ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting article. Notice their statement "there is no reason to believe gang involvement is to blame", they sound pretty confident making that statement. Why? What makes them feel so strongly about that?

http://www.wday.com/content/several-theories-rumors-surrounding-bearsons-death-few-answers

In this article they give the exact address of where TB was last seen. Someone earlier on the thread was wondering what the exact address was.

http://wjon.com/tom-bearsons-death-ruled-a-homicide/

My opinion only but the tweet sent by JW saying they were lost and going to die really makes me feel like TB's life was unraveling at that time.

I wonder if TB's phone had an app so that his family or friends could see his location?

Thanks for posting this article. It's the most detailed I've seen yet.

The only thing I wanted to bring up is that I still don't believe the twitter times are necessarily correct, and think the original times posted on twitter were right. It keeps coming up so I just wanted to bring it up. Up until just a few days ago, the tweets originally said he was "bored" around 8:30, and the "we're lost" tweet came at 11:34 I believe it was. I live in Fargo, and have tried looking at the times logged in and logged out of the account. The times said about 8:30 and 11:30 respectively longer than they have said the later times. For a long time it said those times, until one day it randomly changed the times to be 2 hours later. Others who saw the tweets before the times changed noticed the same change at the same time. Could CM have modified a setting in his own twitter that caused this? Also, I believe that JW left CMs house about 11. I wish JW could be interviewed to shed light on the time issue.

Today I was reviewing and researching LE behavior in other cases as it pertains to the behavior in this case. This lead to my realization that it isn't just LE that's being quiet, it's the media that is being quiet.

I can think of a dozen cases where it has been the media, a journalist who has been down at the police station or court house demanding public information be released. Reporting on anything they find, interviewing people involved.

I don't see that happening in this case and I find it very curious. So curious in fact that it makes me wonder what the police are saying to the journalist in that area.

I agree. I think it is very strange there is nothing from the media at all. In my years as a journalist, we would be turning every stone, pursuing every tip, calling every relative or friend, hanging out at the PD trying to cash in on the good relationship we had built with somebody there, knocking on doors...the list goes on and on. Part of it was because we had to - we were expected to come back with something. The other part was because you wanted to for whatever reasons (e.g., serving the public, upholding the integrity of the profession, because it was a challenge and interesting, because you wanted to be the one that got that prized interview or piece of information, because you just wanted to help.) I really don't get the media silence. Absolutely no interviews with any of TB's family or friends? It seems very strange. Any ideas out there?

I got scolded by other users in my first post by questioning WHY Andrew Sadek or TB weren't receiving more press about a week ago. I am mortified as a mother of a college freshman boy that more people aren't demanding answers! You better believe I would be making an a#s out of myself if this were my child.

Andrew Sadek not only had rocks in his backpack but it was also STRAPPED on his body so it didn't fall off. He also had a life "planned..." He was going to continue his schooling & had a girlfriend, etc... He was murdered & the LE were/are complicit. They were holding FELONY charges over his head unless he worked with them as an informant. A week after he disappears, they pull out YEAR old charges on him? Why? So people would say... "Poor kid... He was in legal trouble so he committed suicide." Or think his life mattered less because he was selling drugs... You know what? It worked.

Andrew's only sibling died in a car accident & because of that, he was very sensitive to his mother. When we all tried to tell her he was hiding & on-the-lam, she'd say, "If he could, he WOULD call me to wish me a happy Mother's Day." She knew & felt he was gone but WANTED to believe he was alive & had ran away.. What an awful way to treat her.. Imagine her heartache? Then when he was found, the LE at NDSCS said that his autopsy was "not a big priority." His toxicology came back NEGATIVE for drugs of ANY kind.

No resolution to his case & nothing is going on. They haven't even returned Andrew's laptop to her! It's really, really disgusting.

I am hoping for better results for the Bearson family... I'm hoping MN & FBI will be more competent than the LE who handled Andrew's case...

I'm done ranting. I know this thread isn't about Andrew but in a way it kind of is....

So it seems as though CM did give an interview and make statements that Tommy did leave the party house about 3:40 AM. Yet to my knowledge JW has not made any statements. However he is the one that Tommy went to school with from his hometown. Being that JW is one year ahead of him he was probably trusting him to show him around and where to go. Yet JW does not seem instrumental in finding him or finding what happened, at least publicly.

I find it hard to believe that it would be so casual about Tommy leaving at 3:40 AM. This place where the party was is small (1200 sq ft). At that time there couldn't be that many people still there.

JMO

One more thing... I hesitate to type it.

But do you think TB's family could be silent about his death because they are ashamed of the circumstances? If it's a hate crime of some kind or if he was doing some really hard drugs, etc.. "Answers" might allow the public to learn of some things about TB's month of college that they don't really want to acknowledge right now.

One other thing... Maybe the "bored" tweet is CODE for something else.. Especially since it was used a few times by TB. Or maybe "they" already had his phone... Maybe they were setting up a different alibi but got caught or someone saw something & had to try for the second "lost" one?

Just thoughts....

One more thing... I hesitate to type it.

But do you think TB's family could be silent about his death because they are ashamed of the circumstances? If it's a hate crime of some kind or if he was doing some really hard drugs, etc.. "Answers" might allow the public to learn of some things about TB's month of college that they don't really want to acknowledge right now.

One other thing... Maybe the "bored" tweet is CODE for something else.. Especially since it was used a few times by TB. Or maybe "they" already had his phone... Maybe they were setting up a different alibi but got caught or someone saw something & had to try for the second "lost" one?

Just thoughts....

(BBM) Nevah!! Never hesitate to type! Boldly type where no man has typed before! :D

When I watched the police give the press the update that TB had been found dead, I was annoyed to see the press didn't hardly ask any questions. (EDIT: In fact I'm being generous here, from what I honestly recall the police asked for questions numerous times and I don't even remember any being asked that was really relevant. I should go back and try to find that video.) I found this in stark contrast to national news stories I've seen, but you know what they handled the Andrew Sadek case the same way a few months ago, so it didn't surprise me too much. I don't want to give them too hard of a time because I think it is the culture, I think they probably have a good working relationship with the police, and they don't want to annoy the police or be giving them a hard time. Andrew Sadek death was never ruled a homicide, but the rocks in the backpack have caused me to believe it probably was. The press acted pretty much the same in that case as far as press updates, and I haven't heard a thing since the one article they had about his mother being upset thinking he was dead. I didn't see anywhere where the press attempted to interview the narcotics unit, and if they did it was probably just a one time phone call.

So I tend to think this is just how the press here is. It was annoying to me also that before TB was even found the press wasn't breaking down doors of people like BH and others who claimed they were at the party, asking them questions about it. Then after he was found they didn't seem to try to do that either. I still tend to think it's a cultural thing, and possibly also a small local news thing resource thing. If this happened in Minneapolis, they probably have more resources to do that kind of thing. IMHO the media here is probably better than most places, except when it comes where you actually want someone to get aggressive looking for info. If the press did ever try to contact people who claimed they were at the party before or after TB was found, I sure haven't seen anything about it in the paper.

I think the lack of information etc. is really going to blow up in the face of the police and the press if it turns out there are no arrests a couple weeks into the full autopsy results coming back. People are going to start to get mad if that is the case and they don't change course here. Hopefully that will all be a moot point, and the police are lying that they have no idea what happened.

EDIT: I would like to add in the Andrew Sadek case I don't recall the police ever trying to interview his roommates or anything like that either, correct me if I'm wrong!

I agree about the media not being as aggressive here as in larger metro areas. From personal experience (and a former Forum Co. employee), I think it's about politics. Fargo is a small city when it comes to this. I don't want to say too much, but I believe even a Pulitzer prize piece would get cut if it would ruffle the feathers of important connections (primarily monetary). Not to be forgotten, Fargo is a very conservative community. If something too explicit, or "radical," or contrary to the sensibilities of a conservative readership were to appear, there would be relative outrage. I'm trying to remember an article that ran in the Forum within the past year that received such a reception by angry readers. It was something that at least some readers found to risqué for Fargo's community family-friendly newspaper. Horrors if there isn't enough fluff about some do-gooder or some medical misfortune that the community needs to rally behind (not that there's anything wrong with that). I guess it's just that I'm cynical and not a fan of the conservative climate. Alas, I will admit that I'm a liberal even though I will probably be stoned for it.

Nah---They're under no obligation to protect or serve. Want the link? (It was a SCOTUS ruling---Warren vs the District of Columbia)

(Bolded By Me)

A link would have been nice. I found it on my own though. Thank you so much for everything. All these years together have really been worth it. :Banane35: :nuts::nuts:

So it seems as though CM did give an interview and make statements that Tommy did leave the party house about 3:40 AM. Yet to my knowledge JW has not made any statements. However he is the one that Tommy went to school with from his hometown. Being that JW is one year ahead of him he was probably trusting him to show him around and where to go. Yet JW does not seem instrumental in finding him or finding what happened, at least publicly.

I find it hard to believe that it would be so casual about Tommy leaving at 3:40 AM. This place where the party was is small (1200 sq ft). At that time there couldn't be that many people still there.

JMO
Exactly. CM is interviewed but no mention of interviewing JW, the very person who sends a help Tweet using TB's Twitter account and possibly TB's phone? JW has to have been interviewed. I get the feeling there have been lots of interviews and someone is talking.

I got scolded by other users in my first post by questioning WHY Andrew Sadek or TB weren't receiving more press about a week ago. I am mortified as a mother of a college freshman boy that more people aren't demanding answers! You better believe I would be making an a#s out of myself if this were my child.

Andrew Sadek not only had rocks in his backpack but it was also STRAPPED on his body so it didn't fall off. He also had a life "planned..." He was going to continue his schooling & had a girlfriend, etc... He was murdered & the LE were/are complicit. They were holding FELONY charges over his head unless he worked with them as an informant. A week after he disappears, they pull out YEAR old charges on him? Why? So people would say... "Poor kid... He was in legal trouble so he committed suicide." Or think his life mattered less because he was selling drugs... You know what? It worked.

Andrew's only sibling died in a car accident & because of that, he was very sensitive to his mother. When we all tried to tell her he was hiding & on-the-lam, she'd say, "If he could, he WOULD call me to wish me a happy Mother's Day." She knew & felt he was gone but WANTED to believe he was alive & had ran away.. What an awful way to treat her.. Imagine her heartache? Then when he was found, the LE at NDSCS said that his autopsy was "not a big priority." His toxicology came back NEGATIVE for drugs of ANY kind.

No resolution to his case & nothing is going on. They haven't even returned Andrew's laptop to her! It's really, really disgusting.

I am hoping for better results for the Bearson family... I'm hoping MN & FBI will be more competent than the LE who handled Andrew's case...

I'm done ranting. I know this thread isn't about Andrew but in a way it kind of is....

(BBM) (Hug), Oh now that wasn't a rant. I know how to rant believe me. I slowed down and took the time to read your post here carefully and it doesn't come across as a rant it comes across as a truly heartfelt expression of the frustration you are feeling over AS's case.

My thoughts certainly go to you and his family as you all grieve this tremendous loss.

So far I have not followed Andrew's case but after reading your post it certainly sounds like it needs some media attention. I have no idea if Andrew's family is financially well set in the community or struggles however; I know in our little humble town, I've seen it first hand when police come down very hard on families who don't have money, live in run down houses, trailer courts, ect...
It seems this type of biased behavior has become common in America. Low income people get the short end of the stick.

If I were her I would go to the media and I would start demanding some answers, some records ect...That's a very sad situation.

Exactly. CM is interviewed but no mention of interviewing JW, the very person who sends a help Tweet using TB's Twitter account and possibly TB's phone? JW has to have been interviewed. I get the feeling there have been lots of interviews and someone is talking.

And why not? There is absolutely NOTHING stopping the media from having a 60 minutes style interview with those young men. Sit them down at a nice coffee table with some hot, bright lights and a really experienced interviewer, (they could certainly call me) and just GRILL them for a few hot seconds.

Close up camera shots.

I want to see it.

I think JW lawyered-up immediately. I've been watching the St Cloud press and no real interviews out of there either. Perhaps no one really relevant to the case is accessible (or willing to talk). I do find it odd that TB's family isn't talking yet. I don't mean to judge, but unless I knew my son's murderer(s) I would be as active trying to find who's responsible as I would have been trying to find him when he was missing. As a previous poster said, he would be camped out in Fargo until the responsible persons were found. I would, too. In fact, I would probably get LE pissed off at me by my doing my own searching or I would hire a PI. I just could not be "absent." But people handle grief and tragedy differently so who's to say. It's just my perspective.

And why not? There is absolutely NOTHING stopping the media from having a 60 minutes style interview with those young men. Sit them down at a nice coffee table with some hot, bright lights and a really experienced interviewer, (they could certainly call me) and just GRILL them for a few hot seconds.

Close up camera shots.

I want to see it.
I'll grab the bright lights and the camera. Lets go.

I think JW lawyered-up immediately. I've been watching the St Cloud press and no real interviews out of there either. Perhaps no one really relevant to the case is accessible (or willing to talk). I do find it odd that TB's family isn't talking yet. I don't mean to judge, but unless I knew my son's murderer(s) I would be as active trying to find who's responsible as I would have been trying to find him when he was missing. As a previous poster said, he would be camped out in Fargo until the responsible persons were found. I would, too. In fact, I would probably get LE pissed off at me by my doing my own searching or I would hire a PI. I just could not be "absent." But people handle grief and tragedy differently so who's to say. It's just my perspective.

For some reason the family's lack of response doesn't bother me. As you say, each person handles grief differently. Do you recall your grandparents ever saying, "Well, he's the doctor, he knows best." Some people are from that line of thinking and if an authority tells them they have it handled or to just, 'sit tight', then that's what they do.

Not me. They would be calling in the National Guard when I showed up. I'd rock that block and that house until those boys all wished they had run off to be boy scouts in a different land. Whoever did this would give up and request protective custody. But then, that's my personality. Some people are nicer than I am. :D Actually a whole big % of people are nicer than I am! :D

Watching the media press conference where the police let the media know they had found the body did me in, i wanted to jump through the screen and start asking questions. It was upsetting. They handled the Sadek case the same way.

Nice to hear your perspective as a former reporter. Glad to hear that when you were reporting you guys would have been out there looking for info. It saddens me to think that politics run the paper to that degree.

I guess it kind of makes me mad too the paper didn't go to JW and others who claim to have been at the party the day Tom was reported missing, before anyone had a lawyer etc.

I am wondering if LE got a search warrant and looked inside the house where Tommy was reportedly at for his shoe and phone. Also look for any of his DNA or signs of a scuffle there.

Just Wondering

I wonder if someone in JW's family is a lawyer, or if a family friend is a lawyer. It seems like he is just waiting for a knock at the door and won't volunteer anything.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member