ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I live in the MSP area, and saw the teaser for the Bearson interview as well. It will air Monday night on local channel 4, WCCO CBS news. The teaser clip showed Mr. Bearson talking about the devastating loss of his son. I believe he also stated they need justice. I have only seen the teaser once (it is not my regular station), but I will definitely tune in Monday night and look for a link to post here afterwards. My feeling after seeing the clip is that there is not any new news, but they are simply trying to keep the story in the spotlight so they may find justice.

Thanks for posting that and clearing that up!!!

The stations here often do a special report, such as this Bearson interview, and advertise it for a few days prior to airing. I suppose it increases ratings. Either way, from the short clip I saw, Mr. Bearson's grief was very evident.

I live in the MSP area, and saw the teaser for the Bearson interview as well. It will air Monday night on local channel 4, WCCO CBS news. The teaser clip showed Mr. Bearson talking about the devastating loss of his son. I believe he also stated they need justice. I have only seen the teaser once (it is not my regular station), but I will definitely tune in Monday night and look for a link to post here afterwards. My feeling after seeing the clip is that there is not any new news, but they are simply trying to keep the story in the spotlight so they may find justice.

Thank you so much for posting that!!! I've had similar happen to me and then gone nutty trying to find it again.

Channel 4 just showed another teaser for the Bearson interview. There was a collage of photos of TB, with a voice over stating, "A college student is found murdered. Why the case is far from cold. Monday."

Just saw another teaser clip for Monday evenings broadcast stating: "College students unsolved murder and why the case is far from cold" - WCCO Monday 10 pm.
Hopefully they do share some new information.

A longer teaser clip just shown on WCCO ended with, "The clues they're (TB's family) counting on to find his killer." Also, it said he was murdered one month into college, and it is a case that's left the police puzzled. The dad was shown saying, "Our hearts are broken." So sad, but hopefully it will bring more attention, and maybe even eventual resolution, to this case.

Yes this is very disturbing! TB last seen at 824 14th Street N and both of these arrests were made within 2 blocks of this last know location. One in the 800 block between College & 14th and the other in the 1000 block of 14th. NDSU campus is at the North end of 14th Street N and it only runs 5 blocks and ends at RR tracks.

I am wondering (hoping) if this interview may be somehow connected to the arrests made referenced above. Same neighborhood and could have been on his way back to his dorm. In the case of a triple homicide in San Diego the killer was found when he was arrested for an unrelated gun charge which ended up being a felony and his DNA put in the system.

JMO's

A longer teaser clip just shown on WCCO ended with, "The clues they're (TB's family) counting on to find his killer." Also, it said he was murdered one month into college, and it is a case that's left the police puzzled. The dad was shown saying, "Our hearts are broken." So sad, but hopefully it will bring more attention, and maybe even eventual resolution, to this case.
Well, it worked, can't wait for Monday.

Who would have ever thought I would say that!?!

Is it 10pm yet?
Interesting that no one close to TB has mentioned the newscast tonight. Nothing on Twitter or FB.
On Twitter I ran across a JW posting from 1/23/15. First one since 9/23/14. Thought that was odd. Why after 4 months?

Well that WCCO interview made me cry for TB's family! I will take their advice and hug my kids every chance I get.
Only new info I heard was that TB was found lying on top of a fallen fence in the RV lot.
Still looking for the shoe and phone! But again - they did not ask for any public help or offer tip lines??? So strange.

Will post as soon as WCCO downloads the news clip.

I missed the whole thing. So the teaser said that there was evidence that the family was hoping to help? But the actual interview said nothing?

The fallen fence information if the only piece of new information we have had in all this time.

I missed the whole thing. So the teaser said that there was evidence that the family was hoping to help? But the actual interview said nothing?

The fallen fence information if the only piece of new information we have had in all this time.

Actually, they didn't say 'fallen fence'. They said ' found lying on the grass inside a short fence surrounding an RV dealer in Moorhead'

ETA: They also said he still had his wallet on him. I don't think we've heard that before. Too bad they didn't say anything one way or another about the back pack.

“It’s a time for a freshman college student to kind of learn a lot of things about themselves,” his father said.

Tom’s parents knew he’d been drinking at school. He came home one last weekend pledging to be better.

“It was a wonderful weekend we had with him,” Greg Bearson said. “We’re proud of that. We didn’t know what was going to happen five days later.”

I didn't realize Tommy had apparently gone home after that DUI fiasco. I do wonder if their was any significance to the remark from his Dad about his learning things about himself.

JMO's

"Toxicology tests can take up to six months." " it will be up to police to decide what information to release once they are complete."

My guess is they won't share anything!

6 months is an awfully long time to wait. And I think you are right- they will not share the information. I guess I really don't understand how this all works, but what would the toxicology report actually tell them? More exact cause of death? The presence of drugs? Even if he did have drugs in his system (which I personally do not believe), would that help find the person that did this? I just don't know what they are hoping to find or not find. But at least we now a couple other small details that we didn't know before.

I'm not posting this to sleuth someone. It's all JMO.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2008/0...n-alcohol-poisoning-death-teen-was-called-to/
The article states a woman, "took the boy to her home 13 miles away rather than driving him to a hospital."

Does anyone think something along these lines might have happened? TD was unresponsive and person(s) panicked, didn't know what to do. Said person(s) "freaked out" and took TD to RV place, left him there. Didn't hide him because they wanted him to be found. No weapon, little evidence pointing back to any one in particular. Do you know what I mean?

Not taking someone to get care when they are unresponsive due to alcohol consumption could be considered homicide, if they die as a result of inaction. It's all JMO, MOO, etc. But it is food for thought.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back