ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please correct me if my memory of the following is skewed or not...
Response to "lost" tweet entailed being "sloshed" (assuming drunk or whatever). Time of that response tweet anybody? So...at 12:02 AM tweeting consideration of whether "to go home or not" (while already too sloshed to leave and give ride?) and partying into way earlier hours like another four hours? But instead called "just hanging out"?

Well, I've lived here all my life so let me help you out. The transit system only runs from 7am to 11pm so he didn't run into any homeless people, crazy or otherwise, on a bus. And as far as homeless people, we don't have a very large population since when the temperatures in the winter reach -20 to -30 below zero, a brown house with the words 'this side up' on it isn't going to suffice.

Funny she was just talking about how the homeless population declines in the winter. And I am aware that the transit system doesn't run 24/7 -- my kids did/do a lot of walking late at night and ran into some unsavory characters. That was just a thought, not what she really thinks happened and I didn't post that last night for several reasons and think she may be right.

Thanks for your input though, I've been there several times as well and guess we'll see how this plays out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very early on in this thread, someone made a point that has stuck with me...and that was....
"If he was attacked by random strangers they would have no real reason to move the body, as they are already unknown to the victim. Why take the chance in moving him if you don't need to. His body had to have been moved because he was with people he knew, and had to move him from a location he was known to have been at. He was lifted over a fence and that takes more than one person".

I dunno. We've had plenty of cases on here that random strangers murdered someone and moved the body. I guess it would depend on where he was murdered. If it was at the RV place, then evidence would show that to be the crime scene. Thus if he was moved, it could have just been to a more secluded place at the RV shop.

If he was murdered at the last known place to be alive, then there's evidence of some sort there. College partying guys aren't known for being particularly tidy, IMO! Heck my grown husband isn't... but anyway, if I was an investigator and went to a party house that was very clean, my nose would be sniffing any cleaning products, and my red flag alert would be waving.

I think his phone records will help in this case, but unfortunately they take time to get because of new laws. So I don't know if LE has those yet.

If someone overdosed, or had an unknown medical condition that caused them to die, I'm not sure how a bunch of drunk young people would act. I would hope they would call 911 and seek help, but I don't think that always happens either. Yet, I truly don't believe this was an accident.

It's possible there's someone in the group that tends to get angry, jealous, short fused, when drinking. Seen too much of that in my younger years. Some get loud and boisterous. Some want to fight. Some just chill. If a fight occurred and instead of someone stopping it, others joined in, kind of like a pack mentality, then yes I could see the need to then move the body.

What I don't understand is WHY the RV place?? Maybe someone in the group has someone that works there? Did work there? Some familiarity to the RV place? :thinking: Otherwise it just doesn't make sense for him to be found THERE.

I've got hope this will be solved!! If the McStay case can be solved at 4yrs, then by gosh so can this case!!! Hopefully DNA under fingernails, phone records, injury from a high school, or college ring, something specific can be obtained, and an arrest soon! Those that know the answers should be on pins and watching over their shoulder at all times. The :copcar: is coming soon!! Whatcha gonna do?? Best interest would be get that lawyer and head into the station and tell what you know before they knock on your door!!!

I wonder if Tommy was wearing his necklace the night he was killed. Fischer has it now but did Tommy's parents give it to him? Was it found at the RV sales place?

Just wondering.

"Fischer also keeps tokens of their friendship in his locker: a photo of the two of them together, a copy of the funeral prayer service and Bearson's necklace, "the one he wore in the picture that all the news channels had when he was missing."

http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_26844883/ndsu-student-tommy-bearsons-death-remains-mystery

As in the McSt*y case & seemingly in the Christina Morr*ss case, ***the Last Known Person*** to be with the victim is key.
So was TB with "baseball players"....if so then who are they & where do they hang? Why would he meet up with them that late? Does his phone show contact with the "baseball players" in the wee hours?
Or was that talk of "baseball players" just a ruse to throw LE off a trail?

If TB was violently murdered (no release of the toxicology report has been made public) it was likely someone he knew. I wouldn't say that if he was a female or if he was frail. But TB was a young, strapping guy. Maybe he was hanging with a very dangerous crowd?
Dangerous "baseball players" is unlikely.

His friends know but they're not talking. I wonder why???

Has TB's parents retained a PI ???

All moo & speculation

I think it's important for us to remember that JW was the only one who had known Tommy before coming to college there. So those at the "trap" or party really were not his "friends" per se. And CM stated that he had only met him for the first time the night he went missing. JW was one year ahead of Tommy in school, so they were not in school together during his senior year. So knowing each other from a year before does not make them close "friends" in my mind. Team buddies maybe but not the type of friend that you could count on to look out for you IMO.

