ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my point was trying to see if the shoulder injury was debilitating because sometimes it requires surgery, pain meds, recovery time, missing school, etc, etc.

There seems to be no proof of that.

Let's move along

Is it a fact that Tommy's body was lying in the Rv lot for 4 days? I haven't found anything saying when he was dropped off at the RV lot. Was no one working there. Do they not check their lot?

I remember reading a post about a websleuth member was going to check the RV lot out. This poster said they had gone over their after the lot was closed. I wonder if this could be the person police are looking for in the black and green hat.

Is it against the rules or law to send CM a tweet? For instance , CM: What happened to that tweet that said something to the effect of if you ever steal from me again. i'll kill you. Is there a reason people do not?

I believe i read that Tommy wasn't going to get a ride home with his baseball player friend till noon the next day. So who are the baseball players he might be meeting with at 340am? Scott Diamond was the arresting officer in his case the week before. Another Scott Diamond pitches for the twins or did before being traded from the Twins to the Reds last season . CM's arresting officer was a Dawson. Used to be an Andre Dawson played for the Cubs.

Scott Diamond was the Judicial officer not the arresting officer. Dawson was also the Judicial Officer.

Scott Diamond was the Judicial officer not the arresting officer. Dawson was also the Judicial Officer.

Are you insinuating that you believe Tom was working with the police? And.. the "baseball players" are in reference to Cody Mead's tweet saying that he left Cody's house with them? (MSM tweet) You are saying that Tom cleverly called them that because Dawson and Diamond are both the names of two well-known baseball players, right?

Respectfully, I don't think that would be the case. If they (Dawson and Diamond) were involved in the arrest and prosecution of Tom for DUI, it is doubtful that they, too, would be involved in working with informants and under-cover drug stings.. So it would be a big stretch to say that Tom (or Cody or whoever came up with that phrase...) as referring to them as "baseball players." But.. I could be wrong. Definitely NOT trying to argue or shoot down your ideas.

I like new ideas!

I have a question: Is it common in ND for a minor in possession and DUI charge to be adjudicated in Court without an attorney on the sane day? Also is it common that the minor would NOT be placed on any probation at all? Where I am, a Judge will not let even the first DUI go without any probation. And especially with a suspended sentence.

JMO

Sorry, my brain hasn't been functioning as efficiently as I'd like lately, so this is going to be another mishmash of thoughts befitting my name! I don't necessarily remember what was said that brought on the thought or who posted it. Thanks for your patience!

If TB had no expectation of being a professional basketball player, he sounds like he was responsible enough (most of the time) to want to focus on his studies. Being on a sports team in college, or even high school, can be very time consuming.

Since TB was going to school for nursing, I believe he did cut back on his drinking, or at least planned to, because it would be hard to get a good job in the field if looking at your criminal background made you come across as a basket case.

I don't believe that all of his friends have just stopped mentioning him on SM. Most of the people (especially young people) I know tend to have at least some privacy settings on their SM accounts. Many have almost all of their FB conversations private, but they do make some posts/subjects/pictures/etc. public. I'm not sure if Twitter also works that way because I've never used it nor asked anyone else about it. I think the original R.I.P. and Find Tommy posts were made public to increase the awareness, but there is no doubt in my mind that most of those accounts have a lot more that is private than it has that's public.

TB had been away at school for approximately a month, and I don't think that's nearly enough time for a person to go from being the way almost everybody in his home town describes him to being a drunken drug dealer who was working undercover for LE and had upset his friends enough to make them murder him.

I can't remember what else I was going to say right now, but I would like to add... No Offense IBesleuthin, but I thought those were some very good posts! :moo:

Sorry, my brain hasn't been functioning as efficiently as I'd like lately, so this is going to be another mishmash of thoughts befitting my name! I don't necessarily remember what was said that brought on the thought or who posted it. Thanks for your patience!

If TB had no expectation of being a professional basketball player, he sounds like he was responsible enough (most of the time) to want to focus on his studies. Being on a sports team in college, or even high school, can be very time consuming.

Since TB was going to school for nursing, I believe he did cut back on his drinking, or at least planned to, because it would be hard to get a good job in the field if looking at your criminal background made you come across as a basket case.

I don't believe that all of his friends have just stopped mentioning him on SM. Most of the people (especially young people) I know tend to have at least some privacy settings on their SM accounts. Many have almost all of their FB conversations private, but they do make some posts/subjects/pictures/etc. public. I'm not sure if Twitter also works that way because I've never used it nor asked anyone else about it. I think the original R.I.P. and Find Tommy posts were made public to increase the awareness, but there is no doubt in my mind that most of those accounts have a lot more that is private than it has that's public.

TB had been away at school for approximately a month, and I don't think that's nearly enough time for a person to go from being the way almost everybody in his home town describes him to being a drunken drug dealer who was working undercover for LE and had upset his friends enough to make them murder him.

I can't remember what else I was going to say right now, but I would like to add... No Offense IBesleuthin, but I thought those were some very good posts! :moo:

Thank you so much for the positive comments. Also, I completely agree with you about his friends. When all of this first went public, it's my opinion that it just totally blew them away. No doubt they were getting flooded with messages from the public directed at them. Also if any of them received even basic consultation from an attorney, I'm sure they were advised to shut down all social media. Smart in my book.

Have a great evening! (No offense taken! :D )

I have a question: Is it common in ND for a minor in possession and DUI charge to be adjudicated in Court without an attorney on the sane day? Also is it common that the minor would NOT be placed on any probation at all? Where I am, a Judge will not let even the first DUI go without any probation. And especially with a suspended sentence.

JMO

I think the 'without an attorney and on the same day' is odd too. Unless of course, he is allowed to do that and he agreed to it---that's all I can think of. Here is some information about DUIs in ND

http://www.dot.nd.gov/divisions/safety/penaltiesdrinkingdriving.htm

Let's keep the focus on TB.

Too bad we aren't getting any VI's here to help suggest what we can do & brainstorm (like we have on the Christ*na Morr*s case).

With very little seen as of late in the news about TB's homicide, I fear it will all go unsolved & fade away. Many of us old-timers here have seen it happen before in other cases.

I wish we could get something from LE or FBI that could keep TB's name out there.

Obviously there's at least 1 person who wants TB's death to remain unsolved. So sad!

Well, mum seems to be the word up there. I wish someone would say something or they would arrest someone!!

Since nothing new is being reported, I looked at some of the previous reports from early on. This statement caught my eye:

'Thomas Bearson was reported to have been last seen Saturday, September 20 at approximately 3:40 a.m. outside the residence of 824 14th Street North in Fargo. He was wearing a blue baseball cap, blue Sartell High School track and field shirt and khaki shorts.'

Notice the word 'outside'? I wonder who said they saw him outside. (Or is that word just something the reporter threw in there)

Since nothing new is being reported, I looked at some of the previous reports from early on. This statement caught my eye:

'Thomas Bearson was reported to have been last seen Saturday, September 20 at approximately 3:40 a.m. outside the residence of 824 14th Street North in Fargo. He was wearing a blue baseball cap, blue Sartell High School track and field shirt and khaki shorts.'

Notice the word 'outside'? I wonder who said they saw him outside. (Or is that word just something the reporter threw in there)

Good point about the "outside" terminology! What does that residence look like?
So a person saw him there but didn't see anything more? Sounds odd....

I have to google maps that address!

Well I google mapped the location. It's a small, single-family residence in the middle of a modest residential-type neighborhood, close to mass transit. There's an apartment complex across the street.
Maybe this is a house rented out to college kids, dunno'?

What do you locals think? Why would TB be there at that time (3:40am).

Anyone?

Well I google mapped the location. It's a small, single-family residence in the middle of a modest residential-type neighborhood, close to mass transit. There's an apartment complex across the street.
Maybe this is a house rented out to college kids, dunno'?

What do you locals think? Why would TB be there at that time (3:40am).

Anyone?

That's the house he was partying at.

The "trap" (just what the guys living there (CM & JW) call it) and 824 14th Street North in Fargo are the same place. My son goes to NDSU - there are homes owned (by 3rd parties - not NDSU run) just outside of campus that are rented out to students. It is not a high crime area - it is mostly single family homes set up as rentals housing students who chose to live off campus. NDSU doesn't have enough "campus" housing for everyone - so often upper class men chose to rent off site which can be cheaper and with less rules - no RA's.
Typically a student finds a house, gathers his/her friends together and rent the place. These homes are usually all occupied by NDSU students. Hope that helps you not in the area understand the housing/campus situation.

Someone on WS mentioned earlier an explanation for why JW might have used TB's phone to tweet CM instead of his own? Can someone refresh me on that? For some reason my mind isn't retaining that, but I remember it seemed plausible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ezinu