ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just throw in' this out there to our fellow young WS posters: is it common for associates to get tattoos when another one passes on?

Just curious.....

I saw the girlfriend's tattoos on her FB page. I'm not of the younger set but have boys that are. It is something that I've seen amongst their friends.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Just throw in' this out there to our fellow young WS posters: is it common for associates to get tattoos when another one passes on?

Just curious.....

I think it's normal. But that's about the only thing I think is normal among some of the friends associated with Tom.

Two questions I would love to hear from my sleuthers about:

What if there was no anonymous tip that led LE to explore Larry's RV---maybe it was pings from TB's I-phone (which I heard pings even if phone is off/dead)? Maybe that was what the stranger young man was looking for? And what if LE/FBI were able to find TB because they brought in metal detectors & are reviewing the history.

And second, a poster on the TB memorium FB page said something about a friend in an interview (channel 4) showed bruises & cuts. I wonder if any of you locals know about this?

Now I'm even firmer in my theory of a fight that went too far. Over the weekend, a young guy I know that is 17 was out partying and drinking. Told his Mom he was one place, his girlfriend he was with his Mom. Yet, he was at a party, groping girls, and being obnoxious and a total a$$. He got beat up and was knocked out, either from the alcohol or the beating. BUT, NOT ONE PERSON CALL FOR HELP!!! I wasn't there of course, but from what I hear, they felt he'd sober up and sleep it off. He came home at 7:30 the next morning with two black eyes, and rather banged up. Refuses to say who beat him up, if he even knows. But point being, he could have layed there and died, and his parents, girlfriend, and true friends wouldn't have known a thing. He wasn't with any of his usual friends!!!

SO yes, I can see my theory very well could be true.

Just a bit of info regarding phone use....
Where i'm from, yes, most young people have phones which they keep with them all the time.
However, many many people don't have unlimited calls/texts/internet usage on their phone-contract, also many people are on pay-as-you-go not contract, which also limits your out-going services to some degree.
So as a result they're ALWAYS using each others phone's to contact others, literally, always.
So you might get a call from a number thats stored in your phone as Jimmy only to find out its Harry, he just didn't have any credit on his own phone so he used jimmys phone instead.
Their phones aren't considered shared property at all, its just that there's always someone with no credit on their phone (harry) and always someone with credit on theirs that they can use (jimmy).
This kind of thing is totally normal, it happens literally all the time.
And the person with no credit for out-going calls can still receive incoming calls, so their own phone is still on and you can still contact them yourself. They just don't have the ability to contact YOU.
I hope this is helpful.

I respectfully disagree with this one, at least the way it is here. My now 13yo finally got an iPhone for Christmas last year, and he was among one of the last in class/age group to get one. And even then all single mom here could afford was the free iPhone 4. Everyone my college kids have come on contact with have a better phone than their iPhone4, and I wouldn't think of having anything less than unlimited everything on all phones -- because it would cost me a fortune in overages!! Point being, my college kids are in reality the poorer of the students up there, I just don't see or have heard of any college student with a prepay or sharing phones. Everyone has their own fancy phone. I wonder why he used Tom's phone as well. Maybe to set up a firm disappearance time??

Just curious.....

There's was a girl who died here over the summer, she was around tom's age. She died tragically, but not at the hands of someone else. I can't even count how many people got tattoos in her memory. I know of this because they posted the pictures on Instagram and facebook. Some while they were getting them done. I found that a wee bit odd. But, that is just MOO. I will say sadly this isn't the first 20 something I have seen to die. I personally feel that it is a newer thing to do when someone dies. Again I mean no disrespect, but also like the hashtags and bracelets. When she died, they had both of those for her....same for this other guy. Flashback to five years ago none of that was happening. Nothing wrong with keeping the memory alive. And I am not bashing these people I have known forever. Just making observations of how times change.

There's was a girl who died here over the summer, she was around tom's age. She died tragically, but not at the hands of someone else. I can't even count how many people got tattoos in her memory. I know of this because they posted the pictures on Instagram and facebook. Some while they were getting them done. I found that a wee bit odd. But, that is just MOO. I will say sadly this isn't the first 20 something I have seen to die. I personally feel that it is a newer thing to do when someone dies. Again I mean no disrespect, but also like the hashtags and bracelets. When she died, they had both of those for her....same for this other guy. Flashback to five years ago none of that was happening. Nothing wrong with keeping the memory alive. And I am not bashing these people I have known forever. Just making observations of how times change.

I agree with you. I also have a tattoo in my friends honor - he died of cancer after a long battle. I am 50. It was my first. I just added another UND Sioux logo (I say this for Rocco). In total, there are about 50 of us with tattoos in the memory of our friend. I don't think it is strange.. I mean, I'm old. & I have one.. Of course the young kids have them!
If someone would get Tommy tattoo AND also be responsible for his death? That would be borderline psychotic behavior. It would speak to no "consciousness of guilt."

I have a hard time wrapping my mind around this crime.

seems odd a bunch of friends get tattoos as soon as he dies, not seeming to leave any time for them to wait to understand what happened to their friend or who killed him. i'm sure it doesn't relate to the case.. maybe just a sign of immaturity and the prevalence of tattoos these days

Could this "homicidal violence" be a random, accidental hit-and-run scenario and could the body have been taken then dumped in a panic (the logic of an intoxicated mind at 4 a.m., perhaps)? One of the previous rumors stated that his injuries seemed consistent with having been dragged behind a car...being run over could explain injuries of this type in addition to the other injuries being rumored (cuts and bruises, injured hands), and could also explain why the scent trail ends abruptly. Also fitting into this "panic" scenario could be the missing shoe and phone, which the perp(s?) may not have even realized they still had in their vehicle until some point later (and perhaps could still have?).

In this line of thinking I would question if any of the seemingly suspicious behavior from Tom's friends/associates could simply be due to the drug involvement that night (I find myself leaning towards the drug-related meaning of the "lost" tweet). My disorganized thoughts/opinions only.

Yeah, I've considered that too. But when they called it homicidal violence, I assumed that would be something different.

I happen to remember that sometime within the last 10 years or so, there were two hit and runs like that within a short period of time like 2 days. I think at least one was in that same area, on University Dr, and there was actually a shoe left in the middle of the street.

The guy was drunk, didn't remember any of it of course, until one of his friends or something noticed his car was messed up and it was on the news the next day.

I have been looking back through the wonderful archives AmandaReconwith has created. Reread the article from Fergus Falls Journal 9/24 summarizing the case and interviews with both Fargo & Moorhead LE. I think it is very interesting that neither confirmed or denied "last known location or time".

"When asked if the site just south of campus remained Bearson’s last known location, Vettel said he could not comment on that and referred questions to Moorhead police.
Jacobson said he could not comment on Bearson’s last known location."

Here is the full article: http://www.fergusfallsjournal.com/2...-student-tips-phone-tracking-led-to-moorhead/

Does anyone remember seeing/hearing anything directly from LE that they confirmed the last known location as 824 14th Street (the trap)?

With what we know in facts, was any location, or reason given on why JW & TB left the trap? Has anyone on this site recall seeing anything mentioned in regards to a timeline of events from anyone others than CM? Are there witnesses claiming TB actually returned to the trap after the tweet that stated they were "lost"? According to the timeline (correct me if I am wrong), the snapchat conversation between TB & PF took place after the "lost" tweet. Do we know if the actual snapchats included pics of TB? The conversations seemed pretty generic. Conversations that could be faked by a hometown friend? JW sends a tweet to CM. CM tells him to text him back - I assume for privacy reasons. Maybe all kinds of reasons to hang onto a phone if your not familiar with how to permanently delete it's history? Did I read somewhere on here JW lawyered-up? Just think if you were a kid coming home from college after an event like this. As a parent, I know when my kids are up to no good. Can you imagine if a kids really screwed up and he comes home and looks Mom in the eye for the first time? My kids would be blubbering idiots. If there is any truth to JW having an attorney, perhaps they are sitting back waiting for the shoe to drop?

Does anyone remember seeing/hearing anything directly from LE that they confirmed the last known location as 824 14th Street (the trap)?

Nope, they never confirmed it. The Fargo cops were saying that was the last known location when he was missing. Then the Moorhead Police said they searched that rv place of all places because of tips, cell phone tracking, and proximity to his last known location. By the way they worded it, it doesn't seem to make sense that we are to believe that Fargo was his last known location.

With what we know in facts, was any location, or reason given on why JW & TB left the trap? Has anyone on this site recall seeing anything mentioned in regards to a timeline of events from anyone others than CM? Are there witnesses claiming TB actually returned to the trap after the tweet that stated they were "lost"? According to the timeline (correct me if I am wrong), the snapchat conversation between TB & PF took place after the "lost" tweet. Do we know if the actual snapchats included pics of TB? The conversations seemed pretty generic. Conversations that could be faked by a hometown friend? JW sends a tweet to CM. CM tells him to text him back - I assume for privacy reasons. Maybe all kinds of reasons to hang onto a phone if your not familiar with how to permanently delete it's history? Did I read somewhere on here JW lawyered-up? Just think if you were a kid coming home from college after an event like this. As a parent, I know when my kids are up to no good. Can you imagine if a kids really screwed up and he comes home and looks Mom in the eye for the first time? My kids would be blubbering idiots. If there is any truth to JW having an attorney, perhaps they are sitting back waiting for the shoe to drop?

I don't recall seeing anything that said TB and JW were at the trap before sending that ”lost” tweet to CM. I'm assuming that they were and they went out to get ”something” and couldn't find their way back. The ”lost” tweet did come before the snap chats between TB and PF, but CM didn't tell JW to text him back for privacy, etc. He replied to the ” lost” tweet saying ”text me the address”. According to CM both TB and JW were at the trap after the ”lost” tweet leaving us to assume that someone picked them up or sent them directions; I don't think we know for sure how and when they arrived at the trap. I also don't think we know if TB's snap chats with PF included TB's picture or video, only that we've been told that PF believed it was TB himself that sent them. JW did lawyer up shortly after returning home. He was receiving a lot of threatening tweets, texts and phone calls after news spread about TB's missing/death and people became aware of the ” lost” tweet. That could be the reason for the lawyer, but maybe not. I think TB and JW went out to get drugs that night and got lost in an unfamiliar area, but that's jmo. I'm not sure if TB made it to the trap that night; we only have CM's version and as far as I know he's the only one that said that TB was there and that he left the trap ” to go hang out with some baseball players” around 3:40.

Two questions I would love to hear from my sleuthers about:

What if there was no anonymous tip that led LE to explore Larry's RV---maybe it was pings from TB's I-phone (which I heard pings even if phone is off/dead)? Maybe that was what the stranger young man was looking for? And what if LE/FBI were able to find TB because they brought in metal detectors & are reviewing the history.

And second, a poster on the TB memorium FB page said something about a friend in an interview (channel 4) showed bruises & cuts. I wonder if any of you locals know about this?

LE did say based on cell pings, tips, etc. I think that the phone did track there and they brought the metal detectors to try to locate the phone. I don't think a phone can ping once the battery is dead or removed though. I'm pretty sure it needs to be on to connect to a tower. Does anyone else know if that's true?

LE did say based on cell pings, tips, etc. I think that the phone did track there and they brought the metal detectors to try to locate the phone. I don't think a phone can ping once the battery is dead or removed though. I'm pretty sure it needs to be on to connect to a tower. Does anyone else know if that's true?

You are correct. The phone will no longer ping if the battery is dead or has been removed.

I agree with you. I also have a tattoo in my friends honor - he died of cancer after a long battle. I am 50. It was my first. I just added another UND Sioux logo (I say this for Rocco). In total, there are about 50 of us with tattoos in the memory of our friend. I don't think it is strange.. I mean, I'm old. & I have one.. Of course the young kids have them!
If someone would get Tommy tattoo AND also be responsible for his death? That would be borderline psychotic behavior. It would speak to no "consciousness of guilt."

I have a hard time wrapping my mind around this crime.

I don't think anyone is judging tattoos but as Mattz said best---they are being very quickly done without ANY talk of solving TB's violent homicide....it's almost like they resigned themselves to his death without the need for justice!!!???
Where's the outrage???

Could this "homicidal violence" be a random, accidental hit-and-run scenario and could the body have been taken then dumped in a panic (the logic of an intoxicated mind at 4 a.m., perhaps)? One of the previous rumors stated that his injuries seemed consistent with having been dragged behind a car...being run over could explain injuries of this type in addition to the other injuries being rumored (cuts and bruises, injured hands), and could also explain why the scent trail ends abruptly. Also fitting into this "panic" scenario could be the missing shoe and phone, which the perp(s?) may not have even realized they still had in their vehicle until some point later (and perhaps could still have?).

In this line of thinking I would question if any of the seemingly suspicious behavior from Tom's friends/associates could simply be due to the drug involvement that night (I find myself leaning towards the drug-related meaning of the "lost" tweet). My disorganized thoughts/opinions only.

I don't think your first part of your hypothesis is correct. It has been rumored (or even commented in the public Memorium FB page for TB) that there were defensive types of wounds/cuts to his hands. I think he may have been dragged after a huge altercation....but I don't believe this had anything to do with an accident. Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member