Found Deceased ND - Savanna Lafontaine-Greywind, 22, pregnant, Fargo, 19 Aug 2017 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think that they need to look at storage rental facilities in the area. First to see if either of the perps have rented one in their name. If not, maybe (I don't know if this is legal) have the owners at least look in each cubicle, or at least take a walk around by each one or have cadaver dogs walk around them. I hate typing this, but if she is deceased there will be a bad odor by now. I don't think that they took that baby in the apartment. I still think they may have had a storage unit set up somewhere as a birthing place, or a place to C-section the baby. Unless there are others involved, and it was done at one of their houses.

Perhaps that is a LE decision. They know more than us. Safety comes first in regards to the baby's well being

Her emotional well being is part of her safety. Allowing her presumed father to see a photo of her has nothing to do with her safety. Neither does a supervise dvost. No one is asking social services to just give the baby to the guy. Come on. This is terrible.

Maybe they need to be sure its his child before they let him see the baby.

And what about her grandparents? Savanna's parents? This is bureaucratic nonsense and mediocrity at its best. This is what happens when we train critical thinking skills out of people and prevent them from being able to use their God-given common sense to make rational decisions that benefit everyone involved.

I thought the thread went too quiet ... just discovered it got closed without a link to thread 2.

I have been glued to the Hurricane Harvey thread, so will have to catch up here tonight, So glad you are all still here for Savanna. I take it there is nothing new yet.

Prayers for Savanna's family ... :tears:

The link was there, but not in the last post, so it was confusing :).

Her emotional well being is part of her safety. Allowing her presumed father to see a photo of her has nothing to do with he LE safety. Neither does a supervise dvost. No one is asking social services to just give the baby to the guy. Come on. This is terrible.

And what about her grandparents? Savanna's parents? This is bureaucratic nonsense and mediocrity at its best. This is what happens when we train critical thinking skills out of people and prevent them from being able to use their God-given common sense to make rational decisions that benefit everyone involved.

I'm as upset as you are that the baby hasn't been turned over to her family. This child already suffered a sudden and traumatic birth being torn from the womb of her mother imo. The first hours of life have been taken from family. These are very critical bonding days psychologically. Newborns absolutely know "their own". There's nothing negative to be gained from allowing her father to at the very least see a photo. It's nuts. Here again is a situation where our govt claims to be doing what is best for the child when they are clearly NOT. Our family court system is in desperate need of a rehaul.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since we are outsiders to this case, there might be more going on than we know. I dislike taking sides but the baby is the main priority and I need to trust LE. Jmo, the investigation is far from over. LE does not just ppl in protective custody unless there is an ultimate need for it. They could have called social services to obtain emergency custody but they didn't. LE acted first.

The child is not in protective custody to my knowledge. She's in the custody of CPS. And CPS isn't known for making the best decisions all the time where families are concerned.

Or, if God forbid, the dad had something to do with it. To be clear, I do NOT think that he did (I'd be shocked), but LE HAS to be extra careful here. Can you even imagine the outrage if they released the baby into the arms of the dad and he ended up being involved? I feel bad for the daddy....very bad....but I think they unfortunately have to be extra cautious here.

How is letting him see a photo "releasing him into the arms of the dad"? What about a supervised visit? Again, I have not seen one person suggest this baby be released to anyone until her identity is determined.

The baby is fine.The focus needs to be on finding poor Savanna and if she is deceased giving her a proper funeral that she deserves.

The baby is fine.The focus needs to be on finding poor Savanna and if she is deceased giving her a proper funeral that she deserves.

Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[h=1]Grim prospect of 'womb raiders' raised in case of missing Fargo woman[/h]
FARGO, N.D. — With the search for Savanna Greywind entering its second week, many here in the Red River Valley are coming to the horrifying realization that the pregnant 22-year-old may have been the victim of "womb raiders" who forcibly took her baby.

As searchers on Sunday continued to comb through head-high thickets of brush and thistles along the Red River, police brought in dogs specially trained to sniff out placentas.

In coffee shops, in hotels, in churches, the Greywind case and its shocking possibilities were the overwhelming topic of conversation.

"It's like a Lifetime movie,' " said Fargo resident Tammy Krause, shaking her head sadly.
"Nothing surprises me anymore," said Bill Larson of Moorhead, Minn. "She has to be dead. I'll be surprised if they find anything."
Throughout the weekend, buses and vans arrived with groups of American Indians from throughout the Dakotas and Minnesota. Three busloads came from the Turtle Mountain Reservation near the North Dakota-Canada border, where Greywind lived as a child.

"She was bright. She was into music and running around outside," said Sierra Demery, who babysat Greywind when the missing woman was about 9 years old. "Just the usual things for a kid that age."
Demery described Greywind's family as "close. They're nice. They have a really close relationship with their children."
Greywind's parents, Norberta LaFontaine-Greywind and Joe Greywind, have stayed in close contact with volunteers searching for their daughter. The couple appeared early Sunday morning at Trollwood Park along the riverfront, where search leaders have set up an informal command post to coordinate the efforts of hundreds of volunteers.
At the Greywind family's apartment building, the door to No. 5, the upstairs apartment where Greywind disappeared, is boarded up with a heavy sheet of plywood. Sawdust and wood chips litter the carpeted hallway.

"The cops came and knocked the door down," according to a resident of the building who said they were home when officers arrived on Thursday. "They shouted, 'Get down on the ground!' "

The resident said Greywind's disappearance has been frightening, and refused to give a full name, fearing the suspects might have friends who would seek to do harm.

"I am very — this is — wow. That's all I can say," the resident said.
http://www.startribune.com/grim-pro...sed-in-case-of-missing-fargo-woman/441918773/

What would the father or grand parents do at the moment if the newborn baby was handed over to them?

They are walking zombies, exhausted both physically and mentally. Where is the energy going to come from to care for a newborn 24/7? While I agree the baby needs to be with family, I can also see that no one in this family is mentally stable and strong enough to meet the demands of a newborn. At this moment!

This will all change once her body is recovered. The grief won't be any less than now, however, the uncertainty and not knowing where she is will be answered. The family can then turn their attention on caring for the baby.

It drives me crazy that two people sitting in jail know where Savanna is and they won't talk! This should add more years to their prison time. IMO! Thankfully we do have a live baby after ther horrendous entrance into this world.

They don't even know for 100% certainty that it is her baby. I'm not sure why you guys don't get that. It's highly likely to be hers but until there is proof the family has no right to her. And all of this about her emotional wellbeing... show her presumed dad a picture for her sake? Come on. I would argue that it is unfair to her emotional wellbeing to spend time with people who may not be her family, on the off chance she belongs to someone else and has the bonds she forms with this family severed. That'd just be trumatizing her further. Right?

Nothing will be hurt by waiting a few more days. Babies are born and separated from their parents for plenty of reasons and don't get to bond right away, or get most of their early days under the care of nurses, and they are fine. I do foster care for ages 0-2y and pick up babies from the hospital after they have been in the hospital nursery after being separated by CPS, or abandoned by the mom in one case. They have no trouble bonding with me, and they all seem bonded to their adoptive parents when they leave my home and go to them sometimes months later.

Question...If it turns out this isn't Savanna's baby will you guys still think CPS should have let the family bond with her?

How is letting him see a photo "releasing him into the arms of the dad"? What about a supervised visit? Again, I have not seen one person suggest this baby be released to anyone until her identity is determined.

How do we know that they haven't seen a picture of the baby, or from afar? I'm not sure why this is such a major issue for some. If the family is not up in arms about this, I'm not sure why posters here are.

There was a case of 26 bulldog puppies being found in a vehicle on a hot day in Bergen County NJ last week. They were taken by the animal shelter and are not letting anyone see them as they are apart of an active criminal investigation. I realize it's a bit different, but I don't think this will affect the long term health of the child. We're not talking about the baby girl being kept from her family from years. They're trying desperately to find her mother and will likely be released once DNA is confirmed within a couple weeks.

I'm sure given the circumstances that the baby is being given the proper love and affection she needs in her young first week of life.

It drives me crazy that two people sitting in jail know where Savanna is and they won't talk! This should add more years to their prison time. IMO! Thankfully we do have a live baby after ther horrendous entrance into this world.

I haven't taken the time to read through this whole thread so apologies if this was already mentioned, but if her body is found in Minnesota, it will become a federal case and the death penalty would become a factor. Even if they can somehow conclude that the suspects were in Minnesota after the disappearance, they could hang it over their head that if they don't cooperate, they could ask for the death penalty when the body is found. I smell a plea agreement in some shape or form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdogcatfish