ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone care to speculate???? on....why JW might have used TB's phone to tweet CM instead of his own?

Someone on WS mentioned earlier an explanation for why JW might have used TB's phone to tweet CM instead of his own? Can someone refresh me on that? For some reason my mind isn't retaining that, but I remember it seemed plausible.
I'm not sure. However JW was posting from his own twitter account approximately 2 hours after the sos tweet was posted.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Someone on WS mentioned earlier an explanation for why JW might have used TB's phone to tweet CM instead of his own? Can someone refresh me on that? For some reason my mind isn't retaining that, but I remember it seemed plausible.

Quite a few were speculating but I posted that from my own experience, when your phone is going dead or is dead and you use someone else's phone to text someone, the caller ID won't show who you are. (The exception is that if the person who's phone you are using is listed in the recipient's contact list, then their information will show up in that phone, however you will still have to identify that you are the caller/texter and not the phone owner). Confused yet? :D

As in if I use someone else's phone to text a friend of mine I will get a reply, "Who is this?" Then you have to send a text back, "Oh this is Sandy and my phone died, so I'm using this phone." Just easier from the get go to announce who you are.

It's important to note that he does say, "This is Jake" so just by that you see he isn't attempting to mislead the recipient of the tweet. He is stating who he is.

The way these phones get passed back and forth and constantly used I just didn't think a thing of it.

There will be a break in the case soon because there had to be DNA from murderer found on Tom's body and clothing and that information will be back soon. The tweet from Jake on Tom's phone is innocent and was not done about a serious matter. It was his Call of Duty. Everyone that keeps going back to that tweet is wrong. Tom was sober and he was playing video games all night. He was not partying heavily. He was a nice kid.

JMO.

Anyone care to speculate???? on....why JW might have used TB's phone to tweet CM instead of his own?

I have a couple questions about Tommy's phone. I still use a regular cell phone. I'm not buying an I-phone that will just be outdated next year, just me. But if I took your I-5 that you were already logged into, could I not have a generic snapchat with someone on your contact list without you being present? Tell them I miss them and will "see you soon".

Could Tommy's phone have been used to give a "time stamp" to his being alive during and at a time frame? Out of the Jodi Arias playbook so to speak. I just don't accept that Tommy was going to begin to "hang out" with "baseball players" at 3:40 AM. That is when parties are breaking up, not getting started. Even college kids that like their sleep like this one. He knew he was travelling home the next day to discuss his ticket and fine with his Mom and Dad. To me he wasn't going to do that with a wicked hangover.

JMO's

I have a couple questions about Tommy's phone. I still use a regular cell phone. I'm not buying an I-phone that will just be outdated next year, just me. But if I took your I-5 that you were already logged into, could I not have a generic snapchat with someone on your contact list without you being present? Tell them I miss them and will "see you soon".

Could Tommy's phone have been used to give a "time stamp" to his being alive during and at a time frame? Out of the Jodi Arias playbook so to speak. I just don't accept that Tommy was going to begin to "hang out" with "baseball players" at 3:40 AM. That is when parties are breaking up, not getting started. Even college kids that like their sleep like this one. He knew he was travelling home the next day to discuss his ticket and fine with his Mom and Dad. To me he wasn't going to do that with a wicked hangover.

JMO's

My thinking is right in line with yours. From what I understand, if a person's cell phone is not password protected, then anyone could get on it, and snapchat a message to whomever. Excuse my term, but to me it seems like kind of a sappy message for a young man this age to be deciding to send to even a good friend at about 1:26 ish in the AM, and then not open the reply??
I feel the same way about him supposedly going to hang out with more different people at 3:40 am.
Just not adding up in my book.

There will be a break in the case soon because there had to be DNA from murderer found on Tom's body and clothing and that information will be back soon. The tweet from Jake on Tom's phone is innocent and was not done about a serious matter. It was his Call of Duty. Everyone that keeps going back to that tweet is wrong. Tom was sober and he was playing video games all night. He was not partying heavily. He was a nice kid.

JMO.
Call of Duty?? Like the game? Please explain

JMO's

Snapchat is pictures. NOT WORDS. Pictures are sent back and forth with short messages. So the answer is if Pat says he was snapping with Tom, he probably had a picture of him too. He seems certain it was Tom. I don't think he would be willing to lie and be deceived. If he had a doubt that jakes tweet was nefarious, I do not think he would be sticking up for Jake. Snapchat is current pictures. It can't be an old picture either because they disappear within a few seconds after sending them.

JMO.
I believe that TB was a nice kid.

Snapchat is pictures. NOT WORDS. Pictures are sent back and forth with short messages. So the answer is if Pat says he was snapping with Tom, he probably had a picture of him too. He seems certain it was Tom. I don't think he would be willing to lie and be deceived. If he had a doubt that jakes tweet was nefarious, I do not think he would be sticking up for Jake. Snapchat is current pictures. It can't be an old picture either because they disappear within a few seconds after sending them.

But it doesn't always necessarily include pictures, right? Can be just a message, right? Only the message was mentioned, not I saw him myself after that on Snapchat. Possible he really WANTS to believe Tom sent him that message? (as opposed to lying or allowing himself to be deceived).

But it doesn't always necessarily include pictures, right? Can be just a message, right? Only the message was mentioned, not I saw him myself after that on Snapchat. Possible he really WANTS to believe Tom sent him that message? (as opposed to lying or allowing himself to be deceived).

It ALWAYS includes pictures or videos. I snap all the time and I have never sent or received one without a picture or video.

I am sure Patty wants to figure out who murdered his friend. He isn't stupid. If he felt there was anything suspicious about the scary tweet or if it wasn't Tom he was talking to, he wouldn't say that it was. I'm sure he's 100% invested in finding the killer.

Jmo.

Someone mentioned way earlier in this thread that the main highway near the RV sales lot would lead to Sartell. My mind keeps going back to that he took his backpack. Did he think he was receiving a ride home earlier, rather than having to wait until the next day? Anxious to see girlfriend?

It ALWAYS includes pictures or videos.
Could it be any kind of picture or video? Or is it always real-time pictures? Could be a real-time picture or video of a Call of Duty game playing rather than of TB himself?

Someone mentioned way earlier in this thread that the main highway near the RV sales lot would lead to Sartell. My mind keeps going back to that he took his backpack. Did he think he was receiving a ride home earlier, rather than having to wait until the next day? Anxious to see girlfriend?

He planned on going back to his dorm. He never went anywhere without showering. I don't know what he had in his backpack tho. Maybe video game controller? A cell phone charger cord? Chew? A sweatshirt in case it got cooler at night?

Where is his backpack? That's the million dollar question.

Could it be any kind of picture or video? Or is it always real-time pictures? Could be a real-time picture or video of a Call of Duty game playing rather than of TB himself?

Yes. It wouldn't have to be a picture of Tom.

It ALWAYS includes pictures or videos. I snap all the time and I have never sent or received one without a picture or video.

I am sure Patty wants to figure out who murdered his friend. He isn't stupid. If he felt there was anything suspicious about the scary tweet or if it wasn't Tom he was talking to, he wouldn't say that it was. I'm sure he's 100% invested in finding the killer.

Jmo.

I really do hope you are right. I hope they (family, and friends) and LE have a POI that DNA can actually be linked with in this case.

Ahh, call of duty, that kind of makes sense. Is this poster a verified insider?? Just wondering about the link and rumor thing. Not to be rude, but anyone can say anything, no disrespect intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice