ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe Tom and his friend had been sent by CM to pick something up (party supplies?) for him and the rest of the people at the house?

Also by 'video messaging' I assumed that it meant using snapchat to send videos, meaning that it must have been Tom who sent them because it would be videos of him...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also just been looking at the 'lost' tweet on twitter and looking at the replies, it seems like CM (not sure I've done that right, am I correct in thinking initials are allowed only?) replied to the tweet saying that he/someone would pick them up, but has since deleted it and all his other tweets to them from that night...

There have been deleted tweets.

Maybe Tom and his friend had been sent by CM to pick something up (party supplies?) for him and the rest of the people at the house?

Also by 'video messaging' I assumed that it meant using snapchat to send videos, meaning that it must have been Tom who sent them because it would be videos of him...

My understanding is that it can be a video of anything. And that once opened, they are instantly auto deleted within seconds.
Somehow I have to wonder if PF responded out of concern after seeing the lost tweet. Was Tom told to calmly respond to ease concern? No need (for perp) for any further correspondence after that was achieved? Am I the only one who thinks that is an oddly sentimental snapchat topic out of the blue while supposedly out partying with others around? And...if he was feeling THAT sentimental right then in spite of that, then wouldn't you look for the response? Wouldn't Tom have had time to at least do that if he was "just hanging out" over the next 2+ hours?

You can send videos but you can also send pictures and message people with it, if I was using snapchat to talk to someone I would just send pictures with captions or use the messaging thing on it, which leads me to believe that they were sending videos of themselves talking to each other?

I don't find it a particularly odd topic, especially if they had been drinking which tends to make people more emotional than usual... Just a slightly difference take on a drunk text, a drunk snapchat...? Don't really understand the not opening the response though, also I suppose if there were a lot of people around it's easy to put your phone down and forget, or just get distracted. I know when I'm out I don't always reply to messages etc because I'm concentrating on other things and don't see them. Has it been verified how many other people were at the house with them? If there was enough people for it to be a party the not responding could be understood, if there were only a few people then it is slightly odd...

You can send videos but you can also send pictures and message people with it, if I was using snapchat to talk to someone I would just send pictures with captions or use the messaging thing on it, which leads me to believe that they were sending videos of themselves talking to each other?

I don't find it a particularly odd topic, especially if they had been drinking which tends to make people more emotional than usual... Just a slightly difference take on a drunk text, a drunk snapchat...? Don't really understand the not opening the response though, also I suppose if there were a lot of people around it's easy to put your phone down and forget, or just get distracted. I know when I'm out I don't always reply to messages etc because I'm concentrating on other things and don't see them. Has it been verified how many other people were at the house with them? If there was enough people for it to be a party the not responding could be understood, if there were only a few people then it is slightly odd...

Nope, no verification of other people present at "the trap" at the "party". One tweeter that lives there mentioned "Weird knowing I was one of the last three people to see Tom".

I thought the snapchatting was weird too. Not only the content but the timing. To be just going back and forth then... nothing. Did his friend try him back? Text him? Maybe they were done with their conversation. Did his friend ask what he was doing that night? Perhaps Tom's response was just simply "hanging out with some buddies". His friend probably didn't see the tweet if he doesn't have twitter. So he wouldn't have been alarmed. But maybe someone saw Tom taking pictures for snapchat and thought he was just taking pictures and got paranoid?? What was in the background of these pictures? It didn't have to be Tom himself. Could be anything.

Maybe the timing is off by just minutes, and the snapchatting actually occurred just prior to the lost tweet??? This is such a small window of time (under 7 minutes)...

Very odd indeed

ND law enforcement has been busy-

Gangs and drugs
http://www.wday.com/news/north-dakota/3692852-seven-men-charged-conspiracy-sell-drugs

http://www.wday.com/news/crime/3690...year-police-say-drugs-are-contributing-factor

This is closer to Bismarck..
http://www.kfyrtv.com/home/headlines/Drug-Bust-Nets-136-Pounds-of-Marijuana-295001881.html

And this is in Williston...
http://www.gillettenewsrecord.com/ap/state/article_f0e385f0-6642-561a-9950-6235499b26a2.html

My only purpose of posting this is to give examples of some of the stuff our law enforcement is dealing with. I'm sure most of you are from much larger areas and are used to hearing this on the news on a daily basis. But it never used to be like this around here. I'm not saying that any of it is related to Tom's case at all, but I do hope that with all the arrests lately, especially in Fargo, these people are being questioned to any knowledge on his case.

Kenzie told the media that Tom was at a party, and there were indications that a "party" (although maybe low number of people present) was going on at "the trap",

where it has been stated Tom was also.

Wyatt reported Tom leaving the dorm with a backpack. I know that many, many different types of innocent items can be carried in a backpack at 10:30 pm by a college

student. I can only think of a couple of reasons why a backpack might be needed for a party.

This backpack has not been mentioned again at all in the media. Fargo Dispatch logs a "suspicious backpack" being found. Was it Tom's? The word "suspicious" is curious. It is

common for young children to remove their backpacks near schools and leave them lying/lost, but a Transformer backpack?, that would not be very suspicious to me.

Gangs and drugs
http://www.wday.com/news/north-dakota/3692852-seven-men-charged-conspiracy-sell-drugs

http://www.wday.com/news/crime/3690...year-police-say-drugs-are-contributing-factor

http://www.kfyrtv.com/home/headlines/Drug-Bust-Nets-136-Pounds-of-Marijuana-295001881.html

http://www.gillettenewsrecord.com/ap/state/article_f0e385f0-6642-561a-9950-6235499b26a2.html

My only purpose of posting this is to give examples of some of the stuff our law enforcement is dealing with. I'm sure most of you are from much larger areas and are used to hearing this on the news on a daily basis. But it never used to be like this around here. I'm not saying that any of it is related to Tom's case at all, but I do hope that with all the arrests lately, especially in Fargo, these people are being questioned to any knowledge on his case.

Thank you for this Justiceforall99
It does seem like the drug culture is growing instead of lessening, and as you mentioned it is cropping up in places where it wasn't as prevalent previously, such as where I live also, which is very rural. This is becoming a very scary world in my opinion, when it used to feel much safer and remote on the home front in comparison to the larger cities. That is my concern about whether the current method of deterring drugs is truly effective at all.

Gangs and drugs

Might also increase the DNA pool.

I'm not arguing with this line of thinking but simply pointing out that Tom's phone could have went dead - particularly since it wasn't holding a charge very well (as was reported by his parents, I believe).

If you are truly lost, it's difficult to direct someone on the phone to drive straight to where you are to pick you up lickity split.

Right on. If you are lost, how would you know the address? I think "lost," is drunk, high or something related to their sobriety or lack thereof.

I'm not arguing with this line of thinking but simply pointing out that Tom's phone could have went dead - particularly since it wasn't holding a charge very well (as was reported by his parents, I believe).

I thought that as well to be honest, but then I thought that after the 'lost' tweet it just seemed too coincidental, but now you mention that his phone wasn't charging I am more inclined to think that's what happened. If his phone was on low battery then tweeting/trying to contact people could have been what finally ran the battery down.

Right on. If you are lost, how would you know the address? I think "lost," is drunk, high or something related to their sobriety or lack thereof.

To be fair, I could be know where I was but not know how to get from there to where I wanted to go to. For example I could end up outside a pub/restaurant/shop/whatever and know the name of it but not know where to go from there. If they were contacting CM for a lift they could just tell him where they were or what street they were on or something. Obviously not SAYIG that's definetely what happened, just thinking...

Wow! Love new posters here with different perspectives and geographical locations!

I am at a loss in this case. My main questions are
1.) Cause of death.
2.) Location of death. (You cannot convince me that LE doesn't know if he died at Larry's or not.. It should also be clear how long he was there based on decomposition. A body sitting out in the open exposed to elements will decompose differently than someone kept inside a trunk until Monday night especially considering there was rainfall on Saturday.)

3.) What lead LE to Larry's RV?

4.) Have trap kids statements been verified through cell phone pings and/or interviews and/or lie detector tests? Just because someone states it as fact does not mean it's true particularly if they have something to hide.

5.) Where is the backpack mentioned by the roommate that Tom took with him when he left the dorm that fateful night?

6.) Video... I've driven the path between the trap house and the residence hall. There are several visible cameras throughout NDSU campus.

If there were any decent media outlets around, these are the questions they should ask, IMO.

Thank you for this Justiceforall99
It does seem like the drug culture is growing instead of lessening, and as you mentioned it is cropping up in places where it wasn't as prevalent previously, such as where I live also, which is very rural. This is becoming a very scary world in my opinion, when it used to feel much safer and remote on the home front in comparison to the larger cities. That is my concern about whether the current method of deterring drugs is truly effective at all.

The oil fields with the man camps. That is what you get. No surprises there for me

Good evening Mr. Poirot

Nice to see you back. It has been a quite awhile since our last meeting.Maybe we can help solve this case together.It seems to be on the track of becoming a cold case already and I hate to see your capabilities to be ill-spoken of. You are too smart for that.

I too have had a time problem on twitter until i found out that i have to set my time to my timezone.
Even if you have it set to already to what time you think is right you still have to set it again for the first time and do a save.
You have to go to the settings in your WS account to do this.

I think this WS site is one hour ahead of eastern time(-4 UTC), which would put in in Maine somewhee or Canada.
But now I see that their time is -5 UTC so that would make it Eastern time. I don't think this website even knows what time zone they are in.
I had the same trouble trying to figure out the tweet by Tom when he said he was bored and the time of the lost tweet.
But i now have it all figured out.
the tweet that Tom made saying he was bored was at 10:31pm.
The lost tweet was at 1:23am.
So this tweet from Cody Mead had to be made after 1:23am.

Why are posts missing?
https://storify.com/robbeer/missing-ndsu-student-tommy-bearson

Rob Beer is a reporter for the Forum in Fargo. Here is the story "taken from the Forum" that includes the tweets from CM. If MSM reports it, I believe it's fair game to discuss here, isn't it? Clearly the article has CM's response to lost tweet at 6:34AM.. Which calls into question everything CM has stated and it's no wonder he deleted it.

Why are posts missing?
https://storify.com/robbeer/missing-ndsu-student-tommy-bearson

Rob Beer is a reporter for the Forum in Fargo. Here is the story "taken from the Forum" that includes the tweets from CM. If MSM reports it, I believe it's fair game to discuss here, isn't it? Clearly the article has CM's response to lost tweet at 6:34AM.. Which calls into question everything CM has stated and it's no wonder he deleted it.

Looks to me like the time stamp on the tweet is just '6 months ago'?

Wow! Love new posters here with different perspectives and geographical locations!

I am at a loss in this case. My main questions are
1.) Cause of death.
2.) Location of death. (You cannot convince me that LE doesn't know if he died at Larry's or not.. It should also be clear how long he was there based on decomposition. A body sitting out in the open exposed to elements will decompose differently than someone kept inside a trunk until Monday night especially considering there was rainfall on Saturday.)

3.) What lead LE to Larry's RV?

4.) Have trap kids statements been verified through cell phone pings and/or interviews and/or lie detector tests? Just because someone states it as fact does not mean it's true particularly if they have something to hide.

5.) Where is the backpack mentioned by the roommate that Tom took with him when he left the dorm that fateful night?

6.) Video... I've driven the path between the trap house and the residence hall. There are several visible cameras throughout NDSU campus.

If there were any decent media outlets around, these are the questions they should ask, IMO.

We have respectfully disagreed on aspects of this case in the past, but I think you are spot on with those questions. Specifically 1-4.
1) Even if they don't know the exact COD (though I expect they do by now), at the very least LE has been able to eliminate many causes. I would like to know what those are.
2) Knowing whether or not the murder occurred at the RV place would tell a lot about the way the murder went down. If he was killed there then the obvious question would be why was he there? If he was dropped there after he died then it would tell us that the location of the murder probably was a place that would make it easier to identify a suspect. Otherwise, why move the body?
3) There was a story on the nightly news that said it was an "interview" that lead police to the body. It was a newscaster who used that word so I don't know if it is accurate. If that was the case then the person who directed police to that location would have to know more about the circumstances of his death. If it was a "tip" (like the people who owned the RV place called police to tell them there was a dead body on the premises) then it would be less meaningful.
4) To me this is the big one. I have never accepted the statement that he left the house at 3:40am as a fact. I haven't heard any verification from LE on that statement, and there is reason to be suspicious about the guys who live at the house so unless that statement has been verified it means nothing to me. If this can't be verified, a lot of the suspicion should fall on the guys at the house.
5) I still don't think the simple fact that he had a backpack with him is out of the ordinary. I have always thought that he was probably carrying drugs or alcohol. Leaving his dorm late on a Friday night to go meet friends...I'm sure he didn't have his biology books in there. In college I left my dorm room late on a weekend night with a backpack on many occasions, and in most cases the backpack was to carry along my good friend Jack Daniels. But I would like to know if the backpack has been found, and more importantly if it has been found I would like to know where.
6) I think NDSU has admitted that some cameras were not functional, but there has to be SOME footage of him as he walked across campus. I'm sure it's not super HD video, but enough to verify when he left his dorm and around the time he was supposed to return. I assume at least a few cameras were functional.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennilynn321
Back