NE NE - Chance Englebert, 25, Gering, 6 July 2019 (new father)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
EPISODE 197: Chance Englebert — The Vanished Podcast

To answer the question: 17:10 Baylee speaks: The guys had decided they all wanted to go golfing: him, my brother, mom, my dad. So they all went to the golf course to drink a lot and have fun a lot and golf a lot. He called me. We were supposed to eat, meet my friends for dinner. He was in a super good mood so I drove out there and got the baby and started walking to where everyone was sitting and he said, “Get the **** in the car we’re leaving.”….

18:00 So he had misunderstood something that someone had said about him, something about the mines shutting down because with Nebraska, with minimum wage (it’s hard to make money in Nebraska) you’re not going to be paid worth a ****. Not what you would in Wyoming, even if you’re really skilled. So they said something like, “at least you’re not making minimum wage,” y’know by Nebraska standards.

Chance was also fighting with his parents and brother.

I think about staying with my in-laws over 4th of July holiday with a baby and it just sounds so stressful. I’m sure they were trying to figure out how to do holidays with a new nuclear family and now a large extended family, and chance was trying to be generous with Baylee by staying with her family. I would not want to stay with my in-laws, and I like my in-laws. A 4-hour BBQ is plenty and I want my yoga pants and movies and articles and rest.

I’m so sorry that another anniversary is imminent. I pray to God that he is found and the family gets closure
This doesn't answer why he was fighting with his parents and brother. I'm not sure I knew that. Were his parents and brother visiting in NE too? Or was this a separate
Incident?

Two years ago today, Chance Englebert left his home in Moorcroft, WY for the last time. He traveled to Gering, NE with his wife and son. About 72 hours after their arrival in Gering, Chance vanished into thin air. In the middle of Scottsbluff. Less than 2 hours after an argument with his wife’s family. Less than an hour after an argument with his wife. Someone knows what happened to Chance. Judgment day is coming. Justice for Chance!!

MOO.
All the verifiable evidence we have indicates that Chance went into the river during or shortly after the severe storm which came through the area.
His body has not surfaced because it is likely caught up in underwater debris.

The loss of this young man is very sad and the fact that his son will grow up without a father is tragic.
There is no evidence that foul play is involved.

Sometimes we don't find the remains of loved ones and that makes closure very difficult.
As time goes on, I pray Chance's family and friends will find peace.
MOO.

MOO.
All the verifiable evidence we have indicates that Chance went into the river during or shortly after the severe storm which came through the area.

The loss of this young man is very sad and the fact that his son will grow up without a father is tragic.

Sometimes we don't find the remains of loved ones and that makes closure very difficult.
MOO.

There is NO “verifiable evidence” that Chance was even NEAR the river and to state otherwise is completely false. The river is very shallow and has been searched repeatedly. Search & Rescue dogs from no less than 3 teams have all indicated he did not go into the river or back downriver. This includes the search and HRD dogs from Goshen County S & R who were brought in on July 8, 2019 to aid in the initial search.
All videos of Chance were taken south of the river and his last known direction of travel was south (video from ring camera @ Terry Blvd and Stable Club). The last ping from his phone was 2-3 miles south-southeast of Riverview and Hwy 92 - again SOUTH of the river. Every check dam along the river was checked for his body and personal effects - nothing was found. The river rose a total of 8” following the storm on July 6.

Last edited:
There is NO “verifiable evidence” that Chance was even NEAR the river and to state otherwise is completely false. The river is very shallow and has been searched repeatedly. Search & Rescue dogs from no less than 3 teams have all indicated he did not go into the river or back downriver. This includes the search and HRD dogs from Goshen County S & R who were brought in on July 8, 2019 to aid in the initial search. Idk where your “verifiable” information comes from, but it is 100% hogwash.
Perhaps it is best to say this is still an unknown, with nothing verified.
I think we can all agree it’s been way too long, and answers are overdue.

What a terrific young guy and a great family.
Where are you Chance?

amateur opinion and speculation

MOO.

MOO.
I admit I don't know what happened to Chance - but it's been two years - the river has been scoured by mother nature - I don't think his body is caught in underwater debris. No bones have been sighted, although I'm not sure how often anyone goes down the river. I live in rural Nebraska, and know the rivers clear themselves, I don't think he is there. I do believe he is not alive, most likely killed by someone? and buried. Possibly a known person who was angry at him but killed him in an act of impulse or being drunk? He didn't walk away from his life never to be heard or seen again. We don't walk away, we stay, get on with our lives. MOO

I admit I don't know what happened to Chance - but it's been two years - the river has been scoured by mother nature - I don't think his body is caught in underwater debris. No bones have been sighted, although I'm not sure how often anyone goes down the river. I live in rural Nebraska, and know the rivers clear themselves, I don't think he is there. I do believe he is not alive, most likely killed by someone? and buried. Possibly a known person who was angry at him but killed him in an act of impulse or being drunk? He didn't walk away from his life never to be heard or seen again. We don't walk away, we stay, get on with our lives. MOO
I don't think any of us know whether Chance had an accident or whether something nefarious occurred. I do know that there has never been a clear explanation of the circumstances that led up to him walking off. Naturally, that lack of clear explanation leaves people thinking a variety of thoughts. If the discussion was sensitive, and a "family matter" that would have upset Chance, then just say so, rather than leave everyone with the impression that something is being hidden. The details of that discussion are nobody's business, but the circumstances leading up to Chance's disappearance are.

I will speculate that the people closest to this case already have a strong impression as to what triggered the walk away. Whatever happened, it will ultimately come to light.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Is there a possibility Chance went to a local bar to continue drinking and that's why he sent the random emoji text?

Is there a possibility Chance went to a local bar to continue drinking and that's why he sent the random emoji text?
We don't know for sure if it was Chance that sent a text. However, going to a bar isn't out of the realm of possibility, but we have no proof to validate that speculation; nor has anyone stated they saw him at a bar after he walked off.

Virtual, community walks set to remember missing man

A virtual walk and community walk have been planned to highlight the case of a man who has been missing since July 2019.

The family of Chance Englebret has organized a virtual walk, providing a way for over 30,000 people who have followed the man’s story on Facebook to be involved in remembering the man’s disappearance. Englebert went missing on July 6, 2019, during a trip to Gering. The man, who had been living in Moorcroft, Wyoming, had been reported missing after he left a Gering residence where he had been staying with his wife, Baylee, and infant son, Banks, on foot following an argument.

I'm still stuck on his wife trying to declare him dead only a week later...
Why she would think or know that, only the subject herself knows.
I am taking in to account that she was very young and perhaps completely overwhelmed and worried about money. Albeit, it is a curious thing to do after a person has only been missing a week. It would be interesting to better understand her thought process.

Do we know if Chance's parents ever get to see their grandson?

Last edited:
Why she would think or know that, only the subject herself knows.
I am taking in to account that she was very young and perhaps completely overwhelmed and worried about money. Albeit, it is a curious thing to do after a person has only been missing a week. It would be interesting to better understand her thought process.

Do we know if Chance's parents ever get to see their grandson?

I was looking on the internet last night and found this article about Wyoming's Missing People. Further down in the article it mentions heated debate causing division between the two families, resulting in broken communication between Chance's mother and Bailey and grandson. The article was written in Feb, 2021.
Wyoming’s Missing People: Part I | Cowboy State Daily
MOO

This doesn't answer why he was fighting with his parents and brother. I'm not sure I knew that. Were his parents and brother visiting in NE too? Or was this a separate
Incident?
Incident?

The only thing that I remember is that Dawn felt the marriage was too turbulent and was telling Chance and Baylee they had to divorce. I think that’s what I remember Dawn saying in the interview. Chance had a text quarrel with his brother (which the family has asked people not to publish), but his family said something like disregard the texts your brother sent you he is sorry, during one of the media conferences (again if I am remembering correctly).

Baylee says that the marriage was without strife.

Chance did not call his brother, mother or father to pick him up (if I am putting together the facts correctly). He had called and asked his cousin/friends etc to pick him up. This is (in my opinion) because he was in a standoff with his family and didn’t want Baylee to feel he was betraying the marriage. He was also too angry with Baylee’s family to ask them for help, and his friends were not in a state to drive so (again in my opinion) he was attempting to walk to his and Baylee’s shared home.

Last edited:
Two years ago today, Chance Englebert celebrated his final Independence Day. He texted with work buddies and talked to his neighbor in Moorcroft. He attended his final rodeo and derby in Bridgeport, NE with his wife and son. A photo of the three was taken in the grandstands. He couldn’t have known it would be the last rodeo he would see.

Someone knows something! The truth is inevitably going to come to light.

Two years ago today, Chance Englebert celebrated his final Independence Day. He texted with work buddies and talked to his neighbor in Moorcroft. He attended his final rodeo and derby in Bridgeport, NE with his wife and son. A photo of the three was taken in the grandstands. He couldn’t have known it would be the last rodeo he would see.

Someone knows something! The truth is inevitably going to come to light.
What a heartbreaking post. We never reveal our identities here on WS, but I suspect you are someone who cared about this great guy. You can count on that last sentence Lane. Ultimately, the truth is revealed. We see it time and time again here on these threads. Count on it.

Honoring our great country today, and sending a message up to Chance to guide our efforts in finding him.

On July 5, 2019 Chance Englebert was alive and well. We know he spent most of the day in Gering and went to Bayard later in the afternoon. We can speculate that something happened in Moorcroft or Gillette early that afternoon, as a flurry of calls from his neighbor and then his best friend began around 113pm and continued until after 230pm. This was unusual as the guys usually texted each other all hours of the day & night - calls were much scarcer. Otherwise, not much is known about the events of that day and they certainly have since been overshadowed by what happened the following day.

In such cases as this one, it is important to look at the days and weeks leading up to the disappearance. On the face, the public has scrutinized the events of “that day”, but when viewed as a continuous chain, what happened from June 28th through July 5th can put into perspective what happened on July 6, 2019. Chance’s disappearance cannot be viewed as independent and separate from those facts and events. Otherwise the case will remain unsolved.

The truth is out there. Justice is coming for Chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste