ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that many LE and Police / Sheriff agencies now have FB pages. Possibly asking questions on them could get some answers or at least let them know that Justice for these two young men is being and will be followed until a real conclusion is made. If there truly is no information, would getting a reward fund started help?

JMO

I just noticed somebody asked on the Fargo PD FB page on 10/3 when we would have an update. They just responded to the comment today that updates are up to Moorhead PD & MNBCA.

I don't see any FB pages for Moorhead PD (aside from one auto generated by FB) and the BCA FB page has nothing related to the TB case at all.

It doesn't really surprise me a lot that none of the students are saying anything (if they do know anything). This is an excerpt showing what happens in places not real far away when someone is believed to have talked.
http://caselaw.findlaw.com/mn-supreme-court/1367970.html
Ecklund and Tanya Caldwell began questioning both McCollum and Pool in the upstairs of the residence in an attempt to determine who had “narced” on appellant and Caldwell.   Several individuals were present during the questioning, including Christopher Olson and Rick Ligenza.   Their attention shifted fully to the questioning of Pool, which included questioning about missing money and drugs.   Pool repeatedly denied “narcing” on appellant and Caldwell, and the arguing escalated to physical violence against Pool, with most of the hitting and kicking being done by Ecklund and Ligenza.   At one point, Pool attempted to escape down the stairs, but McCollum “body-slammed” him, brought him back upstairs, and confined him by duct-taping his wrists, upper body, and ankles.   Tanya Caldwell threatened Pool with a taser, which is a high-voltage stun gun.

After this incident on July 18 and until July 20, Pool was bound with duct tape and repeatedly beaten.   Another acquaintance of appellant, Isaac Engstrom, testified that McCollum called him on July 19 and asked him to come to the Pool residence because he found out who had “snitched” on appellant and Caldwell.   When Engstrom arrived, Ecklund, McCollum, Toby Johnson, and Pool were present.   When Scott Bernhardt, appellant's brother, arrived, the group began to beat and question Pool again.   Pool was punched, kicked, and beaten with a closet rod.   After each questioning and beating, Pool was duct-taped to a chair and placed in a small cellar that could only be accessed through a trap door in a closet floor.   Other witnesses-including Brian Amundsen, David Oliva, Jessica Fank, Tina Artmann, and Chad Moehring-also testified to being present at the Pool residence over the three-day period and seeing Pool taped-up, beaten, or placed beneath the floor in the cellar.

On the evening of July 20, Pool was forced into a duffel bag by McCollum, and the duffel bag was zipped up.   Ecklund sprayed aerosol into the bag, and McCollum stood on Pool's neck until his breathing could no longer be heard.   McCollum and Engstrom carried the duffel bag containing Pool's body to a car and loaded the bag into the trunk.   Ecklund then drove McCollum and Engstrom to a train trestle over the Clearwater River.   Engstrom tied a concrete block to the duffel bag and, with McCollum's assistance, threw the duffel bag over the edge of the train trestle into the river below.

I called the Moorhead PD this morning and spoke briefly with an investigative Lieutenant. I expressed my general concern for safety and desire for justice in this case. He assured me that any break in the case and/or arrest would be announced to the public right away, but that unfortunately there are no updates at this time. He also said that the media has been contacting them for updates every other day or so, but again, there is nothing new to report at this time.

Let's hope they find that "break" soon, and that no stones are left unturned!

I called the Moorhead PD this morning and spoke briefly with an investigative Lieutenant. I expressed my general concern for safety and desire for justice in this case. He assured me that any break in the case and/or arrest would be announced to the public right away, but that unfortunately there are no updates at this time. He also said that the media has been contacting them for updates every other day or so, but again, there is nothing new to report at this time.

Thank you for taking the time to make the call. And thank you for sharing.

I'm going to call now & if I have to break out my "bat-sh@t crazy mom" shriek, I will. With that sort of response, I am really beginning to feel worried for my son & the other kids away at school.

Aquarius.... Thank you for calling & also for sharing your personal experience with us. It's what "life" is about -- learning from our own experiences in order to help others. It's the best kind of advocacy. ����

You are a brave and caring person. Thank you for doing this.

Hi everybody,'
I haven't posted much lately since I got scared away by the moderator.

I think I may have violated the rules and when will I hear the knock of my door?
I tried to deleted some posts referring to tweets but I can't delete or edit my posts.
All the numbering of the posts have been changed also. So is the moderator deleting the posts?
How come it took 1000 posts before the moderate stepped in?

Hi everybody,'
I haven't posted much lately since I got scared away by the moderator.

I think I may have violated the rules and when will I hear the knock of my door?
I tried to deleted some posts referring to tweets but I can't delete or edit my posts.
All the numbering of the posts have been changed also. So is the moderator deleting the posts?
How come it took 1000 posts before the moderate stepped in?

If you hear a knock... :hills:

I am so disappointed that there is nothing more being said on this case.
I wish that Tommy was still alive.
But in my case they had the Warren Commission and they said that you would have to wait 75 years if then.

Another thing I am wondering is if CM asked him to text him the address, did he? If so where was it? Did CM go pick them up? If not who did? What caused JW to text such an alerting tweet? These tweets have been covered by MSM, linked earlier in the thread.

"Mead responded, asking him to text him his address. The next day, he said he hadn't seen Bearson "since last night when he left my house." When asked if Bearson left with anyone, Mead responded, "Not that I know of. He did mention going somewhere with some baseball players but I'm not sure."

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/26589880/missing-ndsu-student-missing-since-saturday

I am so disappointed that there is nothing more being said on this case.
I wish that Tommy was still alive.
But in my case they had the Warren Commission and they said that you would have to wait 75 years if then.

I would very much like to read more about your case. Care to expand?

I still haven't got the times down.
When time of death is reported if it ever is then these times will be important.
Can someone change his times on a tweet or are they set in stone?
I need the time of Tom's tweet that he was bored.
and the time of the tweet that they were lost.
Does anyone know what are the accurate times of these two tweets?
There seems to be two versions.
Just preparing everyone when more information comes out if it does come out.

I still haven't got the times down.
When time of death is reported if it ever is then these times will be important.
Can someone change his times on a tweet or are they set in stone?
I need the time of Tom's tweet that he was bored.
and the time of the tweet that they were lost.
Does anyone know what are the accurate times of these two tweets?
There seems to be two versions.
Just preparing everyone when more information comes out if it does come out.

BBM

I still see that it was at 8:31 pm, but it may be because I don't have a Twitter account.

I think it is time to out some pressure on LE and media.
Unfortunately, I have some experience with with LE investigations that led me to lose some faith in their diligence. My dad was killed in a vehicle accident in 2010 that involved an illegal immigrant w/o licence or insurance who ran a red light and struck my dad, only 59 years old. My dad and I were very close, so the grief was immense. The local PD was very tight lipped on the investigation, telling me we need 90 days to press charges, 90 for the plea, during that time everything was held confidential. They promised me criminal charges were coming, which calmed me at the time. I called and called, finally after a year, no charges, nothing. I advocated my case on a national radio show and finally got the attention of the county district attorney. They met with me and criminal charges were filed - only bc of my insistance. I was assigned a victims advocate, but I felt her role was more to calm my fear and frustration. I discovered only 1 witness was interviewed out of 5-10 that were present at the scene. So I scoured photos and found another witness myself by markings on his truck. A statement was taken, but 2 years after the accident, so they held little water in court. In fact, much of the info from interviews was not admissible in court, including the statement by the person who killed my dad! We hired a PI for the civil case, and thats where the majority of our interviews and info came from. I could go on, but the point is, the LE is not invested in finding justice as much as the family is. My dad's case took 3 years of my life due to justified mistrust and lack of diligence by the local PD - although we had lawuers, I became my own lawyer, my own victims advocate, PI, etc.
TBs family no doubt has even bigger hurdles and grief ahead of them and they need advocates that are not assigned by the state. We need to advocate for them and pressure the media and PD to gather as much info as possible. Interviews, photos, search warrants, etc.
Coming from someone who's been there (on a lesser scale), this silence is unacceptable.

So sorry for your loss, I can't imagine how difficult that must've been. But kudos to you for all you did in your attempts to seek justice for your dad. God Bless You.

I did not see the show, but it was on Dateline on the wknd.

In 1979 a guy murdered his gf.

The sister kept after LE and they finally got him.

IMO it could be that part of the delay is because most of the "clues" have to do with telephone / cellphone records. Sine the Supreme Court ruling about the privacy of cellphones and search warrants to confiscate them and examine the contents has added a real wrinkle to many investigations. In many cases it is harder to get a SW for a cellphone than for a POI's home. It has been established by the Courts that in todays social environment a persons electronic devices contain more information than is even kept in a home. And to add that examination reveals friends and friends of friends suggesting guilt by association of innocent people.

JMO's

The Tweets ( active or deleted) are the backdrop to the timeline of this sad and horrific homicide. Can we stop denying it's relevance. imho.

I did not see the show, but it was on Dateline on the wknd.

In 1979 a guy murdered his gf.

The sister kept after LE and they finally got him.

Good for them.

Do these statements on behalf of TB's family sound like they feel the need to keep after LE?

"The Bearson family thanked the Sartell community and the investigating authorities."

"We are grateful that Tom's body was found, and we know many people are working hard to find the perpetrator," said Walsh, reading a prepared statement from the Bearson family to media members in the parking lot of the church after the ceremony.

http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/local/2014/09/29/bearson-funeral-monday-morning/16417741/

Good for them.

Do these statements on behalf of the TB's family sound like they feel the need to keep after LE?

"The Bearson family thanked the Sartell community and the investigating authorities."

"We are grateful that Tom's body was found, and we know many people are working hard to find the perpetrator," said Walsh, reading a prepared statement from the Bearson family to media members in the parking lot of the church after the ceremony.

http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/local/2014/09/29/bearson-funeral-monday-morning/16417741/
Singular: Perpetrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member