ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nosy reporters...

I doubt if he has any ties to the RV place. Maybe just a convenient place to dump a body.

yes, it is kinda an industrial area. with what looks like highway access... I wonder how soon we will know what happened to him.

Hi everyone, I live in Fargo, and occasionally have looked on this forum in recent years, don't know if I've ever posted.

What I am wondering is who is this Jake on the last text message? Thomas Bearson's last twitter message was not made by him, but rather by "Jake" using Bearson's account, it says that right in the text message. This text by "Jake" about them being lost was BEFORE he went to the house he was at, where the person who lives there say that after spending some time there he left there in the wee hours of the morning. Did he leave with Jake? Who does Jake know, who are his friends?

It could very well be just a total joke that Jake made using Thomas' phone, and just turned out to be eerily prophetic, and that may very well be the most likely explanation. But they should look at the possibility that the post was made to cover up something that was going to happen later. Yes of course there are time stamps, but look at the news story and most people that read that last tweet in a hurry are just going to assume that Thomas was the one who wrote that tweet, and he was lost when he died. Even if they don't read it in a hurry, it's very hard to not let that tweet inform your view of what happened and make someone more likely to think he probably just got lost. Just think about the incident WITHOUT that text, for me it's easier to jump to a sinister conclusion without that text. So, Jake may have made that last tweet on his acct as a joke and it turned out to be eerily prophetic, or something more sinister is going on. I hope police are looking at who Jake is associated even if the most likely explanation is it is just a coincidence.

Also, there are a lot of "420" references on twitter pics etc. on some of the people that are associated with the people involved here on twitter. I don't really care about this other than the Andrew Sadek case a few miles away recently in Wahpeton, where Sadek's mother said he was cooperating w/ the anti=drug team of law enforcement and she believed he was bullied into cooperating and murdered because of it, and he was found in the river with rocks in his backpack. And he was about to be charged with marijuana possession I believe? I know a lot of people smoke and I don't have any passionate feelings about this either way, I just think it's worth looking at this angle because what if we're dealing with some REALLY bad guys that have something to do with pot that have come into the area??

Awww, man. I live in Saint Cloud, which is really close to Sartell, I was hoping for a better outcome for the poor kid.

Hi everyone, I live in Fargo, and occasionally have looked on this forum in recent years, don't know if I've ever posted.

What I am wondering is who is this Jake on the last text message? Thomas Bearson's last twitter message was not made by him, but rather by "Jake" using Bearson's account, it says that right in the text message. This text by "Jake" about them being lost was BEFORE he went to the house he was at, where the person who lives there say that after spending some time there he left there in the wee hours of the morning. Did he leave with Jake? Who does Jake know, who are his friends?

It could very well be just a total joke that Jake made using Thomas' phone, and just turned out to be eerily prophetic, and that may very well be the most likely explanation. But they should look at the possibility that the post was made to cover up something that was going to happen later. Yes of course there are time stamps, but look at the news story and most people that read that last tweet in a hurry are just going to assume that Thomas was the one who wrote that tweet, and he was lost when he died. Even if they don't read it in a hurry, it's very hard to not let that tweet inform your view of what happened and make someone more likely to think he probably just got lost. Just think about the incident WITHOUT that text, for me it's easier to jump to a sinister conclusion without that text. So, Jake may have made that last tweet on his acct as a joke and it turned out to be eerily prophetic, or something more sinister is going on. I hope police are looking at who Jake is associated even if the most likely explanation is it is just a coincidence.

Also, there are a lot of "420" references on twitter pics etc. on some of the people that are associated with the people involved here on twitter. I don't really care about this other than the Andrew Sadek case a few miles away recently in Wahpeton, where Sadek's mother said he was cooperating w/ the anti=drug team of law enforcement and she believed he was bullied into cooperating and murdered because of it, and he was found in the river with rocks in his backpack. And he was about to be charged with marijuana possession I believe? I know a lot of people smoke and I don't have any passionate feelings about this either way, I just think it's worth looking at this angle because what if we're dealing with some REALLY bad guys that have something to do with pot that have come into the area??

