Still Missing NC - Zebb Quinn, 18, Asheville, 2 Jan 2000 *Arrest in 2017*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think Zebb's case might just take another strange turn.

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/...-quinn-disappearance-still-mystery/100992686/

Owens' attorneys talk about his connection to Zebb's disappearance, saying Owens gave a very detailed statement regarding that matter, and that he is "not at all responsible" for the death of Zebb Quinn.

From this article, both the attorneys and the DA all expect "another legal proceeding" involving the Quinn case. I don't understand if that simply means they're not going to deal with it now, or if they really expect it to happen at some point.

I think the letter mentioning an uncle Gene is the tip of the iceberg of some big story Owens is going to reveal. Although, I must say, somebody would have to present some really compelling evidence for me to believe Owens "is not at all responsible for the death of Zebb Quinn.”

ETA: Why?!?! Is it worded "death of Zebb Quinn?" There has been no evidence he is deceased, right?! Poor reporting? Poor choice of words from the attorneys? Knowledge of evidence that has not been released? I am ready for this to be over for Zebb's family's sake!

I think Zebb's case might just take another strange turn.

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/...-quinn-disappearance-still-mystery/100992686/

Owens' attorneys talk about his connection to Zebb's disappearance, saying Owens gave a very detailed statement regarding that matter, and that he is "not at all responsible" for the death of Zebb Quinn.

From this article, both the attorneys and the DA all expect "another legal proceeding" involving the Quinn case. I don't understand if that simply means they're not going to deal with it now, or if they really expect it to happen at some point.

I think the letter mentioning an uncle Gene is the tip of the iceberg of some big story Owens is going to reveal. Although, I must say, somebody would have to present some really compelling evidence for me to believe Owens "is not at all responsible for the death of Zebb Quinn.”

ETA: Why?!?! Is it worded "death of Zebb Quinn?" There has been no evidence he is deceased, right?! Poor reporting? Poor choice of words from the attorneys? Knowledge of evidence that has not been released? I am ready for this to be over for Zebb's family's sake!

Thankyou for posting up the info. and link to this story.
It states initially in the article the "presumed killing" of Zebb. And as you say it then goes on to state "the death of", so i agree, bit of a contradiction in reporting there IMO.
And Owens did plead guilty to murdering & dismembering the Codd couple and their unborn baby, so he most certainly capable of committing such a horrific crime, and not really a stretch to think he probably murdered Zebb too.
Also states the matter into Zebb's death is not over yet. So maybe there was evidence confirmed with newer latest forensic testing into what they found at Owen's property? And probably that there may be more on Zebb's case soon, but that the cases are seperate from one another because they are different crimes not connected to each other.

Jason Ownes just gave info to police and is being charged with Zebb's murder! Just happened!

Great news!!

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

https://www.facebook.com/pg/ashevillepolice/posts/?ref=page_internal

Today a Buncombe County Grand Jury returned an indictment charging Robert Jason Owens with First Degree Murder for the death of Zebb Wayne Quinn on January 2, 2000. This indictment is the result of years of investigative work and persistence by detectives of the Asheville Police Department, as well as ongoing partnerships with members of the Quinn family and the Buncombe County District Attorney’s Office.
Robert Jason Owens is currently in custody and serving an active prison sentence for the murders of Cristie and Joseph Codd.
Detectives are continuing to work on this investigation and encourage anyone with additional information to contact the Asheville Police Department at 828-252-1110 or Crime Stoppers at 828-255-5050.

Jason Ownes just gave info to police and is being charged with Zebb's murder! Just happened!

Oh thank God this monster is going to pay for his horrible crime. They got him, Zebb and he will never be able to hurt anyone ever again.
I have always felt so bad for Zebb and his mum, Denise Vlahakis, and I pray she is able to find peace as well as bring Zebb home where he belongs.

Godspeed, Zebb Quinn

ETA
Thanks for posting, SassyBenton.

I'm glad this finally happened.

Seems like he felt he got away with it once, so he could do it again and it all unraveled from there.

There are still some things I wonder about though:

Who called Zebb from his aunt’s house that night?
Who was the woman seen driving Zebb’s car?

I've always thought it was very possible that the car was stolen. If Owens abandoned it with the keys left inside someone else could have found it and used it until it was left in that parking lot. The only thing that doesn't go along with that is the drawing on the windows of the car (but that doesn't go along with any reasonable theory because no matter what crime the driver had committed they shouldn't want to draw attention to him/herself).

I've always thought it was very possible that the car was stolen. If Owens abandoned it with the keys left inside someone else could have found it and used it until it was left in that parking lot. The only thing that doesn't go along with that is the drawing on the windows of the car (but that doesn't go along with any reasonable theory because no matter what crime the driver had committed they shouldn't want to draw attention to him/herself).

I could see it being stolen by some random person but it’s quite a coincidence that the car ended up RIGHT by Zebb’s mother’s place of employment where it would be easily seen. The fact that it was left running with the puppy in it and the mysterious lip drawing on the window makes me think the person really wanted someone to notice that car. If a random person found it and was driving it around, why would they do those things before ditching the car instead of just leaving it by the side of the road in an inconspicuous place? I’m wondering if Zebb confided to Jason about the situation with Misty and Jason tried to make Zebb’s disappearance look like it involved Misty instead of him?

I could see it being stolen by some random person but it’s quite a coincidence that the car ended up RIGHT by Zebb’s mother’s place of employment where it would be easily seen.

I know Zebb's mom put it out there that she thought the car was left close to her place of work as a message to her, but that's just not an assumption I'm ready to make. It was very close to the hospital, but I don't think the downtown/'city' part of Asheville is that big anyway.

The fact that it was left running with the puppy in it and the mysterious lip drawing on the window makes me think the person really wanted someone to notice that car. If a random person found it and was driving it around, why would they do those things before ditching the car instead of just leaving it by the side of the road in an inconspicuous place? I’m wondering if Zebb confided to Jason about the situation with Misty and Jason tried to make Zebb’s disappearance look like it involved Misty instead of him?

These are all possible. I think the car could have been left staged (to try to tell a different story of the murder), it could have been sending a direct message, or it could have been used by someone completely uninvolved with the crime for 2 weeks and then abandoned in a hurry (hence the dog and jacket left inside) because the car thief thought they were going to get caught.

Thankyou for the updated information on this in Zebb's case. So glad the investigation has finally nabbed the perpetrator who murdered Zebb. It's just heartbreaking for his mom and other family he has that have long been waiting for justice for the loss of their beloved Zebb.

There are still some things I wonder about though:

Who called Zebb from his aunt’s house that night?

BBM, Don't know who called, but this from Zebb's mom
(quote)
Vlahakis said she personally considered Owens a suspect in her son's case.

"He was the last one with Zebb, and his story, it did not fit the timeline of the call records that they had," she said. "And he did show up at an urgent care center the next morning, after Zebb had disappeared, with injuries."
http://www.citizen-times.com/story/...ester-man-charged-two-counts-murder/24888031/

#justiceforZebb

I am so glad justice is finally being served.

Finally. Now I hope they find the remains of Zebb and give his family closure.

Why did it take 17 years for this arrest to be made? They should have arrested him the next day when he showed up with injuries clearly not consistent with a car crash.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabrinalyyn
Back