ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:wagon: :fireworks: Things just got off on the wrong foot here, that's the problem with reading a post, you can't hear the tone of someone's voice.

Everything is fine and you are more than welcome here as is everyone else! You have valuable input and also I think it's a healthy venue to express our fears, concerns and questions.

My friends and family don't want to hear it. So birds of a feather.

It's all good. Thanks

:wagon: :fireworks: Things just got off on the wrong foot here, that's the problem with reading a post, you can't hear the tone of someone's voice.

Everything is fine and you are more than welcome here as is everyone else! You have valuable input and also I think it's a healthy venue to express our fears, concerns and questions.

My friends and family don't want to hear it. So birds of a feather.

Might be a good idea for anyone who thinks a poster posted something they shouldn't have, to send that person a private message rather than post it here and make someone who's new feel unwelcome. Especially since there are so many new posters on this thread and they seem to have a lot to contribute. We were all new here at some point and it's not enjoyable if right off the bat you don't feel welcome.

I know Tom was having problems with his phone--pretty sure both friends and family have said this. When the friends that were going to drive him to Sartell on Saturday tried calling him around noon, his phone was either off or dead (correct me if I'm wrong). We know that his phone pinged at Larry's RV. So one could assume that it pinged at Larry's before it must have died or been shut off sometime before noon Saturday. I doubt the killer/s would be moving a dead body during daylight. Sun rose at 7:12AM that day, so if we are to believe the last people he was with, he died between 3:40AM - 7AM. It's possible he could have been killed before 3:40AM, but then his friends had to have known or been involved with his death to be lying. I know the experts are very good about narrowing time of death, even if the body has been there for a few days. Obviously if it was before 3AM that day, the people he was with that night would be looking quite suspicious.

Do you think the last tweet earlier in the night makes the people he was with look suspicious, or do you think that is a coincidence? To me it looks suspicious because it could be setting the stage that makes it look like someone could easily get lost later if they got lost earlier. I am wondering if JW just said it was a joke and it really was a coincidence or not.

Good point about the phone not working right, and the times.

Did Tom have a laptop or desktop computer?
Are cell phones internet connected so they don't they regular computers?
I still like laptops so I think most college students still have desktop and laptop computers. Don't they?

Did Tom have a car that was working? If so, why were JW and possible at least one other person with him away from the house at 11:30? Was it to pick him up because he didn't want to be driving later maybe? Or were they meeting up someplace for some other reason? Or JW (and possibly others) just went to visit TB just to visit, and then they ended up all going someplace together?

Do you think the tweet earlier in the night makes the people he was with look suspicious, or do you think that is a coincidence? To me it looks suspicious because it could be setting the stage that makes it look like someone could easily get lost later if they got lost earlier. I am wondering if JW just said it was a joke and it really was a coincidence.
OCG, anything is possible. Kids and Young Adults today are extremely savvy with Social Media. The "suspicious vs coincidence" question is a good one. I tend to believe the former is the answer, in my opinion. I've seen SM used to manipulate, connive, and shame others. It really can be wicked.

Do you think the last tweet earlier in the night makes the people he was with look suspicious, or do you think that is a coincidence? To me it looks suspicious because it could be setting the stage that makes it look like someone could easily get lost later if they got lost earlier. I am wondering if JW just said it was a joke and it really was a coincidence or not.

Good point about the phone not working right, and the times.

Yeah he was either being overly dramatic in saying they were gonna die or he was covering something up. It seems more likely that he was just joking / being dramatic. I know the tweet looks suspicious...I just have a hard time believing a friend from back home would want to harm him. Plus, it looks a little incriminating using his own name. You wouldn't really want anything to do with his last known communication if you planned on harming him.

Did Tom have a car that was working? If so, why were JW and possible at least one other person with him away from the house at 11:30? Was it to pick him up because he didn't want to be driving later maybe? Or were they meeting up someplace for some other reason? Or JW (and possibly others) just went to visit TB just to visit, and then they ended up all going someplace together?
Whose car was TB driving when he got pulled over for a DUI and did the police confiscate it?
and does anyone know who TB's roomate was?
Does NDSU assign each student a roomate or are there singles?

Whose car was TB driving when he got pulled over for a DUI and did the police confiscate it?
and does anyone know who TB's roomate was?
Does NDSU assign each student a roomate or are there singles?

NDSU usually has roommates assigned as incoming freshman unless you signed up specifying with your own roommate preference. I think Reed Hall where he lived, which is located at the northern end of campus up by the sports fields, has standard dorm rooms and not suites so would just be two to a room. (I'm a former NDSU student who lived up by Reed Hall in North Weible.)

I am sure all of the posts about being made to feel unwelcome are because of me.

A young man has died and quite frankly, I was upset because it appeared that the poster was castigating people and trying to imply that s/he knew things and the rest of us just go away because no way would we know anything nor should we.

It is against TOS to say that you know things and are not going to give out the info.

We are mostly anonymous people on here, so what an anonymous person ( me) says should not hurt any feelings.

This is a boy in college just like my grandson

Going to college should not be a death sentence,

Whose roommate is a roommate of who is confidential and proably should remain so. The roomate would know the most I think of his thoughts and actions more than anyone else on campus and I'm sure the authorities have already interviewed him.

whose roomate is a roomate of who is confidential and proably should remain so. The roomate would know the most I think of his thoughts and actions more than anyone else on campus and I'm surre the authorities have already interviewed him.

Everyone in Reed Hall knows who is roommates with whom so it's nothing confidential. My daughter had a roommate her first semester of college whom she did not know before college and they never really became close . Neither knew what the other was doing as they each had their own set of friends. His roommate may know absolutely nothing. He may have even gone home for the weekend and wasn't even around when this happened.

Just wanted to say that what a previous poster said - re that this new member has unreleased info and therefore many others in town likely do too - I totally agree with. It can seem farfetched that all these folk know details importaint to the case when LE are stumped themselves, I would have had trouble believing in the the past too. But I saw it firsthand following the murder of Skylar Neese and those who also did will have seen it too. The kids at Skylers school and the people in her town suspected and accused the 2 perps long, LONG before LE figured it out.

For Tom's case, I keep thinking about the tweet I posted a few days ago, written by his childhood friend. It was written specifically speaking to toms killer and worded like the writer knew who he was directing it at. It had many retweets and favours from the other people tom knew and had in his life. Like they also suspected someone particulalrly. If they do have a suspect I'm sure its probably been shared with LE and they're either bluffing with their public statements or maybe not taking the friends seriously?? Nobody took Skylars friends seriously at first and in that case the perps CAR was on video where Skylar was last seen!! But LE chased a totally different lead and took months to figure out the car she got in when last seen was indeed the car belonging to her best friend!

Just wanted to say that what a previous poster said - re that this new member has unreleased info and therefore many others in town likely do too - I totally agree with. It can seem farfetched that all these folk know details importaint to the case when LE are stumped themselves, I would have had trouble believing in the the past too. But I saw it firsthand following the murder of Skylar Neese and those who also did will have seen it too. The kids at Skylers school and the people in her town suspected and accused the 2 perps long, LONG before LE figured it out.

For Tom's case, I keep thinking about the tweet I posted a few days ago, written by his childhood friend. It was written specifically speaking to toms killer and worded like the writer knew who he was directing it at. It had many retweets and favours from the other people tom knew and had in his life. Like they also suspected someone particulalrly. If they do have a suspect I'm sure its probably been shared with LE and they're either bluffing with their public statements or maybe not taking the friends seriously?? Nobody took Skylars friends seriously at first and in that case the perps CAR was on video where Skylar was last seen!! But LE chased a totally different lead and took months to figure out the car she got in when last seen was indeed the car belonging to her best friend!

Wow!! Very interesting. Thanks for posting this.

In the case of Holly Bobo who was abducted in March of 2011 LE had been told by many local residents who was involved. On the local Topix blog that has been having posts since the day she was taken (which cannot be comingled here). But because there was no proof it has taken three years for someone to come forward. There was even a $250,000 reward offered. LE just cannot make an arrest stick without substantial proof. So just this year they are rounding up the whole "A-Train" that the whole town knew were involved...finally.

But I do think this case will be resolved much faster than that one. But it does show that patience to get the evidence is a virtue. The evidence not only has to be good enough for an arrest, but also trial and possible appeals. It's sad that after the victim is gone, the criminals get all the "rights".

JMO's

Link to Holly's case:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-found-deceased-discussion-thread-*Arrests*-5

I am wondering if TB didn't leave the house with JW to go and pick up some "party supplies". After leaving got "lost" looking for the "party supply" location, thus texting "I'm lost". At around 11:00 ish. Telling JW to call the third number (the party supply store) and text back after calling. I am wondering who the number is that he told him to call? Does this make any sense?

JMO's

I've been wondering something similar, but it never occurred to me that the 3rd party might not be with JW and TB. I've been thinking since it was first brought up who the number was registered to that it sounded like a burner bought by someone using the name Smith. If they were looking for "party supplies" he may have been completely serious about them dying. MOO

Hey,
New to this site. I live near Sartell MN, but am also very familiar with the Fargo/Moorhead area. Been there many times. I have nieces and nephews from the Sartell area......rumors, and we can take that for what its worth, say that Tom and his friends took some drugs and that Tom "wigged out" and the friends panicked. Don't really know how to read that, but kids talk to each other and that's what is rumored. Also, there is drug use in that Fargo/Moorhead area. There was a recent drug bust involving 2 sisters from the Zimmerman MN area. They were busted in Grand Forks ND with meth. http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/02/01/minnesota-sisters-arrested-for-selling-drugs-in-nd/
There is also a lot of traffic from Chicago and Minneapolis to the oil boom areas..........which takes them right thru Fargo/Moorhead on Interstate Hwy 94. Those of you not from this area.......Most people take 94 to get to the oil boom areas. The Fargo/Moorhead area is a pit stop along the way, for many people. I know many college students that go to NDSU/MSU/Concordia.......there is definitely drug use! And there is definitely out of towners in the area at all times!

Below is a news item about no arrests yet.

http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/26670397/still-no-arrests-in-bearson-murder-investigators-say-it-takes-time

When the LE mentions that it is hard to say if the killer of TB is a threat to the public or not due to being so much unknown...I do not believe necessarily that this means that they do not have a suspect/suspects in their sites, but believe they are not entirely confident that the killer will not kill again or do harm to himself/herself and harm others in the process.

I do not see time stamps on the tweets. Is that normal?
What time was the tweet that JW sent to CM saying that they were lost?
I think I've read two different times. I think one time I read that it was at 1:23 AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karmalicious478