ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And just for the record, I am a small part Native American. I never meant to offend anyone, I just call it as I see it. Personally, I don't think this was a stranger/random killing, but as to who/what/where/motive, could be a number of things.

But still, doesn't this make 2 male college kids murders without a clue? Not a serial killer yet but this would concern me if I lived there. No, Fargo isn't Detroit but we don't even have anything going like that here in Dallas. Something's going on.

Maybe if someone wants to share something stereotypical and offensive or borderline racist when then they should indeed feel apprehensive about sharing it here, just MOO etc. *That's* what would create a more welcoming and less hostile place here.

Honestly I am mortified that I made anyone feel like I was attacking their post. Honestly, the references to "drunks" just offended me because I have worked with them as well. I wasn't thinking clearly when I went off on a tangent.

I like this threading better lately! I honestly am sorry for making someone feel like their posts weren't worthy or thoughtful. So SailorMoon & North Dakota & whoever else that felt I was a "part of the problem," I apologize. I am normally level-headed. Promise.

Fwiw, I have no problem with you and quoted the poster who has jumped on me for every post I made. Bottom line, there's a murderer running loose and that's what my concern is.

I'm just speaking for myself, but I would say don't worry about it. Just like family, if I were to take to heart every time my sister said something insulting or ignorant (not that you did) I would be spending half my days in tears, and the other half figuring out a way to rip her wind pipe out. My point. NO ONE, should feel like a target, or take anything personal, or feel apprehensive in sharing, right?
Love it...especially the wind pipe part... It made me laugh..I think it is safe to say we can all relate to that. I agree that no one should feel apprehensive about sharing. Sharing thoughts have allowed me to see some things in a different way.

Time of death could be very telling in this case. The way I understood it the weather was quite warm, the blow-fly larvae is very indicative I've heard, and if weather was warm... That usually isn't included in the public results I believe, however :tantrum: Like was mentioned before, each state has their own protocol

Who killed him and why? I hope LE has more of a clue than I do. I just couldn't imagine his poor family.

Does anyone know what weather was like on that date in Fargo and Moorhead? Does anyone know MN protocol for releasing final autopsy and toxicology results to the press?

I'm starting to think of this as some kind of accident gone bad. It might be possible that he actually died where he was found. If they were doing something stupid in that parking lot and he happened hit his head or get run over by a car and died, I can imagine the group of friends just panicking and leaving the scene. Its hard to imagine a group of drunk teenagers murdering him and trying to cover their trail so much as to get rid of a body across town. But then again i dont even know who the suspects are or how he even died.. so anythings really still possible

I'm starting to think of this as some kind of accident gone bad. It might be possible that he actually died where he was found. If they were doing something stupid in that parking lot and he happened hit his head or get run over by a car and died, I can imagine the group of friends just panicking and leaving the scene. Its hard to imagine a group of drunk teenagers murdering him and trying to cover their trail so much as to get rid of a body across town. But then again i dont even know who the suspects are or how he even died.. so anythings really still possible

I've always felt there was a strong possibility he died where he was found. He wasn't hidden or buried so why would anyone pick that location to leave a body out in the open. Add to that the fact LE said they checked the RV lot based on a tip and found him within 20 minutes just adds to my suspicions.

That's sort of what I'm leaning towards, but more a long the lines of disagreement or accident gone bad (way bad). As far as the location of his death, he could have died there, and been dragged through the lot to an area less conspicuous (like between RVs) thus causing shoe to come off. This could explain why he wasn't noticed sooner at the RV lot. Shoe and Phone could have just been taken and discarded (battery removed). Maybe the info of the ping of his phone in that area wasn't obtained until morning of 9-23-14 (even though phone was long gone). If someone else was using his phone already, it wouldn't be odd for it to just be taken too. Speculation only....

Time of death could be very telling in this case. The way I understood it the weather was quite warm, the blow-fly larvae is very indicative I've heard, and if weather was warm... That usually isn't included in the public results I believe, however :tantrum: Like was mentioned before, each state has their own protocol

Yes, and the reported poor condition that his body was found in I'm sure was caused in part by the rodent activity of being left in a field for 3 days. If he already had injuries, the attraction was amplified. (Sorry to be graphic)

Do I understand this right??--that if you disengage the GPS function on a phone, then it won't ping even if the battery is intact, is that right?

Do I understand this right??--that if you disengage the GPS function on a phone, then it won't ping even if the battery is intact, is that right?

I don't think so. Cell phones have always pinged---long beore the addition of a GPS function. They find a tower when they're on, no matter if they're in use or not---and ping.

Does anyone know, can pings be obtained days after they occurred, and where is the information received from about the pings? Does it have to be requested from the service provider and could it take several days to get a report from them?

http://www.twincities.com/localnews/...emains-mystery

"Bearson's final tweet was sent about 1:20 a.m. to Cody Mead, who lives with Wenzel. It reads: "dude it's jake come pick us up. ... We are so lost and we are going to die. Just get somebody." Pat Fischer, Bearson's best friend from high school, said that tweet received too much attention. "I know he was fine after he tweeted that," Fischer said. Fischer last heard from his best friend about 1:30 a.m., when they were exchanging video messages via Snapchat. "

According to this, the "lost" tweet was at 1:20 am, and Fischer last heard from TB at 1:30 am. That is only 10 minutes. Fischer said TB did not open his response back to him. How can he be so SURE it was Tom that sent that message. Tom didn't even appear to send the "lost" tweet, right? How can he be so SURE that meant Tom was fine after the lost tweet. I have some reserve on that. I've been wondering about the time of the "lost" tweet and here it is in an article saying 1:20 am.
Also...I'm told anyone can send a snapchat message on someone elses phone as long as the phone itself is not password protected.

Does anyone know, can pings be obtained days after they occurred, and where is the information received from about the pings? Does it have to be requested from the service provider and could it take several days to get a report from them?

as far as i know it just gives information about the closest cell phone tower that relayed the information, but they could compare the signal location from when his phone was last on to when he left the party to see if the story matches up with the location and time

Don't generalize and don't bicker please. It's disrupting to the discussion.

Salem

as far as i know it just gives information about the closest cell phone tower that relayed the information, but they could compare the signal location from when his phone was last on to when he left the party to see if the story matches up with the location and time

:yourock: :happydance: :eek:fftobed:

Just got to hope there are lots of various towers within and between Fargo and Moorhead! :please:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway