ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad to see a thread up for Tom. I must say he is a very attractive fella. I don't have a good feeling about this case though :(
I'm not familiar with "the river" talk that you have all mentioned - What is this about? Also, is this far from Collin Gillis? I'm an Aussie so don't mind me :blushing: TIA :)

Dear FT: Hello from America! The information on the river drownings is vast. There is way too much information to post here and it would all be off topic.
The best thing to do is to google it. Google, "Drowning In Coincidence" by Vance Holmes, or "Footprints to the River's Edge".

Minnesota has had a very high number of young men go missing only to be found in the river.

These all share some similarities. Including groupings during different months of the year, time of the day they go missing, college aged males who leave a party during the early morning hours AND most outstanding is that friends and relatives repeatedly state, "This is OUT OF CHARACTER FOR HIM."

I could go on at length about this but I'm not sure it would help find Tom.

I'd like a dollar for every case I've followed where the police have stated, "There is no evidence she was kidnapped, there is nothing at this point to indicate she was murdered, there is no indication that the child was abducted."

I realize LE is operating under guidelines but I think they need to review that whole policy.

There is no evidence to connect him TO the river and there is no evidence to NOT connect him to the river.

Anyone that has known me on here for longer than a day, knows that I operate under the following. It never serves me wrong:

Occam's razor is a problemsolving principle, by William of Ockham.

It states that among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be chosen. Other, more complicated solutions may in the end prove correct, however: in the absence of certainty, the fewer assumptions that are made, the better.

As this situation stands with Tom still being missing? I would say Occam's razor fits perfectly.

Some visual aids to get the lay of the land:

The red line is the route between Tom's last seen location and his dorm at NDSU, nearly a mile by my reckoning. The blue line is the river.

Screenshot2014-09-23at114910AM_zps86c079fc.png

Blue line is the length of the river searched, per article linked above. This was apparently a surface search only, not likely to detect a submerged body. Need to get some side-scan sonar in there pretty soon.

Screenshot2014-09-23at114339AM_zps2686c7a2.png

Some visual aids to get the lay of the land:

The red line is the route between Tom's last seen location and his dorm at NDSU, nearly a mile by my reckoning. The blue line is the river.

Screenshot2014-09-23at114910AM_zps86c079fc.png

Blue line is the length of the river searched, per article linked above. This was apparently a surface search only, not likely to detect a submerged body. Need to get some side-scan sonar in there pretty soon.

Screenshot2014-09-23at114339AM_zps2686c7a2.png

I am confused... Is the last seen location of Tom, CM's place? Where he went with JW?

Or was Tom seen somewhere else after he left CM's place?

I am confused... Is the last seen location of Tom, CM's place? Where he went with JW?

Or was Tom seen somewhere else after he left CM's place?

The address I used is the 800 block of 14th Street North, reported as Tom's last seen address by Fargo PD Lt Vettel in the Park Rapids Enterprise article linked above. He did not specify who lives there.

ETA: Reading further in the article:

http://www.parkrapidsenterprise.com/content/methodical-search-expanded-missing-ndsu-student-0

Mead said after Wenzel and Bearson arrived at his house in north Fargo, they “hung out for a while” before Bearson left between 3:40 and 4 a.m. That was the last time Mead saw Bearson before he heard that he was missing Saturday afternoon, he said.

Putting two and two together, it certainly does sound like Mead lives at 14th Street North address.

oh no. A body found Moorhead, MN fitting his description.

Well, at least they found him. R.I.P. and blessings to his family and friends. Very sad.

He said that they were searching an area specific in Moorhead due to information they had received. This wasn't an accidental find, it was searchers who found him.

The good news here is that they searched in Moorhead based on information they had. Going just from that, my guess is that it won't be long and they will have an arrest.

Also it won't be long and the location will easily be known. LE won't be able to conceal where they are at in that small community. This just breaks my heart.

RIP Tom... Such a tragic loss of a young beautiful life. May you shoot hoops on the other side.

This is even better news because you can bet Larry's RV has surveillance cameras.

Where did you get this information?

WOW! Never mind, I see the link to KFGO. Did I hear the guy wrong on the press conference? Didn't he say they weren't going to release the location?

Nosy reporters...

oh my, how did he get all the way there? Are there any ties to this RV place? I am looking and haven't found anything yet.
I am going to go read the twitters of his friends and see what they are saying...

I doubt if he has any ties to the RV place. Maybe just a convenient place to dump a body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste