ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he was killed for his possessions. He either got into some confrontation with people from the party (over who knows what) OR it is gang related like the Forum article suggested: "investigators are following up on a number of tips from the public, including information Bearson could have been attacked as some sort of gang initiation ritual."
Source: http://www.inforum.com/content/caut...slain-ndsu-students-body-police-still-have-no

So, there's another murder there that has not been solved. Kinda frightening.

I've frequented the board for a few years but never posted. So here goes. Just a thought.
If he was attacked by random strangers they would have no real reason to move the body, as they are already unknown to the victim. Why take the chance in moving him if you don't need to. His body had to have been moved because he was with people he knew, who panicked and had to move him from a location he was known to have been at. He was lifted over a fence and that takes more than 1 person.
I live in the St. Cloud area and know some details which haven't been released. Some may be rumors but they are from credible sources. I think LE is withholding some stuff they would like to make public but for the families sake wanted to wait until the funeral. This is just a very sad case and justice needs to be served.

(BBM) This is an interesting post for several reasons, but mostly because of this statement. If you are not a member of LE, or part of the investigation and you haven't been instructed by LE to withhold this information, then I say have at it.

Go on ahead and post what you have here and just MAYBE it will help solve this. Don't use names or enough information to identify any innocent people. Follow the terms of service for the forum. But by all means, dump your laundry basket.

I've frequented the board for a few years but never posted. So here goes. Just a thought.
If he was attacked by random strangers they would have no real reason to move the body, as they are already unknown to the victim. Why take the chance in moving him if you don't need to. His body had to have been moved because he was with people he knew, who panicked and had to move him from a location he was known to have been at. He was lifted over a fence and that takes more than 1 person.
I live in the St. Cloud area and know some details which haven't been released. Some may be rumors but they are from credible sources. I think LE is withholding some stuff they would like to make public but for the families sake wanted to wait until the funeral. This is just a very sad case and justice needs to be served.

Great 1st post!! ( why does it say you have 0 posts when you obviously have at least one?) :thinking:

:welcome6:

nltd777 - It sounds like we have the exact same information and it came at the same time. Whether or not you want to share it is up to you, but I promised myself I wouldn't mention it until LE have released the information. Reasons being that it could easily be traced back to a few specific sources and I don't think the information is anything that would help anyone aside from LE solve the case, and if they thought it would they would have made it public. Again, up to you, but it's definitely not going to come from me.

:goodpost:

BBM I respect the fact that you don't want to harm an investigation. Something said in the wrong place, at the wrong time, could give the Defense leverage in a trial. Welcome to Websleuths.

nltd7777 - It sounds like we have the exact same information and it came at the same time. Whether or not you want to share it is up to you, but I promised myself I wouldn't mention it until LE have released the information. Reasons being that it could easily be traced back to a few specific sources and I don't think the information is anything that would help anyone aside from LE solve the case, and if they thought it would they would have made it public. Again, up to you, but it's definitely not going to come from me.

(BBM) This is an interesting post for several reasons, but mostly because of this statement. If you are not a member of LE, or part of the investigation and you haven't been instructed by LE to withhold this information, then I say have at it.

Go on ahead and post what you have here and just MAYBE it will help solve this. Don't use names or enough information to identify any innocent people. Follow the terms of service for the forum. But by all means, dump your laundry basket.

I really need to think about whether or not I want to air what I actually know. I wouldn't like things to come back to me. I also enjoy this board and after just signing up don't want to be kicked off. Or perhaps let a killer get away with murder.
I can say I know the cause of death. I can also say the family had someone do a private autopsy, because they wanted to be sure what was going on. Not that they didn't entirely trust LE. I do know some stuff that has gone on with the investigation, who has been cleared and who has been spoken to.
From what I heard LE was going to wait until Wednesday to release any details if they are going to at all.
I am aware of some other tidbits but want to be sure I'm not letting too much out of the bag.

nltd777 - It sounds like we have the exact same information and it came at the same time. Whether or not you want to share it is up to you, but I promised myself I wouldn't mention it until LE have released the information. Reasons being that it could easily be traced back to a few specific sources and I don't think the information is anything that would help anyone aside from LE solve the case, and if they thought it would they would have made it public. Again, up to you, but it's definitely not going to come from me.

I couldn't disagree more. This case needs public pressure and the only way to get that is with information. Stick to the terms of service but instead of being vague and eluding to the information, put it out there. If your information can HELP then you are negligent in not sharing it.

Also, if two people on here know this information, then I can tell you with 100% certainty that a WHOLE LOT more people know the same information. Small towns spread info like a dry grass fire.

I doubt at this point you would be sharing anything that was highly coveted.

I couldn't disagree more. This case needs public pressure and the only way to get that is with information. Stick to the terms of service but instead of being vague and eluding to the information, put it out there. If your information can HELP then you are negligent in not sharing it.

NEGLIGENT for not sharing it? Are you kidding? Negligent would be carelessly slipping a bunch of unreleased information on the internet for anyone to see. Here's a scenario for you: the perp monitors this thread and someone blasts the cause of death so they know exactly which tracks they still have to cover. Rest assured, the information will come out when it's appropriate and there's probably a pretty good reason LE doesn't want the perps to know what they know.

NEGLIGENT for not sharing it? Are you kidding? Negligent would be carelessly slipping a bunch of unreleased information on the internet for anyone to see. Here's a scenario for you: the perp monitors this thread and someone blasts the cause of death so they know exactly which tracks they still have to cover. Rest assured, the information will come out when it's appropriate and there's probably a pretty good reason LE doesn't want the perps to know what they know.

If you don't work for LE, then any information you currently have is not in the 'release or not release' category. It's simply information that you have.

Actually, none of it matters. If you don't want to share your information that is completely up to you. But why even mention it then? Why mention it on here at all? Why not just send a private message to that other member.

Some of this doesn't make any sense.

Also, if you feel you and you alone hold information on this case that is critical to helping a 'perp' cover his/her/their tracks then you need to shut the computer off, get in your car and drive on down to the local law enforcement center and tell them what you've got. Otherwise, yes, negligence comes right to mind.

Honestly, private messaging didn't even occur to me until after I posted. Still new here.

Also, if two people on here know this information, then I can tell you with 100% certainty that a WHOLE LOT more people know the same information. Small towns spread info like a dry grass fire.

I doubt at this point you would be sharing anything that was highly coveted.

The info couldn't be too confidential and secretive, could it. :floorlaugh:

I definitely am not going to say anymore than I already have. After thinking about it, what I know isn't going to help anyone solve this crime. LE already knows what I know.
I guess I posted what I know because people were coming up with theories that just weren't correct or made TB out to look like someone he was not. I am guessing that some people just want to know information to appease their curiosity. They can't take what I know and go solve this crime. I hope I haven't upset the apple cart.

All I can think of is what this poor kid went through and how horrible it is. And let's be honest he may have been an adult, technically speaking, but he was just a kid. He had his whole life in front of him. It's just very sad.

Out of respect for the family and the investigators who are trying to do a job I will just have to bite my tongue.
I hope this crime gets solved fast and I have confidence in LE that they will solve it.

I definitely am not going to say anymore than I already have. After thinking about it, what I know isn't going to help anyone solve this crime. LE already knows what I know.
I guess I posted what I know because people were coming up with theories that just weren't correct or made TB out to look like someone he was not. I am guessing that some people just want to know information to appease their curiosity. They can't take what I know and go solve this crime. I hope I haven't upset the apple cart.

All I can think of is what this poor kid went through and how horrible it is. And let's be honest he may have been an adult, technically speaking, but he was just a kid. He had his whole life in front of him. It's just very sad.

Out of respect for the family and the investigators who are trying to do a job I will just have to bite my tongue.
I hope this crime gets solved fast and I have confidence in LE that they will solve it.

Can I ask you a general question? Do you think LE has enough information to solve this case? Just asking for your opinion.

I believe it could be that LE has DNA evidence that they are waiting for results. Results take time. Many times LE knows exactly who the POI is yet don't have the proof to connect them to the crime yet. Once arrested, the criminals "rights" kick in for speedy trial and so on. I would much rather LE do a good thorough job in it's investigation, than press conferences carefully crafting what they are not saying. So when the arrest happens it's all in the search warrants and probable cause.

JMO's

I believe it could be that LE has DNA evidence that they are waiting for results. Results take time. Many times LE knows exactly who the POI is yet don't have the proof to connect them to the crime yet. Once arrested, the criminals "rights" kick in for speedy trial and so on. I would much rather LE do a good thorough job in it's investigation, than press conferences carefully crafting what they are not saying. So when the arrest happens it's all in the search warrants and probable cause.

JMO's

I would say your opinion is excellent.

Y

I am not going to report your posts, but on here it is considered to be "baiting".

That means that you go," Haha. I have info but I am not going to tell you.

It is against TOS.

And if you have actual info, tell LE because that is how criminals get away with stuff. Prople don't memtion something.

I agree with you.
Its best to let the authorities continue their investigation.
We all sure want to know what happened but we should just have a little more patience and wait.
The truth will out.
If you need to tell someone you can always private message a person who promises to keep it to themselves, but then you would have to absolutely trust them and if they are not a friend then who do you trust.
I have a person on here I do that already and I think I have her trust.
But you have to take a chance but you can never trust nobody in this day and age. Its a shame.
If they get to the point where they do not tell us and we think they are covering up then maybe you can tell then.
Right now I'd stay quiet and let them do their work for a little while longer
Let them run the show for now.

That I'm not sure of. I would imagine they a lot of physical evidence that was present with the body. The smallest details can make a huge difference. Especially nowadays with how far the science to an investigation has come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState