ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I can't hold my tongue, obviously....
The suspicious person seen "just looking around" at the RV sales lot was wearing a black baseball cap with green writing, right? Look through friend's of friends social media and you will find a hat picture like that? Wouldn't it be interesting if someone tweeted just gone..... on Sept 22? Why might it be important to say 2 1/2 weeks ago since I saw you? I noticed that Tom's body was found at 11:20 on Sept 23, and by as early as 11:43 word was out enough to tweet goodbye? I am not insinuating anything, these are just things that struck me.
I do not fall for the "lost" or "going to die" tweet being a joke. I sense urgency. I sense that something went awry. I sense that these young people felt they escaped the situation, but maybe it actually followed them and waited, and so sadly found one alone. I don't sense that the quietness of tweets means anything but fear. Even if these "boys" were completely open with LE on what all went down, there still needs to be evidence.

I don't live in ND or MN. But I am a parent and a grandmother. I have been following this case from missing to now, and I have to tell you all, that this case eats at me bad. I pray that none of us ever experience firsthand what these families are going through, and I pray that they find peace somehow, someway, and justice (though there really isn't any in all reality I feel). When one of my children was a teenager he was "missing" for a week, only to learn he was just out "being a teenager". I frantically kept busy doing all I could to find him, and it was something I couldn't stop until I did, and it kept the bad thoughts away having a "mission". This case has had that effect on me from afar, and I find myself just repeatedly searching and digging. During that, I stumbled across this Websleuth site, and see that I am not alone, and ALL of your input have been tremendous. I decided yesterday to register. Sorry for the schpeel, but I felt I had to say that. I have some thoughts on this case, but I am a newbie, and need to feel my way around here first, and don't want to break any rules, so I'm cautious yet. Thanks to you ALL, you're a great bunch of folks!

Welcome to the group!! Can't wait to hear your thoughts and read your posts!! Great first post, by the way.

:welcome4::wagon::greetings:

From my experience with young men, often they scoff amongst themselves like "yeah he's missing alright", because they first assume the person is just not currently wanting to be located because he's off having a good time. But in perusing social media, it seemed that there was a sense of trouble (prior knowledge of SOME sort of incident) amongst many these college twitters/acquaintances even during missing period, and praying, etc. and..... they don't appear to be afraid of each other.

Why the wait until 4:00 am "ish" to take off from the "trap", giving some time and space to what had possibly gone on earlier with the urgency tweet? .....and was that the topic during the just "hanging out and talking" until the time of departure?

remember...."still serious situation though"
Yeah I just don't understand this quote. The use of "still" - does that mean some "situation" that occurred prior to this tweet was serious...and it still hasn't been resolved?

So was somebody angry at TB and maybe JW and made them feel uncomfortable and threatened (hence the tweet for help) and they were picked up and brought to the trap, and then when TB left is when the angry party caught up with TB, maybe was waiting for him. Although this sounds trite, maybe it was about money owed for drugs. People are murdered for even little drug debts all the time, and our region is not excluded. Maybe they were just going to rough TB up and it went to far. I still feel that dumping the body in plain sight knowing it will be found relatively soon is the sign of someone who is not afraid, like someone in a drug ring or gang. No effort was made, apparently, to hide the body because there is easy access to the river and ppl dump bodies there on, unfortunately, a fairly regular basis.

Yeah I just don't understand this quote. The use of "still" - does that mean some "situation" that occurred prior to this tweet was serious...and it still hasn't been resolved?

MOO: Implied that even though Tom HAD been seen AFTER "lost and going to die", it WAS in fact continuing as SERIOUS that he was now missing. Serious situation had not changed even though he had been seen in-between. Not trying to downplay the seriousness of it even though he had been seen. Once again...I think it was serious from the beginning.

So was somebody angry at TB and maybe JW and made them feel uncomfortable and threatened (hence the tweet for help) and they were picked up and brought to the trap, and then when TB left is when the angry party caught up with TB, maybe was waiting for him. Although this sounds trite, maybe it was about money owed for drugs. People are murdered for even little drug debts all the time, and our region is not excluded. Maybe they were just going to rough TB up and it went to far. I still feel that dumping the body in plain sight knowing it will be found relatively soon is the sign of someone who is not afraid, like someone in a drug ring or gang. No effort was made, apparently, to hide the body because there is easy access to the river and ppl dump bodies there on, unfortunately, a fairly regular basis.

This is along the same way my mind is heading with this. It isn't even always about debt, sometimes it could be about failing to buy, or suspicion of being narcs, etc. People selling drugs have their own crazy morals, right? Sometimes I suppose the purpose could be to instill fear/send a message, or it was just done in a hurry, or...interrupted. But it seems to me that....location is indicative of something. Just don't know who or of what?

Seems to me that people were already scared, and when Tom came up missing, that only intensified, and the worse possible scenario was clearly and easily imagined, and then it became a fact. Hopefully those still alive that were scared have enough information on why, and close support and protection. The ol' sayin: Don't shoot the messenger, right??
I know that everyone can make mistakes, and may not always abide by the law, especially the young...but NO one deserves to be murdered.
I could be completely off base, but this is my gut feeling, and I usually trust it.

The leaving in plain sight is very concerning.

Arrogance for sure.

I hope they get the son of a gun who did this!!!

Okay, I had another thought; whether or not it's a good one remains to be seen. If there was a problem that started before the tweet and ended after TB left the house, I think it really narrows down the area where at least one person responsible for his death lives. I can't see someone just sitting outside the house waiting for him to come out when he could be planning to spend the night there. I also think it's very unlikely that the person/people would still be driving around and just happen to pass by when he was walking those few blocks (even if I did suggest it as a possibility earlier.) It seems to me that the only way it would be really likely to be a continuation of an earlier conflict is if someone involved (or a friend of someone involved) lives between the "trap" and TB's dorm. It just seems much more likely that they would have gone home, or to a friend's home, and maybe saw him passing by while they were sitting around still partying there. MOO

Okay, I had another thought; whether or not it's a good one remains to be seen. If there was a problem that started before the tweet and ended after TB left the house, I think it really narrows down the area where at least one person responsible for his death lives. I can't see someone just sitting outside the house waiting for him to come out when he could be planning to spend the night there. I also think it's very unlikely that the person/people would still be driving around and just happen to pass by when he was walking those few blocks (even if I did suggest it as a possibility earlier.) It seems to me that the only way it would be really likely to be a continuation of an earlier conflict is if someone involved (or a friend of someone involved) lives between the "trap" and TB's dorm. It just seems much more likely that they would have gone home, or to a friend's home, and maybe saw him passing by while they were sitting around still partying there. MOO

VERY VERY good point

Or someone gave him up or framed him (or felt he deserved it) to avoid problems themselves.

Hmmm--What you're saying is certainly a possibility. However, here's what I'm thinking: If he needed/wanted/ got a ride TO the party from the dorm, why would he walk back---especially after drinking and at that hour. Also, someone at the party who was interviewed said when he left he said something about going to hang out with some baseball players. He didn't say he was going back to the dorm. I get the feeling he left the party with someone that had a car or someone with a car picked him up.

I don't personally know any of these people and I do not live near the area. I become engrossed on occasion with cases, and this is one of them. Actually, I first became aware of the "drownings" of all the young college men in that same area. I had never even heard about it until this case, and that piqued my interest first. From what I have searched regarding the "drowning" cases, that just seems too much of a coincidence considering the numbers of victims, so I do NOT believe the accidental drownings theory. We have many young college men where I live and they party just as hard and we have two rivers and none of the young drunk men stumble to the river here and drown. I initially was fearing that Tom would be another one of those. But....scenario changed. That's not to say that motive could be different though. I find it very disturbing that SO many college men are succumbing in that area, because why, how, who? I have a gut feeling that drugs or drug people (including drug enforcement) are included somehow. The draw of money to be made? Fear of bad record affecting future? Tom did have a hefty fine (or at least it may have seemed that way to him), or possibly he was offered a way out of a bad record by compensation somehow? Or...it was just party time, and it went bad due to some bad people/person. I think friends/acquaintances might/hopefully hold the key somehow of where LE needs to dig. I just hope....

I don't personally know any of these people and I do not live near the area. I become engrossed on occasion with cases, and this is one of them. Actually, I first became aware of the "drownings" of all the young college men in that same area. I had never even heard about it until this case, and that piqued my interest first. From what I have searched regarding the "drowning" cases, that just seems too much of a coincidence considering the numbers of victims, so I do NOT believe the accidental drownings theory. We have many young college men where I live and they party just as hard and we have two rivers and none of the young drunk men stumble to the river here and drown. I initially was fearing that Tom would be another one of those. But....scenario changed. That's not to say that motive could be different though. I find it very disturbing that SO many college men are succumbing in that area, because why, how, who? I have a gut feeling that drugs or drug people (including drug enforcement) are included somehow. The draw of money to be made? Fear of bad record affecting future? Tom did have a hefty fine (or at least it may have seemed that way to him), or possibly he was offered a way out of a bad record by compensation somehow? Or...it was just party time, and it went bad due to some bad people/person. I think friends/acquaintances might/hopefully hold the key somehow of where LE needs to dig. I just hope....

I don't think he was offered a way out of a bad record by any compensation. He was charged, pled guilty and received his sentence very quickly. As a matter of fact, he had begun paying the fine the same day in the amount of a $25 payment. (ND Court Record)

ETA: Also a payment plan had been set up by the Court.

Hmmm--What you're saying is certainly a possibility. However, here's what I'm thinking: If he needed/wanted/ got a ride TO the party from the dorm, why would he walk back---especially after drinking and at that hour. Also, someone at the party who was interviewed said when he left he said something about going to hang out with some baseball players. He didn't say he was going back to the dorm. I get the feeling he left the party with someone that had a car or someone with a car picked him up.

VERY good point as well!

I don't think he was offered a way out of a bad record by any compensation. He was charged, pled guilty and received his sentence very quickly. As a matter of fact, he had begun paying the fine the same day in the amount of a $25 payment. (ND Court Record)

ETA: Also a payment plan had been set up by the Court.

I saw a billboard where I live that says a DUI costs $10,000.

There are classes you have to attend. Court costs.

And your car insurance will go sky high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo