Still Missing NC - Zebb Quinn, 18, Asheville, 2 Jan 2000 *Arrest in 2017*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It is possible that the car could have been left somewhere with the keys in it after Zebb was murdered and it being stolen and used for a week (or however long it was) was just an unrelated crime.

How do the page, lips drawn on the car, and puppy fit into this?

Wesley breaks in Zebb's aunt house to page Zebb and tell him he will teach him a lesson by threatning to hurt Misty. Zebb sees this and panicks, he tries to drive off to his aunt's house to confront Wesley. But Owens tries to prevent him from doing so, a fight ensues and Owens kills Zebb in a fit of rage. Then Owens or Wesley drive Zebb's car to a remote area where they somehow manage to hide it until it is discovered two weeks later near the hospital. Misty hears about what happened and knows she could be an accessory to the murder. So Wesley theatnens her, she is forced by him to drive the car to the hospital where Zebb's mother works and Wesley helps her draw the lips on the car as a way of taunting Zebb.

As for the puppy, I have no explanation. The fact that the police were unable to trace his origin is very fishy.

It is possible that the car could have been left somewhere with the keys in it after Zebb was murdered and it being stolen and used for a week (or however long it was) was just an unrelated crime.

It was 2 weeks.

Highly unlikely, unless the police botched the investigation so much that they didn't bother properly looking for the car after Zebb's disappearance.

It was 2 weeks.

Highly unlikely, unless the police botched the investigation so much that they didn't bother properly looking for the car after Zebb's disappearance.
Anything's possible, but around here, a stolen car is kind of rare, much less a stolen car that was hidden for two weeks. I think Jason Owens fancied himself a mastermind and coerced Misty et al. into playing along with the car thing because they were already involved anyway. I can't believe nobody noticed them leaving that car like that, though!

I honestly think Zeb and Misty were in a hotel for two weeks . That's just enough time for them to run out of money or for Misty gets second thoughts and call her boyfriend . Her boyfriend shows up with Jason Owens a fight ensues . Zeb is killed in the scuffle . Misty fearing she will be implicated because she called them over . Reluctantly gets rid of the car per their instructions she is upset about zeb death also but afraid .Shes probably frantic and in tears . In a desperate juvenile act of remorse she draws a kiss on the back window and leaves the puppy ( a gift from zeb )in the car .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything's possible, but around here, a stolen car is kind of rare, much less a stolen car that was hidden for two weeks. I think Jason Owens fancied himself a mastermind and coerced Misty et al. into playing along with the car thing because they were already involved anyway. I can't believe nobody noticed them leaving that car like that, though!

Like I said, unless they didn't bother looking for the car, which would be weird knowing all the circumstances, there is NO WAY in my mind that they couldn't account for it for two weeks. Seems like it was a botched and sloppy investigation right from the beginning.

If you really look into the story deeply you'll realize that it doesn't make ANY sense to suggest that Misty and Zebb were in a hotel, let alone together and let alone for 2 weeks. Misty was questioned by police shortly after Zebb's disappearance, she was accounted for for the two weeks between the disappearance and the car being found and she was also accounted for on the night of the disappearance. What I do believe though is that someone ordered her under extreme pressure to drive Zebb's car to that hospital after the murder so it could be found. A couple that was driving nearby identified Misty as being the driver although she denied it and that has never been proven.

I knew zeb personally he had a learning disability that made him some what naive . It's totally possible that misty went to talk too the police leaving zeb behind in the hotel . In my scenario these are young lovers planning to run away . You bring up a very good point . I've looked into this case deeply this case is all around me . My kids go to school on the very road zeb disappeared from.With so many leads exhausted through the years . I was just trying to think out of the box . I know this thread is rather long at this point . However if you look back at my comment history you will see that . I've been invested in this case for quite some time .

I knew zeb personally he had a learning disability that made him some what naive . It's totally possible that misty went to talk too the police leaving zeb behind in the hotel . In my scenario these are young lovers planning to run away . You bring up a very good point . I've looked into this case deeply this case is all around me . My kids go to school on the very road zeb disappeared from.With so many leads exhausted through the years . I was just trying to think out of the box . I know this thread is rather long at this point . However if you look back at my comment history you will see that . I've been invested in this case for quite some time .

Wow, interesting that you knew Zebb. Thinking out of the box is a great idea. I'm prone to doing it, myself, haha! I have always gotten the impression that Zebb was socially awkward and that M was a bit out of his reach (sorry, that is terrible to say it that way, especially if she is involved). That's just an impression, nothing to base it on. I got the impression that she was kind to him, which made him all the more smitten, but that she was never that interested. But I never knew Zebb.

Wild45, what is your opinion about whether a car could be hidden around the area for two weeks? Maybe he/she/they switched the tags and parked it somewhere at a grocery store or whatever for a while. I think it would be kind of easy to hide it by moving it around in plain sight or leaving it on some back road, especially if there were multiple people involved. FWIW, I think investigators have done what they could with what they have had to go on. Just my opinion, blah blah.

I don't find it implausible that the car could've been left somewhere the day/day after he disappeared, and then at some point was taken on a joyride (and possibly left in the parking lot the same day it was taken).

I'm not saying it's the most likely possibility, I am just trying to look at it from different angles (like wild45) because in light of recent events I think it is possible that Owens was the only person involved.

I honestly think Zeb and Misty were in a hotel for two weeks . That's just enough time for them to run out of money or for Misty gets second thoughts and call her boyfriend . Her boyfriend shows up with Jason Owens a fight ensues . Zeb is killed in the scuffle . Misty fearing she will be implicated because she called them over . Reluctantly gets rid of the car per their instructions she is upset about zeb death also but afraid .Shes probably frantic and in tears . In a desperate juvenile act of remorse she draws a kiss on the back window and leaves the puppy ( a gift from zeb )in the car .

The reason I think Zebb was killed the night he disappeared is because Owens had injuries the next day that he attributed to his 2 mysterious car accidents (afaik it was never confirmed that he was actually in any car accident, right?).

The reason I think Zebb was killed the night he disappeared is because Owens had injuries the next day that he attributed to his 2 mysterious car accidents (afaik it was never confirmed that he was actually in any car accident, right?).

According to Owens, he was only in ONE car accident that apparently happened the morning after Zebb's disappearance. But it was never confirmed that Owens was ever in a car accident and the police stated that Owens' injuries were inconsistent with those of a car crash. Knowing that, I'm surprised they didn't arrest him on the spot. With that being said, I firmly believe Owens couldn't have acted alone. Whoever helped him with the cover-up did a great job, unfortunately. Also, keep in mind that a couple that was driving nearby saw Zebb's car and identified Misty as the person driving it before it was found at the hospital. When you think about it, it would make sense, I mean why would Owens drive a car to the hospital where Zebb's mother was working and then draw a pair of lips on the back window???

According to Owens, he was only in ONE car accident that apparently happened the morning after Zebb's disappearance.

Per wikipedia, Owens claimed to have been in 2 unreported car accidents the night of Zebb's disappearance:

"Quinn told him that he needed to cancel their plans to look at the vehicle and as he drove off, he rear ended Owens' vehicle. Hours later, Owens was treated at the hospital for fractured ribs and a head injury that he said he sustained in a second car accident that evening. No accident report was filed with police."

Wesley breaks in Zebb's aunt house to page Zebb and tell him he will teach him a lesson by threatning to hurt Misty. Zebb sees this and panicks, he tries to drive off to his aunt's house to confront Wesley.
Was this a numeric pager? How could Zebb have communicated that he was at the aunt's house and threatening Mistry with a page?

It's totally possible that misty went to talk too the police leaving zeb behind in the hotel . In my scenario these are young lovers planning to run away.
Why would she do this? It would be easy for her to say that he's safe in a hotel of his own volition. They would have moved on to other things. They'd have no right or responsibility to get involved with someone choosing to stay in a hotel. If she had left her b/f for those two weeks, what more is it to admit that Zebb is with her.

Was this a numeric pager? How could Zebb have communicated that he was at the aunt's house and threatening Mistry with a page?

I was talking about Wesley, Misty's boyfriend, not Zebb. Wesley could have broken in Zebb's aunt house to threaten Zebb using his aunt's pager.

Per wikipedia, Owens claimed to have been in 2 unreported car accidents the night of Zebb's disappearance:

"Quinn told him that he needed to cancel their plans to look at the vehicle and as he drove off, he rear ended Owens' vehicle. Hours later, Owens was treated at the hospital for fractured ribs and a head injury that he said he sustained in a second car accident that evening. No accident report was filed with police."

The "second car accident" was in reference to the first car accident being Zebb rear ending Owen's vehicle. If we don't take that "accident" into account then Owens was only allegedly involved in ONE car accident the morning after, like I said.

The "second car accident" was in reference to the first car accident being Zebb rear ending Owen's vehicle. If we don't take that "accident" into account then Owens was only allegedly involved in ONE car accident the morning after, like I said.

Owens claims he was in two accidents - this cannot be disputed.

That doesn't have anything to do with how many accidents any of us think he was in.

If the second accident happened on the morning after Zebb's disappearance then when did the first accident happen? And if the first accident happened on the morning after Zebb's disappearance then when did the second accident happen? ^^

Ok we're talking about a small mountain town that was even smaller and less developed in the early 2000's. I know for a fact that there are numerous places to hide a small compact car . We cannot believe a word Jason Owen says. Zeb was not afraid to fight especially over someone he had feelings for or anyone he thought had been wronged .He had a very simple sense of justice . If Jason Owens got in a fight with zeb that night he probably was on the losing end. I'm not sure why Jason called in to Walmart impersonating zeb the next day. Maybe to cover up the fact that he previously attempted to ambush zeb. I think the pages in the phone calls and the break-ins to his aunts house were all part of the plot to get rid of him that night. I believe that zeb eventually fell victim to a murder plot that involved Wesley Misty and Jason Owens to some degree I just don't believe that he died that night.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rebel23
Back