ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I haven't heard anything new in Fargo/Moorhead lately. No one talks about the case anymore, except for those couple days when the car video was released.

If you read the "local chatter" when a story is ran about Tom
on Facebook, it's apparent that people are split into two camps: 1.) one that doesn't trust LE and 2.)
one that does.

I think that follows the same trend as we see here.

If you read the "local chatter" when a story is ran about Tom
on Facebook, it's apparent that people are split into two camps: 1.) one that doesn't trust LE and 2.)
one that does.

I think that follows the same trend as we see here.
I don't see myself as one "who trusts LE". I believe that's how you're classifying me.

What I am is someone who doesn't trust judgements made without relevant facts to support them.

I am someone who thinks this case has the potential to be either.
I have no need to split hairs, there are very little relevant facts supporting one direction or the other to be honest. Just enough to cause question either way in my opinion.
The oddities in this case are numerous.

I should first say, I have family and friends that work for both the FBi and LE. I don't think that influences me. In general terms, I trust LE. I tend to trust authority as a whole. That is how I was raised. I do know that there are some untrustworthy LE, just like there are some untrustworthy people. But as a whole I think they are trustworthy. I think with every case I folllow, whether here or offline, they do things with the victim as the number one priority and we don't always know why. I have faith that with every case good and justice will prevail.

http://www.valleynewslive.com/home/headlines/Gang-Activity-F-M-Law-Enforcement-299203921.html

And then there was this article just a couple days ago on ValleyNewsLive.com about the gangs in the area.

While it is no secret that there is gang presence in Fargo/Moorhead, we have NO idea whatsoever if it related to Tom's death or not.

If Tom was walking home to his dorm minding his own business, why would he be targeted? Wrong place, wrong time? Possible. But again, why take him all the way to Moorhead? But I just have this feeling that someone in his circle that knows what's up.

I really thought this would be solved quickly....I was terribly wrong.

It makes me wonder if a gang, or complete stranger is responsible. I just can't see LE not being able to 'break' a young person down enough to confess, or tell all they know. It's their job, and they know interrogations! The good cop, bad cop routine, and all the other stuff that I've no idea about. Either nothing strong has come from interrogations or even questioning, there truly is nothing for those closest to Thomas to know or what they know isn't relevant or pointing LE towards a suspect/perp, or everything they've told LE has been true, and there is no lead to follow.

Perhaps there is unknown DNA found on Thomas' body, but no match to that DNA yet! If gang related, it's possible if they did the relative/familiar DNA they might get a hit, but I don't know what has to be done to get that procedure started, or what criteria must be met.

Praying for Justice!!!

I really thought this would be solved quickly....I was terribly wrong.

It makes me wonder if a gang, or complete stranger is responsible. I just can't see LE not being able to 'break' a young person down enough to confess, or tell all they know. It's their job, and they know interrogations! The good cop, bad cop routine, and all the other stuff that I've no idea about. Either nothing strong has come from interrogations or even questioning, there truly is nothing for those closest to Thomas to know or what they know isn't relevant or pointing LE towards a suspect/perp, or everything they've told LE has been true, and there is no lead to follow.

Perhaps there is unknown DNA found on Thomas' body, but no match to that DNA yet! If gang related, it's possible if they did the relative/familiar DNA they might get a hit, but I don't know what has to be done to get that procedure started, or what criteria must be met.

Praying for Justice!!!

I agree, 2Hope4. LE has an excellent solve rate in this area but if this involves a total stranger, it's obvious to most of us that the case is going to very difficult to solve---and in fact, may never be solved. LE tells us that the case is far from cold but after this much time, it's hard to believe that any more. I'm sure other than TB's family and friends, no one wants to solve this case more than LE.

I agree, 2Hope4. LE has an excellent solve rate in this area but if this involves a total stranger, it's obvious to most of us that the case is going to very difficult to solve---and in fact, may never be solved. LE tells us that the case is far from cold but after this much time, it's hard to believe that any more. I'm sure other than TB's family and friends, no one wants to solve this case more than LE.

I tend to agree as well. My thoughts on this case have changed over time, but I have to believe at this point that if his friends were real suspects LE would have found a way to break them by now. We haven't done the "eggs in baskets" thing in a while, but at this point most of mine would very delicately (cause we can't break these eggs!) fall into the stranger theory basket. (And until a more detailed autopsy report is released I'm still leaving a couple eggs in the "hit by a car" basket :moo:)

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/stor...-of-90-year-old-earl-olander-ruled-a-homicide

This case is unrelated to Tom (I would assume). It happened just a couple days ago in Minnesota. But it seems that they are releasing more information about this case- especially about how he was found- then Tom's case. I wonder why we hear more details about certain cases. Doesn't make sense to me.
Do you think the different tactic is just a chance thing or by design?

I have my own opinion on that.

I also noticed that the case referenced above in another article says that Crime Stoppers is offering a $1,000 reward.
I really have no idea if it is by chance or design. My only theory would be that in Tom's case there could be a large number of people that are about to go down- such as in a large drug ring or connections. And perhaps in the case of the elderly gentleman evidence indicates only two people were involved.
We can only hope that there is a lot of behind the scenes work being done perhaps based on information they received early on and they have not asked for our help because they are saying "we got this".
The car on the video back in February made Law Enforcement look extremely incompetent. But perhaps that was done with other reasons we may never know...
I am not confident that this will be solved anymore either. But I have to be hopeful. And I still wonder what led them to his body in such a random location. And of course the backpack.

Very nice event. I really like to hear about what happens to honor the person.

I have made almost 150 Case Archives, and some of the victims have lived on in memory in a really great way.

Some families and friends really step up to turn the tragedy into something with a positive impact.

Goodness sakes, thirty days have passed and STILL no movement, no press conferences, no news?

Only four more months and it will be a year. This is sad indeed.

I personally didn't know Tom but have no problem in saying, TOM DESERVED BETTER THAN THIS!! A murderer(s) is/are walking around free as a bird right now. If this were my son I'd be all like Christina Morris mom, but to each his own.

Agreed! The school year is quickly coming to an end...I fear that students will arrive back on campus in September with no memory of this tragity. Makes me sad. I would not want my child forgotten with time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23
Back