ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no! This is so sad. I don't know why this surprises me so much. I guess because I really thought this would be an overdose. This article makes me think he was killed somewhere else and his body transported there in a car. His shoe could have came off in the car. I am confident this will be solved quickly. I have some suspicions which I will need to keep to myself for now. RIP Tom.

Hmmm---I wonder if his cell phone pinged near the river (if it did) because at some point he was at the river. Maybe whatever happened to him happened there and his phone and shoe are in the river. Then he was transported to the RV site. I agree with you that this is going to be solved quickly. Who ever owns a phone that was pinging in the area of that RV site in those early morning hours is going to have some explaining to do. I'm guessing those same phones or phone may have pinged near the river that night too.

Hmmm---I wonder if his cell phone pinged near the river (if it did) because at some point he was at the river. Maybe whatever happened to him happened there and his phone and shoe are in the river. Then he was transported to the RV site. I agree with you that this is going to be solved quickly. Who ever owns a phone that was pinging in the area of that RV site in those early morning hours is going to have some explaining to do. I'm guessing those same phones or phone may have pinged near the river that night too.

Well now...this all has my aged brain working a little over time. The comforting thing here is that LE obviously knows way more than they are letting on and they seem to be covering all the bases that I was looking at. (So I can relax a little).

Well, it certainly does bring us back to 2005 now doesn't it.

Exactly...

There is also the chance that the cross-state nature of this case could land the offender in federal court. If that happens, this could become the first death penalty case in the area since the Dru Sjodin case.

Rocco, LE confirmed it was Tom's shoe and Tom's cell phone that is missing. So this again just begs the question...they have stated that they were working off cell phone transmissions causing them to search the Moorhead area. Am I recalling this correctly? Hmmmm.... Oh this is a big hmmmm... Homicidal violence.

Wow. I'd get a team with as many dogs as I could find and go back and find that shoe. And sniff a few cars. And watch for some nervous people when I did it. Someone is VERY nervous right about now. Holding tight thinking if they just don't sweat, don't say a word and act casual they are going to get away with this.

Where's his phone.

I'd get a white shoe like that and some dogs and go through past a few select classrooms and observe behaviors is what I'd do.

That's also got to be why they were looking at the site from an elevated view point. Thinking that someone placed him there after the fact and tossed the phone and it might be on the roof of one of the RV's. MHOO.

Whoever did this isn't experienced enough to hold the line. They might think they are but not under pressure. The area of last known sighting and the area found say a lot about this...those of you who know me know I'm a huge fan of geographic profiling.

Where's the shoe.

Who on here knows a lot about Apple phones? If the phone is dead can it still ping? Some of these phones have anti theft tracking..

Just a hunch here but I think there will be an anonymous tip that will come forward now & explain what happened!
And why do I think there's a girl involved?

All moo.....

Sorry, what happened in 2005?

Patrick Kycia's death. His shoe was also missing and found in the Red River. In numerology 2005=7 and 2014=7. I'll bet the shoe will be found in the river or on the river bank.

Rocco, LE confirmed it was Tom's shoe and Tom's cell phone that is missing. So this again just begs the question...they have stated that they were working off cell phone transmissions causing them to search the Moorhead area. Am I recalling this correctly? Hmmmm.... Oh this is a big hmmmm... Homicidal violence.

Wow. I'd get a team with as many dogs as I could find and go back and find that shoe. And sniff a few cars. And watch for some nervous people when I did it. Someone is VERY nervous right about now. Holding tight thinking if they just don't sweat, don't say a word and act casual they are going to get away with this.

Where's his phone.

I'd get a white shoe like that and some dogs and go through past a few select classrooms and observe behaviors is what I'd do.

That's also got to be why they were looking at the site from an elevated view point. Thinking that someone placed him there after the fact and tossed the phone and it might be on the roof of one of the RV's. MHOO.

Yes, they were working off of cell phone transmissions but whose cell phone transmissions? Tom's or the known people he was with that evening? And it only took them 20 minutes to find him once they zeroed in on that location. It takes me 20 minutes to find my shoes in the morning. I think LE knew they were going to find him at the RV site but how did they know? I think it's probable someone told them or they got the information they needed from the cell phones of the people they found out he was with that night.

Why is this sad?

Sad because both states have laws in place where no one will get in trouble if someone is brought to a hospital in a 'black out' drug induced state. Turns out it can't have been a situation where young kids were panicking in that sort of situation tho.

So sad :(. My money is on the tweet guy. I think those boys know what happened and I think the cops know they know. Jmo this will be solved sooner than later. RIP Tommy, you were well-loved.

Yes, they were working off of cell phone transmissions but whose cell phone transmissions? Tom's or the known people he was with that evening? And it only took them 20 minutes to find him once they zeroed in on that location. It takes me 20 minutes to find my shoes in the morning. I think LE knew they were going to find him at the RV site but how did they know? I think it's probable someone told them or they got the information they needed from the cell phones of the people they found out he was with that night.

(BBM)...this one is gnawing at me. If the shoe came off when they were putting him at the RV place, they/he/she would have just tossed the shoe on in there with him. Tells me this wasn't planned, and the drop was in a big hurry.

The shoe then is? 1). Where he was last walking? 2). Where he was picked up? 3). Where there was a physical confrontation?

I know of another high profile case from north of that area and the entire search was centered around the location of a shoe found in the river. That individual was found on dry land in a completely different location.

So sad :(. My money is on the tweet guy. I think those boys know what happened and I think the cops know they know. Jmo this will be solved sooner than later. RIP Tommy, you were well-loved.

Which tweet guy are you talking about? Also why are you feeling drawn to this conclusion?

(BBM)...this one is gnawing at me. If the shoe came off when they were putting him at the RV place, they/he/she would have just tossed the shoe on in there with him. Tells me this wasn't planned, and the drop was in a big hurry.

The shoe then is? 1). Where he was last walking? 2). Where he was picked up? 3). Where there was a physical confrontation?

I know of another high profile case from north of that area and the entire search was centered around the location of a shoe found in the river. That individual was found on dry land in a completely different location.

My guess is #3---where there was a physical confrontation. If it's in the river, would it float (since it's a Nike Air?) Or......it could have come off in the car and upon discovery, it was tossed out somewhere.

Sad because both states have laws in place where no one will get in trouble if someone is brought to a hospital in a 'black out' drug induced state. Turns out it can't have been a situation where young kids were panicking in that sort of situation tho.

Long ago and far away I was working and working with a woman who received a phone call from her son's friends. They were partying, one of the kids there had passed out and was, "Breathing funny" what should we do? they asked. She was telling them to have him sit up or try laying him on his side blah, blah, blah. They were scared they would get into trouble.

I dialed 911 and sent an ambulance. Turns out the kid was suicidal and had overdosed. My belief is that he would have died had they left him.

For this reason I applaud these laws. Saving a life is far more important than punishing someone for drinking too much.

Also for this reason and several other stories I have from my colorful life, I agree with Rocco's hunch that this may indeed be what happened here. Now that it's been ruled a a homicide we'll have to wait and see.

Long ago and far away I was working and working with a woman who received a phone call from her son's friends. They were partying, one of the kids there had passed out and was, "Breathing funny" what should we do? they asked. She was telling them to have him sit up or try laying him on his side blah, blah, blah. They were scared they would get into trouble.

I dialed 911 and sent an ambulance. Turns out the kid was suicidal and had overdosed. My belief is that he would have died had they left him.

For this reason I applaud these laws. Saving a life is far more important than punishing someone for drinking too much.

Also for this reason and several other stories I have from my colorful life, I agree with Rocco's hunch that this may indeed be what happened here. Now that it's been ruled a a homicide we'll have to wait and see.

But it is being called a homicide with violence. What exactly does that mean? Aren't all homicides violent?

My guess is #3---where there was a physical confrontation. If it's in the river, would it float (since it's a Nike Air?) Or......it could have come off in the car and upon discovery, it was tossed out somewhere.

Exactly. This is a wild card here. Was it discovered upon leaving the scene and tossed out the window? Was it discovered once home and tossed in the trash bin? The police would do themselves a big favor by going through some of those college dumpsters.

What I'm hoping is that the shoe came off in a scuffle and no one noticed and it's still laying out there like HOT BAIT. Wouldn't hurt to have a few patrol cars out there not only looking for the shoe but looking for someone else looking for the shoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase