Still Missing NC - Zebb Quinn, 18, Asheville, 2 Jan 2000 *Arrest in 2017*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://wlos.com/news/local/court-appearance-scheduled-today-for-robert-jason-owens

Robert Jason Owens, 37, is charged with killing Cristie and J.T. Codd and their unborn child. They went missing in March of 2015, and burned human remains were found on his property nearby.

An administrative hearing is scheduled for Tuesday in his case.

More from article...

Owens was also originally a person of interest in the disappearance of Zebb Quinn, a teen who went missing in 2000. Owens was reportedly the last person Quinn was seen with.

Wow O is still not talking...

Just a quick note....I always saw the car and pup differently. Yes they needed to get rid of the car, especially if the original hiding place would link them (I say them coz I believe by this time all 3 youngsters were involved).
But its also symbolic in nature, heres the car. Now u all know he didnt run away....but heres a puppy to cheer u up. Sealed with a kiss. Mwah.

Now I dont know where the pup came from or why. Be interesting to know how close they were to Zebbs family. Could they have remembered a story of his sister maybe wanting a lab? Or them having had a lab before.....or another cruel taunt?

One thing I find annoying is that it has still not been revealed whether what was found buried underneath the concrete of the fish pond was Quinn or not.
All that was revealed was that they had unearthed "fabric"(from clothes?), "leather materials"(soles?), and "unknown hard fragments"(bone fragments?). Back then, the investigators said it was because of an ongoing investigation, but does that mean that not even the family of Quinn can know until the investigation is over, either?

Perhaps the following update from last year has already been brought up, and if so I apologize in advance:

A pair of Quinn searches(...........)
But the Quinn investigation has more recently included a search in the Bent Creek Experimental Forest, one that was spurred by a tipster who has not been publicly disclosed.
When law officers took to Bent Creek and blocked access to an oft-traveled forest road, Owens — the last known person to see Quinn alive — had been in jail for about 11 weeks, charged with the murders of the Codds and their unborn child.
Officials will not say if the Bent Creek tip came from Owens or if he has spoken with investigators about any knowledge he may have of Quinn's disappearance. The information, however, was credible enough to draw officers from the Asheville Police and the Buncombe County Sheriff's departments to the popular forest, just southwest of Asheville.
On the last Saturday in May, hikers and bikers arrived in the Bent Creek area to find law officers had blocked a forest road. At the time, a police spokeswoman said the department takes tips it receives seriously. A U.S. Forest Service official called the area an active crime scene.
Unlike the fish pond information from a family member, the Bent Creek tip — one that prompted a response and at least a cursory search five months ago — has not led to an excavation request by the Asheville Police Department, which is charged with the Quinn investigation.

To dig on Forest Service land requires that a permit be issued, according to that agency, and none has been sought or granted.
http://www.citizen-times.com/story/...s-codd-slayings-quinn-disappearance/74340472/

A bit odd that they haven't asked for a permition to excavate the site, given that it says stated that the tip was "credible enough".

I still think about this case a lot. Wish there were more updates.

Robert jason owens is now in jail for killing 2 people in leicester, nc both were famous jt codd & christie who was pg. He burned them in a wood stove. They say he hit jt with his own truck but didn't say what happen to christie. He had everything to do with zebb but who knows if he will ever talk..it's sad if he would have been in prison for zebb the other 2 would be alive, sad all the way around for his victims..

Haven’t been on here in a long time but think about Zebb’s case often. Recently I came across a proclaimed psychic’s blog and what he said about Zebb’s case made sense. Jason conspired with Misty and her boyfriend to lure Zebb out somewhere. When he arrived, Misty’s boyfriend forced him out of the car and a fight ensued. Jason then also showed up and joined the fight and Zebb is killed and buried. The money Zebb is carrying to buy the car is then split between Jason and Misty and her boyfriend, who in turn also give some of it to Zebb’s aunt, who was also in on it as she was a drug addict and wanted some of that money for drugs.

I had really hoped that with Jason being caught for the other murders he would break and confess about Zebb but unfortunately that has not happened yet and I’m assuming neither Misty or her boyfriend (who she is still with and has kids with) will never snitch on each other.

Investigation continues after human remains found near construction site in Leicester
http://wlos.com/news/local/investig...ins-found-near-construction-site-in-leicester

Buncombe County investigators have removed human remains and other items found near a construction site in Leicester.

Just posting this here with a hopeful heart. It's in the community where JO is from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As much as I would prefer Zeb would be found alive, if he is deceased, I hope this is him. I really just don't get authorities saying they don't think foul play involved when all they have is skeletal remains. SMH

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if Zebb was wearing a hat that night? That article says shoes and a hat were found with the body. Leicester is only 11 miles from Asheville according to google. I think about Zebb every time I drive through the area. Maybe his family will finally get some answers.

ETA: Just watched the surveillance photo again where he entered the gas station, and he wasn't wearing a hat at that time. Doesn't really mean anything, though.

So, in the letter, Owens says he's lived in fear of his uncle (Gene) "since Jan. 2000 because of what I witnessed him doing" and says he saw him commit murder? If he's not talking about Zebb, that seems like a strange coincidence to me. Has Gene's name come up any other time in the case? Also can't rule out the idea of Zebb trying to pin it on him, but this is very strange.

So, in the letter, Owens says he's lived in fear of his uncle (Gene) "since Jan. 2000 because of what I witnessed him doing" and says he saw him commit murder? If he's not talking about Zebb, that seems like a strange coincidence to me. Has Gene's name come up any other time in the case? Also can't rule out the idea of Zebb trying to pin it on him, but this is very strange.

I can't remember ever hearing about an uncle or a Gene, but it's been more than 16 years now since this started. I plan on starting from the beginning and going back through all this again at some point. (I'm not sure why. If law enforcement and the family haven't been able to get the truth revealed by now, I'm sure I won't. I've been thinking about Zebb all these years, I guess, and I wish his family had answers.)

Anyway... random thoughts.
1) Who is this Gene?
2) Can we assume that's Owens' wife's handwriting? It has a lot of curly, girly letters.
3) I always thought the lips drawing looked like the work of a female.
4) I mentioned this before (a few years ago), but why the heck would Owens name his dog Mistie/Misty? I wouldn't want to be reminded of a murder case I was accused of every time I called the dogs into the house.
5) That's a pretty strange excuse for the double-wide being burned down while he was locked up. "No doubt [Gene] burnt it to send me a warning because I'm safe from him in here." Huh?

Just caught up reading the thread here on this case. It's a very sad case that Zebb has not been found after all these years, :(
The letter is pretty strange, although it seems Owens thinks he will be getting out of prison after the Trial. i kind of doubt that though. There were burned dismembered body parts found at his place and he did confess to killing the poor couple that were murdered. So i don't know why he is trying to implicate the Gene character, whoever that is? Looks like a plea deal is in the works but needs to be determined yet?

I was going to say i used to live about an hour away from Asheville in Cherokee, N.C. it is very pretty around those areas up there. Very friendly folk there and hard to think something so awful could happen there. Very sad.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j@nky
Back