ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yea its prime yik yak time when all this happened. ive seen fights break out over connections from there where a bunch of kids are in one room and people figure whos talking to who

Help me. I must be a hundred. What's yik yak?

Mama---I always had the distinct thought that JW could've been using TB's phone because TB could've been dead or seriously injured & that's why TB wasn't making the call to CM himself. I don't know where JW's phone was but there could've been a **profound** reason why he was using TB's phone.

However & even more curious is a variety of friends statements that counter it---like it was just a reference to COD (really?----NOT!!!) & another saying they were back at the trap after that. And then there's the old timeline snafu as to when the call/snapchat happened with PF.

None of it makes sense....

In regards to the timeline snafu on the PF snap chat. Do we know if JW also knew PF? Could, he fake a conversation? Who initiated the snap chat conversation? PF, or TB? Did The communicator on TB's end actually take a selfie? Or when the snap chat came in, did JW respond acting as TB and snap a different pic? Maybe he responded, then figured he better chuck the cell in the river.

As far as the reason why JW had TB's phone. Maybe JW dropped his and broke it when he ran to save his skin. When he went back to check on TB, his cell was still in his pocket? Or his got broke in the fight?

i dont know any kids who run out of phone or text since no one talks on the phone and everyone has unlimited text but sometimes they run outta their data package. maybe he used tbs phone cause his died.

Mostly true on my end, although the 13yo son has girls who call and talk for hours and no way I would go with a 250 text or worse yet, one of those family shared data plans. That boy does bankrupt me on data overages, that I know!! Wish we could see phone records, and not just Tom's. I can't get the "drug behind a vehicle" rumor out of my mind. Probably because when I was little I saw a movie where a biker gang did that to someone and it is a very vivid image to this day. You have to have a pure hatred for someone to do that. I'm sure the same can be said for other horrors as well.

I think the accidental hit-and-run by a drunk driver angle is very possible. Makes sense in so many ways. Car full of frat guys hits him and they can tell they have probably killed him. They're all drunk and want to avoid police. Because they likely live in the neighborhood where they just hit him (lots of frat houses near the trap right?) they also want to move the body away from there so they can draw attention away from that area.
We don't know the extent of the supposed "defensive injuries" and since LE has said so little of what happened we certainly can't rule out that scenario. Not to mention that since so many of the details are not known even LE may not know if it was an accidental hit-and-run or if he was purposely run down and dragged by someone. It would be hard to tell unless they had a suspect in mind. Since it took a few days for LE to find the body the perps would have had time to fix or destroy the car. Not to mention that it would be difficult for LE to get a listing of all cars registered to people in the neighborhood...the houses are mostly rented out, residents are mostly students who would have registered their car in another city/state, some cars registered to parents, lots of car-sharing between roommates, etc.. But I think the idea of an accidental hit-and-run is as credible as any theory I have heard. Also goes along with the idea that LE has not made it seem like the community is in any serious danger.

That's similar to what I thought from the get go but was outcast for thinking it. This isn't Detroit sort of thing. It may very well be that simple. Senseless crimes usually are. And a darn shame. He pi**ed someone.

eta I'm referring to atasteofhoneys post/theory above. I know I hit reply with quote but it didn't.

I think the accidental hit-and-run by a drunk driver angle is very possible. Makes sense in so many ways. Car full of frat guys hits him and they can tell they have probably killed him. They're all drunk and want to avoid police. Because they likely live in the neighborhood where they just hit him (lots of frat houses near the trap right?) they also want to move the body away from there so they can draw attention away from that area.
We don't know the extent of the supposed "defensive injuries" and since LE has said so little of what happened we certainly can't rule out that scenario. Not to mention that since so many of the details are not known even LE may not know if it was an accidental hit-and-run or if he was purposely run down and dragged by someone. It would be hard to tell unless they had a suspect in mind. Since it took a few days for LE to find the body the perps would have had time to fix or destroy the car. Not to mention that it would be difficult for LE to get a listing of all cars registered to people in the neighborhood...the houses are mostly rented out, residents are mostly students who would have registered their car in another city/state, some cars registered to parents, lots of car-sharing between roommates, etc.. But I think the idea of an accidental hit-and-run is as credible as any theory I have heard. Also goes along with the idea that LE has not made it seem like the community is in any serious danger.
I don't know.. if a car full of frat guys hit him by accident why wouldn't JW call 911 right away in hopes to save a friend? Just thinking out loud here.

I wish I knew what JW knows.

Me too. Especially WHERE he was when he sent that tweet from TB's phone. "It's Jake. Come pick us up. We are so lost and we are going to die."
Where did they need to be picked up from? Investigators released a 'Timeline of NDSU freshman Tom Bearson's death'. Why isn't where JW and TB were, at the time, a part of that timeline?

I don't know.. if a car full of frat guys hit him by accident why wouldn't JW call 911 right away in hopes to save a friend? Just thinking out loud here.

My scenario would mean that everyone was telling the truth about TB leaving alone at 3:40am. I don't think JW would have gone with him since JW was already home. Wouldn't be very many cars on the road at that time so it would be possible that no one saw it. It's a super simplistic theory, but I think it makes as much sense as anything. TB is walking down the street alone on his way back to his dorm looking at his phone after he leaves the trap. Car of drunk frat guys on their way home hits him. When the car hits him he loses one of his shoes and his phone goes flying out of his hands. Frat guys freak out knowing that the driver will go to jail if they call police. The driver is one of their best friends and using their drunken logic they decide the best thing for everyone is that they just make it go away. They don't know TB, but they can tell that the injuries are severe and he probably won't make it. So they move his body to a place a few miles away near a rougher part of town so that whoever finds the body thinks that he was killed there. That buys them some time (the cops aren't going to start looking for damage to cars from the neighborhood until they find the body) to get the car fixed or move it out of town to cover their tracks. If all of the frat guys never say anything to anyone about what happened the cops are basically looking for a needle in a haystack and hoping to catch a break.

There was a case in the Twin Cities a few years ago where a drunk driver hit a teenage girl and she was dragged beneath the car for 50-100 yards before the driver realized it. Of course the driver was drunk. Luckily, someone saw it and called 911 right away. The person who was hit did end up surviving, but spent a very long time in the hospital.

I'm not even saying that this scenario is what I think happened, but someone brought up a similar scenario previoiusly and it makes as much sense as anything else I have read.

My scenario would mean that everyone was telling the truth about TB leaving alone at 3:40am. I don't think JW would have gone with him since JW was already home. Wouldn't be very many cars on the road at that time so it would be possible that no one saw it. It's a super simplistic theory, but I think it makes as much sense as anything. TB is walking down the street alone on his way back to his dorm looking at his phone after he leaves the trap. Car of drunk frat guys on their way home hits him. When the car hits him he loses one of his shoes and his phone goes flying out of his hands. Frat guys freak out knowing that the driver will go to jail if they call police. The driver is one of their best friends and using their drunken logic they decide the best thing for everyone is that they just make it go away. They don't know TB, but they can tell that the injuries are severe and he probably won't make it. So they move his body to a place a few miles away near a rougher part of town so that whoever finds the body thinks that he was killed there. That buys them some time (the cops aren't going to start looking for damage to cars from the neighborhood until they find the body) to get the car fixed or move it out of town to cover their tracks. If all of the frat guys never say anything to anyone about what happened the cops are basically looking for a needle in a haystack and hoping to catch a break.

There was a case in the Twin Cities a few years ago where a drunk driver hit a teenage girl and she was dragged beneath the car for 50-100 yards before the driver realized it. Of course the driver was drunk. Luckily, someone saw it and called 911 right away. The person who was hit did end up surviving, but spent a very long time in the hospital.

I'm not even saying that this scenario is what I think happened, but someone brought up a similar scenario previoiusly and it makes as much sense as anything else I have read.

I believe LE would have termed it vehicular manslaughter and not homicidal violence if this were true. Injuries caused by an automobile are not the same as someone being beaten to death. I see no reason for them not to state it was vehicle related if it was. There would also be evidence of an accident somewhere between the trap and TB's dorm.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

I believe LE would have termed it vehicular manslaughter and not homicidal violence if this were true. Injuries caused by an automobile are not the same as someone being beaten to death. I see no reason for them not to state it was vehicle related if it was. There would also be evidence of an accident somewhere between the trap and TB's dorm.

Or it could have been termed vehicular homicide if the person who hit him had been drinking, like in the case against Amy Sensor. But like you have stated, a coroner would be able to distinguish what caused the injuries .

I think the hit by vehicle that someone posted is likely actually, or even any accident that could've occurred. I'm thinking less and less it was one of the main characters that we know, who had something to do with his death. If it was a college student who killed him in an act of murder, it'd be extremely hard on them to keep up social interactions, maintain good grades, go to class, function cognitively, or even go out of their house. If there is a person like this, they would likely go out of town a lot, and most likely would've left NDSU for a while, around the time TB was found dead. On the other hand, If he was killed in an accident and someone moved his body, I could see them justifying their actions in their head, and being able to continue on with their lives without having personal and psychological issues.

They could term it that, but with the lack of information released at this point I'm not going to make that assumption. Homicidal violence does not mean that there was a beating. A gun, knife, or car all could have been used and it would still fall under that definition. It's a very vague COD to use and I'm guessing LE did that on purpose. And I think you are overestimating the evidence that is left behind in a car-hitting-person accident. There could maybe be glass fragments from a headlight or something like that, but something like that wouldn't be super noticeable lying on the street, and could easily be swept away. And if by "evidence of an accident" you mean blood well I would say that is not always the case. If he was knocked down in front of the car and then run over by it there can be fatal internal injuries with very little external blood. (sorry for the graphic description, but it's true.)

Again, I am not sayin I think this is what happened, but it fits with a lot of what we do know. And I also have trouble believing that any of his friends had anything to do with it. Just doesn't add up. If anyone thinks an 18-20 year old college kid could mastermind their friend's murder and not make a bunch of mistakes along the way then you need to go spend some time with some 18-20 year olds.

Fargo LE has Never made a statement relating to the cause of death. No one will know until they release it. They continue to say they do not have a suspect and no leads... they also have stated anyone with questions should refer to moorhead PD. (Not the FBI) But all of the above agencies blame the media for not asking for a press release.. still confused why his parents remain mute. If my child died like this.... I would be screaming from every roof top I could find for justice.

Fargo LE has Never made a statement relating to the cause of death. No one will know until they release it. They continue to say they do not have a suspect and no leads... they also have stated anyone with questions should refer to moorhead PD. (Not the FBI) But all of the above agencies blame the media for not asking for a press release.. still confused why his parents remain mute. If my child died like this.... I would be screaming from every roof top I could find for justice.

The Ramsey County Medical Examiner, the ME who performed the autopsy, said his cause of death was "homicidal violence", but didn't elaborate on that at all. Thought we would have more answers by now, but obviously not.

The Ramsey County Medical Examiner, the ME who performed the autopsy, said his cause of death was "homicidal violence", but didn't elaborate on that at all. Thought we would have more answers by now, but obviously not.

Homicidal violence was the manner of death. The cause of death is what he actually died from, ie: hemorrhaging, strangulation, brain injury, etc.--- and that has not been released yet

Homicidal violence was the manner of death. The cause of death is what he actually died from, ie: hemorrhaging, strangulation, brain injury, etc.--- and that has not been released yet

Sorry, they don't really differentiate between the two in the news reports. It just says he "died as a result of homicidal violence". Though one article is even titled "Police Release Cause of Death of NDSU Student Tom Bearson is Homicidal Violence".

Being that we are almost two months removed from the initial ME report I would think at least some further details have been confirmed by now.

Sorry, they don't really differentiate between the two in the news reports. It just says he "died as a result of homicidal violence". Though one article is even titled "Police Release Cause of Death of NDSU Student Tom Bearson is Homicidal Violence".

Being that we are almost two months removed from the initial ME report I would think at least some further details have been confirmed by now.

Could you please post the link to the article that's entitled: "Police Release Cause of Death of NDSU Student Tom Bearson is Homicidal Violence". I haven't seen that article. TIA.

I wouldn't completely shoot down the car accident theory, but I think the crime sniffing pooch would have probably lead them to skid marks, or excessive blood. Also, it's a populous area, I would think that kind of event would cause a little ruckus and possibly wake a neighbor - or at least their dog, creating a witness. It's hard to imagine multiple non career criminals keeping their yaps shut for too long. Especially if they were not the driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KariGirl