Found Deceased ND - Savanna Lafontaine-Greywind, 22, pregnant, Fargo, 19 Aug 2017 #1 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the way I read it, the stolen clothing was something that happened in the past. Also I never saw any reports that said the neighbors had been publicly cleared.
I believe out hppnd in June per fb if I'm correct she was pg then and the make was cleared as in his arrest was deemed unrelated

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

I mean, clearly these two aren't the smartest, but I still think it's more likely that Savanna herself texted her mom. If not, there would be no reason for the couple to implicate themselves. They probably didn't even realize that Savanna told anyone where she was going.

ETA: This is my theory, obviously just my own opinion. They invite her up to the apartment thinking that no one would know where she was. They have a scuffle in the bathroom which the downstairs neighbors overhear. Then her brother shows up, they don't answer the door. Shortly after her father comes upstairs looking for her, they say she's not done. At this point, they realize that the family knows where she was going so they have to get her out of the apartment. She must have been alive at this point if the baby is only 2 days old so they somehow convinced her to leave with them. Possibly ensuring her safety if she goes with or threatening to kill her/the baby if she doesn't leave with them. At one point, there were reports that she was seen outside the apartment around 2:30. They move her to another location. The male probably stays with her while the female returns to the apartment. Around 4:30, Savanna's mom knocks on the door and the female says she has left already. That would explain why there was reportedly no forensic evidence of Savanna or the baby during the initial searches. And could very well be why the suspects felt comfortable letting LE search the premises. Maybe they planned to keep her until she delivered or maybe they just needed to gather things for a 'C-section' and that's what held things up a few days.

I dont think they even thought the whole crime through. So brazen to harm someone in a small apt building especially when the victims family lives there too.. Sounds like they were desperate for a baby in any way they could get

they never were really publicly cleared, DK was. they did arrest the man on a warrant.
I think he was arrested on the warrant and hopes that le would keep him and interrogate him but he paid the fine and got released so quickly they didn't have a chance and they tried to make it seem like it was unrelated so he wouldn't run away or start watching his tracks but I feel that they always had suspicions

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Can someone link me to the fb post from Savannah where she talks about the female neighbor taking her clothes?

On June 19 - the victim posted a comment similar to: I'm so tired of living in apartments, my last apartment I lived in my clothes would be in the dryer and people would open it & dig through them. The apartment im in now I've literally found my clothes on the stairs, I've put up a sign saying NOT to be taking people's clothes. The last few weeks I've noticed my almost all my clothes have gone missing well guess what???? I see the ***** above me wearing my clothes. Gross

I'm still catching up so forgive me if this was already discussed.

And weren't be assured that he had absolutely nothing to do with Savanna's case?!! Or am I nuts? (See below)

Maybe they had their suspicions but let him go in the hope he might lead them to Savanna and/or the baby?

I don't get it. There would be a tremendous amount of blood and a screaming baby . How can this have happened in that apt if police and k9 went in there 3x and found no sign???

She had to have been brought somewhere for them to accomplish this imo

I agree and I think maybe the four men that were mentioned yesterday (LE had talked to them?) are doctors? Maybe LE spoke to all the doctors in that vicinity to find out whether an illegal surgery had taken place.

What a horrific case! I'm so shocked! :scared:

Back to reading ...

I keep saying this on various crime threads..but here I go again....I just can't even.......I JUST CAN'T EVEN

WTH

I just can't.

I take breaks from here...and I don't post...but I read. It just seems like things are getting worse. Or maybe I'm just more sensitive because I'm getting older.

This is definately not the outcome we were all hoping for, but were bracing for. Thank the Lord that this baby seems to be well! Hoping that Savanna is found and reunited with her family and that the justice that Savanna and her family deserve is swift!

mod note:

Websleuths is a fact-based forum. If you state something as fact, you must provide a link to an approved source (LE, MSM) to back it up. If you can't link it, you can't post it.

Comments and posts made by the general public on social media are considered rumor and are not permitted. Websleuths does not permit discussion of rumors or gossip which would include local chatter.
:tyou:

On June 19 - the victim posted a comment similar to: I'm so tired of living in apartments, my last apartment I lived in my clothes would be in the dryer and people would open it & dig through them. The apartment im in now I've literally found my clothes on the stairs, I've put up a sign saying NOT to be taking people's clothes. The last few weeks I've noticed my almost all my clothes have gone missing well guess what???? I see the ***** above me wearing my clothes. Gross

I wonder if that was the plan to get Savannah angry so a confrontation would happen. Men waiting in another room then ambushing her. So sad JMO

I think Ashleigh Banfield reported this too. I can't believe Savanna went willingly to these people's apartment ???

PREGNANT WOMAN VANISHES (post to remind newbies here what actually happened)...

The family’s ordeal began on Saturday.

That’s when a woman living in a third-floor apartment knocked on the door of the LaFontaine-Greywind family’s basement apartment and asked if Savanna would model a dress she was sewing so she could pin it, offering to pay her $20 for doing so, the Forum News Service reports.

The family didn’t know the woman well, according to the outlet. After saying she would go to help, Savanna left the apartment but never returned, reportedly leaving her car and wallet behind.

When Norberta when to check on her daughter upstairs, she was told Savanna had left.

“I immediately knew something was wrong because [my daughter’s] car is here,” Norberta told the Forum News Service. “She’s eight months pregnant. Her feet were swollen, so she wouldn’t have taken up walking like that. There was pizza here that she hadn’t eaten. She would not just leave that lady’s apartment and go somewhere.”

http://people.com/crime/pregnant-fargo-woman-vanishes/

So was anyone else home when Savanna ordered the pizza, then went upstairs? I mean she texted her mom, so did anyone actually witness the actual request of help with the dress?

This made me think that the woman above may have been obsessively identifying with SlG, mimicking what she was doing, pretending to be pregnant, borrowing her clothes to feel more like her, etc. Maybe she was making a maternity dress for herself, she had gone so far down the path of her delusion... SlG's mom's hinky meter was going off about this woman, for good reason, I suspect.

Some dumb questions:

Would she have to be alive during a C Section?

Also what about the breastfeeding aspect?

Could they have induced labor with drugs? I saw upstream it takes time for that to work...if they were holding her somewhere?

If they're nuts enough to perform surgery, might they have dismembered her?

I'm not LaborDayRN, but I was an L&D nurse for 12 years and now a WHNP, so here is MOO...

Technically, she would not have to be alive for a C/S, but there would only be a window of about 3 minutes before risking permanent brain damage to an oxygen deprived fetus

Labor induction is more far fetched to me given the time requirement and the necessity of an isolated place away from the ears of others, as labor induction is not a quick nor quiet undertaking; however, theoretically I suppose whoever did this could have gotten their hands on some pitocin or cytotec and accomplished that if there was time and space for it. I just can't see that as reasonable, though, considering she would have had to be restrained in some way throughout the process.

Most likely scenario is a quick makeshift C/S and disposal. Although I can not wrap my brain around it, we have seen cases of it before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PREGNANT WOMAN VANISHES (post to remind newbies here what actually happened)...

The family’s ordeal began on Saturday.

That’s when a woman living in a third-floor apartment knocked on the door of the LaFontaine-Greywind family’s basement apartment and asked if Savanna would model a dress she was sewing so she could pin it, offering to pay her $20 for doing so, the Forum News Service reports.

The family didn’t know the woman well, according to the outlet. After saying she would go to help, Savanna left the apartment but never returned, reportedly leaving her car and wallet behind.

When Norberta when to check on her daughter upstairs, she was told Savanna had left.

“I immediately knew something was wrong because [my daughter’s] car is here,” Norberta told the Forum News Service. “She’s eight months pregnant. Her feet were swollen, so she wouldn’t have taken up walking like that. There was pizza here that she hadn’t eaten. She would not just leave that lady’s apartment and go somewhere.”

http://people.com/crime/pregnant-fargo-woman-vanishes/

Reminds me of the pregnant woman who was murdered answering a craigslist ad for baby clothes. Sad sad sad world we live in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjan