ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The world is full of odd coincidences. It's also important to note that as far as we can see, Tom didn't send that tweet, "J" did. I agree with the last sentence in your statement.

do you live in the area this happened? im digging my way through twitter pages trying to get a feel for what his friends and acquaintances are saying and it sounds like they are pretty sure some one is responsible for his death and that this isn't just an accident or a suicide.

Without revealing anything more about myself I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that the recipient of that tweet, (CM), had nothing to do with this. He obviously knew they were joking around or just didn't take it seriously.

The media has spun that tweet around. CM has clearly stated that they were both at his house after that tweet.

I would also like to know where that particular tweet was sent from.

I had read yesterday or this morning that LE was working with the phone carrier to figure out where Tom's phone was locating from. This could be why they were searching the Moorhead area. I had assumed, (I detest assuming) that they had gained this information from a human being. However, in afterthought, it may indeed have been from his phone.

I guess the days ahead will hopefully tell us more.

Good to know. I guess to me CM doesn't seem suspicious, but "J" and whoever he associates with inspires suspicion because "J" is the one who made the last tweet on Bearsons account. Could have been a joke but to me "J" and anyone he is associated w should be thoroughly looked at. Maybe they have already done that, i dont know the people involved obviously.

I agree the media has spun this around. To the casual observer it looks like he sent a text he was lost after he was last seen, when in reality he sent that and then went to CMs house, which like you said CM has been very clear about.

Good to know. I guess to me CM doesn't seem suspicious, but "J" and whoever he associates with inspires suspicion because "J" is the one who made the last tweet on Bearsons account. Could have been a joke but to me "J" and anyone he is associated w should be thoroughly looked at. Maybe they have already done that, i dont know the people involved obviously.

I agree the media has spun this around. To the casual observer it looks like he sent a text he was lost after he was last seen, when in reality he sent that and then went to CMs house, which like you said CM has been very clear about.

Read that particular text very carefully. Read it word for word without the knowledge of what has happened afterward. It clearly states, "We" and "Us". This is plural.

To my knowledge no one else is missing.

Being missing to everyone else does not mean that you, yourself is "Lost".

The assumption from reading that text was that Tom was lost because he was missing.

The "J" who sent the tweet is JW, who is roommates with CM - that is why he asked CM to come and pick them up as they were lost. JW and Bearson were friends from high school.

http://www.twincities.com/localnews...nd-search-missing-ndsu-student-from-minnesota

I'm usually the last one to think drugs! or alcohol! but i wonder why they were lost and why J had to send the tweet instead of Thomas. Was Thomas too impaired to make his own tweet? I guess they ended up making it back to CM's house so it is possible Thomas was impaired and left the party on his own and just succumbed to whatever it was he was doing and maybe none of these other guys are responsible at all.

do you live in the area this happened? im digging my way through twitter pages trying to get a feel for what his friends and acquaintances are saying and it sounds like they are pretty sure some one is responsible for his death and that this isn't just an accident or a suicide.

I was just doing the same and have the exact opposite opinion. The messages are leading me to believe NO foul play. no hashtags with i.e. "justice", or anger which I would think would happen. I will reserve sharing my thoughts outwardly because I have nothing to back it up. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. Another young one lost too soon.

I was just doing the same and have the exact opposite opinion. The messages are leading me to believe NO foul play. no hashtags with i.e. "justice", or anger which I would think would happen. I will reserve sharing my thoughts outwardly because I have nothing to back it up. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. Another young one lost too soon.

I've seen a few people saying they need to find this J person, and a few saying things like "how did he end up 5 miles away, some one knows"... but honestly, it doesnt look like too many of his friends/acquaintances have even said all that much about him at all, sadly.

previous news websites have indicated that J was actually a high school friend of Tom's and also roommate of C (where the party was held). That for some reason he used Tom's phone to tweet the "ominous" message, but that they both later made it to the party. I have not heard whether Tom left alone or with J - but J actually lived at the house or apartment where the party was held.

http://www.parkrapidsenterprise.com...ing-ndsu-student-including-campus-and-river-1

Read that particular text very carefully. Read it word for word without the knowledge of what has happened afterward. It clearly states, "We" and "Us". This is plural.

To my knowledge no one else is missing.

Being missing to everyone else does not mean that you, yourself is "Lost".

The assumption from reading that text was that Tom was lost because he was missing.

I see what you're saying, that JW was saying that BOTH of them were "lost." What I'm getting at is that what if JW was trying to give the impression that Tom could easily have gotten lost to try to sway the investigation later when he was found. Otherwise, people would say "Well how could he get lost? He lives so close." If he got lost with someone else earlier, it makes more sense that later in the evening he got lost walking home. It does seem most likely to me now that this is not foul play, but you can't really know that if you haven't looked really hard at Jake and looked really closely at who his friends are in my opinion. Maybe the police have already done that, I don't know. Maybe the police have more info than I do, don't know.

Also I saw on social media that there was some kind of dust-up among friends about someone being a "*advertiser censored*" and "sorry isn't good enough." This might have nothing to do with the whole situation, but in light of the fact that we now know JW was a high school friend of Tom's, it would also be good for them to sort all that out too since that came up online just a day or two before he went missing, just to make sure Tom had nothing to do with that situation. I would look it up right now but don't have time, so I can later if you want, but would prefer to communicate that on private message since I don't watn to start posting inncent peoples names on here etc.

I see what you're saying, that JW was saying that BOTH of them were "lost." What I'm getting at is that what if JW was trying to give the impression that Tom could easily have gotten lost to try to sway the investigation later when he was found. Otherwise, people would say "Well how could he get lost? He lives so close." If he got lost with someone else earlier, it makes more sense that later in the evening he got lost walking home. It does seem most likely to me now that this is not foul play, but you can't really know that if you haven't looked really hard at Jake and looked really closely at who his friends are in my opinion. Maybe the police have already done that, I don't know. Maybe the police have more info than I do, don't know.

Also I saw on social media that there was some kind of dust-up among friends about someone being a "*advertiser censored*" and "sorry isn't good enough." This might have nothing to do with the whole situation, but in light of the fact that we now know JW was a high school friend of Tom's, it would also be good for them to sort all that out too since that came up online just a day or two before he went missing, just to make sure Tom had nothing to do with that situation. I would look it up right now but don't have time, so I can later if you want, but would prefer to communicate that on private message since I don't watn to start posting inncent peoples names on here etc.

I like the way you think.

Also there is the assumption by "We" that it was only Tom and JW there. We have absolutely no way of knowing who all "We" meant. Could have been ten people. We don't know.

If anyone knows-Did Tom leave Jake and CM's house alone?

I would also like to know how he got 5 mls in the opposite
direction of his dorm!TIA

I like the way you think.

Also there is the assumption by "We" that it was only Tom and JW there. We have absolutely no way of knowing who all "We" meant. Could have been ten people. We don't know.

Thanks for the compliment! Later I will figure out this forum and figure out how to like people's posts like I see others are doing on here lol.

Yes very good point that we don't know who "we" is. Very important to know the answer to that I'd think. I suppose they could ask CM who he picked up with JW and Tom, if anyone (assuming here that we know he picked up at least those 2).

Thanks for the compliment! Later I will figure out this forum and figure out how to like people's posts like I see others are doing on here lol.
You can click the Thanks (thumbs up) button on the lower right hand side of posts.

If anyone knows-Did Tom leave Jake and CM's house alone?

I would also like to know how he got 5 mls in the opposite
direction of his dorm!TIA

(opinion here from a local)
I tell you what I have lived in this area for a handful of years and have rode my bike, walked or driven all over this area in both Fargo, ND and Moorhead, MN. Mostly riding my bike or walking. I even rented a place right up the road from where he was located, about a year ago.

The fact that he ended up 5 miles away in that location at the RV place I personally find HIGHLY improbable he walked there himself if he was lost. There really isn't a direct route to that location where he was last seen and where he was found today, unless he purposely went there. Having driven through that industrial park at night I remember it as dark and not very well lit even though it was right behind Menards.

I'm from St Cloud. My heart and prayers go out to his family.

I went to college at Concordia for a year and a half, not too far from the RV park.

The most plausible scenario for winding up where he did was he was seeking a party at MSU or Concordia that he heard about earlier in the night and was inebriated to the point of black out, either caught a ride or took off on foot and the cause of death will indicate alcohol poisoning, but the jury is out until the coroners report or LE indicate otherwise.

I'm from St Cloud. My heart and prayers go out to his family.

I went to college at Concordia for a year and a half, not too far from the RV park.

The most plausible scenario for winding up where he did was he was seeking a party at MSU or Concordia that he heard about earlier in the night and was inebriated to the point of black out, either caught a ride or took off on foot and the cause of death will indicate alcohol poisoning, but the jury is out until the coroners report or LE indicate otherwise.

Based on your response and my going back and reading the twitters this theory holds a bit of water as to how he may have ended up in Moorhead. When combined with this tweet when asked if he left the house with someone where he was last seen in Fargo: (i shortened the exact twitter handles for privacy)

@bret5 @Kj @Tommy not that I know of. He did mention maybe going somewhere with some baseball players but I'm not sure

Land of 10,000 Lakes. Seems I read about cases like that in Wisconsin, too.

Was his phone found with his body? If he were drunk, he may have lost the phone and J found it and sent the text, thinking he would give the phone back when he found Thomas.

Good to know. I guess to me CM doesn't seem suspicious, but Jake and whoever he associates with inspires suspicion because Jake is the one who made the last tweet on Bearsons account. Could have been a joke but to me Jake and anyone he is associated w should be thoroughly looked at. Maybe they have already done that, i dont know the people involved obviously.

That is a good point about they could have been searching Moorhead because of the last cell phone info from the cell company.

I would also like to know where that particular tweet was sent from.

I had read yesterday or this morning that LE was working with the phone carrier to figure out where Tom's phone was locating from. This could be why they were searching the Moorhead area. I had assumed, (I detest assuming) that they had gained this information from a human being. However, in afterthought, it may indeed have been from the phone transmissions, pinging, signals this sort of thing.

I guess the days ahead will hopefully tell us more.

You were correct. "Body confirmed as missing NDSU student; tips, phone tracking led search to Moorhead" http://www.inforum.com/content/body-confirmed-missing-ndsu-student-tips-phone-tracking-led-search-moorhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase