ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you all can't get it together, I will be sending some folks on vacation. I see two things going on here - a group of serious sleuthers trying to discuss this case and find out what happened to Tom and a few disruptive members that keep trying to upset the discussion. Those members either need to get serious here, or move on. Enough already. This is no place for egos.

Salem

I'm wondering if the police already know who did it or have a suspect, because this whole time they haven't been asking openly for tips on what happened but instead for the shoe and the phone, as evidence to support their case against that person they have in mind.

The question has been asked if death records in MN are public record.
All Minnesota death records and most Minnesota birth records are public. However, Minnesota Statutes, section 144.225, subdivision 7 limits who can get a birth or death certificate to a person who has tangible interest. Tangible interest helps protect people who are born in Minnesota and the families of people who have died in Minnesota against fraud and identity theft.
http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/chs/osr/tangible.html

The question has been asked if death records in MN are public record.
All Minnesota death records and most Minnesota birth records are public. However, Minnesota Statutes, section 144.225, subdivision 7 limits who can get a birth or death certificate to a person who has tangible interest. Tangible interest helps protect people who are born in Minnesota and the families of people who have died in Minnesota against fraud and identity theft.
http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/chs/osr/tangible.html

No mama! You're mixing up the limited info obtained from a death certificate (the short form death certs won't even list cause of death) with vast information garnered from an autopsy with toxicology report!
They are two different "animals" entirely.
The only thing we're going to see on TB's death cert (the long form) is that he died of violent homicide. And we already know that.
The family of TB May or may not choose to release the autopsy & they have had an additional private (paid) autopsy/tox report done too which they will probably never release.

FWIW, this was no accident. Nope.

All moo

This can help answer many questions about the state of a body when found.

The University of Tennessee, Department of Anthropology, AKA, "The Body Farm".

http://fac.utk.edu/

At this point the assumption would be that because Tom was missing in the early morning hours of Saturday September 20th, 2014 that his ultimate demise was at or near that same time frame or a close proximity thereof.

As such then, following that same assumptive theory of logic, he had passed away and his body then began that state of decomposition from that approximate time frame until it was found on September 23rd.

One unanswered question I have is whether the onlookers have misinterpreted what they saw as the state of his body being a result of massive trauma vs. trauma plus decomposition.

The labeling of 'violent homicide' is not indicative of, nor an accurate description for the force, amount or severity of the violence inflicted to cause the homicide.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/26622277/timeline-of-ndsu-freshman-tom-bearsons-death

A further clue to this issue would be his own obituary which states his date of death as being 09/20/2014. The assumption there would be if the police knew with any certainty or the coroner for that matter knew for certain that he died on a different day, then surely this would have been changed on his obituary. (With the further assumption being that the obituary date was gleaned from the death certificate, which is a legal document).

http://www.danielfuneralhome.com/obituary/thomas-g-bearson-2790/

.....and crickets from all the friends of this popular young man??!!

Seems very strange to me.....

Talked to my son tonight and I told him to please be careful and stay safe. Asked what the feeling was up there about the murder and he said he really hasn't heard anything about it. He also said he really doesn't watch the news either. Granted, he doesn't go to NDSU and goes to the other big college in the area, but apparently no campus warnings or concerns.

It's interesting the family, other than making an initial statement for privacy, has not made more statements. Perhaps they are privy to info we are not.
I find that interesting as well. Other than from the mother of Tom's friend, who wrote the opinion piece about how Tom was portrayed in a news article. She is the only person who has encouraged anyone with information to do the right thing and come forward. Why hasn't the family reached out and made a plea for the public's help in this? There must be a reason, but what is it?

Hmm.. Maybe the LE does, in fact, have a POI & the Bearson family knows who. Perhaps it is someone with Sartell ties & the Bearson's are worried about compromising the case so they (the Bearson family) have not even talked about any developments to Mrs. Fischer thus causing her to believe very little is known about the murderer?

I have to believe it is just as a lot of people have said: LE is laying low until all evidence is back, like DNA & toxicology, etc.. I hope they have kept the Bearson's in the loop & involved to the degree that they want to be. I suspect they have or otherwise I am sure they would be speaking out.

There is some validity to the statement that too little information makes the rumor mills worse with speculation. It is a very fine line to walk, I suspect.

Selfishly, I want to know more. I also want to know our college kids are safe. I am trying to be patient after slightly overreacting initially due to my disappointment with Sadek case.

I wish they would just make an arrest. Like, yesterday!

Hmm.. Maybe the LE does, in fact, have a POI & the Bearson family knows who. Perhaps it is someone with Sartell ties & the Bearson's are worried about compromising the case so they (the Bearson family) have not even talked about any developments to Mrs. Fischer thus causing her to believe very little is known about the murderer?

I have to believe it is just as a lot of people have said: LE is laying low until all evidence is back, like DNA & toxicology, etc.. I hope they have kept the Bearson's in the loop & involved to the degree that they want to be. I suspect they have or otherwise I am sure they would be speaking out.

There is some validity to the statement that too little information makes the rumor mills worse with speculation. It is a very fine line to walk, I suspect.

Selfishly, I want to know more. I also want to know our college kids are safe. I am trying to be patient after slightly overreacting initially due to my disappointment with Sadek case.

I wish they would just make an arrest. Like, yesterday!

One of your best posts ever, MM. I'm on the same track as you are with these thoughts.

It's my understanding the Fischer family is tight with the Bearson clan. Mrs. Fischer is an educated, professional individual who I would expect to be somewhat calculated in her communications. I know that for a fact.

Not blaming the victim & not trying to pass judgements but I'm wondering if TB turned into a different path once high school was over? Maybe he became someone different than the popular jock basketball player during the summer before he started college. And maybe he stayed on this path? I still can't believe basketball was no longer his life & hobby. What filled that void? Did he care about being popular with his new college buddies & if so, was he hellbent on gaining that by being the risk-taker bad boy?
It is important to contemplate considering the circumstances of his death & the possibilities surrounding it.
Yes, the newer buddies have barely peeped a word--almost like they resigned themselves to "bad things happen" approach.
His older buddies showed a bit more concern.
I think there's a lot that these kids know but aren't necessarily speaking about to the parents.
I am offering this hypothetical & psychological possibility only to invite respectful dialogue about TB. The truth is important .
Was TB simply at the wrong place, the wrong time & was a victim of circumstance? If so, there's a killer on the loose.
But due to the deafening silence, I'd say there is much more to TB's story & it might be a lesson for others.
Someone violently murdered this young man.
I hope that judgements, embarassment, get taken out of the equation so that justice can be served & young people can learn from it.
Sometimes the truth isn't very pretty but it must be told.
All moo & hypothesis.

RIP TB. May the truth prevail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members