ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The key to that issue is proving if he was alive or not when he went from ND to MN. It will change the charges and the penalty phase.

And also if he went to Moorhead voluntarily or was kidnapped and taken to Moorhead.

And also if he went to Moorhead voluntarily or was kidnapped and taken to Moorhead.

I think since he was found dead, it does not matter.

He was not going voluntarily to his death

I think since he was found dead, it does not matter.

He was not going voluntarily to his death

It does matter. If he voluntarily went to Moorhead with some people and was killed there, it doesn't matter if he was from Fargo. That was the basis of the FBI getting involved in the Dru Sjodin case. It didn't matter if she was killed in ND or MN, the fact was she did not voluntarily go from ND to MN---she was kidnapped. If TB was killed in ND and transported to MN, that would also be cause for the FBI to become involved.

Occam's razor and geographic profiling are like diamonds and pearls to me. In all the reading I've done over the years it is my expert opinion that we can tell more about the crime from the behavior than from trying to think like the criminal.

In reality, behavior shows the thinking.

My opinion is that more than the tweets, It will be the location last seen, time and activity and then ultimately where he was found, will lead LE to who is responsible.

While we wait for more answers, here's a link to some information:

https://www.ncjrs.gov/html/nij/mapping/ch6_1.html

He crossed state lines. That is what I said re the FBI getting involved.

I was wondering what the FBI reports are?

Does ND have the death penalty? MN does not, of course.

It does matter. If he voluntarily went to Moorhead with some people and was killed there, it doesn't matter if he was from Fargo. That was the basis of the FBI getting involved in the Dru Sjodin case. It didn't matter if she was killed in ND or MN, the fact was she did not voluntarily go from ND to MN---she was kidnapped. If TB was killed in ND and transported to MN, that would also be cause for the FBI to become involved.

Excellent.

Occam's razor and geographic profiling are like diamonds and pearls to me. In all the reading I've done over the years it is my expert opinion that we can tell more about the crime from the behavior than from trying to think like the criminal.

In reality, behavior shows the thinking.

My opinion is that more than the tweets, the location last seen, time and activity and then ultimately where he was found, will lead LE to who is responsible.

While we wait for more answers, here's a link to some information:

https://www.ncjrs.gov/html/nij/mapping/ch6_1.html

How does Israel Keyes or even Ted Bundy fit into this?

This ends up a very clear legal matter. The problem is that the one witness we need to testify, is unfortunately dead.

As we sit here this evening, we the general public have no way of knowing if TB voluntarily went across state lines. Nor do we know if he was alive when he did it.

There are several scenarios that will determine how this is charged. It will depend on what the FBI can prove or what the people/person responsible for this confesses to.

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/nd/fargo/crime/

Strange that Fargo has more crime than the rest of the state.

Any locals care to comment on which neighborhoods are the most crime ridden on there?

I am so surprised by this

They had a great news story about this a few months ago but you wouldn't be able to see it now without paying. The Romkey neighborhood in Moorhead is known to be bad, and then an area in south Fargo near Aggasiz middle school, near Jefferson elementary school a little rougher area, and downtown Fargo generally. This is relative though because there are no areas that are "bad" or really unsafe, I'd feel perfectly comfortable walking at night through any Fargo neighborhood, downtown I might not want to but cameras are everywhere and very very unlikely anything would happen. You're not likely to get mugged anywhere, more likely to hook up w the wrong drunk people and get in a fight or something. That Moorhead area I would be more nervous about than anyplace but wouldn't think twice about going there during the day.

How does Israel Keyes or even Ted Bundy fit into this?

My blood sugar is a little low, so I'm not so quick thinking tonight...I'm missing what the point of your post is. Can you clarify?

No, ND does not have the death penalty. That's why AR was tried on the Federal level and not in Mn or ND courts. Just so he could be handed the death penalty by the Feds.

They had a great news story about this a few months ago but you wouldn't be able to see it now without paying. The Romkey neighborhood in Moorhead is known to be bad, and then an area in south Fargo near Aggasiz middle school, near Jefferson elementary school a little rougher area, and downtown Fargo generally. This is relative though because there are no areas that are "bad" or really unsafe, I'd feel perfectly comfortable walking at night through any Fargo neighborhood, downtown I might not want to but cameras are everywhere and very very unlikely anything would happen. You're not likely to get mugged anywhere, more likely to hook up w the wrong drunk people and get in a fight or something. That Moorhead area I would be more nervous about than anyplace but wouldn't think twice about going there during the day.

I tell ya what it's just not safe anywhere!

Do you remember when OJ Simpson's ex-girlfriend showed up at the mall and tried to rob a woman?

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/03/05/oj-simpson-ex-girlfriend-sentenced-for-nd-robbery/

Although the neighborhoods I described are rougher, you still don't think about running into trouble or getting mugged. Like I said a part of Moorhead or downtown Fargo is the only places I could really envision that happening at all, I wouldn't worry about it anyway. ND has traditionally had the lowest violent crime rate in the US, I'm guessing that times are going to be changing on that, but still very safe.

We are used to thinking of Fargo as very safe. "Fargo ranked as the 12th safest city among 369 cities in the country, according to a report by an independent research company, Morgan Quitno Press (November 2005)." says the City of Fargo webpage "About our Area" page http://www.cityoffargo.com/CityInfo/Departments/Police/EmploymentOpportunities/AboutOurArea/

Also, our police here have been REALLY impressive when these people passing through the past few years have been committing crimes. For ex., I remember one woman getting her purse stolen walking out of a store in south Fargo, and the police literally arrested the perpetrators an hour later in the Target parking lot about to leave because they had traced one of the stolen credit cards in the purse to a purchase that was JUST made in Target. Lots of little things like that, the police in my opinion seem to have REALLY been on the ball and they are not getting away with this type of crime, which is encouraging.

How do you think men get to these man camps? They come through our areas, commit crimes in our areas and some get stuck in our areas because they run out of money/gas and have to hustle or live homeless in the area they are stuck in, i.e. Fargo, Rapid City, Billings.

Until there is word from investigators/legal channels, this may well be Rashomon: Fargo style.

I agree. Time to get back to Occum's Razor--- The simplest explanation is usually the right one. This case probably has nothing to do with the oil fields which are 340 miles away no more than it has to do with problems in Minneapolis which is only 250 miles away. It has to do with what went on that night at the party in Fargo and the people TB associated with that night----either voluntarily or not, and perhaps people he associated with in Fargo/Moorhead on previous party weekends.

I tell ya what it's just not safe anywhere!

Do you remember when OJ Simpson's ex-girlfriend showed up at the mall and tried to rob a woman?

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/03/05/oj-simpson-ex-girlfriend-sentenced-for-nd-robbery/

OH yeah! I do remember that! And just very recently a 15 year old actually tried to kidnap an older woman from the West Acres mall parking lot...strange. I guess they did catch the person, but that is the kind of thing that seems like is happening more and more the past few years.

You have your opinion and I have mine, but thanks for sharing yours anyway. I do know that in the fields themselves there are armed guards and fencing around the sites. Wonder why? Friends of ours who work there talk about the conditions, of churches allowing people to sleep on their property because they have no where to go. Just yesterday a friend was telling me about her minister, through his prison ministry, going to visit workers who are now in prison for crimes committed. One of those he visits is Sherry Arnolds' accused murderer.

The crime statistics in our area, The Black Hills, shows the influx of those traveling through. Where you live, people panhandling at the Wal-Mart entrance may be an everyday, expected occurrence. Not so here. Our local discussions have been about feeding people who are hungry and the municipalities in this area have helped people with gas to continue traveling. Those who commit crimes are still in the jails awaiting trial.

At this time it is not known, by gen pop, who murdered T B. Was it someone he knew or was it a chance encounter with a transient? TBD

I know what Woodward, Oklahoma was like during their oil boom, I have family that still lives there. I see the difference between how Woodward was and Williston is now. Vast difference.

(BBM) I understand what you are trying to say here, however do not lump all the people who go to work in the oil area into a crime committing group. You are wrong to do so.

We have many, many people from our area, both male and female who are out there absolutely busting their butts every single day, working HARD labor to make a living.

With any large influx of people there will be an increase in crime. Doesn't matter what the venue. To continue to say, 'they' come into 'OUR' area and commit crimes, is to accuse a whole group of people who you don't even know.

On this very thread someone has mentioned they live in a college town that was flooded with college kids recently for a football game and the crime rate went up accordingly. (not from oil workers but from college students).

There are good and bad in every group.

Where's JW? Has LE stated they have spoken to him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karmalicious478