ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"No clothes in the closet. No books on the desk. No sheets on the bed.

That's what Wyatt Sharp found when he returned to the North Dakota State University campus after a late September weekend spent in his hometown of Crosby, Minn."

How did they know by the time his roommate came back from the weekend that Tommy was not going to be returning to the college? It seems like they knew he was deceased even before they found his remains.

JMO's

They must be talking about the weekend of Sept 27th-28th not the 20th-21st.

"No clothes in the closet. No books on the desk. No sheets on the bed.

That's what Wyatt Sharp found when he returned to the North Dakota State University campus after a late September weekend spent in his hometown of Crosby, Minn."

How did they know by the time his roommate came back from the weekend that Tommy was not going to be returning to the college? It seems like they knew he was deceased even before they found his remains.

JMO's

Indeed it does.

That latest article has me wondering about something....was there any girls at this party he went to? While drunk, could have flirted with someone's girlfriend, or received attention from someone's girlfriend?? It's worrying that he drank so much that he came back to the dorm, was passed out, vomited and fell out of the bed without realizing it. But we know he didn't die from alcohol overdose, or even a drug overdose. Even is those are found in his system, we've heard he died from a violent death.

None of this makes sense to me. Such a young guy with his life ahead of him. Making mistakes as most of us have as young adults. Most of us live through those, and learn from them.

Whatever happened, I have hope police will figure it out, and arrest someone soon!

"And then he grabbed his backpack and then headed out," Sharp said. It was 10 p.m. Bearson didn't say where he was headed. (Taken from article..)

The "backpack" is curious. Who takes a backpack with them when they are going out? (Andrew Sadek). I wonder if they found his backpack?

My parents live in North Dakota. My mom said the news showed footage of Tommy leaving his dorm that night - with his backpack on and it was eerily reminiscent of Sadek's pictures.. She told me this when TB was still a "missing person." But I could never find the footage & "wrote her off as being confused.." After reading this article, I guess she may have been right. Anyone see/hear of the footage?

I'm sure it exists. It is troubling to me that the news hasn't showed that footage again. Why? Didn't want the public to get in an uproar and associate the two deaths more than they already do?

Pretty scary stuff.
Yes, the backpack! I forgot about the backpack. I wonder why LE has not mentioned it - maybe it was found? It does seem strange that you'd take a backpack if you were going out to party.

Yes, the backpack! I forgot about the backpack. I wonder why LE has not mentioned it - maybe it was found? It does seem strange that you'd take a backpack if you were going out to party.

My daughter is a year younger then Tom, her and all her friends carry backpacks. On a Friday night when they re heading out they all have them, I assume they carry beer in them or bongs.
I don't think it's strange Ton left with his back pack, but where is it now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So there are conflicting reports and news article. A few weeks ago there was an news article saying the police were running a very active investigation.

From and updated news paper article from just this sunday says "More than five weeks later, his death remains a mystery, without a suspect or motive, said Lt. Tory Jacobson, a spokesman for the Moorhead police."

So it went to an active investigation to a cold case with no suspects or motives however the police have not released any other information why exactly they think it was a homicide or the injuries related to Tom.

Please do not attack fellow posters

Keep on the topic of the thread

Thank you

So there are conflicting reports and news article. A few weeks ago there was an news article saying the police were running a very active investigation.

From and updated news paper article from just this sunday says "More than five weeks later, his death remains a mystery, without a suspect or motive, said Lt. Tory Jacobson, a spokesman for the Moorhead police."

So it went to an active investigation to a cold case with no suspects or motives however the police have not released any other information why exactly they think it was a homicide or the injuries related to Tom.

Well, I for one, don't believe this latest update by the PD. I simply don't believe this is a cold case with no suspects. From day one, they have never requested if anyone thinks they may have seen TB walking from the house back to the dorm in those early morning hours, contact the PD. Even when there's a robbery, PDs are asking for help from the public such as: "If you saw anyone in the area at the time of the robbery please contact the PD" But not in this case which was far more serious---a murder. Even though it was around 3:30 am when he left the party, there's always activity---people out and about, in a 6 block radius of a campus. And no requests for anyone to come forward if they saw anyone or any vehicles in the area of the RV lot during the time frame in question. I think they know much more than they're letting on. JMO

I agree with Rocco. I believe LE has a pretty good idea of whose involved and what happened and are waiting on additional evidence and/or information before arrest(s) are made.

Well, I for one, don't believe this latest update by the PD. I simply don't believe this is a cold case with no suspects. From day one, they have never requested if anyone thinks they may have seen TB walking from the house back to the dorm in those early morning hours, contact the PD. Even when there's a robbery, PDs are asking for help from the public such as: "If you saw anyone in the area at the time of the robbery please contact the PD" But not in this case which was far more serious---a murder. Even though it was around 3:30 am when he left the party, there's always activity---people out and about, in a 6 block radius of a campus. And no requests for anyone to come forward if they saw anyone or any vehicles in the area of the RV lot during the time frame in question. I think they know much more than they're letting on. JMO

Thank you for this post.

I understand what you are saying here. The wording does appear to be confusing.

I agree with Rocco. I believe LE has a pretty good idea of whose involved and what happened and are waiting on additional evidence and/or information before arrest(s) are made.

I believe this AND hope this...

Maybe the LE are just inadequate at doing their jobs? It's a real possibility. There are other UNSOLVED murders & crimes in Fargo.. I'm not sure they've given me reason to believe... But hopefully you are right.

My daughter is a year younger then Tom, her and all her friends carry backpacks. On a Friday night when they re heading out they all have them, I assume they carry beer in them or bongs.
I don't think it's strange Ton left with his back pack, but where is it now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a son who does not carry a backpack when he goes somewhere. I could see girls doing this more do than boys. But I guess you could be right...

I have a son who does not carry a backpack when he goes somewhere. I could see girls doing this more do than boys. But I guess you could be right...

My son carries his backpack when he's leaving for school, or staying at a girlfriends. Otherwise, he doesn't, that's how I know what he's doing without nosily asking.

:websleuther::dramaqueen:

Very quiet. Those lab tests must be showing up shortly.

I agree and thank you for summarizing this in a well thought out post. It's posts like this that keep the thread moving forward and hopefully the focus continues to be on Tom Bearson.

Thank you again.

Maybe the LE are just inadequate at doing their jobs? It's a real possibility. There are other UNSOLVED murders & crimes in Fargo.. I'm not sure they've given me reason to believe... But hopefully you are right.

There are unsolved murders and crimes in every city. In order to suspect LE in the FM area plus the FBI are inadequate at doing their jobs in this case, one should have statistics to show their solve rate is below the standard as compared to other cities.

https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=1&article_id=406961

Area investigators leave few murders unsolved

Local authorities have closed 92 percent of cases since 1993

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads