ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My blood sugar is a little low, so I'm not so quick thinking tonight...I'm missing what the point of your post is. Can you clarify?

The geographical profiling.

Israel Keyes would fly across the country just to drive to some other place far away to do the crime.

Ted Bundy traveled all over as well.

That is why it was really hard to figure them out . And Keyes victims were all idfferent ages. Bundy seemed to choose females that got younger as he continued to offend.

You have your opinion and I have mine, but thanks for sharing yours anyway. I do know that in the fields themselves there are armed guards and fencing around the sites. Wonder why? Friends of ours who work there talk about the conditions, of churches allowing people to sleep on their property because they have no where to go. Just yesterday a friend was telling me about her minister, through his prison ministry, going to visit workers who are now in prison for crimes committed. One of those he visits is Sherry Arnolds' accused murderer.

The crime statistics in our area, The Black Hills, shows the influx of those traveling through. Where you live, people panhandling at the Wal-Mart entrance may be an everyday, expected occurrence. Not so here. Our local discussions have been about feeding people who are hungry and the municipalities in this area have helped people with gas to continue traveling. Those who commit crimes are still in the jails awaiting trial.

At this time it is not known, by gen pop, who murdered T B. Was it someone he knew or was it a chance encounter with a transient? TBD

I know what Woodward, Oklahoma was like during their oil boom, I have family that still lives there. I see the difference between how Woodward was and Williston is now. Vast difference.

Yup. I posted the pics of the man camps up above. No running water. I posted the crime issues as well. They are documented.

You who are living it know exactly what the repercussions are.

So so so many issues and more to come if things cannot be stopped by the brave and courageous.

The geographical profiling.

Israel Keyes would fly across the country just to drive to some other place far away to do the crime.

Ted Bundy traveled all over as well.

That is why it was really hard to figure them out . And Keyes victims were all idfferent ages. Bundy seemed to choose females that got younger as he continued to offend.

Have you researched geographic profiling? Do you understand what it is?

hi,
are you for geographic profileing?

Oh yes. Absolutely.

This is part of what I wrote earlier. "Occam's razor and geographic profiling are like diamonds and pearls to me. In all the reading I've done over the years it is my expert opinion that we can tell more about the crime from the behavior than from trying to think like the criminal."

I live in williston
Its not bad lived all life
Boom cleaned stuff up before we had a big meth problem now they really are cracking on drugs

People are busy so crime at bad if u stay out of strip clubs

I'm not ashamed to show my ignorance. I always thought that geographic profiling was used for serial crimes (serial killers, multiple burglaries, robberies, arsons, etc.). How is it used in a case like this that is seemingly an isolated murder? TIA

The laws on this are very clear. Federal and state.

Well, they are saying Hannah Graham is an abduction without a body with intent to defile.

I think if he is dead in another state, he certainly did not choose to go there and die. If he went there willingly, as it appears Hannah went with her abductor, it does not matter once you are missing or deceased. You are no longer willing. Hence, you are kidnapped.

This is from the study you linked. I am saying that Bundy and Israel Keyes do not fit into this model. It is useful for lots of things but then the crazy perp comes out of nowhere to throw everyone.The quoted article follows from your link

Developed from research conducted at Simon Fraser University's School of Criminology and rooted in the pathbreaking work of Brantingham and Brantingham (1981), the methodology is based on a model that describes the hunting behavior of the offender. The criminal geographic targeting (CGT) program uses overlapping distance-decay functions centered on each crime location to produce jeopardy surfaces—three-dimensional probability surfaces that indicate the area where the offender probably lives. The distance-decay concept (see chapter 1) conveys the idea that people, including criminals, generally take more short trips and fewer long trips in the course of their daily lives, which may include criminal activities. Thus overlapping distance-decay functions are sets of curves expressing this phenomenon and suggesting, for example, that it is more likely that offenders live close to the sites of their crimes than far away. Probability surfaces can be displayed on both two- and three-dimensional color isopleth maps, which then provide a focus for investigative efforts (see chapter 1 for a description of isopleth maps).

This research has led to the development of Rigel, a computerized geographic profiling workstation that incorporates an analytic engine, GIS capability, database management, and powerful visualization tools. Crime locations, which are broken down by type (e.g., victim encounter, murder, and body dump sites for a murder), are entered by address, latitude/longitude, or digitization. Scenarios wherein crime locations are weighted based on certain theoretical and methodological principles are created next and examined. The addresses of suspects can then be evaluated according to their "hit" percentage on a probability chart known as a z-score histogram, which can prioritize registered sex offenders, other known criminals, task force tips, and other information contained in databases.

Well, they are saying Hannah Graham is an abduction without a body with intent to defile.

I think if he is dead in another state, he certainly did not choose to go there and die. If he went there willingly, as it appears Hannah went with her abductor, it does not matter once you are missing or deceased. You are no longer willing. Hence, you are kidnapped.

If I'm from ND, go to NY and get mugged and killed, will the FBI become involved because I crossed state lines? No. Will they consider me kidnapped since I no longer wanted to be there when I was getting killed? No. If TB willing went into Mn and at some point decided he didn't want to be there and was being held against his will, then he was kidnapped while he was in MN., not North Dakota. Ergo he was kidnapped and killed in Mn---has nothing to do with crossing state lines.

Perhaps this will help. I don't believe this is the thread for me to launch into an educational tutorial on Geographic profiling. If you are reading this post then you obviously have access to the World Wide Web and as such, access to as much information on this subject as you might entertain yourselves with this evening. Rather than ask me to explain it to you, go read and research.

I've spent ten years researching this subject.

Here is yet another link on this subject;

http://www.drmauricegodwin.com/defaultmain.html

This says it does not matter if victim was dead or alive when crossing state lines. Is the FBI involved in this? Does anyone know?

http://www.shouselaw.com/nevada/federal-kidnapping.html

The local news has reported that the FBI has been involved since the beginning of the investigation, before they even found the body. But they did not say publicly the FBI was involved until the next day (evening) after they found TBs body. Some headlines read like the FBI didn't get involved until after the body was found, but quotes from LE on another article had them saying they had been involved the whole time. Not on regular computer so hard to do links etc. right now. Reporting has been confusing on that, can't guarantee I figured that out but I think so.

Interesting stuff about geographic profiling, I'd never heard of this before, learning new things!

This says it does not matter if victim was dead or alive when crossing state lines. Is the FBI involved in this? Does anyone know?

http://www.shouselaw.com/nevada/federal-kidnapping.html

I applaud your obvious extreme interest in attempting to understand this very complex issue. My suggestion now would be to go review the Dru Sjodin case as it pertains DIRECTLY to this issue and Minnesota and North Dakota specifically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GregoryImmep