Found Deceased ND - Savanna Lafontaine-Greywind, 22, pregnant, Fargo, 19 Aug 2017 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How terribly sad. What a horrible, horrible crime. RIP pretty girl.

This is the definition of tragedy. Thank goodness that little girl survived this, and will bring her mother's light forward into the world.
That these criminals were so terrible is a positive for the prosecution. I am betting the plastic is the shower curtain. How I wish the downstairs couple had not left at 2 pm, because what they heard would have helped, maybe even saved Savanna's life, in my opinion.

Rest in Peace, Savanna. May your family be surrounded by love and light as they weather this enormous tragedy.

I absolutely love your words that the little girl "will bring her mother's light forward into the world." Beautiful and true [emoji179] Rest In Peace Savanna.

Appropriate words are always difficult. I'm heartbroken for Savannahs family, and so angry at the monsters who took her life. It's so senseless. I hope LE has lots of forensic evidence for a solid conviction. The Shining light in this horific tragedy is sweet little Haisley Jo. May her mama's love always shine through her and into the families hearts.

Deepest condolences to Savanna’s mother and father, her siblings, her long-time love, Ashton and little Haisley Jo .. to all who loved this beautiful young lady. May time help heal all those broken hearts and may justice be swift and sure.

Rest in Peace, lovely Savanna

:rose: :rose: :rose:

It says Moorhead but I've seen conflicting reports as to whether or not they found her across state lines. Does it matter (death penalty wise) if they found it across state lines or would the murder crime have to have been committed across state lines in order to turn into a federal crime?
I may be wrong, but I don't think ND or MN have the death penalty. If they moved her across state lines, I believe it would then become a federal case and the death penalty would come into play.

I'm actually glad she was found by kayakers, no plea deals now!!

I may be wrong, but I don't think ND or MN have the death penalty. If they moved her across state lines, I believe it would then become a federal case and the death penalty would come into play.

Yes. But. Let's say the crime occurred in ND. And they just moved her to MN. Does that qualify since it happened in ND? I sure hope they do everything in their power to bring the DP onto the table. My heart aches for poor Savanna and her entire family.

Yes. But. Let's say the crime occurred in ND. And they just moved her to MN. Does that qualify since it happened in ND? I sure hope they do everything in their power to bring the DP onto the table. My heart aches for poor Savanna and her entire family.

In the WDAy report, they said her body was "hung up on a log." http://www.wday.com/news/4318480-body-missing-fargo-woman-savanna-lafontaine-greywind-found Which way does the river run through there, from ND to MN or MN to ND? Or does it run along the border? That may be important if they think Savanna's body was moved by the river to that location. Though if the abandoned house is a crime scene, Savanna may have been put in right there, and immediately caught on the log. I absolutely hate writing this.

Was it found wrapped in plastic? If so that's great news as there will be a ton of forensic evidence captured !!

Yes, and apparently there are suspicious items in the farmstead that's near where she was found so I'm guessing there is more evidence there. The police chief said he was going to disclose what those items were at the press conference tonight but since he postponed it, I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

I wonder what the unexpected circumstances were that caused him to postpone the news conference. He sounded so definite that he would hold it tonight.

In the WDAy report, they said her body was "hung up on a log." http://www.wday.com/news/4318480-body-missing-fargo-woman-savanna-lafontaine-greywind-found Which way does the river run through there, from ND to MN or MN to ND? Or does it run along the border? That may be important if they think Savanna's body was moved by the river to that location. Though if the abandoned house is a crime scene, Savanna may have been put in right there, and immediately caught on the log. I absolutely hate writing this.

The river divides the 2 states and flows north.

RIP dear Savanna!

We all expected this but we were holding on to a sliver of hope. Tremendously sad case.

My heart goes out to her family, her boyfriend Ash, and to little Haisley. Prayers and healing.

From what I learned here in other cases, because her body was found in MN it should become a federal case and the DP should apply. I don't know though if the river current pushing her over state lines would change that.

About 5:44 p.m. Sunday, the kayakers reported finding a body-sized object wrapped in plastic in the river, hung up on a log near the 90th Avenue Northwest bridge, Fargo Police Chief David Todd told reporters during an impromptu news conference about a quarter mile east of the river in far north Moorhead.

About the same time the kayakers made their discovery, a search party was searching a nearby farmstead, Todd said.

“There are some suspicious items in that farmstead that lead us to believe that that may be a crime scene,” Todd said.

Law enforcement pulled the body from the river about 8:20 p.m., and the body was identified as that of LaFontaine-Greywind about 9:20 p.m., the chief said.
http://www.inforum.com/news/4318480-body-missing-fargo-woman-savanna-lafontaine-greywind-found

BBM. I hope there is tons of evidence there to keep those two reprehensible suspects locked up.

I knew she couldn't be alive... but I wanted to believe she'd come home and be able to raise her baby girl. I want to know WHY?! Clearly this wasn't your run of the mill desperate for a child type of woman. As has already been addressed this was very different.

Yes, and apparently there are suspicious items in the farmstead that's near where she was found so I'm guessing there is more evidence there. The police chief said he was going to disclose what those items were at the press conference tonight but since he postponed it, I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

I wonder what the unexpected circumstances were that caused him to postpone the news conference. He sounded so definite that he would hold it tonight.

I certainly hope there hasn't been some other tragedy preventing his holding the press conference tonight. Ugh.

I knew she couldn't be alive... but I wanted to believe she'd come home and be able to raise her baby girl. I want to know WHY?! Clearly this wasn't your run of the mill desperate for a child type of woman. As has already been addressed this was very different.

I certainly hope there hasn't been some other tragedy preventing his holding the press conference tonight. Ugh.

bbm Me too! "Unexpected circumstances" sounds very ominous. What could it be?

Savanna
:rose:

You've been found. All we've been praying for.

I am wIth my Native American Lakotas tonight. We have had a big beautiful fire going for you all night with Carlos Nakai playing all night. Been sending you prayers. Still on, fire and music. Gratefully putting the atlas away. We have a scroll here from 1895...

We knew the disposal site was likely the river. ANy news on the secondary (crime scene)?

We will play music and burn the fire all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mzrowdy