ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It really disturbed me when I read that some posters attempted to call the # in the tweet. What did they think it would accomplish? stalking young mens twitter, Facebook or wherever and then posting their daily activities is also a bit strange when a stranger does it. Unless you are directly involved or part of the LE team...this behavior is just out of line. Kids talk big sometimes ... and tend to talk even bigger when crazy finger pointers are watching their every move... (I could be wrong... but I just don't see the angle some of you see) Too many read or heard something and ran with it... and it became fact here.

This is what is known...
1. Tom died of Homicidal violence. (could be anything from a beating to a hit and run)
2. His phone and shoe are missing.
3. LE has stated they have no suspects.

I was on campus for a game the day Tom did not make it home. So this is personal for me. so many questions without answers... This boy could be a twin of my own son right down to the blue eyes and long eye lashes..

why is it taking so long with the final autopsy report? The toxicology will likely show alcohol in his system and we should not be surprised if there are additional drugs in his system...(kids do stupid things when they our away from parental guidance) so why the delay?
There was a case in the Bisman area a while back where party goers dropped a young man off at the hospital 2 days after being knocked out after a fight.. If they ever release it to the public and he was clean.... then I will look at the people he was last with closer.

Until then... I look at fellow tailgaters a bit different since that day... so many drunks in RVs looking for a place to park before the lot opens up at the dome.

I am unaware of anyone here at WS calling a phone number from the tweet in this case. Is that what you're inferring? I find the posters on WS to have good intentions & provide useful information as a whole & that's why a lot of us are here.
Anyway, there's a lot I could say but will refrain.
I feel there is very good reasons why his autopsy/toxicology reports have not been released to the public because typically they would have after this length of time.

I am unaware of anyone here at WS calling a phone number from the tweet in this case. Is that what you're inferring? I find the posters on WS to have good intentions & provide useful information as a whole & that's why a lot of us are here.
Anyway, there's a lot I could say but will refrain.
I feel there is very good reasons why his autopsy/toxicology reports have not been released to the public because typically they would have after this length of time.

Does LE legally have to release the reports? Are they public knowledge? Just wondering...

North Dakota exempts from disclosing crime scene photos of homicides, IMO.

Does LE legally have to release the reports? Are they public knowledge? Just wondering...

Death certs are public (& some forms list a basic cause of death only) but each state has their own rules of disclosure regarding autopsy/toxicology results.

Since the body was found in Minnesota, doesn't that state's rules apply?

Typically, the homeless and "drunks" would hang out in the downtown area, people would be more likely to give them money there and the types of bar/liquor establishments they would frequent would be closer to the downtown area. NDSU is quite a way from downtown...over a mile. Bars close here at 2am with last call at about 1:30-1:40, the drinking age is 21 and they're very strict about checking IDs. I worked at a downtown bar for over 10 years and would still have to have my ID scanned when I entered. Even with a fake ID, there really wouldn't be any reason to head that way, after the time of his last tweet of 1:23am, especially if he was on foot.

That being said... if his last tweet was sent while they were already downtown, he could have engaged someone that followed them to the party house and waited.

Since the body was found in Minnesota, doesn't that state's rules apply?

Good question----I don't know if the area located is the determine factor or the state of residence of the victim is the determine factor when it comes to releasing autopsy results of a homicide.

Since Moorhead PD is leading the investigation, it seems the MN law applies as to release of information.

Since Moorhead PD is leading the investigation, it seems the MN law applies as to release of information.
You would think so, right?
I don't understand that if Moorhead PD is leading the investigation, why Fargo is the PD that released media reports? It makes sense since he was found in Moorhead, but it doesn't make sense then why Moorhead PD has not been the one to release reports on the investigation? I understand that they are working together, but you would think that the lead investigators would offer the reports.

Then the tweets must adjust no matter what time zone where the reader is located, because I am MST. IMO when someone chooses to put something on the world wide web, they should understand that ANYONE could read it. That's what I've taught my children and stand by myself. I've also informed them that text they send are no different than signing a piece of paper, and can be used in a court of law, so to be mindful of that.

Most of the articles I have seen related to the investigation contain direct quotes from Lt. Tory Jacobson, who is with the Moorhead PD. They are the lead investigators because the body was found there.

It really disturbed me when I read that some posters attempted to call the # in the tweet. What did they think it would accomplish? stalking young mens twitter, Facebook or wherever and then posting their daily activities is also a bit strange when a stranger does it. Unless you are directly involved or part of the LE team...this behavior is just out of line. Kids talk big sometimes ... and tend to talk even bigger when crazy finger pointers are watching their every move... (I could be wrong... but I just don't see the angle some of you see) Too many read or heard something and ran with it... and it became fact here.

This is what is known...
1. Tom died of Homicidal violence. (could be anything from a beating to a hit and run)
2. His phone and shoe are missing.
3. LE has stated they have no suspects.

I was on campus for a game the day Tom did not make it home. So this is personal for me. so many questions without answers... This boy could be a twin of my own son right down to the blue eyes and long eye lashes..

why is it taking so long with the final autopsy report? The toxicology will likely show alcohol in his system and we should not be surprised if there are additional drugs in his system...(kids do stupid things when they our away from parental guidance) so why the delay?
There was a case in the Bisman area a while back where party goers dropped a young man off at the hospital 2 days after being knocked out after a fight.. If they ever release it to the public and he was clean.... then I will look at the people he was last with closer.

Until then... I look at fellow tailgaters a bit different since that day... so many drunks in RVs looking for a place to park before the lot opens up at the dome.
I, for one, do not assume anything is fact here, or even what is published in the media, no matter who the source is because I realize that too many other factors can play into what is being offered in the way of opinions, interpretation, speculation, emotional attachment or lack of therein, and the angle or method that LE is using.
The ONLY person that really knows exactly what happened is Tom, and sadly he will not ever get to tell anyone that story in this lifetime. I hope that everyone here is here because we are all just searching for justice for Tom in the only way we can or know how. It is all about the intentions, and I like to believe we are all here with good intentions. Sometimes, someone may overstep a boundary in what might strike a cord to another, but I like to believe that is not intentional either. We are all here from different walks of life, hoping for justice for Tom.

I, for one, do not assume anything is fact here, or even what is published in the media, no matter who the source is because I realize that too many other factors can play into what is being offered in the way of opinions, interpretation, speculation, emotional attachment or lack of therein, and the angle or method that LE is using.
The ONLY person that really knows exactly what happened is Tom, and sadly he will not ever get to tell anyone that story in this lifetime. I hope that everyone here is here because we are all just searching for justice for Tom in the only way we can or know how. It is all about the intentions, and I like to believe we are all here with good intentions. Sometimes, someone may overstep a boundary in what might strike a cord to another, but I like to believe that is not intentional either. We are all here from different walks of life, hoping for justice for Tom.
I also am aware that justice isn't ALWAYS served even with an arrest and a conviction. Otherwise, there would not be so many overturned convictions due to later DNA testing. Lets hope there is DNA in this case.

Honestly I am offended how a poster haphazardly uses the word "drunks" like they are awful people. Most "drunks" I know wouldn't hurt a fly. And also the reference to "Native American gangs..." Really? Am
I naive because I don't know of this elephant! I dare say RACE is probably not a factor in this murder.

In addition... People aren't killed in Fargo for their shoes. This isn't Detroit.

Everyone here now knows what kind of 'drunks were up there'. College kids partying at the trap house every weekend and continuing to party even after one of their peers was found dead. Middle to upper class white college kids who were not homeless drunks hanging around bus stations or ethnic gangs who are also a bunch of drunks, according to you. Perhaps we need to look no further than the people he was last seen with, one of them whom which the family refuses to accept condolences from. Or we can continue to look for a homeless person or a minority person who beat him up and killed him for his sneakers. A one legged minority or homeless person, by the way, since only one shoe is missing.

Bravo. I did my post before I read yours. I agree 119%.

Honestly I am offended how a poster haphazardly uses the word "drunks" like they are awful people. Most "drunks" I know wouldn't hurt a fly. And also the reference to "Native American gangs..." Really? Am
I naive because I don't know of this elephant! I dare say RACE is probably not a factor in this murder.

In addition... People aren't killed in Fargo for their shoes. This isn't Detroit.

Hitting the thanks button for your post isn't enough!!! Not all homeless people are drunks---some are just down on their luck and have no where to live. And there are all kinds of gangs---Black gangs, Hispanic gangs, WHITE gangs and yes Native American gangs. But to single out Native Americans is offensive and I don't know about that elephant either and I've lived in ND my whole life.

I did not mean to offend. I'm going to simply state that I did separate the two with the word and. I also explained them separately as well. I did not intend to state homeless are drunks and even when I reread my quote below I don't get that interpretation. I too will now step away from this board.

Typically, the homeless and "drunks" would hang out in the downtown area, people would be more likely to give them money there and the types of bar/liquor establishments they would frequent would be closer to the downtown area. NDSU is quite a way from downtown...over a mile. Bars close here at 2am with last call at about 1:30-1:40, the drinking age is 21 and they're very strict about checking IDs. I worked at a downtown bar for over 10 years and would still have to have my ID scanned when I entered. Even with a fake ID, there really wouldn't be any reason to head that way, after the time of his last tweet of 1:23am, especially if he was on foot.

That being said... if his last tweet was sent while they were already downtown, he could have engaged someone that followed them to the party house and waited.

As we know, the reporter was interviewing TB's room mate. His room mate talked about what he knew about-----what Tom's typical day was like and Tom's overall life in the month he lived with him while they were attending college. It was what it was.

How is this different from Sailor Moon or North Dakota's discussing what a typical day (from what they've observed) in the life of some drunks and homeless people is like?

I wish the "gang" mentality would stop on this thread. If you don't like another's opinion ignore it and don't like it, but if it isn't about you personally, maybe learn to let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme