Still Missing NC - Zebb Quinn, 18, Asheville, 2 Jan 2000 *Arrest in 2017*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So often we see here folks that kill again and get caught for the first instance.

Kudos to everyone that has been working hard on Zebb's case. Hopefully his family can get some closure out of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well hopfully they will get something out of him regarding zebb. whats sad is that had something been done before these ppl might be alive now... i know LE probably did everything within their power its just sad that alot of times the laws seem to protect the criminals better then inocent ppl

So Owens was the one that Zeb went with after work to look at a car if I'm remembering right? I always thought that the guy he was last with seemed suspicious.

So weird, I check this forum regularly but for some reason today I decided to Google Zebb’s name and the article about Owen’s popped up. I actually had to do a double take. Please oh please let this lead to some kind of break in Zebb’s case!!!

For people who want a refresher on the case, or for those who haven't seen it, I found the article from a 2001 February issue of Spin magazine that is about Zebb's disappearance: “The Vanishing”

Sorry if there are issues with the link or viewing it; I know it's on Google books, and a bit hard to navigate. The article is on page 91. If for whatever reason it doesn't work and a bunch of people would be interested in reading it, I could transcribe and post it here. Anyway, the quote at the end of the article by Owens is chilling. He talks about a woman who told Zebb's sister she had "psychic" visions in her dreams of Zebb and that he would be found under a set of jagged rocks by a source of water in like a giant field/valley area, and though the tip didn't lead to anything, Owens coworkers at Volvo teased him about it. One day they stuck a glove under rocks behind the factory and jokingly told Owens that it was Zebb. His coworkers also called him "Killer" as a joke too; if only they knew how right they were. Creepy.

I wouldn't be surprised if Owens killed Zebb, and has tried to frame Wes and Misty various ways. Maybe the entire story of going to look at a car was a ruse, a way for Owens to get Zebb alone, with a large amount of cash, in a remote area. Perhaps he had a (female?) accomplice who sent the page, which would cast suspicion from Owens; maybe this same person then also helped in moving the car to the location it was found, hoping it would be another red herring for investigators. The lips drawn on the back window look very much like something a young woman would draw; that "style" reminds me so much of bubble writing, the kind some girls in high school had – plus the fact that girls use that window chalk all the time to write on their friends’ cars for graduation, or sports, etc. Maybe it wasn't supposed to be interpreted in order to find Zebb, but was purposely vague, confusing, odd, to intentionally confuse and distract LE from someone else. The only "message" I see in it is perhaps "puppy love", like the love Zebb may have felt for Misty. This case is so strange; I really, really hope we are coming closer to getting some resolution to this case, and justice for Zebb and his family. He seemed like such a sweet, thoughtful, caring young man. He didn't deserve this.

Sorry for the ramble – like I said, these are just my thoughts and opinions. Let's hope that justice comes soon!

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/...s-remembered-heart-just-ripped-half/24911793/

He attended the victim’s wedding and was a handyman at their home. How sad, these nice people gave this criminal a chance, gave him work and let them into their lives and he repaid them by murdering them. There is no doubt in my mind he is involved in Zebb’s disappearance!!!

Me too! If you take the perspective of him being responsible for Zebb's murder as well, then you can see similarities. The victims all were described by others as being kind, loving, caring people, people who would give "anyone a second chance", and Owens came into their lives like a snake, pretending to be their friend, getting close to them, and then striking them when they probably least expected it. What a monster. That couple sounded so beautiful, so full of love for each other and passion for their work – what a horrible loss.

Since the death penalty is definitely possible here, and if he did indeed murder Zebb, maybe they can use it as a bargaining tool to get some closure for Zebb's family. They deserve to have justice too.

The "friend" of Zeb was arrested today for the murder of a missing couple in Ashville NC

Hopefully they can use the death penalty as leverage to get Owens to come clean about Zebb's disapperance. It's beyond terrible that 2 innocent people and an unborn baby had to die for a possible break to come in Zebb's case.

For people who want a refresher on the case, or for those who haven't seen it, I found the article from a 2001 February issue of Spin magazine that is about Zebb's disappearance: “The Vanishing”

Sorry if there are issues with the link or viewing it; I know it's on Google books, and a bit hard to navigate. The article is on page 91. If for whatever reason it doesn't work and a bunch of people would be interested in reading it, I could transcribe and post it here. Anyway, the quote at the end of the article by Owens is chilling. He talks about a woman who told Zebb's sister she had "psychic" visions in her dreams of Zebb and that he would be found under a set of jagged rocks by a source of water in like a giant field/valley area, and though the tip didn't lead to anything, Owens coworkers at Volvo teased him about it. One day they stuck a glove under rocks behind the factory and jokingly told Owens that it was Zebb. His coworkers also called him "Killer" as a joke too; if only they knew how right they were. Creepy.

I wouldn't be surprised if Owens killed Zebb, and has tried to frame Wes and Misty various ways. Maybe the entire story of going to look at a car was a ruse, a way for Owens to get Zebb alone, with a large amount of cash, in a remote area. Perhaps he had a (female?) accomplice who sent the page, which would cast suspicion from Owens; maybe this same person then also helped in moving the car to the location it was found, hoping it would be another red herring for investigators. The lips drawn on the back window look very much like something a young woman would draw; that "style" reminds me so much of bubble writing, the kind some girls in high school had – plus the fact that girls use that window chalk all the time to write on their friends’ cars for graduation, or sports, etc. Maybe it wasn't supposed to be interpreted in order to find Zebb, but was purposely vague, confusing, odd, to intentionally confuse and distract LE from someone else. The only "message" I see in it is perhaps "puppy love", like the love Zebb may have felt for Misty. This case is so strange; I really, really hope we are coming closer to getting some resolution to this case, and justice for Zebb and his family. He seemed like such a sweet, thoughtful, caring young man. He didn't deserve this.

Sorry for the ramble – like I said, these are just my thoughts and opinions. Let's hope that justice comes soon!

If he had an accomplice it had to be someone with access to Zebb’s Aunt Ina’s house since that is where the page originated from. I think it was Misty, who else would Zebb stop everything and take off for? And who looked exactly like the sketch of the woman driving Zebb’s car after his disappearance? MISTY. I think it’s really a matter of linking the players here, which from the looks of it, may have already been done by a poster here.

Yeah, I think that it is definitely a possibility that Misty was involved. Like you said – there aren't many other people with access to the home. Then again, Owens was friendly with Misty and Wes, and who's to say it wasn't just to manipulate and/or use them to his advantage? I just like to play devil's advocate with these theories; it helps me to think from different perspectives about things, and see things I may not have seen or considered before. Regardless of the outcome, I hope Zebb is found and his family is given justice.

I legit was just thinking about Zebb's case yesterday. I'm shocked that this came out. I really hope they get some closure now.

I also find it eerie that Jason is in some of the construction pics on Cristie's page.

Me too! If you take the perspective of him being responsible for Zebb's murder as well, then you can see similarities. The victims all were described by others as being kind, loving, caring people, people who would give "anyone a second chance", and Owens came into their lives like a snake, pretending to be their friend, getting close to them, and then striking them when they probably least expected it. What a monster. That couple sounded so beautiful, so full of love for each other and passion for their work – what a horrible loss.

Since the death penalty is definitely possible here, and if he did indeed murder Zebb, maybe they can use it as a bargaining tool to get some closure for Zebb's family. They deserve to have justice too.

If he is guilty of murdering Zebb and others are involved, I would guess they are feeling quite shaky now. :)

Thanks for posting the link to this article. It was very interesting and gave a good look into the personalities of everyone. I'm surprised that Zebb's father didn't take justice into his own hands.

I hope they find something...
To not know is painful, but this new info must open so many effing painful sores...

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/news/local/2015/03/17/leicester-man-charged-two-counts-murder/24888031/

Zebb Quinn's mother, Denise Vlahakis, said she is not jumping to any conclusions with Owens' arrest.

"I do view it as totally separate from Zebb's case," Vlahakis said. "I'm hopeful with what he's facing, eventually whatever information he may have been holding back he may decide to go ahead and let it go."

Vlahakis said she personally considered Owens a suspect in her son's case.

"He was the last one with Zebb, and his story, it did not fit the timeline of the call records that they had," she said. "And he did show up at an urgent care center the next morning, after Zebb had disappeared, with injuries."

Another article:

Suspect's Property Now Focus of Investigation
Updated: Tuesday, March 17 2015, 09:34 PM EDT

A man who was suspected in the disappearance of Zebb Quinn — one of the region's most baffling cold cases — was charged Tuesday with murder in the deaths of a Leicester couple with Hollywood connections.

and

Owens' property on Owens Cove Road is now the focus of the investigation, but law enforcement will not confirm whether bodies have been found. They say the case is complicated and the release of the information must be handled with care.

A neighbor who would not go on camera told News 13 there was something unusual happening on Owens' property since last Friday. That person says they witnessed him tending a burn pile in the middle of the night. However, the sheriff would not confirm any details of evidence.

http://www.wlos.com/news/features/t...death-linked-missing-persons-case-20136.shtml

Man charged with murder of missing pregnant Food Network star and her husband was suspect in disappearance of boy, 18, in 2000
Published: 00:35 EST, 18 March 2015 | Updated: 01:42 EST, 18 March 2015

Snipped:

Robert Jason Owens, 36, who has been charged with murdering a pregnant Food Network star and her husband, was a key suspect in the disappearance of Zebb Quinn (pictured) 15 years ago, it has emerged.

AR9jf90m.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oy-18-vanished-looking-cars-15-years-ago.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back