ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not meant to hijack this thread, but there is a case that has finally reached resolution, the Sk*lar N*ese murder. It is an example of social media twists.

Is anyone out there familiar with the term "Brain Leaks" (of information) as applied to comments that perpetrators verbalize unknowingly? I've been reading about it, and it's very interesting.

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t10643-another-case-last-person-to-see-them-alive-is-charged

An example of "brain leaks" that we sometimes see when sleuthing is when a POI refers to a missing person in a past tense instead of being hopeful. It may not make him/her guilty of committing a crime but may indicate more knowledge than what's publicly known.

Moo

Is anyone out there familiar with the term "Brain Leaks" (of information) as applied to comments that perpetrators verbalize unknowingly? I've been reading about it, and it's very interesting.

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t10643-another-case-last-person-to-see-them-alive-is-charged

Yes, a good example is in the perp' words in the McSt-*y case. Classic brain leak, "I was the last person to be seen with him"!

Really, how would anyone know? Brain leak!

Moo

Yes, a good example is in the perp' words in the McSt-*y case. Classic brain leak, "I was the last person to be seen with him"!

Moo

I know, right?! Also, the whole HE WHO PROTESTS TOO MUCH, like "he was a REALLY good person!!!", really? who was questioning that anyway in regards to how it applies to someone that has been murdered? Personally, to me, it is irrelevant to the situation at hand.

I know, right?! Also, the whole HE WHO PROTESTS TOO MUCH, like "he was a REALLY good person!!!", really? who was questioning that anyway in regards to how it applies to someone that has been murdered? Personally, to me, it is irrelevant to the situation at hand.
AMEN CantNotCare Amen! I had the same thoughts. Diversion.... came to my mind as well.

That's why I thought it was weird that someone at the trap put on their twitter that they were the last to see Tommy, the day before he was found. How did he know that? It's on BH's Sept 21 Twitter. Tommy was found on the 23rd.

JMO's

AMEN CantNotCare Amen! I had the same thoughts. Diversion.... came to my mind as well.
Absolutely... diversion, brain leak, Freudian slip, insinuation of knowledge or innocence by close association. But...when you know someone that you believe to be a good person, it doesn't even cross your mind to need to make that statement. And, especially in regards to them having been murdered. MOO

Absolutely... diversion, brain leak, Freudian slip, insinuation of knowledge or innocence by close association. But...when you know someone that you believe to be a good person, it doesn't even cross your mind to need to make that statement. And, especially in regards to them having been murdered. MOO

I agree. Would anyone think guilty persons would come and read or possibly even post here?

Moo
Yes, a good example is in the perp's words in the McSt-*y case. Classic brain leak, "He was as honest as the day is long"

That's why I thought it was weird that someone at the trap put on their twitter that they were the last to see Tommy, the day before he was found. How did he know that? It's on BH's Sept 21 Twitter. Tommy was found on the 23rd.

JMO's

I think it was "Weird knowing I was one of the last three to see Tom".

I agree. Would anyone think guilty persons would come and read or possibly even post here?
I can't think of any reason that I know of why they couldn't or can't. Same for innocent relatives, friends, boy/girlfriends, parents, etc., etc. I suppose anything is possible.

Yes, a good example is in the perp's words in the McSt-*y case. Classic brain leak, "He was as honest as the day is long"

The McS#y case captivated me for years. i can't wait for an update on it from 48 hours or Dateline or something. I am glad there was resolution. Now comes the hard part -- successful prosecution. After watching the Ari#s trial and Casey Anth#ny, I have a hard time believing in our legal system sometimes.

I think it's interesting the different types of theories we all come up with based on our own life experiences and knowledge of the world.

I am hoping for some news on Tom's autopsy this week. The more time that passes, the more worried I become. I suppose it's just the "parent" in me. I do really want to believe they know who did this but everytime I hear that "there are no suspects," I get worried. And then I wonder why they aren't asking for the public's help. For example, asking if anyone they knew acted suspicious or had cuts/bruises on Saturday, September 20th? Or those along the path home to the dorm Tom lived in... If they asked them to check their yards for any signs of a struggle or blood, etc... But nothing like that happened that I am aware of.

So that's, I guess, why I hope they are lying to us when they say there are no suspects.

I do wonder if Tom's murderer comes here and reads. It's a definite possibility. One would think they might throw some curveballs and distractions if someone was getting too close. Some alternative theories that don't make any sense, etc..

I have a hard time believing the LOST TWEET was in regard to a video game largely due to the response it received from CM. He said to text him his address. Why would you do that if it was a video game? It really makes no sense. Maybe we will get more answers on that.

I can't think of any reason that I know of why they couldn't or can't. Same for innocent relatives, friends, boy/girlfriends, parents, etc., etc. I suppose anything is possible.
I will say that I view the latter as victims also. All very, very sad...

The McS#y case captivated me for years. i can't wait for an update on it from 48 hours or Dateline or something. I am glad there was resolution. Now comes the hard part -- successful prosecution. After watching the Ari#s trial and Casey Anth#ny, I have a hard time believing in our legal system sometimes.

I think it's interesting the different types of theories we all come up with based on our own life experiences and knowledge of the world.

I am hoping for some news on Tom's autopsy this week. The more time that passes, the more worried I become. I suppose it's just the "parent" in me. I do really want to believe they know who did this but everytime I hear that "there are no suspects," I get worried. And then I wonder why they aren't asking for the public's help. For example, asking if anyone they knew acted suspicious or had cuts/bruises on Saturday, September 20th? Or those along the path home to the dorm Tom lived in... If they asked them to check their yards for any signs of a struggle or blood, etc... But nothing like that happened that I am aware of.

So that's, I guess, why I hope they are lying to us when they say there are no suspects.

I do wonder if Tom's murderer comes here and reads. It's a definite possibility. One would think they might throw some curveballs and distractions if someone was getting too close. Some alternative theories that don't make any sense, etc..

I have a hard time believing the LOST TWEET was in regard to a video game largely due to the response it received from CM. He said to text him his address. Why would you do that if it was a video game? It really makes no sense. Maybe we will get more answers on that.

ITA with everything you wrote here. All good points!

JMO's

Yeppers ...... How'd that happen????

Or when they say stuff like he/she was a nice kid........stuff like that, iykwim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli