NE NE - Chance Englebert, 25, Gering, 6 July 2019 (new father)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On July 5, 2019 Chance Englebert was alive and well. We know he spent most of the day in Gering and went to Bayard later in the afternoon. We can speculate that something happened in Moorcroft or Gillette early that afternoon, as a flurry of calls from his neighbor and then his best friend began around 113pm and continued until after 230pm. This was unusual as the guys usually texted each other all hours of the day & night - calls were much scarcer. Otherwise, not much is known about the events of that day and they certainly have since been overshadowed by what happened the following day.

In such cases as this one, it is important to look at the days and weeks leading up to the disappearance. On the face, the public has scrutinized the events of “that day”, but when viewed as a continuous chain, what happened from June 28th through July 5th can put into perspective what happened on July 6, 2019. Chance’s disappearance cannot be viewed as independent and separate from those facts and events. Otherwise the case will remain unsolved.

The truth is out there. Justice is coming for Chance.
Can you elaborate on the events/days leading up to the day he disappeared?
Facts only, no editorial.

Amateur opinion and speculation

How long has it been since a search team was deployed? I know his friend Matt has doggedly been persistent. Might be a good time to retrace some ground.

Chance needs to be brought home to his family.

amateur opinion and speculation

We don't walk away, we stay, get on with our lives. MOO
But occasionally people do walk away. Look up the case of Mervin Sinclair, missing since 1958 but apparently lived under another identity until dying in an accident in 1980 and only recently was this discovered (final DNA pending).

I don't think Chance walked away, but it always remains a remote possibility.

I think this article, with statements from Gering police, gives the public the state of the investigation. It’s also from Dec 2019, I’m not sure where LE believes this case stands today, if they still believe no foul play.

Police break down timeline, dispel rumors in missing man's search

An article from May 3, 2021 states that tips continue to come in to LE and the investigation is ongoing.
"Hundreds of tips have turned up nothing." per the Gering PD.
Moorcroft man’s disappearance remains a mystery nearly two years later | County 17

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

IMO, law enforcement already has cell phone records of Chance and everyone he communicated with as well as family members.
They have the times and locations (not precise, of course but within 2-3 miles) of where Chance's phone pinged up until shortly after 9pm when a nonsensical text with emojis was sent from his phone. This emoji text was likely pocket-dialed/butt-dialed, IMO.
Shortly after 9pm was when the storm came through.
LE has stated that there is no evidence of foul play.

I have followed this case for 2 years now and I still can't comprehend why so many want to believe this was foul play when absolutely nothing points to that.
IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>

IMO, law enforcement already has cell phone records of Chance and everyone he communicated with as well as family members.
They have the times and locations (not precise, of course but within 2-3 miles) of where Chance's phone pinged up until shortly after 9pm when a nonsensical text with emojis was sent from his phone. This emoji text was likely pocket-dialed/butt-dialed, IMO.
Shortly after 9pm was when the storm came through.
LE has stated that there is no evidence of foul play.

I have followed this case for 2 years now and I still can't comprehend why so many want to believe this was foul play when absolutely nothing points to that.
IMO.
Because the likelihood of a person vanishing in the middle of a small city is minuscule

Because there were intense relationship conflicts and other aggravating factors in the weeks leading up to and immediately before the disappearance

Because bodies don’t usually disappear on their own along with all their effects - something usually surfaces at some point in time

<modsnip>

There is a difference between LE saying they have found no evidence of foul play versus they don’t believe foul play is involved.

Today marks 2 years.

I think foul play is the only play now, unless he was caught up in river debris... but 2 years?

I am not convinced the in-laws/wife are involved but it is 50/50 with stranger foul play. IMO.

Right before the disappearance, there was a lot of family problems and fighting. The families apparently did not like each other.
Wife did not like Chance's Mom and vice-versa. Chance's family was not invited to the wedding.
Fighting happens in lots of families and almost never ends looking 2 years down the road for a dead body. IMO again.

Today marks 2 years.

I think foul play is the only play now, unless he was caught up in river debris... but 2 years?

I am not convinced the in-laws/wife are involved but it is 50/50 with stranger foul play. IMO.

Right before the disappearance, there was a lot of family problems and fighting. The families apparently did not like each other.
Wife did not like Chance's Mom and vice-versa. Chance's family was not invited to the wedding.
Fighting happens in lots of families and almost never ends looking 2 years down the road for a dead body. IMO again.

Well said!

Because the likelihood of a person vanishing in the middle of a small city is minuscule

Because there were intense relationship conflicts and other aggravating factors in the weeks leading up to and immediately before the disappearance

Because bodies don’t usually disappear on their own along with all their effects - something usually surfaces at some point in time

<modsnip>

There is a difference between LE saying they have found no evidence of foul play versus they don’t believe foul play is involved.

This is a sincere request:

Please give me the detailed timeline for your foul play theory using the cell phone information we have.
Start when the wife picks up Chance at the golf course on 07/06/2021.

I have been unable to construct a timeline for a foul play incident and I have attempted to do so several times.
Thanks.

Today marks 2 years.

Do you have a tentative timeline for a foul play scenario?
Given the parameters of cell phone conversations/texts and videos, we're looking at ~7:30pm - 9:08pm when Chance was walking.
9:08pm is when contact was lost and this time is when the storm was hitting.

Please give me the detailed timeline for your foul play theory using the cell phone information we have.

I have been unable to construct a timeline for a foul play incident and I have attempted to do so several times.
Thanks.

Which time given for leaving the golf course would you like to use - the bartender’s time of 530pm or B’s time (given only after the phone records were made public) of 655pm??

Thanks.
Chance was last seen walking alone at 8:01pm (ring video from Terry Blvd and Stable Club Road). His phone pinged last at around 915pm per LE reports to media. That leaves a 75-minute gap in the timeline - long enough for just about any foul play scenario to play out.

Chance and Banks in 2019. (from facebook)

Beautiful photo.
It is tragic that the baby will grow up without his father.
Also tragic that the wife and grandmother are estranged over this, especially since there is no evidence pointing to foul play.

IMO, due to the cell phone pings, it would be impossible for Chance's disappearance to be caused by family/acquaintances known to LE.

A foul play incident with a random stranger(s) occurring right when the storm hit?
Highly unlikely but I'm sure video was reviewed by LE to see who was out during that storm in the area of the last ping.

Self harm or a voluntary walk away?
I'm just not seeing that.

Chance was on the phone and texting during that "gap" in time.
Where were the persons you think may have been involved during that time period?
Chance’s last phone call was made at 751pm to B

The last text - an iMessage to his aunt that is doubted as being sent by Chance because of the use of an emoji - was sent from his phone at 908pm.

There is no activity logged on his phone after 751pm (we only know about the iMessages because the recipient disclosed it - iMessages are encrypted Apple device to Apple device messages that are not logged on the service provider’s data).

Where was B during the 75-minute period?? Hint: she discloses information in the vanished podcast.

The last text - an iMessage to his aunt that is doubted as being sent by Chance because of the use of an emoji - was sent from his phone at 908pm.

There is no activity logged on his phone after 751pm (we only know about the iMessages because the recipient disclosed it - iMessages are encrypted Apple device to Apple device messages that are not logged on the service provider’s data).

Where was B during the 75-minute period??

I'm positive that LE knows where the wife, her grandfather and all other relatives were during that time period via phone records/pings, video and in-person knowledge.

Where was B during the 75-minute period?? Hint: she discloses information in the vanished podcast.

IIRC, the wife and her grandfather went out to look for Chance.
If they had found him their phone pings would have converged at that point.

The wife says they went back home because of the storm.

ETA: additional info

Last edited:
IIRC, the wife and her grandfather went out to look for Chance.
If they had found him their phone pings would have converged at that point.

The wife says they went back home because of the storm.

ETA: additional info
I'm positive that LE knows where the wife, her grandfather and all other relatives were during that time period via phone records/pings, video and in-person knowledge.

within a 2-3 mile arc (partial radius) - because the number of cell towers and their distance from each other, pinpointing a phone’s exact location in SCB is difficult. This was borne out when the couple disappeared last February and were found days later in a storage facility.
Unfortunately, not everyone is covered by overlapping cell towers that make triangulation location so valuable in such cases in larger cities.

within a 2-3 mile arc (partial radius) - because the number of cell towers and their distance from each other, pinpointing a phone’s exact location in SCB is difficult. This was borne out when the couple disappeared last February and were found days later in a storage facility.
Unfortunately, not everyone is covered by overlapping cell towers that make triangulation location so valuable in such cases in larger cities.

Although it would not be a pinpoint location there would be some convergence, IMO.

Do you not think that LE would look into this?

Please tell me what you think occurred?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member