ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is why you check YikYak NDSU, NDSUfessions and other places, a more rounded picture. NDSU Passouts is another one to check.

Liquor has the highest amount of issues.

Otherwise, the report looks like there is not much going on there.

Sure is a difference between those campus reports and what is going on in the city.

Hm

Which is why you check YikYak NDSU, NDSUfessions and other places, a more rounded picture. NDSU Passouts is another one to check.

I know a lot about the man camps because the Native people where I live have huge concerns because of what is happening to Native women.

These man camps are filled with violence and drugs. There is no way when these guys get time off that they are not going to Fargo for recreation.

Here is an idea from a nd citizen
Fights in nd on young people happen almost alwau
Ys

My guess is tom got into it with a group of guys and his friends bolted

I have seen so many guys get jumped in nd its astounding

The dropping off in a rv park is nothing of a drug or gang thing more or less drunk kids doing something they saw on the internet

Fargo metro is not that small its around 300 000 and it has many
areas in north fargo thar arrent the safest

I agree there are a lot of drunk fights, I just cant get over the last couple text messages from his account. Do you think the text ahead of time was a coincidence? Or they were drunk earlier in the evening and had a fight sometime between the tme Tom said he was bored on twitter and the text that JW claims to have written on Toms account? Or something else?

Fargo metro is Fargo, West Fargo, Moorhead traditionally. It is 230,000 people it's estimated if you include the college students. I am an NDSU alum and live in the area. I agree there are drunk fights, so it definitely is plausible, but I need something else to explain that last text, ESP I light of Tom earlier saying he was bored on a Fri night.

I have never felt unsafe in any area of town, but word is that there is a rough part of Moorhead that in the 90s the police really came down hard preventing the gangs from Minneapolis and Chicago from coming in. So the only place I would have honestly thought twice about here is Moorhead but only in the middle of the night. An area of south Fargo has the most crime in the city of Fargo, though overall North Fargo is going to have more crime just not as concentrated as this certain area of south Fargo, but it's not gangs it's more domestic violence etc. I am taking this info from being a resident for a long time and knowing what the word is among residents and also the reports I've read in the paper in recent years about where violence and crime is in the city. Even though we are literally hundreds of miles from oil, it sure seems like we have had a lot of riff raff come in looking for jobs causing problems and small crime. I have read the articles in the paper about increased gang activity but i havent seen it firsthand. Any other resident of the FM area that has another view would be happy to hear it.

For the record I am editing this post and added that second paragraph after the first 2 people already liked the post. I meant to add something quick and got out of hand lol.

The article I posted stated that LE has had interaction with 93 gangs. That is a crazy amount for a place of low population.

You are right! I missed that in the article, that's what I get for skimming quickly. I'm sure it has something to do with all the activity in the oil field. Sad.

Human trafficking is a big problem in SD/ND because of them. There is a working girl, and I use that term loosely, in Belle Fourche, SD, a man in 60s with implants and fugly. There is a market for everything and the potential for anything when there is drugs/alcohol/$$$$/testosterone.

I know a lot about the man camps because the Native people where I live have huge concerns because of what is happening to Native women.

These man camps are filled with violence and drugs. There is no way when these guys get time off that they are not going to Fargo for recreation.

Have there been any appeals to the public for video info?

Or perhaps they have all they need from traffic and business cams and do not need anything from the public

If the newspaper called the manager of menards, would he say either way whether the police had asked for the cameras I wonder? I'm guessing the police have, they are good here in my opinion but it would still be nice to know, they don't have unlimited resources and I don't know how manyresources they have, thou I am confident they are doing their best.

In other cases I have followed on here, LE has appealed to the public for any videos they may have.

It is very interesting then, that they have not made this appeal.

To me, this says that they have all of the video they need. They do not need video from the public.

Since he crossed state lines, isn't that a crime the FBI would be involved in then?

Any news on that?

I still feel the cameras tell the tale. That is a long way to drive and there have to be tons of cameras along the way.

I should add that if I was a local trying to make it look like someone could easily get lost and subsequently mugged in the area, I would in fact hve to fabricate something to make it look like someone could easily get lost in such a small area, and they'd DEFINITELY get mugged in Moorhead as opposite to any part of Fargo or West Fargo. That could be totally coincidental, but I'm just saying if I was planning a crime and going to try to make it look like a wandering lost drunk person who got mugged, that's what I'd do. Actually on second thought no I wouldn't because I wouldn't want the FBI involved, but I can't see the mugging thing believable anyplace other than Moorhead or downtown Fargo, and downtown Fargo is absolutely full with cameras wayy more than that area of Moorhead (which may or may not have any cameras facing that direction).

Also, if Larry's RV has no cameras (it is owned by an elderly couple who is about to sell it to someone else, don't think the sale has gone through yet anyway) then I wouldn't guarantee the BACK of menards has cameras, and if it does they would reach that far. It could be an area where people had been doing drug deals, I don't know.

I should add that if I was a local trying to make it look like someone could easily get lost and subsequently mugged in the area, I would in fact hve to fabricate something to make it look like someone could easily get lost in such a small area, and they'd DEFINITELY get mugged in Moorhead as opposite to any part of Fargo or West Fargo. That could be totally coincidental, but I'm just saying if I was planning a crime and going to try to make it look like a wandering lost drunk person who got mugged, that's what I'd do. Actually on second thought no I wouldn't because I wouldn't want the FBI involved, but I can't see the mugging thing believable anyplace other than Moorhead or downtown Fargo, and downtown Fargo is absolutely full with cameras wayy more than that area of Moorhead (which may or may not have any cameras facing that direction).

Also, if Larry's RV has no cameras (it is owned by an elderly couple who is about to sell it to someone else, don't think the sale has gone through yet anyway) then I wouldn't guarantee the BACK of menards has cameras, and if it does they would reach that far. It could be an area where people had been doing drug deals, I don't know.

The RV site sounds like an ideal place to do drug deals. It's kind of secluded and I read somewhere on this thead that the RVs aren't locked. I'm wondering if LE is aware of this area possibly being a site known for 'activities' in the past and that's one of the reasons they checked there.

I'm not getting the connection to the oil fields in the Western part of the state and Fargo, which is in the Eastern part of the state. North Dakota is 340 miles wide. I don't know of any man camps in the Eastern part of the state or why there would be any.

I'm not getting the connection to the oil fields in the Western part of the state and Fargo, which is in the Eastern part of the state. North Dakota is 340 miles wide. I don't know of any man camps in the Eastern part of the state or why there would be any.

No, there are no man camps there. The man camps are filled with transients.

Where do you think they go when they get time off? Do you think they hang around the man camp, or do you think they may head to Fargo for a change of scene and?????

I agree. Just yesterday or the day before, one of the local tv stations aired a segment interviewing a woman that lived just a few doors down. The poor woman was scared out of her mind. It seems like when there isn't much to report, they have to put together something to keep the interest flowing. Everyone should be aware of their surroundings.

You are statistically more likely to succumb to homicidal violence from someone you know.

You are far more likely to succumb to any number of diseases or car accidents than this type of thing. Random, stranger homicidal violence is actually fairly rare.

I agree. Time to get back to Occum's Razor--- The simplest explanation is usually the right one. This case probably has nothing to do with the oil fields which are 340 miles away no more than it has to do with problems in Minneapolis which is only 250 miles away. It has to do with what went on that night at the party in Fargo and the people TB associated with that night----either voluntarily or not, and perhaps people he associated with in Fargo/Moorhead on previous party weekends.

Here is some info re man camps and pics.

I don't think Minneapolis has hundreds of guys living in man camps, does it?

Why has Fargo LE had incidences with 93 gangs? What city has that? Crazy.

The guys in man camps have money and work 14 days on and 14 days off.

Some guys where I live drive the 600 some miles to come home and be with their families.

Where do the other ones go?

http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured/2014/05/06/oil-booms-man-camps-life-north-dakota/6935/

Where do you think they go when they get time off? Do you think they hang around the man camp, or do you think they may head to Fargo for a change of scene and?????

I kind of doubt the people in the oil fields come here for entertainment, I havent heard of that, but wouldn't rule it out. However, it seems since this oil thing started we have had a lot more trouble w crime in Fargo that is committed by people who are passing through. People from the outside come here looking for jobs in oil, and then realize Fargo is hundreds of miles from oil, and some stay and get jobs in Fargo. I have even seen a news story about this phenomenon profiling someone (who certainly didnt seem like a criminal by any means). But there is a criminal element that seems to be coming through Fargo that wasn't here before, even just passing through, that was not here before the oil. A lot more transients, criminals/people who need a second chance looking for a new start (which is fine w me if it doesn't increase crime), people looking to start criminal enterprises in ND etc. News stories about outsiders doing crazy things like stealing someone's purse as they are walking out of a store, stuff that never happened before oil even though we are nowhere near it we do feel the effects in my opinion and they are not good effects.

I should also add that I have heard of locals from the western part of the state who are basically being kicked out of their homes are coming to Fargo, and I know of at least one smaller town in ND that has set up kind of a charity refuge for elderly that are getting kicked out of their homes in western ND they had lived in for decades, which is sad.

I would think they would head to Bismarck which is a lot closer or maybe Billings Montana which is also closer. Not sure why Fargo would be a big draw. But---it's possible I guess. Just my opinion that this has everything to do with people TB associated with that night but you never know.

We have the same crime problem here in the Spearfish, SD area. The 2 men from the fields in Williston who murdered Sherry Arnold came to the town after and bought bus tickets out of the area. This is how the FBI was able to track them down. We also have a lot of transients, sometimes families, that run out of money/gas and end up in the Wal-Mart parking lot here; we have bought food several times for families/people standing at the entrance with signs.

Williston and the surrounding area, with its influx of workers, has had an impact even here and we are 300 miles away.

I kind of doubt the people in the oil fields come here for entertainment, I havent heard of that, but wouldn't rule it out. However, it seems since this oil thing started we have had a lot more trouble w crime in Fargo that is committed by people who are passing through. People from the outside come here looking for jobs in oil, and then realize Fargo is hundreds of miles from oil, and some stay and get jobs in Fargo. I have even seen a news story about this phenomenon profiling someone (who certainly didnt seem like a criminal by any means). But there is a criminal element that seems to be coming through Fargo that wasn't here before, even just passing through, that was not here before the oil. A lot more transients, criminals/people who need a second chance looking for a new start (which is fine w me if it doesn't increase crime), people looking to start criminal enterprises in ND etc. News stories about outsiders doing crazy things like stealing someone's purse as they are walking out of a store, stuff that never happened before oil even though we are nowhere near it we do feel the effects in my opinion and they are not good effects.

I should also add that I have heard of locals from the western part of the state who are basically being kicked out of their homes are coming to Fargo, and I know of at least one smaller town in ND that has set up kind of a charity refuge for elderly that are getting kicked out of their homes in western ND they had lived in for decades, which is sad.

Since he crossed state lines, isn't that a crime the FBI would be involved in then?

Any news on that?

I still feel the cameras tell the tale. That is a long way to drive and there have to be tons of cameras along the way.

The key to that issue is proving if he was alive or not when he went from ND to MN. It will change the charges and the penalty phase.

I agree. Time to get back to Occum's Razor--- The simplest explanation is usually the right one. This case probably has nothing to do with the oil fields which are 340 miles away no more than it has to do with problems in Minneapolis which is only 250 miles away. It has to do with what went on that night at the party in Fargo and the people TB associated with that night----either voluntarily or not, and perhaps people he associated with in Fargo/Moorhead on previous party weekends.

Oh! I just read this post. You are indeed very smart. So impressed with you today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes