ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
(BBM) Unfortunately you are WRONG.

This is from the Fargo Police Department's own website.

"Fargo Police Department
September 25, 2014

Homicide Investigation
Seeking Public Assistance in Locating Shoe and Cell Phone

The Ramsey County Medical Examiner’s Office has determined that Thomas Gregory Bearson’s death is a result of homicidal violence. Police investigations have continued since Thomas Bearson was reported to be missing. A high level of cooperation throughout the community has been appreciated and additional assistance from the public is needed at this time.

Thomas Bearson was reported to have been last seen Saturday September 20th at approximately 3:40 a.m. outside the residence of 824 14th Street North in Fargo. He was wearing a blue baseball cap, blue Sartell High School track and field shirt and khaki shorts.

Police located the body of Thomas Bearson on Tuesday morning on the property of Larry’s RV Sales located in the 3000 block of 24th Avenue South.

Thomas Bearson’s white Nike Air Jordan left tennis shoe (size 9 ½) and his cell phone have not been located. The cell phone is a silver colored i-phone 5.

Similar photographs of these items are being released with the request for the public to contact police if either of these items are located.

The investigation is on-going. Anyone with information that may further this investigation is asked to call the Red River Regional Dispatch Center at (701) 451-7660.

http://www.cityoffargo.com/CityInfo/Departments/Police/
It was "reported" and "confirmed" are two different things.

I cannot speak for the state of North Dakota because I do not live there, however where I live? your car gets towed. The police here do not have time to talk about it either. That tow truck is in your rear view mirror before you can believe it. I know of an individual who had his girlfriend with, they were pulled over and he had no current insurance card with. She had a valid driver's license but he did not. Car got towed.

They tow here for no current insurance, if you get stopped for ANY REASON that you cannot legally be driving that car and the car gets towed. Even if they come upon you and you are along side the road with a broken down car, they will give you the option of who to call and if you have no answer they call a tow truck and off your car goes. They consider it a roadside hazard.

AND if your car is abandoned along side the road ie: you have run out of gas, they mark your tires and if it's not gone in a few hours it gets towed.

Well I can speak for the large city I live in in ND and I can tell you the same guidelines apply.

It was "reported" and "confirmed" are two different things.

You apparently missed the first post: Thomas Bearson was last seen about 3:40 a.m. Saturday in the 800 block of 14th Street North, said Lt. Joel Vettel of the Fargo Police Department,

That is confirmation.

(modsnip)

Are there as many tow lots as there are athletic fields? I believe we're discussing odds here.

Ok. He was reported to be last seen at a house near NDSU. He was found near the campus of MSU. What are the odds? Maybe he was heading over to MSU for a party?

Maybe he was. Maybe he jumped on the train and was beaten to death by the engineer. Who knows? I don't. But I do appreciate the posters that are willing to spend their time actually looking for clues and researching the facts of this case.

Me too!!! I wish someone could come up with another set of coincidences/connections, like IB did---but I haven't seen any. Have a good night, melodyl.

Ok. He was reported to be last seen at a house near NDSU. He was found near the campus of MSU. What are the odds? Maybe he was heading over to MSU for a party?

I'll entertain a whole host of ideas if it will help bring justice to Tom Bearson. So let's take a look at what you've written here.

Tom was last seen approx. 6 blocks from NDSU.

According to what you've written here he was found "Near" MSU. (BBM above in blue).

https://dictionary.search.yahoo.com...YwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1lIUzAwNF8x?p=near&.sep=

Definition of "Near";

To, at, or within a short distance or interval in space or time.

Just about; almost; nearly.

With or in a close relationship.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

According to Google Earth, (and factoring in that GE isn't pinpoint accurate in a lot of cases), averaging in the three different routes that could be taken, MSU is 2.5 miles from Larry's RV, which, as we all know is the place Tom was recovered from.

At this point then, the term, "Near" becomes a personal reference. What "Near" means to one person can mean something else to the next. "Near" compared to what?

What indeed.

So tossing out the term, "Near" and going simply by the known distance between MSU and Larry's RV, let's see what else in that area is "Near" where he was found.

Please refer to the following map, provided by Google Earth. The green circle denotes the 2.5 mile radius out from Larry's RV, and will be designated as, "Near".

Seems from the map, that there is a whole lot that is "Near" Larry's RV within the same distance as MSU.

View attachment 67746

Maybe everything is so quiet because LE is making a huge case bringing a lot of people down.

Where I live, sometimes the net is cast and 20-30 people go down. I do not live a large city.

Drug dealers. Usually meth or now heroin

Maybe everything is so quiet because LE is making a huge case bringing a lot of people down.

Where I live, sometimes the net is cast and 20-30 people go down. I do not live a large city.

That's a really good point, human.

There were a couple of synthetic drug deaths a couple of years ago where I live and it took awhile for them to start making arrests but when they did....................wow!!

Multiple arrests and they were all convicted.

Just to be fair, and to continue on with this same train of thought:

Using that same logic and same methodology as I did above, for the "Near MSU" theory,

Here is Larry's RV in that same circle as compared to the towing service. (Which held or does still hold the contract for towing services for the police department in Moorhead, MN.)

(Just going by logic, the towing company is more, "Near" Larry's RV than MSU.) (0.2 MILES ACTUALLY) Quite nearly on the same block.

View attachment 67751

Great thought. I absolutely hope you're right!

And good timing on this post - I think we all needed a ray of hope here.

I received an email from Don Haney from KFGO discussing the post/claim made here.

He said that the scent was detected west only as far as the parking area/alley behind the trap house indicating either Tom got in a car (or came there in one) or there was too much contamination there due to the fact that it was a highly traveled area because of the very nature of it.

I can post it here for verification.

If Tom was walking to the tow truck area, why would his scent just disappear? Furthermore.. After this happened, the police decided to search further SOUTH and they searched EAST towards the Red River. They were already searching NORTH. So they expanded their searches every way but west.

I received an email from Don Haney from KFGO discussing the post/claim made here.

He said that the scent was detected west only as far as the parking area/alley behind the trap house indicating either Tom got in a car (or came there in one) or there was too much contamination there due to the fact that it was a highly traveled area because of the very nature of it.

If Tom was walking to the tow truck area, why would his scent just disappear? Furthermore.. After this happened, the police decided to search further SOUTH and they searched EAST towards the Red River. They were already searching NORTH. So they expanded their searches every way but west.

Thanks for confirming the scent was detected by the dogs to the west. The OP said nothing about where the police searched---she only addressed which direction the dog tracked.

Correct. We know this from the last post about the subject. Or are you meaning to discredit the first poster who spoke to Mr Haney?

In which case, I would wonder why.

It's been almost 4 months since this information was posted here and discussed. Now that IB verified it, everyone wants to double verify it. It's been verified and triple verified. Time to move on.

(BBM to illustrate the answer was within the post)

You answered your own question in your own post.

Your question: "If Tom was walking to the tow truck area, why would his scent just disappear?" Your answer in your own words: "there was too much contamination there due to the fact that it was a highly traveled area because of the very nature of it."

It's been almost 4 months since this information was posted here and discussed. Now that IB verified it, everyone wants to double verify it. It's been verified and triple verified. Time to move on.

I do not know MM's intentions in "verifying" this report from Mr. Haney but mine were to find out exact information that IBS never reported - not to discredit her. I was told that the tracked scent were only into the parking lot/alley way which only makes sense because that is where Tom would have exited the house if there were lots of cars in the front.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back