LE stated they searched that area based on information they gathered during their investigation. He was found in an area right behind that brand new Menards there so I can only imagine they are reviewing footage from any security cameras covering roads going into that area. Shouldn't be too hard to narrow it down.

As far as that tweet goes I'm reserving my final thoughts on that one. It's just very difficult to say at this point.

At least he wasn't found in the river!! To me that is good news.

so do they suspect foul play? or was this accidental?

Also this whole thing obviously wasn't planned. I think there will be a quick resolution to this. I can't even begin to imagine what his poor parents must be going through!

For those of you proficient in "The Twitter," (I'm not) there are apps that create tweet maps. I forget which case we had here where I learned about it, but it was fascinating and really documented the movements of the key players on the evening in question. I don't know what program was used, but I did find this article about a few of the apps/programs available. I'd love to know the location from which "Jake" sent the tweet.

http://mashable.com/2010/08/06/twitter-mapping-tools/

ETA: The case I am thinking about is a female in her 20s. She had a child, about 1 or 2 years old? It was the same kind of geographic area in terms of having remote areas. There was a party. And she sent an ominous tweet about being stalked or being followed while she was driving. Does it ring a bell with anyone? There are examples of the Twitter map in her thread.

OD or a fight with deadly consequences would be my guess.

For those of you proficient in "The Twitter," (I'm not) there are apps that create tweet maps. I forget which case we had here where I learned about it, but it was fascinating and really documented the movements of the key players on the evening in question. I don't know what program was used, but I did find this article about a few of the apps/programs available. I'd love to know the location from which "Jake" sent the tweet.

http://mashable.com/2010/08/06/twitter-mapping-tools/

Wasn't that the Sarah Goode case?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rah-Goode-21-Medford-6-June-2014-2-**ARREST**

Incredibly sad, I was so hoping he'd be found safe.

I don't believe that his tweet was prophetic or a joke, I think the comments (by friends) surrounding his tweet will lead to his killer :(.

I feel like the response to the "lost" tweet is really odd. Almost like it was a really thought out planned tweet. If your friend texts you they are lost and going to die, why would you reply that you are sloshed and then instruct them to text you after you call them... wouldnt you see that tweet and immediately just call them? and then ask them where they are, or tell them to send the address in text.. i feel like that reply tweet was trying to set up an alibi somehow its just really weird to me that your friend says he gonna die and instead of calling asap you tweet him and tell him how sloshed you are...

I feel like the response to the "lost" tweet is really odd. Almost like it was a really thought out planned tweet. If your friend texts you they are lost and going to die, why would you reply that you are sloshed and then instruct them to text you after you call them... wouldnt you see that tweet and immediately just call them? and then ask them where they are, or tell them to send the address in text.. i feel like that reply tweet was trying to set up an alibi somehow its just really weird to me that your friend says he gonna die and instead of calling asap you tweet him and tell him how sloshed you are...

That is not how the mind of 19 yo boy works.

LE stated they searched that area based on information they gathered during their investigation. He was found in an area right behind that brand new Menards there so I can only imagine they are reviewing footage from any security cameras covering roads going into that area. Shouldn't be too hard to narrow it down.

As far as that tweet goes I'm reserving my final thoughts on that one. It's just very difficult to say at this point.

At least he wasn't found in the river!! To me that is good news.

That's so true! I'm so glad he wasn't found in the river. That's a good point about the Menards cameras, I would assume Menards would also have a camera in the back facing the road so you'd think they could at least see cars going on the road during those hours. I don't know that the camera would be able to see the road area where the entrance of Larry's RV is, and looking on google maps if he was on foot and wandered there I'm not sure that they'd be able to see him depending on where the camera in the back of the store is placed, but better hope for seeing cars driving past it anyway I'd think.

Of course Larry's might have a camera too, but I wouldn't count on it. It's owned by an elderly couple that are selling it to someone locally later this year, not sure if the sale has gone through yet or not. As far as them having the info where he is, I wonder if he didn't call his a friend to say he was lost and had gone over the river into Moorhead and that's where they got that tip? I am more inclined to believe that someone else brought him there. Police said they didn't think the public was at risk and they seemed to imply they didn't believe there was foul play, if that is the case I hope they have more info than they are giving us at this time because seems pretty suspicious to me.

