ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped

I believe he was murdered by a stranger (strangers) upon leaving the party. Wrong place, wrong time. I would guess his toxicology will show that he wasn't partying too much.

I know that isn't a "fun" murder to solve and it's a lot more intriguing to think there was a reason for the murder or he was murdered by a friend but I don't think he was.

All of your sleuthing here will not help anything if it's a stranger murder.

For the record: these are just my opinions & guesses. Just as all of yours our. Peace out.

There is a reason for every murder, even murder by strangers, at least a reason that makes sense to the murderer. Gang related initiations, robbery, race, religion, sex related, psychosis (drug related or mental illness), to name the reasons I can think of off the top of my head.

Someone had to be very angry to beat him to death (jmo based on the wording used by the coroner/LE). What would cause a complete stranger to beat someone to death? Did TB fight back?

TB fighting off a robbery is the only reason I can think of that would cause a stranger to engage in physical contact violence with TB.

Thoughts?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

With a big thanks to Brandon for giving much needed insight, I'm starting to think that this was a random act of violence and the intent was to rob him of his phone. Not saying that it wasn't another student, because based on his location another student or someone visiting another student makes the most sense. The people he was with, other than those that were his friends, could be involved though. They are really the only ones that he was with that knew exactly what he had in his possession and the logical suspects (again because of the location he was at and where he was going).

You may be right, Melodyl, but here's why I tend to disagree: It's been reported that he was badly beaten, especially in his head and face. To me, that sounds more personal--not random. Plus, in a random killing, the body is usually left where it happened---why transport the body and take a chance of being pulled over and the body being discovered. Thirdly, what good would his phone do anyone? If anyone tried to activate that phone in their name, they would be nabbed in a New York second. JMO

I don't know who did it or why they did it.
I don't know if it was a stranger or a friend.

I do appreciate the different, younger points of view though.

I mean that he wouldn't say that people were focusing on Jakes tweet when they shouldn't be. Obviously it is of no consequence because he talked to TB after that on snapchat. Did someone dupe Pat into thinking he was talking to TB when he actually wasn't on snap chat? I think Pat would be smart enough to figure that out. Or figure out if that possibility exists. Perhaps he contacted TB due to the tweet he saw that they were lost and going to die? He'd obviously read his tweet from 11:23 pm 9/19/2014 for him to be certain enough to say Jakes scary tweet meant nothing. Unless now you think his bf was involved all of the way from small-town MN? If so, no amount of facts are going to stop you from gossiping.

I believe he was murdered by a stranger (strangers) upon leaving the party. Wrong place, wrong time. I would guess his toxicology will show that he wasn't partying too much.

I know that isn't a "fun" murder to solve and it's a lot more intriguing to think there was a reason for the murder or he was murdered by a friend but I don't think he was.

All of your sleuthing here will not help anything if it's a stranger murder.

For the record: these are just my opinions & guesses. Just as all of yours our. Peace out.
Not sure but I believe it was reported in that article that the tweet was sent at 1:20 am and Pat last communicated with Tom via chat at 1:30 am. I don't think any murder, regardless of the circumstances is "fun" to solve. This very well could have been a random killing upon leaving the party. Wrong place at the wrong time... and then whoever randomly murdered him took the time to transport him across town to another location.

Not sure but I believe it was reported in that article that the tweet was sent at 1:20 am and Pat last communicated with Tom via chat at 1:30 am. I don't think any murder, regardless of the circumstances is "fun" to solve. This very well could have been a random killing upon leaving the party. Wrong place at the wrong time... and then whoever randomly murdered him took the time to transport him across town to another location.

But it was more than transporting him across town---he was transported across state lines. Of course that's only true if he was not killed AT the RV site. And the police found him based on a tip to check the RV site. I'm just not seeing 'random' but thats just me.

But it was more than transporting him across town---he was transported across state lines. Of course that's only true if he was not killed AT the RV site. And the police found him based on a tip to check the RV site. I'm just not seeing 'random' but thats just me.
I'm with ya.

I'm with ya.

Here's something else to think about that has not been discussed: TB had injuries to his hand which means he fought back. He was a big guy and athletic so he must have done some 'damage' to whomever did this to him. Who had injuries from a fight? Anyone the police spoke with? I don't think we've heard.

You may be right, Melodyl, but here's why I tend to disagree: It's been reported that he was badly beaten, especially in his head and face. To me, that sounds more personal--not random. Plus, in a random killing, the body is usually left where it happened---why transport the body and take a chance of being pulled over and the body being discovered. Thirdly, what good would his phone do anyone? If anyone tried to activate that phone in their name, they would be nabbed in a New York second. JMO

Excellent points. His body being found at that location 5 miles from where he was last known to be does point toward it being someone from the college, someone visiting the college, or someone who lives with a student from the college. Someone who would not want it to be associated with the college in any way other than TB being a student.

I'm doing a little research on the phone. I know that there's a way around every obstacle and I'm thinking that there's probably a hack to get around the phone ID issue.

I never heard about the injuries to hands.
I've also never heard about the "badly-beaten head & face..." Not from MSM anyway... I've heard rumor & gossip about it though. Is it true? I don't know anymore.

And.. This is the problem with LE not releasing details. Speculation & rumors take over & pretty soon we can't recall what was reported by MSM or what we heard.. I just wish they'd tell us cause of death, toxicology & approximate time of death. That might stop the rumors. (Or feed them, I guess.)

Hmm... Interesting stuff today. I truly believe we all care about the Bearson family & Tom's memory. Knowing all I've heard, I think he was an above-average kid in all categories: son, student, friend, athlete, boyfriend, etc.. Drinking & getting a DUI isn't indicative of the kind of person he was. It does nothing to lessen my view of him as a "good guy.."

I never heard about the injuries to hands.
I've also never heard about the "badly-beaten head & face..." Not from MSM anyway... I've heard rumor & gossip about it though. Is it true? I don't know anymore.

And.. This is the problem with LE not releasing details. Speculation & rumors take over & pretty soon we can't recall what was reported by MSM or what we heard.. I just wish they'd tell us cause of death, toxicology & approximate time of death. That might stop the rumors. (Or feed them, I guess.)

Hmm... Interesting stuff today. I truly believe we all care about the Bearson family & Tom's memory. Knowing all I've heard, I think he was an above-average kid in all categories: son, student, friend, athlete, boyfriend, etc.. Drinking & getting a DUI isn't indicative of the kind of person he was. It does nothing to lessen my view of him as a "good guy.."

I think I heard the reports of injuries to his hand and severe beating of his face and head in a newscast. If I can't find the source, I'll retract my post as I don't want to spread rumors/gossip. Thanks for pointing that out because I may be mistaken as to where I heard it.

I just wanted to say - Thanks for making me feel old and stupid Brandon14! :blushing: I had 2 boys raised on video games and computers, and have many young relatives who are into Call of Duty (one of my sons may be one of them, but he's not so young anymore), and I should have realized how common comments like that are when playing. Thank you seriously for clearing that up.

I also think that if the best friend and the police are so sure that that 'lost' twitter post is irrelevant to his death, then they do have some substantial evidence to back up their believes. Who would be up at 4AM on the streets anyway? other partiers, insomniacs, police officers..

For all we know the roomate could've possibly been involved. He gave so much information to the media about TB drinking and partying lifestyle, which (if he is hypothetically guilty of something) would have shifted blame to TBs college partying and drinking rather than focus on the fact that he was murdered. And him coming back when all of TB belongings were gone was strange as well.

I think I heard the reports of injuries to his hand and severe beating of his face and head in a newscast. If I can't find the source, I'll retract my post as I don't want to spread rumors/gossip. Thanks for pointing that out because I may be mistaken as to where I heard it.

My point wasn't to make you retract statement, Rocco. :blushing: I agree with your statement regarding the murder. I don't think it was random but I know some people apparently do.

There is another forum called BISONVILLE that talks about someone who attends NDSU being randomly beaten up when they were leaving a party the same weekend Tom was murdered. It seems to be another theory floating around the campus among the students. Personally, I hope that isn't the case as it seems like the students on campus should be warned to be A LOT more careful if there's a random person beating up or murdering kids.

Obviously, I don't know if it's true or not. It is a definite possibility.

One more thing.. Someone brought this up before on previous thread about Tom but I guess it's worth a mention since Brandon14 brought up videogames. If you do a GOOGLE Search {Bing does NOT find it} with the phone number mentioned in the "lost" tweet, you find a interesting thing. It's a Gamer tag / ID of "cheese sniffer" and the gamers actual motto is "Call 1-320-266-5538!" At one point I pulled up a game they had played in and one of the other kids had "sabre" in their name, which was the nickname of Sartell's mascot. So very strange, huh?

Here's something else to think about that has not been discussed: TB had injuries to his hand which means he fought back. He was a big guy and athletic so he must have done some 'damage' to whomever did this to him. Who had injuries from a fight? Anyone the police spoke with? I don't think we've heard.

Excellent point, Rocco! There must've been a lot of noise, a loud ruckus that other people must've heard. There has to be others that were injured too!
I watched TB play basketball on hubl (sort of a scouting report--stats plus video) & he was very talented & agile. TB would've fought like heck, IMO. I think there had to be more than one to cause his demise.

Anyone heard any very late night fights? Any disturbance calls within the region that night? Anyone have to go to the ER due to wounds in the area hospitals?

Good questions...right?

My point wasn't to make you retract statement, Rocco. :blushing: I agree with your statement regarding the murder. I don't think it was random but I know some people apparently do.

There is another forum called BISONVILLE that talks about someone who attends NDSU being randomly beaten up when they were leaving a party the same weekend Tom was murdered. It seems to be another theory floating around the campus among the students. Personally, I hope that isn't the case as it seems like the students on campus should be warned to be A LOT more careful if there's a random person beating up or murdering kids.

Obviously, I don't know if it's true or not. It is a definite possibility.

I went to that site you're speaking of too. Don't be reading over there MM, the language is too rough for your delicate eyes and I don't want you learning any bad words. :eek: I looked and looked to find the source of my statement on Amanda's fine site last night-----but I couldn't find it. However, this morning I recalled where I read that information. It was posted here by someone who attended the funeral. It wasn't by a verified insider though, so I guess technically I'm not suppose to refer to it.

Excellent point, Rocco! There must've been a lot of noise, a loud ruckus that other people must've heard. There has to be others that were injured too!
I watched TB play basketball on hubl (sort of a scouting report--stats plus video) & he was very talented & agile. TB would've fought like heck, IMO. I think there had to be more than one to cause his demise.

Anyone heard any very late night fights? Any disturbance calls within the region that night? Anyone have to go to the ER due to wounds in the area hospitals?

Good questions...right?

Right!! However, if this all went down at the RV site, it may not have been heard by anyone or they slept through it.

I went to that site you're speaking of too. Don't be reading over there MM, the language is too rough for your delicate eyes and I don't want you learning any bad words. :eek: I looked and looked to find the source of my statement on Amanda's fine site last night-----but I couldn't find it. However, this morning I recalled where I read that information. It was posted here by someone who attended the funeral. It wasn't by a verified insider though, so I guess technically I'm not suppose to refer to it.

I think it is true, just not released by LE.

TY for the compliment "fine site". It's always a work in progress.

I just wanted to say - Thanks for making me feel old and stupid Brandon14! :blushing: I had 2 boys raised on video games and computers, and have many young relatives who are into Call of Duty (one of my sons may be one of them, but he's not so young anymore), and I should have realized how common comments like that are when playing. Thank you seriously for clearing that up.

That was my thought too--I was like oh yeah, Call of Duty. But my son doesn't play much anymore since we don't have internet at home anymore.

IMO, I think someone tried to steal something from him thinking he was a "rich white boy" (and hope I don't offend anyone with that statement)and he fought back. Also, driving across the state line, yes, while that happened, the 2 cities are only a mile apart and it's just as simple as crossing a bridge. If you blink you miss it. Like with most states I guess. I just want answers!!! And a murderer caught. JMO and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice