Found Deceased ND - Savanna Lafontaine-Greywind, 22, pregnant, Fargo, 19 Aug 2017 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless I read all of this wrong, I think this could very well be a FEDERAL case:

https://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/usao/legacy/2012/01/26/usab6001.pdf

IV. Federal jurisdiction over murders or "resulting in death" offenses

C. Killings while a killer/defendant engaged in another federal offense

There are many statutes which provide that if a person is killed while the killer/defendant iscommitting another federal felony offense, federal jurisdiction exists over the murder itself. The federalgovernment has jurisdiction over killings that occur during

(snipped..see page for entire list)
A kidnaping (18 U.S.C. § 1201)

V. Issues in federal murder cases

B. Murder during a kidnapping

Prosecutions involving deaths during a kidnapping have raised some unique issues regarding thetiming and location of the murder in relation to the kidnapping. For example, in United States v.Rodriguez, 581 F.3d 775 (8th Cir. 2009), the victim was kidnapped from a mall parking lot in SouthDakota and her body was later found in a ditch in Minnesota. Where she was killed was never clear, butthe defendant was prosecuted in South Dakota for a kidnapping resulting in death. The court affirmed thevenue, holding "[w]here a crime consists of distinct parts which have different localities the whole maybe tried where any part can be proved to have been done." Id. at 784 (internal citation omitted). Similarly,in United States v. Montgomery, 635 F.3d 1074 (8th Cir. 2011), the defendant murdered a pregnantwoman, cut the fetus from her stomach, and kidnapped the live baby taking it across state lines. Thedefendant appealed her conviction, arguing the victim died before she removed the baby from the womband therefore the death could not have resulted from the kidnapping which chronologically occurred afterthe murder. The Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals affirmed the conviction, "conclud[ing] that a death mayprecede the completion of the crime of kidnapping, but nonetheless result from the kidnapping." Id. at1087.

Thank you Margarita25

[video=youtube;Or--zjvO5Q0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or--zjvO5Q0[/video]
thank you for posting this ... a mix of beautiful and sad, but soothing to me

Unless I read all of this wrong, I think this could very well be a FEDERAL case:

https://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/usao/legacy/2012/01/26/usab6001.pdf

IV. Federal jurisdiction over murders or "resulting in death" offenses

C. Killings while a killer/defendant engaged in another federal offense

There are many statutes which provide that if a person is killed while the killer/defendant iscommitting another federal felony offense, federal jurisdiction exists over the murder itself. The federalgovernment has jurisdiction over killings that occur during

(snipped..see page for entire list)
A kidnaping (18 U.S.C. § 1201)

V. Issues in federal murder cases

B. Murder during a kidnapping

Prosecutions involving deaths during a kidnapping have raised some unique issues regarding thetiming and location of the murder in relation to the kidnapping. For example, in United States v.Rodriguez, 581 F.3d 775 (8th Cir. 2009), the victim was kidnapped from a mall parking lot in SouthDakota and her body was later found in a ditch in Minnesota. Where she was killed was never clear, butthe defendant was prosecuted in South Dakota for a kidnapping resulting in death. The court affirmed thevenue, holding "[w]here a crime consists of distinct parts which have different localities the whole maybe tried where any part can be proved to have been done." Id. at 784 (internal citation omitted). Similarly,in United States v. Montgomery, 635 F.3d 1074 (8th Cir. 2011), the defendant murdered a pregnantwoman, cut the fetus from her stomach, and kidnapped the live baby taking it across state lines. Thedefendant appealed her conviction, arguing the victim died before she removed the baby from the womband therefore the death could not have resulted from the kidnapping which chronologically occurred afterthe murder. The Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals affirmed the conviction, "conclud[ing] that a death mayprecede the completion of the crime of kidnapping, but nonetheless result from the kidnapping." Id. at1087.

This very well could be the reason for the Chief of Police's decision to postpone the press conference until this morning. The federal prosecutor(s) should be present at said press conference.

So - it's like only 7:30am there - correct?

Anyone know "what time" this arraignment is going to be?

TIA!

JUSTICE for SAVANNA! :rose:

Typically bodies are sent to the coroner in the county in which the body was found. Since savanna is being sent to A coroner in Minnesota (breaks my heart to type that)- I believe this means it can be a federal case since the crime crossed state lines and the prosecutors can seek the death penalty. IMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No matter where the body if found the FBI normally has a statutory authorization to get involved in a kidnapping ever since the Federal Kidnapping Act 18 U.S.C. § 1201 was enacted after Charles "Lucky" Lindbergh's child was kidnapped.

So - it's like only 7:30am there - correct?

Anyone know "what time" this arraignment is going to be?

TIA!

JUSTICE for SAVANNA! :rose:

Correct (on the time). I don't know what time the arraignment is going to be but it probably took all night to list the charges. I can come up with: kidnapping of Savanna, kidnapping the baby, murder, abuse of a corpse, child abuse, trespassing, breaking and entering.

I'm glad they're having to sit in jail this weekend! Curious to see if there will be a bail amount, or if they would be considered too high of a flight risk?

If they're into drugs, I hope they are into severe DT's about now too!
I stated this in the last thread... If they are indeed meth addicts then sadly there's not much of DT's that's going to happen. It's not like as if they were on opioids, alcohol, or benzos. There is no physical withdrawal or pain, and there isn't any seizures or trembling like there is with alcohol or benzos! Unfortunately, the only dts with meth is they'll just sleep for days and be really lazy!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Adding my condolences to the thread. RIP Savanna [emoji257]

Besides a child, nothing to me is more sacred than an expectant mother. I wish peace to her loved ones, her baby girl and mostly to this young father who has lost his true love. So unfair. May justice be swift and unbearably hard on these two monsters.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I never have the right words to say. I am devastated by this news this morning. RIP beautiful Savanna. Fly high with the Angels sweetheart. To Savanna's family, my thoughts, prayers and tears are with you at this awful time. Always remember Savanna's love and light, and make sure that beautiful baby girl knows her mother's love for her. I am so sorry. Lisa

Do we know for sure that the building is in Harwood . I know somebody who lives in the area and they were searching both sides of the river late into the evening . Also it is mostly homes on the North Dakota side .

People are horrific. Very horrific to read she is dead, even though many of us knew she was. Should be a death penalty case imo. Nothing less will suffice.

Just logged in and saw the title of the thread changed. I had hoped beyond hope that they had an accomplice hiding her. This is heartbreaking. So unnecessary and for what ends? The one blessing is that the baby is alive and healthy. A piece of Savanna lives on in her.

There are just not words that something like this can happen to someone. I can't imagine the feelings and emotions the boyfriend and her family must be feeling. I also feel bad for the kayakers to see such a thing. I don't know how anyone can even think of doing something so horrible letting alone doing it.
This case has really hit me. I have been really hoping she would be found alive but once they found the baby and the neighbors hearing things I knew it wouldn't turn out well. She was so young and I had my first child at 22. I can't imagine how horrible her death must have been. I pray the family and the boyfriend get to meet the baby girl soon and it helps that the baby survived. Such a shame..and the baby will be told one day that her mother was murdered...

Can anyone google map the farmstead?
Someone did and it displays on my Tapatalk homepage for this thread, but i cant find it within the thread. Attaching my screenprint for this:
c70d002645df1d1ce325d0d66b67802f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members