ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then? What are we to make of all this.

Did any of you research geographic profiling today? That was your assignment.

:wagon: <------IBSleuthin "Yap.....yap.....yap.....yap.....yap.....yap.....y ap.....yap"

Yes, but just look at how happy I am. At least I'm not that one, second from the left that needs a Ritalin/Benadryl drip.

Well then? What are we to make of all this.

Did any of you research geographic profiling today? That was your assignment.

You're apparently a lot more educated on geographic profiling than I am, so I'd like a bit of clarification, if you don't mind. I can see using the last place seen, the place the crime actually took place and the place where the body was left to help determine where the offender is from. My question is how do you use it in a case like this where we know the last place he was seen (other than by the person/people who killed him), we know (possibly) that he was headed home, and we know where his body was left, but don't know where he was picked up or where he was killed? I realize there's a lot more to it than just that, but it's the place I seem to be stuck right now. TIA

Thanks for the response. That's pretty much how I think about cases, but I've never realized there was a name for it. Unfortunately, I'm more likely to come up with a long list of people that I'm sure didn't do it than one person that I'm sure did. Alanna was an exception there, I was pretty sure of him before he was arrested. Because I'm never 100% sure, I'll almost never even seriously suggest that someone is guilty because I'd hate to do it and be wrong.

Inviting outside contact or alluding to "private" additional information:

&#8220;Inviting&#8221; is termed as a post where you invite other members to contact you to find out more information, rather than post it in the forum. This is not allowed and any posts with emails or invitations to contact for more information will either be edited or deleted entirely.This includes use of the Private Message system via comments such as &#8220;Check your PMs&#8221; or &#8220;PM me&#8221; posted in discussion threads. Think about it - it's like whispering into someone's ear while you are at a table full of other people. If you want to have a private conversation just have it, don't announce it. Additionally,please don't drop hints or post on the board that you know something or are privy to inside information but you won't or can't post it.
If you can't post it, don't.

I have no experience with criminal profiling. However, I could believe that the person who did this may be familiar with the RV business - either this one or others in town. Otherwise, why not leave TB in a ditch or some other random place? Does anyone from the Fargo area know of other RV businesses in the area, and if they have any connections to the main characters of this case? What are the other RV businesses in town?

I have no experience with criminal profiling. However, I could believe that the person who did this may be familiar with the RV business - either this one or others in town. Otherwise, why not leave TB in a ditch or some other random place? Does anyone from the Fargo area know of other RV businesses in the area, and if they have any connections to the main characters of this case? What are the other RV businesses in town?

There is a very large MCLAUGHLIN's RV store in Fargo and Detroit Lakes. They are perhaps the biggest in the area?

Today marks 4 weeks since they found Tom, hopefully they have more details soon. Initially LE said forensic results would be a couple weeks but then amended it to say several weeks. It's concerning to me that the media request for the public to help find his shoe and phone have yielded zero results.

Today marks 4 weeks since they found Tom, hopefully they have more details soon. Initially LE said forensic results would be a couple weeks but then amended it to say several weeks. It's concerning to me that the media request for the public to help find his shoe and phone have yielded zero results.

They're probably long gone and no one will ever find them. Whoever did this probably had them at one point but knew to dispose of them asap.

Why isn't the media all over this case? Hannah Graham makes national nightly news, which is the way it should be HOWEVER... there just is not the same level of horror/indignation when the young college student is male? I am confused and sad. [emoji17] Prayers for the family

Why isn't the media all over this case? Hannah Graham makes national nightly news, which is the way it should be HOWEVER... there just is not the same level of horror/indignation when the young college student is male? I am confused and sad. [emoji17] Prayers for the family
To some extent I can understand it. I keep trying to think of things to discuss to keep this thread going, and I'm fresh out of ideas right now. I don't want to just keep posting "No New News" and they probably don't want to either. It would be nice though if they would either interview some of the main characters in the story or let people know that they just don't want to be interviewed. As it is right now, it just seems like they aren't doing their jobs very well. MOO

I don't live in ND or MN. But I am a parent and a grandmother. I have been following this case from missing to now, and I have to tell you all, that this case eats at me bad. I pray that none of us ever experience firsthand what these families are going through, and I pray that they find peace somehow, someway, and justice (though there really isn't any in all reality I feel). When one of my children was a teenager he was "missing" for a week, only to learn he was just out "being a teenager". I frantically kept busy doing all I could to find him, and it was something I couldn't stop until I did, and it kept the bad thoughts away having a "mission". This case has had that effect on me from afar, and I find myself just repeatedly searching and digging. During that, I stumbled across this Websleuth site, and see that I am not alone, and ALL of your input have been tremendous. I decided yesterday to register. Sorry for the schpeel, but I felt I had to say that. I have some thoughts on this case, but I am a newbie, and need to feel my way around here first, and don't want to break any rules, so I'm cautious yet. Thanks to you ALL, you're a great bunch of folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse