ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i dont totallly disagree but in my mind its a little like arresting someone for dui (a crime, but one that most of the population has done) and then in exchange for dropping the charges having the person serve as a ci to bust a huge alcohol importing crime group. these kids who are arrested for small amounts of week (which like 90% of my friends could have been at some point in time) and getting them involved with the really bad higher level drug dealers just seems wrong. talk harder drugs, and its not as clearly wrong, but at the weed level it just seems like the cops should focus their time on bigger issues and dont endanger kids. MOO opinion as well, and i suspect people will disagree.

LE doesn't force them to do anything. Cops aren't focusing their time on this and endanger kids. First they are NOT kids. They are adults. They are adults who are making bad choices and getting arrested. They are then given the choice to have the charge dropped and be a CI. If they don't like the choice. Say no and suffer the consequence of breaking the law! It is simple. They broke the law. Having any amount of weed if illegal, is illegal. I don't feel bad for people who break the law and get arrested.

LE isn't having these people do anything they don't want to do. They are doing it to get out of trouble because they broke the law. Placing blame on LE is mind blowing to me. If the person had not broke the law to begin with then they wouldn't be in the situation. People need to take responsible for their own actions.

LE doesn't force them to do anything. Cops aren't focusing their time on this and endanger kids. First they are NOT kids. They are adults. They are adults who are making bad choices and getting arrested. They are then given the choice to have the charge dropped and be a CI. If they don't like the choice. Say no and suffer the consequence of breaking the law! It is simple. They broke the law. Having any amount of weed if illegal, is illegal. I don't feel bad for people who break the law and get arrested.

LE isn't having these people do anything they don't want to do. They are doing it to get out of trouble because they broke the law. Placing blame on LE is mind blowing to me. If the person had not broke the law to begin with then they wouldn't be in the situation. People need to take responsible for their own actions.

Great post! I find it interesting that some people choose to say 'The police THREATENED the drug dealer with a prison sentence if they didn't become a CI'. The reality is the police INFORM these drug dealers what the typical sentence is for the crime they have committed. As far as the police putting them in a dangerous situation, what kind of situation is someone putting themselves in when they deal in the drug buisness? A dangerous situation, that's what.

I read a recent article regarding these CIs. Some do it for reduced/dismissed charges and some do it for a monetary payment. Whatever the reason, it's their choice, just like the choice they make when they decide whether or not to be a drug dealer.

i havent posted for awhile, but all of the kids that i talk to who knew tom think it was a party supply purchase gone wrong. what if there was suspicion out there that tom was a ci and something made the sellers suspicious and they killed someone they thought was snitch. i think at the end of the day this is going to be the answer. so sad if this is what happened, and i blame the police for putting kids into the role of ci after stupid small weed busts.

So the sellers made a wrong assumption and thought TB was a CI when he really wasn't so they killed him and that's the fault of the police? Really?

This whole story is just so frustrating and confusing. We know that Tom tweeted that he was bored at 10:31 but his roommate said he left around 10:00. Then at 1:23 JW tweeted from his phone they were so lost and going to die while Tom apparently was busy snapchatting PF until about 1:30.

We don't know what they were doing, how they got there, where "there" was, or how they got back to the party at JW and CM's house. All we know is that they made it back since some people reported seeing him leave.

Then at 3:40 he apparently was seen outside apparently going back to his dorm alone. That is still an odd time to report seeing him, unless you looked at your phone/watch to know exactly what time it was. I think earlier reports said anywhere from 3:30-4:00 AM, then changed to 3:40. Some news articles actually say he was last "contacted" at 3:40. Does that mean personally, or by phone/text?

Personally I think someone knows way more than they are letting on. He did not get snatched off the street by a random person(s). If he were female, maybe.

I'm guessing he got in a vehicle out of view from those at the party. Perhaps they just offered him a ride to the dorm or convinced him to come with to get party supplies. Heck, for all we know, a delivery driver, trouble from earlier (party supplier) or maybe someone from inside the party waited for him to leave. But he did not walk or drive himself to Moorhead. Unless he used someone else's car. But I highly doubt it.

And what about that backpack?

I can't understand not feeling sorry for the kids/adults who work as informants.

Drug prohibition is pretty ridiculous, and I'm amazed that it's lasted this long in this country. This informant stuff is just another negative result of it.

But I blame the politicians and voters way more than cops for that.

Interesting map indeed. But looking at it like this just makes the location he was found REALLY far away.
And just a side note, the Twitter world has been really quiet since that mystery car was ruled out.

Cops share the blame too as they do some shady stuff. In Fargo the police departments always tells UI to setup deals at a bar called Labby's.

Why Labby's? Well at any other bar if you get busted with a bag of weed its a misdemeanor and a slap of the wrist. Labby's is across the street from a high school football field so its a felony.

The cops know this, they are not simply trying to stop people from buying/selling weed, setting up a sting at any bar would do that. They are trying to ruin the peoples lives by making them a felon.

I agree with your post Fargo7 all except the last part. They are ruining their own lives.
But I really don't think this case is related to some petty weed. I think it ties in with much heavier drugs and a much bigger connection.
Then again, we have no idea if this case is related to drugs or not.

IMO Whatever happened was personal. TB was not robbed, he had his wallet so I would say someone (but who) was sending a very strong message??
Shoe missing, probably in a struggle. Phone missing, probably thrown so he couldn't call for help?? Neither will ever be found.
Backpack - hummm, I had forgotten about that "suspicious backpack found" and the location is certainly of interest.

I find the location of Tom's DUI very interesting. Providing alcohol and/or drugs to minors can have some hefty consequences, and not just necessarily monetarily. Can depend on the situation, location and if warnings had previously been placed. Tom's father mentioned having had a "good weekend" with Tom after his DUI. Did Tom possibly share some information with his parents other than that he was "going to do better"? Sometimes parents can insert themselves into situations involving their children.

I agree with your post Fargo7 all except the last part. They are ruining their own lives.
But I really don't think this case is related to some petty weed. I think it ties in with much heavier drugs and a much bigger connection.
Then again, we have no idea if this case is related to drugs or not.
i didn't mean to turn this into a debate on legalizing weed. there is a giant correlation to legalizing and age and i suspect that is at play here, but that wasn't my point. after the AS news, there may be a lot more suspicion about students being turned to CI's. if the guys tom was buying from thought this, maybe something he said or did may have made them suspicious and led to his death. i completely agree that it isn't about a small weed bust, but maybe some bad guys thought it was. just MOO

I read a recent article on a death where it took a long time to get the tox back. The reason is because the drug was a new concoction.

Bath salts is one term I know for these synthetic drugs these monsters come up with

I agree that someone probably just thought he was a snitch/narc/informant whatever you want to call it- whether it was weed, meth, bath salts, booze, etc. But my opinion is that whatever evil found him that night was because of the actions and associations of someone else. I highly doubt he found it on his own. He was new to Fargo, I'm sure he didn't have any real inside personal "connections" of any kind and he didn't even have a car to get there.

It's been some time since I've posted on this site. Has anyone checked to see if any of his party buddies are still in the Fargo area? Are any of his buddies living differently then what they did prior to the crime? Just curious.

It's been some time since I've posted on this site. Has anyone checked to see if any of his party buddies are still in the Fargo area? Are any of his buddies living differently then what they did prior to the crime? Just curious.

Watching SM it appears that the TRAP members are all still there. JW is off SM but has been referenced once or twice since 9/25. The one that seems to have gone off the SM grid is the student who was arrested at the same time TB was for the DUI (the other CM). Anyone see anything different?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper
Back