JMO's

As in the McSt*y case & seemingly in the Christina Morr*ss case, ***the Last Known Person*** to be with the victim is key.
So was TB with "baseball players"....if so then who are they & where do they hang? Why would he meet up with them that late? Does his phone show contact with the "baseball players" in the wee hours?

If TB was violently murdered (no release of the toxicology report has been made public) it was likely someone he knew. I wouldn't say that if he was a female or if he was frail. But TB was a young, strapping guy. Maybe he was hanging with a very dangerous crowd?

All moo & speculation

See Urban Slang dictionary for "baseball players."

All moo & speculation

I think even without the physical phone, phone records could be very telling (lets hope) for activity cease, and last individual(s) contacted by TB to to have contacted TB.

and i'm not sure if anyone brought this up yet, but there was a police metal detector in use at the crime scene?

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/26622277/timeline-of-ndsu-freshman-tom-bearsons-death

I don't know how standard it is for a metal detector to be used on a crime scene, but possibly looking for the murder weapon, buried phone, or bullets?

No one from ATF was ever @ the crime scene. Therefore, one can reasonably conclude that there was no gun involved. Anytime there is a suspicious event (murder, accident, suicide) involving a gun, an ATF agent is called in.

Does anyone know if phone records only give incoming and outgoing? Or any/all activity? I'm guessing the former.

I wonder if Tommy was wearing his necklace the night he was killed. Fischer has it now but did Tommy's parents give it to him? Was it found at the RV sales place?

Just wondering.

"Fischer also keeps tokens of their friendship in his locker: a photo of the two of them together, a copy of the funeral prayer service and Bearson's necklace, "the one he wore in the picture that all the news channels had when he was missing."

http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_26844883/ndsu-student-tommy-bearsons-death-remains-mystery

I would hope that it just came from his family, and that anything on him is being tested for any evidence :waiting:

Anyone here familiar with the slang version of "baseball players"?
I have not heard that term thrown around to mean anything other than it's literal form.
Any guesses on its slang meaning??

(Of course, this is just hypothetical speculation & may mean nothing directly to the TB case)

Moo

For those following - you may want to visit FB page In Memory of Tom Bearson for new postings from the friends mother who wrote to SCTimes.

For those following - you may want to visit FB page In Memory of Tom Bearson for new postings from the friends mother who wrote to SCTimes.

Thank you mama. No hints there though about who committed this heinous action, right?

So the mother of one of TB's high school friends writes a touching tribute about TB which effectively counters a recently published piece. Very good.
However, I garnered an interesting piece of info from it: TB was no longer playing basketball for his school.
He had been the captain of his high school basketball team with all of the popularity that brings. TB was tall enough & a point guard.....why wasn't he attending a college where he could continue to play the game he so loved?
He played everyday with his high school chum in the summer to help his friend hone his game for college (according to the friend's Mom's article). What happened to TB's own game? How'd he feel about not having that huge source of popularity going on within his circle at the collegiate level?
Did he miss that part of his identity & if so, how did he cope?
Bear in mind, he was young with very limited life experience skills.
Was TB on a path of re-inventing himself as a cool bad-boy gangsta' but it put him in grave danger?

Beyond the surface, did anybody really know TB or ask him the real questions?

Poor guy.

All moo
You bring about some good questions. I wonder why he didn't choose a school where he could play basketball too. I know in one article I read he was deciding between NDSU and the University of Minnesota. I have to believe that not playing basketball had to be a challenging transition and as you said "how did he cope"? He went from being so active and involved in the game to nothing...it had to be a big change. Was there boredom? To much idle time not knowing what to do? Which makes me wonder about his tweet the night of Sept. 20th where he says he never thought he would be bored on a Friday night. Then randomly leaves his dorm around 10 pm. What did he find to do? Where did him and Jake go? Why didn't they just go hang out at the trap? Then at 1:23 am the SOS tweet. So many questions.

His best friend Patrick came from that college to help search for Tommy. It could have well been him to have gone to the site where his buddy was found.

JMO

True jg, but why not approach the RV employees, explain that & ask about where TB was found to take a look? Everyone knows it's an unsolved murder so why risk anything due to grief or sentimentality?
Nope.....I think there was something there that this "visitor" wanted to see or locate but he almost got busted in doing so.
Except he slithered out in the nick of time!!!

True jg, but why not approach the RV employees, explain that & ask about where TB was found to take a look? Everyone knows it's an unsolved murder so why risk anything due to grief or sentimentality?
Nope.....I think there was something there that this "visitor" wanted to see or locate but he almost got busted in doing so.
Except he slithered out in the nick of time!!!
And isn't it said that criminals often return to the scene of the crime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway