ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Would anyone think guilty persons would come and read or possibly even post here?

I've quietly questioned motives on the threads a couple of times; reread posts a few times over looking for some type of tell tale signs. Especially when someone seems to deliberately be trying to steer the thread away from what seems to be a majority consensus of who and why.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Having personal investment can potentially: a) give you knowledge b) cloud your perception c) affect your reactions d) affect your decision.
Pick one or all of the above?

The McS#y case captivated me for years. i can't wait for an update on it from 48 hours or Dateline or something. I am glad there was resolution. Now comes the hard part -- successful prosecution. After watching the Ari#s trial and Casey Anth#ny, I have a hard time believing in our legal system sometimes.

I think it's interesting the different types of theories we all come up with based on our own life experiences and knowledge of the world.

I am hoping for some news on Tom's autopsy this week. The more time that passes, the more worried I become. I suppose it's just the "parent" in me. I do really want to believe they know who did this but everytime I hear that "there are no suspects," I get worried. And then I wonder why they aren't asking for the public's help. For example, asking if anyone they knew acted suspicious or had cuts/bruises on Saturday, September 20th? Or those along the path home to the dorm Tom lived in... If they asked them to check their yards for any signs of a struggle or blood, etc... But nothing like that happened that I am aware of.

So that's, I guess, why I hope they are lying to us when they say there are no suspects.

I do wonder if Tom's murderer comes here and reads. It's a definite possibility. One would think they might throw some curveballs and distractions if someone was getting too close. Some alternative theories that don't make any sense, etc..

I have a hard time believing the LOST TWEET was in regard to a video game largely due to the response it received from CM. He said to text him his address. Why would you do that if it was a video game? It really makes no sense. Maybe we will get more answers on that.
BBM... I agree. And someone help me out here but didn't CM respond to that tweet asking JW to text him the address? Or am I not remembering correctly?

I am sure this has been hashed, and re-hashed, but I can't get over this. Any individual I know between the age of 15-35 is glued to their cell phone & social media. If the last time TB was was sighted was when he left @ 3:40 am, I have a hard time wrapping my brain around why he did not open Pat Fischer's last snap chat. You can't tell me he did not check his phone once between the prior snap chat and his walking out the door. The lead, or ping, or whatever it was that eventually lead them to find TB's body, is it possible the ping was as early as the snap chat conversation? Did I miss some details?

I am sure this has been hashed, and re-hashed, but I can't get over this. Any individual I know between the age of 15-35 is glued to their cell phone & social media. If the last time TB was was sighted was when he left @ 3:40 am, I have a hard time wrapping my brain around why he did not open Pat Fischer's last snap chat. You can't tell me he did not check his phone once between the prior snap chat and his walking out the door. The lead, or ping, or whatever it was that eventually lead them to find TB's body, is it possible the ping was as early as the snap chat conversation? Did I miss some details?

Very good point. I don't know Snapchat but I'm guessing it's like texts & Facebook messages. You open them right away -- unless you can't. Like say.. You were attacked.

Snipped by me for space
I have a hard time believing the LOST TWEET was in regard to a video game largely due to the response it received from CM. He said to text him his address. Why would you do that if it was a video game? It really makes no sense. Maybe we will get more answers on that.

As an avid gamer who doesn't mod, I am unfamiliar with the term "lost" in reference to gaming. My only thought as to how this could actually play into gaming is if they were "modding" or hacking. The alleged reply tweet asking him to text his address could be for his IP address. Otherwise, I'm only familiar with it in reference to physical location, drug use, and alcohol use. I'm not stating that TB & JW were engaging in any of these, just speaking to what my knowledge is regarding the topic of lost and gaming.

I don't believe we have heard of who else may have known him to leave at 3:40 am other than CM per media report. Other students are known to live in the same house, and we could surmise that perhaps some of the other housemates of the "trap" were there also, but that is not fact. I have to agree with you that it is very unlikely that a waiting message on a cell phone would be ignored by a person Tom's age for almost 3 hours. Even if his phone was dead (low battery), these kids all keep phone chargers at home and in cars (even have cordless packs) available and readily share those with each other. If a ping from TB's phone lead LE to the RV sales lot, I would guess they know the time of that ping, wouldn't they?

he tweeted in his previous posts that his phone would die at around 40%, and his parents stated after he went missing that he was having trouble keeping his phone on. ...thats one explanation. But for the people who called him the next day, did his phone go straight to voicemail or did they hear it ring? I remember reading something the baseball friend (who was supposed to take him home the next day) said - along the lines of he assumed he wasn't feeling well because he wasn't answering his phone and was just in his room. Now does not answering his phone mean he heard it ring and it was on?

Very good point. I don't know Snapchat but I'm guessing it's like texts & Facebook messages. You open them right away -- unless you can't. Like say.. You were attacked.

Snapchat is pictures and/or videos lasting about 7 seconds that you send back and forth. You can add text to the pics. Once you open them, they are gone. They don't have to be pics and videos of you; there is no proof of who is sending or taking them. Although the front facing camera is turned on when you activate the app to take message, you still have press the camera button to take the pic or record.

me too, i think they were actually lost in real life, i hardly believe they were lost in a video game and tweeted about it. I've played call of duty a whole ton, how do you even get lost in it?

I feel like if he had the opportunity to open the snapchat, he would have unless he was distracted. But it feels like from that point on, either his phone was drained, stolen, or he was incapable of accessing it. You would think if it was a charge issue, he would have charged it at the Trap? I'm curious to know if there were multiple witnesses claiming to have noticed what time he left. I don't care how young you are - often inexperienced drinkers pass out early because they hit it hard early. I'm surprised they actually made a mental note of the time.

If TB left his dorm room with a full charge, how long do you imagine it would take for him to hit the 40% level?

me too, i think they were actually lost in real life, i hardly believe they were lost in a video game and tweeted about it. I've played call of duty a whole ton, how do you even get lost in it?
That's my understanding too, my son says that's the point of the game: acting on the fly, learning the map, split-second decisions, and even if you did FEEL lost that does not create "video death". He said "that's the worse lie ever".

Snipped by me for space

As an avid gamer who doesn't mod, I am unfamiliar with the term "lost" in reference to gaming. My only thought as to how this could actually play into gaming is if they were "modding" or hacking. The alleged reply tweet asking him to text his address could be for his IP address. Otherwise, I'm only familiar with it in reference to physical location, drug use, and alcohol use. I'm not stating that TB & JW were engaging in any of these, just speaking to what my knowledge is regarding the topic of lost and gaming.

Can you clarify a few things I'm having difficulty understanding? Modding is hacking? Such as pirating games, movies, or music perhaps? Or do you mean hacking into anothers' game? I'm not sure I understand... And, how does that relate to drug or alcohol use? Or are you referring to stating being "lost" as to the jargon that might be used if someone where affected by either of those?

You may be right, Melodyl, but here's why I tend to disagree: It's been reported that he was badly beaten, especially in his head and face. To me, that sounds more personal--not random. Plus, in a random killing, the body is usually left where it happened---why transport the body and take a chance of being pulled over and the body being discovered. Thirdly, what good would his phone do anyone? If anyone tried to activate that phone in their name, they would be nabbed in a New York second. JMO

where did you get this "fact" from? Has LE or family made a statement I missed? Thirdly....LOL.

Can you clarify a few things I'm having difficulty understanding? Modding is hacking? Such as pirating games, movies, or music perhaps? Or do you mean hacking into anothers' game? I'm not sure I understand... And, how does that relate to drug or alcohol use? Or are you referring to stating being "lost" as to the jargon that might be used if someone where affected by either of those?

This final tweet creates some problems regardless of which side of the theory you're on. First, if you think it was a legit tweet & TB & JW were truly lost then we need to know the following tweets---cause there had to be some---they need to be retrieved regardless of deletions. This also poses a second problem in that TB's old high school buddy PF (or as some poster refers to him- "Patty") has stated there was nothing to the tweet. And the laughable reference to Call of Duty! Lol! So why is PF saying this?
Anyway the final tweet & final snapchats are not clear to me---have we firmed up these timelines?
There is a group of baseball players in the twitter world surrounding TB. Did they have their own trap house fairly close to the one that TB hung at?
So if you're of the mindset that the tweet was nothing---just part of a dumb game then I challenge you to this: find me a tweet similar out of the roughly a dozen twitter accounts involved in this case (either deleted or still there cause I have em all). You know what? There's nothing there like that ever--by anybody!

I say it is difficult to know what happened after 10pm that evening because the witnesses may be the perps. And I think there were three (3) of them but heck what do I know? Someone stole some money from one of the frat boys right before the 20th Sept & I'd buy that as something that should be investigated as a murder before some random stranger thing.

Stranger danger scenarios = dumb attempt at diversion. Not buying it at all.

Moo

where did you get this "fact" from? Has LE or family made a statement I missed? Thirdly....LOL.

The police have released the cause of death as a violent homicide. There was a closed casket. Connect the dots.
Lots of info out there about it. Explore if you'd like. Or not.

I get being lost in the game of call of duty, but has it been proven thats what Tom was doing that night? I said before my son has done that but they just ask online on the mic, dude where are you, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli