ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
rsDOTpeoplebrowsrDOTcom works well too for pulling cached tweets. You need the @handle though. Hope someone here remembers the exact handle for JW

FOUND IT on my history its "ya boy Wenz". BUT it's "masterschwenz" is the actual name,it was there yesterday!

This isn't good. I'm having less confidence in a speedy arrest.

Someone killed him. Who that someone is remains a mystery, said Lt. Tory Jacobson of the Moorhead Police Department.

“At this time, we have no suspect information,” he said. “We do not know who’s responsible for this young man’s death.”

http://www.inforum.com/content/ndsu...-homicidal-violence-police-looking-shoe-phone

Thanks for the rs dot peoplebrowsr some interesting stuff here def. am sure now Masterschwenz is JW...if you're seeing the same tweets I am to him

This isn't good. I'm having less confidence in a speedy arrest.

Someone killed him. Who that someone is remains a mystery, said Lt. Tory Jacobson of the Moorhead Police Department.

“At this time, we have no suspect information,” he said. “We do not know who’s responsible for this young man’s death.”

http://www.inforum.com/content/ndsu...-homicidal-violence-police-looking-shoe-phone

Rocco based on your earlier posts you may know a bit more about this stuff than I do. Are they playing it safe here or do you all feel this right now is a cold case? Something tells me that they may not have asked for us to be on the lookout for his phone and shoe unless they needed our help a bit. Boy this did take a dark turn in the last 24 hours, but we were right more information was coming. Just not what I was hoping.

Rocco based on your earlier posts you may know a bit more about this stuff that I do. Are they playing it safe here or do you all feel this right now is a cold case? Something tells me that they may not have asked for us to be on the lookout for his phone and shoe unless they needed our help a bit. Boy this did take a dark turn in the last 24 hours, but we were right more information was coming. Just not what I was hoping.

No, I don' think it's a cold case but I was sure they had a person of interest in mind. I was so sure someone fessed up and told where they left him or they found information on other phones that pointed them in the direction of who did this. Maybe they're playing it cool in hopes of getting more information but if they're being completely truthful and they have no suspect information, that's troubling.

What looks like a high school or hometown friend of Toms' posted a very interesting tweet today, Idk if I'm allowed to link to it? It says "as bad as I wish I could blow this dudes head off with a shotgun I'd rather have him sit in a 6x8 cell and think EVERYDAY how worthles he is"

What looks like a high school or hometown friend of Toms' posted a very interesting tweet today, Idk if I'm allowed to link to it? It says "as bad as I wish I could blow this dudes head off with a shotgun I'd rather have him sit in a 6x8 cell and think EVERYDAY how worthles he is"
Yeah I saw that tweet. Sounds like he is aware of a certain suspect.

Police said AFTER they found the body they had no reason to believe foul play was involved, and didn't think the public was at risk. Then they come back with homicide. They still haven't said they believe the public is at risk. So I really wouldn't think it means anything by them saying they don't have a suspect, they could be saying that on purpose, hopefully will know more soon.

I agree east2west. It had a lot of retweets and favours too like people knew who he was referring to.

Follow the tweets...this is going to get messy ugly pretty quick. jmho

Police said AFTER they found the body they had no reason to believe foul play was involved, and didn't think the public was at risk. Then they come back with homicide. They still haven't said they believe the public is at risk. So I really wouldn't think it means anything by them saying they don't have a suspect, they could be saying that on purpose, hopefully will know more soon.

When I read the two statements, I thought that perhaps the body didn't show traumatic evidence of homicide until the coroner found evidence. Has anyone read how he died?

When I read the two statements, I thought that perhaps the body didn't show traumatic evidence of homicide until the coroner found evidence. Has anyone read how he died?

No info on how he passed. It may have been an accident or a fight seems to possibly be a good indicator. There's so many unanswered questions here. If you ask me though like others have pointed to this wasn't a well thought out plan. My thoughts lead to an unplanned death and they dumped the body.

I heard a story years ago about a bouncer who had punched a guy who was in a fight at the bar and it killed the guy. The fact that they didn't let any of us know this until he was brought into an autopsy possibly indicates there wasn't obvious signs of trauma as far as we were informed by the pd.

Any of you sleuthers know if a quick death (sad) would lead to posthumous visible bruising?

THURSDAY 10 PM UPDATE

Homicide might have been something investigators were considering all along, and the autopsy results simply confirmed their suspicions.
The autopsy says that 18 year old Thomas Bearson died as a result of homicidal violence, meaning various types of wounds and a variety of injuries.

http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/26624807/bearson-death-confirmed-as-homicide

So the statement that they had no reason to believe foul play was involved was not true. I'm guessing the statement about they have no suspect/suspects in mind isn't true either.

Can anyone think of any other case we've covered on WS where someone texted that they were lost and asking for help (or that being the jist of it) and then were either seen, spoken to, etc. and were ok (and seeming to be out of whatever degree of 'lost' state they were in when they sent the text) only to then REALLY vanish after that and then to wind up dead in some form of homicide?

I can't.

But this is actually quite likely the second in a week's time span (HG - Sept 13; TB - Sept 20)

• Hannah Graham also had been out and drinking and both with others and also alone.
  • She also texted a friend and said she was lost and asked for help.
  • With her also there have been questions if they truly meant 'lost' or if the 'lost' text was a joke, an autocorrect type error, a draft text that was sent late somehow, or if someone involved sent it instead.
  • But then she also seemed to get 'unlost' and was seen or heard from and was ok(ish).
  • And then she also vanished.

And while she's not been found so it's not definitive, someone's been arrested for abduction and intent to defile, and many indications are pointing to LE being awfully sure she's not alive and it not being an accident (or not in the sense that'd be like her slipping into a river)

Obviously they're not related, but for something I don't recall seeing in a case on WS prior to this, it's just so bizarre to me that now it's looking like it's happened twice in 7 days. :thinking:

LE does not appear to have retracted the statement that there is no threat to the general public. Does this mean they believe the murderer is connected to ND? Or, is LE behind the times in this statement? If I lived in either Fargo or Moorhead, I would be a bit concerned.

Searching Tommy's own Twitter handle through Peoplebrowsr generates some interesting stuff as well, one tweet from someone even saying that it's obvious whoever sent that one tweet from his account was obviously trying to cover it up...

It also found his girlfriend's Twitter account, though I'm not sure if it's a great idea to post the handle here. The Grand Forks Herald is following her account also, so someone there obviously went through his account and found tweets to/about her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crankymomma