ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This excerpt shows that this suspect from the most recent deaths was stabbing people back in 2013. The same detective that is on Tom's case is saying these killings are "rare". According to him he states that they feel the 2013 stabbing is not related. However the reason given for that case shows me that this suspect would be willing to kill for any reason.

"Vettel said there was no indication the two killings were connected to a 2013 assault in which Hunter was accused of stabbing another man when he refused to change positions during a threesome."

JMO's

http://www.grandforksherald.com/new...dentified-fargo-murders-occurring-hours-apart

However the reason given for that case shows me that this suspect would be willing to kill for any reason.

Enter the suspect's name into the ND public search that I linked to above. His history is practically a book long.

just checking back in here to see if you guys heard about the Sartell connection to this stuff from today. Seems like a pretty big coincidence.

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

TB's girlfriend does not appear to be related to this victim despite the same last name. On Facebook you can view a list of his friends and he is not friends with her so I highly doubt he is related to her. Still, with the many similarities between the victims and the location of the crime I'm starting to wonder if this perp had something to do with Tom's death. Just so many common themes that can't be ignored.

TB's girlfriend does not appear to be related to this victim despite the same last name. On Facebook you can view a list of his friends and he is not friends with her so I highly doubt he is related to her. Still, with the many similarities between the victims and the location of the crime I'm starting to wonder if this perp had something to do with Tom's death. Just so many common themes that can't be ignored.

(BBM)

I'm so sorry to tell you this but I have absolutely ZERO of my family on my Facebook. Zero. Many of my friends are the same way. It just keeps it simple.

Also, I have my friends list filtered so the public can only view part of the list if they share mutual friends ect... Not to start giving you a lecture on the internet, but you simply cannot base a decision soundly by what you find on Facebook.

(BBM)

I'm so sorry to tell you this but I have absolutely ZERO of my family on my Facebook. Zero. Many of my friends are the same way. It just keeps it simple.

Also, I have my friends list filtered so the public can only view part of the list if they share mutual friends ect... Not to start giving you a lecture on the internet, but you simply cannot base a decision soundly by what you find on Facebook.

So my operating assumption that people who Facebook frequently are all narcissistic frauds is not valid?!

So my operating assumption that people who Facebook frequently are all narcissistic frauds is not valid?!

I shall ponder this point until tomorrow. I have a very dim view of most of it and as such don't want to spoil it for all the people out there, who are just frothing at the mouth in anticipation of shooting that one photo to share with the world showing them in peak physical and sexual attraction whilst recreating in a X-Factor activity in the most expensive clothes and equipment they could possibly put on their charge card.

I believe I just validated you.

Now, I must go and practice my duck face.

(BBM)

But he does have his family on Facebook. He has like 8 friends with the last name Traut, and none of them are TB's girlfriend. There's also an article about TB's girlfriend (it's about one of her hobbies, and written before Tom's death) and it mentions the names of her parents. The article about Samuel Traut's death mentions the name of his parents. Her parents and his parents names from those articles are not the same. He could be cousins with her or something like that, but he's definitely not her brother.

But he does have his family on Facebook. He has like 8 friends with the last name Traut, and none of them are TB's girlfriend. There's also an article about TB's girlfriend (it's about one of her hobbies, and written before Tom's death) and it mentions the names of her parents. The article about Samuel Traut's death mentions the name of his parents. Her parents and his parents names from those articles are not the same. He could be cousins with her or something like that, but he's definitely not her brother.

(BBM)

Do you see here though? You did the work and found an independent source outside of Facebook that mentioned her parents by name. You were able to compare their names with the article that mentioned his parents by name and through this independent work you were able to then deduce that his parents and her parents were not the same people.

That is totally different than what we were talking about before and just looking up on Facebook.

You did good, you took the time to verify.

RIP Samuel. A Christian man, missionary, worker in the faith.... killed by a lowlife methhead.

Life is so not fair.

You said it.

However; when I sit and think about this an how it all unfolds doesn't it sound like a classic tale of good vs. evil?

Here's a young man who, by any accounts far and wide; was a great person. Just a humble human being who absolutely devoted himself to his works of loving and living in Christ's name.

Then, he is just SLAIN right at the door, WHILE trying to do good work. Just killed outright.

Sometimes I wonder if the devil does these things because he knows it will get us into doubting everything.

It won't work on me.

(BBM)

Do you see here though? You did the work and found an independent source outside of Facebook that mentioned her parents by name. You were able to compare their names with the article that mentioned his parents by name and through this independent work you were able to then deduce that his parents and her parents were not the same people.

That is totally different than what we were talking about before and just looking up on Facebook.

You did good, you took the time to verify.

I never said it was 100% verified when I checked through Facebook. I just said I highly doubted they were related based on that. Doubt is a belief/opinion, not a fact. But knowing what I know about Facebook and my generation, that was good enough for me. And my intuition was correct. Most people would at least have their sister as a friend on Facebook. I don't know anyone my age (which is very close to Samuel's age) who doesn't.

This is not good.... some people refused poly.

http://www.inforum.com/news/3777299-people-connected-bearson-case-have-refused-lie-detector-tests-girlfriend-says-facebook

FARGO – The girlfriend of Thomas Bearson, a North Dakota State University student whose killing last fall remains unsolved, said Tuesday on Facebook that some people connected to the case, including one from Bearson's hometown who was one of the last to see him alive, have declined police requests that they take lie detector tests.

"Why? Just take the test and prove you had nothing to do with Tom's death and prove yourself innocent of any wrongdoing and then move on with your life," Erica Traut wrote in her post. "But, do the right thing and take the test."

Erica is referring to Jake Wenzel, and his gf is pretty po'd at Erica in the facebook comments, according to the article.

Lie detectors are notoriously unreliable. In fact they are so unreliable they cannot be used as evidence in court. They produce false positives all the time (think people are lying when they are not) and do not detect when people are lying. Typically physical tells (covering face or eyes, shaking head, clearing throat after) are more accurate than a lie detector but still not even close to being full proof.

So I will give him a benefit of the doubt for not taking a lie detector test. However I am still suspicious as he was the last one to see TB alive . I find it hard to believe that TB just left and did not tell him where he was going, he did not see him leave with anyone ect.

Lie detectors are notoriously unreliable. In fact they are so unreliable they cannot be used as evidence in court. They produce false positives all the time (think people are lying when they are not) and do not detect when people are lying. Typically physical tells (covering face or eyes, shaking head, clearing throat after) are more accurate than a lie detector but still not even close to being full proof.

So I will give him a benefit of the doubt for not taking a lie detector test. However I am still suspicious as he was the last one to see TB alive . I find it hard to believe that TB just left and did not tell him where he was going, he did not see him leave with anyone ect.

Even though what you've stated about lie detector tests is true, if it was me, I'd be strapping the machine on myself to take the test. I'd be so offended that anyone could think I might possibly be involved in the death of a friend, I'd be salivating at the idea of proving them wrong. Apparently other people took it so he must know he's making himself look really bad by refusing. Since, as you said, the results can't be used in court and he could always claim if he didn't pass it the results were inaccurate, take the test!

Just a thought but perhaps he's not afraid of the question "Did you have anything to do with the death of TB" but worried about other questions such as "Do you know who was involved in the death of TB?" or "Do you know who TB was with when he left the party?"

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back