Without revealing anything more about myself I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that the recipient of that tweet, (CM), had nothing to do with this. He obviously knew they were joking around or just didn't take it seriously.

The media has spun that tweet around. CM has clearly stated that they were both at his house after that tweet.

I would also like to know where that particular tweet was sent from.

I had read yesterday or this morning that LE was working with the phone carrier to figure out where Tom's phone was locating from. This could be why they were searching the Moorhead area. I had assumed, (I detest assuming) that they had gained this information from a human being. However, in afterthought, it may indeed have been from the phone transmissions, pinging, signals this sort of thing.

I guess the days ahead will hopefully tell us more.

Without revealing anything more about myself I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that the recipient of that tweet, (CM), had nothing to do with this. He obviously knew they were joking around or just didn't take it seriously.

The media has spun that tweet around. CM has clearly stated that they were both at his house after that tweet.

I had read yesterday or this morning that LE was working with the phone carrier to figure out where Tom's phone was locating from. This could be why they were searching the Moorhead area. I had assumed, (I detest assuming) that they had gained this information from a human being. However, in afterthought, it may indeed have been from his phone.

joking around about being lost and dying a few hours before he actually gets lost and ends up dead? if somehow you have inside information then ill trust you, but it is a pretty crazy coincidence!

and just because he says they were at his house after the tweet, just makes people look at him even more. and who knows if that is even true.

but if you believe the recipient of the tweet has nothing to do with it , that still leaves the J person who sent the tweet, and the others at the party...

That's so true! I'm so glad he wasn't found in the river. That's a good point about the Menards cameras, I would assume Menards would also have a camera in the back facing the road so you'd think they could at least see cars going on the road during those hours. I don't know that the camera would be able to see the road area where the entrance of Larry's RV is, and looking on google maps if he was on foot and wandered there I'm not sure that they'd be able to see him depending on where the camera in the back of the store is placed, but better hope for seeing cars driving past it anyway I'd think.

Of course Larry's might have a camera too, but I wouldn't count on it. It's owned by an elderly couple that are selling it to someone locally later this year, not sure if the sale has gone through yet or not. As far as them having the info where he is, I wonder if he didn't call his a friend to say he was lost and had gone over the river into Moorhead and that's where they got that tip? I am more inclined to believe that someone else brought him there. Police said they didn't think the public was at risk and they seemed to imply they didn't believe there was foul play, if that is the case I hope they have more info than they are giving us at this time because seems pretty suspicious to me.

In one of the photos I saw of Larry's RV, there were signs on the chain link fence clearly stating that a dog was on premise. This tells me that Larry's RV has probably had some problems in the past with people roaming the property. If they are willing to put a dog on the place I'm betting they also have security cameras. Let's hope!

joking around about being lost and dying a few hours before he actually gets lost and ends up dead? if somehow you have inside information then ill trust you, but it is a pretty crazy coincidence!

and just because he says they were at his house after the tweet, just makes people look at him even more. and who knows if that is even true.

but if you believe the recipient of the tweet has nothing to do with it , that still leaves the J person who sent the tweet, and the others at the party...

The world is full of odd coincidences. It's also important to note that as far as we can see, Tom didn't send that tweet, "J" did.

It will be interesting to know if Tom's phone was found with him.

I agree with the last sentence in your statement.

I had read yesterday or this morning that LE was working with the phone carrier to figure out where Tom's phone was locating from. This could be why they were searching the Moorhead area. I had assumed, (I detest assuming) that they had gained this information from a human being. However, in afterthought, it may indeed have been from his phone.

Good to know. I guess to me CM doesn't seem suspicious, but Jake and whoever he associates with inspires suspicion because Jake is the one who made the last tweet on Bearsons account. Could have been a joke but to me Jake and anyone he is associated w should be thoroughly looked at. Maybe they have already done that, i dont know the people involved obviously.

I agree the media has spun this around. To the casual observer it looks like he sent a text he was lost after he was last seen, when in reality he sent that and then went to CMs house, which like you said CM has been very clear about.

That is a good point about they could have been searching Moorhead because of the last cell phone info from the cell company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase