NE NE - Chance Englebert, 25, Gering, 6 July 2019 (new father) #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Exactly. I am pretty sure they had some marriage counseling, per the podcast I listened to and read the transcript from.

I think we need the clearest most accurate picture possible.

I don’t think Bailee and Chance did marriage counseling. I don’t think they were in therapy at all, but I do believe that they were having a turbulent time in their marriage.

EPISODE 197: Chance Englebert — The Vanished Podcast

Starting at 32:00 Dawn’s speaks she touches on it and says she wanted Chance to get therapy and Bailee to get therapy. Dawn then says that Bailee answered that with, “ I guess you never want to see your grandchild again, do you?” She also reiterated that Chance had never and would never hit Bailee, but Bailee would scream at Chance and Chance would walk away to get away from Bailee. She also says at about the 33:00 minute that she had begged Bailee to just leave Chance.

I don’t think Bailee and Chance did marriage counseling. I don’t think they were in therapy at all, but I do believe that they were having a turbulent time in their marriage.

Starting at 32:00 Dawn’s speaks she touches on it and says she wanted Chance to get therapy and Bailee to get therapy. Dawn then says that Bailee answered that with, “ I guess you never want to see your grandchild again, do you?” She also reiterated that Chance had never and would never hit Bailee, but Bailee would scream at Chance and Chance would walk away to get away from Bailee. She also says at about the 33:00 minute that she had begged Bailee to just leave Chance.
This is all very unfortunate, but certainly not unique as it relates to marrying young, and having a baby right away....and the challenges that can come with that. Not everyone is ready or mature enough for marriage or a baby in their early 20's. Some never are.

It would appear there is missing information that would help sharpen the focus, and help find Chance. Until certain key players provide that information, we will have to wait until his whereabouts are discovered by perseverance, and a bit of luck. Perhaps additional technologies could be leveraged to expedite that discovery. The family should reach out to retired homicide detectives who offer to help as their time permits. At minimum, they can give them advice and point them in the right direction.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Thank you for clarifying that fact for me. You are correct. After re-reading that transcript that was posted it appears that Chance's mom only offered to get them counseling. I re-read that whole thing as well as a post I made highlighting some red flags (for me) contained in it. Contradictions in B's story, especially as far as their relationship goes. She paints a very different picture than his mother and their former roommate.

His mom also makes it clear that she asked for that death certificate on the Monday after he went missing, not the weeks that others have said. What that means will differ amongst you, but that is the fact stated in the transcript, which I highly recommend if you haven't read it. Reading the actual transcript after listening gave me more insight than just listening alone. Again, everything I say is JMO.

Thank you for clarifying that fact for me. You are correct. After re-reading that transcript that was posted it appears that Chance's mom only offered to get them counseling. I re-read that whole thing as well as a post I made highlighting some red flags (for me) contained in it. Contradictions in B's story, especially as far as their relationship goes. She paints a very different picture than his mother and their former roommate.

His mom also makes it clear that she asked for that death certificate on the Monday after he went missing, not the weeks that others have said. What that means will differ amongst you, but that is the fact stated in the transcript, which I highly recommend if you haven't read it. Reading the actual transcript after listening gave me more insight than just listening alone. Again, everything I say is JMO.

Thanks yes. My point in highlighting the minutia is that Chance and Baylee were struggling to pay minor bills. Money towards counseling wasn’t on their radar.

If they got family counseling from a good practitioner, I believe that Bailee and Chance’s marriage could have been strong and the rift between Baylee and Chance’s family could have been mended.

I didn’t see the transcript and don’t know where to get it, but yes you are right I cited Bailee asking for the death certificate previously in a comment, and would be happy to if needed, and it was directly after the conclusion of the first search (which had been a considerable search).

I am not sure what happened to Chance, and I am happy to hear out any theory . I think misadventure is the most likely, given that he was seen walking directly before a very cold thunderstorm. It’s so unfair that this happened to their family. Someone had commented back to me that it could be a hit and run etc and I didn’t comment back, and I don’t remember who it was and he removed his comment, but I didn’t get a chance to tell him that was an astute guess.

I also don’t see any inconsistencies in Baylee’s story. To me an inconsistency means that someone lied. I would say that it’s more of black-and-white thinking than she is a liar. She seems to fall into all-or-nothing thinking, which is a cognitive distortion not deception, but that’s only my opinion. You can hear this in her language as she goes between the rose-colored glasses and the doom-and-gloom-colored glasses. Regards.

edit: spelled Baylee wrong

Last edited:
Law Enforcement Receives New Tips About Missing Moorcroft Man; Reward Money Increased | Cowboy State Daily

The reward for a Moorcroft man who has been missing for more than two years has been raised to $12,000, thanks to a recent donation, while Nebraska authorities continue their investigation into his disappearance.

It’s unclear what transpired that day, but Englebert had been golfing with his father-in-law and other members of his wife’s family and reportedly got into an argument over the new job that he’d recently accepted after being laid off from a coal mine.

Englebert called his wife to come get him and told her he wanted to return home to Wyoming. When his wife refused to leave, he called a friend to come get him but the friend was not able to make the drive, so Englebert allegedly started walking toward Torrington.
Another YouTube channel, “The Missing Truth,” recently raised $2,000 from subscribers to donate to Englebert’s family.

His mother has been touched by this donation and the outpouring of support from friends and strangers invested in helping to locate her son.
“It’s pretty darn amazing,” she said. “Despite all this evil, we are blessed by the good.”

I’ve went back and forth with misadventures vs foul play too many times to count in this case. I don’t think law enforcement has ever said one way or another that foul play is suspected. Which doesn’t mean anything much considering I really believe they know about as much as we do.

I’ve read that transcript more than once and I know his mom is hurting but I think everyone who loved him at any point of his life has hurt throughout this. The interview elicits some sort of deeply buried emotion out of me. I really don’t know why because I haven’t personally had the experience i feel when I read the interview, which is why I say deeply buried, as in another life maybe. Her comment about begging Baylee to leave Chance…I feel like parents may have been a big point of contention in their marriage. This is all MOO btw, but I don’t know Baylee so I can only relate it to how I might feel in the situation. As someone who is very sensitive and constantly thinking about everyone else’s feelings and needs more than my own, I’d feel hurt and sad. Knowing people don’t like me does bother me. Being young, stressed out, struggling, having a baby and a husband…and a MIL that doesn’t think my husband and I should be together would bother me. And again being rather young and immature, I might bring it up during arguments how I’m not good enough for my husband according to his mom…because of how sensitive I am personally, a person like that (MIL) might make me feel intimidated. I do know I’m not the majority and I imagine she may not be anything like me, but all possibilities should be explored.

As far as the death certificate, that really could come down to being naive and asking because she didn’t know, or because she cant just rely on hopes and dreams that he will return safe. She has a child to take care of which means knowing how she’s going to care for the child of he doesn’t return. Or maybe she’s awkward. Or maybe it’s none of those things.

Always hopeful we'll have some news about Chance.

Per the article linked by @AmandaReckonwith:

Gering Police continue to receive tips and conduct interviews, including one Tuesday morning, according to Brian Eads, lead investigator on the case, who was with the Nebraska State Highway Patrol at the time of Englebert’s disappearance.

The case is still active and there are no updates to share, Eads said in an email to Cowboy State Daily Tuesday. He would not comment on whether the department has identified any solid clues or persons of interest, saying the investigation is ongoing.

More People Come Forward With Info About Missing Moorcroft Man | Cowboy State Daily

New leads and information about what happened the night a Moorcroft man went missing more than two years ago have been coming in, according to a private investigator who recently picked up the case, as the reward money increases to $14,750 following a fundraiser for the family.

Though she couldn’t divulge any of those leads or information at this time, Amanda Waldron, private investigator with the national non-profit We Help the Missing (WHTM), said that new witnesses have contacted her with information about the night of Englebert’s disappearance.

“Multiple people have come forward,” she said. “Typically, most cases are 5,000 piece puzzles but this one is more like a 10,000-piece.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GEC0704
Back