ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone's view is different, and thank God for that, I couldn't survive in a world full of just Me's

I'm enjoying the activity on this thread lately. Let's keep it going! As a side note, I do a lot of work to benefit the homeless in my professional life. Also, I have a close family member that was homeless for decades. So I appreciate Rocco's comment to use precaution when using all encompassing stereotypes. It's easy to go down that path, but critical thinking will lead you down another. The truth is, all paths may need to be explored before we stumble upon the truth. That's why everyone's input is valuable.

I did not mean to offend. I'm going to simply state that I did separate the two with the word and. I also explained them separately as well. I did not intend to state homeless are drunks and even when I reread my quote below I don't get that interpretation. I too will now step away from this board.
I personally was not offended by your post, nor did I think you meant to offend by using the word "drunks". What I appreciated from your post was how you thought they may not have gone the way of "downtown" because of the drinking age and checking ID's. No doubt Tom would have avoided any further trouble with underage drinking. I have always felt whoever killed Tom was no stranger to him, but rather a friend or acquaintance. I hope you reconsider and continue to post.

Hope this is only 10% (that's the amount you can post from article, right?)

"Bearson's final tweet was sent about 1:20 a.m. to Cody Mead, who lives with Wenzel. It reads: "dude it's jake come pick us up. ... We are so lost and we are going to die. Just get somebody."

Pat Fischer, Bearson's best friend from high school, said that tweet received too much attention. "I know he was fine after he tweeted that," Fischer said.

Fischer last heard from his best friend about 1:30 a.m., when they were exchanging video messages via Snapchat. "

According to this, the "lost" tweet was at 1:20 am, and Fischer last heard from TB at 1:30 am. That is only 10 minutes. Fischer said TB did not open his response back to him. How can he be so sure it was Tom that sent that message. Tom didn't even appear to send the "lost" tweet, right? How can he be so sure that meant Tom was fine after the lost tweet. I have some reserve on that. I've been wondering about the time of the "lost" tweet and here it is in an article saying 1:20 am.

I wonder why some people's time stamp on the "lost" tweet say 11:23? That is weird. Because I have seen it as 1:23 am.

Yes, the twitter time stamp issue needs to be verified asap. I am not a twitterer... who can help and give us 100% confidence in the time it was posted???

And much to someone's disappointment I'm sure -- I am NOT stepping away from this thread. I see you've been successful in running a few people off, but as a mother who has a son living up there alone as well, I want the killer caught and put away. For all we know the killer could be on the board spinning things as they want. Or seeing what direction or what people really know.

Is anyone familiar with Snapchat? If you have the app on your phone, does it require a password to send a message through it, or could anyone take your phone (if your phone isn't password protected) and message someone through Snapchat? You youngins out there who are familiar----help with these questions please?

Is anyone familiar with Snapchat? If you have the app on your phone, does it require a password to send a message through it, or could anyone take your phone (if your phone isn't password protected) and message someone through Snapchat? You youngins out there who are familiar----help with these questions please?
If you stay logged into snapchat, which i think most people do, anyone could take your phone and send a message/pic. It doesn't require a password each time you use the app.

I would think (hope) that since the article posted the tweet as being 1:20 am, that it is likely more accurate than 11:23. I would think his best friend would know this information.

I have snapchat and don't get it for the life of me. My kids use it all the time and added mine on mine phone. No, I do not have to enter a password every time.

Reading these posts at times reminds me of spending a holiday with my family and the topic of politics comes up. You don't always have to agree, but for the sake of family unity you keep your pie hole shut and listen to all sides. No criticizing and certainly no pouting. A investigator friend of mine once told me most murders happen at the hands of family, (ex) lovers, or due to a drug related circumstance - then any other reason. He said meth heads are the most dangerous people out there. I heard this described (quoted) by Dana Fischer as "senseless". What does that term mean to you?

Sorry. I didn't mean to call out an individual person! I just really do not think race played much of a part on this. I took offense to someone (I didn't even know who) call out "Native American gangs" because I am, I guess, ignorant of such a thing. My fault. I do not wish to get involved in picking on people's posts!

Please accept my apology NORTH DAKOTA! I honestly mean it.

I really do mean it.

Sorry. I didn't mean to call out an individual person! I just really do not think race played much of a part on this. I took offense to someone (I didn't even know who) call out "Native American gangs" because I am, I guess, ignorant of such a thing. My fault. I do not wish to get involved in picking on people's posts!

Please accept my apology NORTH DAKOTA! I honestly mean it.

I really do mean it.
I like your post and I agree with you. I don't think Tom's murder was gang or racially motivated.

Reading these posts at times reminds me of spending a holiday with my family and the topic of politics comes up. You don't always have to agree, but for the sake of family unity you keep your pie hole shut and listen to all sides. No criticizing and certainly no pouting. A investigator friend of mine once told me most murders happen at the hands of family, (ex) lovers, or due to a drug related circumstance - then any other reason. He said meth heads are the most dangerous people out there. I heard this described (quoted) by Dana Fischer as "senseless". What does that term mean to you?
No reason for it, pointless.
But...that is coming from a victim's perspective, right?
The perpetrator might view it completely different. Heinous crimes are committed between "loved ones", friends, and strangers. Young people can get riled up over all kinds of drama that older age people just shake their heads about. Usually I've seen that occur when it involves drama with girlfriends, boyfriends, friends of girlfriends, friends of boyfriends, and sometimes they hear so and so said this about you like "you cheated on me", etc. Sometimes things get out of hand emotionally. Speculating.....

That is a good question. To me it means for absolutely no good reason.

Honestly I am mortified that I made anyone feel like I was attacking their post. Honestly, the references to "drunks" just offended me because I have worked with them as well. I wasn't thinking clearly when I went off on a tangent.

I like this threading better lately! I honestly am sorry for making someone feel like their posts weren't worthy or thoughtful. So SailorMoon & North Dakota & whoever else that felt I was a "part of the problem," I apologize. I am normally level-headed. Promise.

Honestly I am mortified that I made anyone feel like I was attacking their post. Honestly, the references to "drunks" just offended me because I have worked with them as well. I wasn't thinking clearly when I went off on a tangent.
I like this threading better lately! I honestly am sorry for making someone feel like their posts weren't
worthy or thoughtful. So SailorMoon & North Dakota & whoever else that felt I was a "part of the
problem," I apologize. I am normally level-headed. Promise.

I'm just speaking for myself, but I would say don't worry about it. Just like family, if I were to take to heart every time my sister said something insulting or ignorant (not that you did) I would be spending half my days in tears, and the other half figuring out a way to rip her wind pipe out. My point. NO ONE, should feel like a target, or take anything personal, or feel apprehensive in sharing, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back