NE NE - Chance Englebert, 25, Gering, 6 July 2019 (new father)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JUL 16, 2019
Man reported missing in Nebraska may be in Wyoming - Casper,WY Oil City News
[...]

A Casper citizen says she thinks she saw Chance Englebert at the East Side Walmart at about 6 pm on Friday, July 12 and told the Gering Police Department

Gering PD Officer Shawn West said that Walmart was rechecking their video surveillance from Friday to try to confirm whether it was Englebert.

[...]

Englebert was reported to have gotten into an argument with his family on July 6, according to West. He was last seen leaving the home on foot at about 7:30 pm.

West said that Englebert apparently told friends he was walking in a ditch toward Torrington and told friends that he wanted them to come pick him up.

Due to a major thunderstorm on Friday evening, West said that police thought it important to help locate Englebert due to concerns about his safety.

[...]

West said that Englebert’s mother told them he had been clean-shaven when he left and that his facial hair tends to grow slowly, so some of the reports were able to be ruled out on this basis.

West said that they still want people to pay attention to the clothing Englebert was wearing in the far left photo of the following poster:

66706960_838350563208193_3560317250302902272_n.jpg

While police know he may have changed his clothing by now, there is still a chance he could be seen wearing those.

[...]
BBM. This perplexes me. Torrington is 35 miles or so away. It seems odd he would say that. This call is strange. The friends that said this, did they go to get him or not? Where were the friends? What was the argument with his family about?

BBM. This perplexes me. Torrington is 35 miles or so away. It seems odd he would say that. This call is strange. The friends that said this, did they go to get him or not? Where were the friends? What was the argument with his family about?
I thought maybe his friends were in Torrington, he was walking toward there, and asked that they pick him up. Otherwise, I have no idea.

I haven't seen anything about whether they actually picked him up or not or what the argument with family was about. MOO

ETA: For reference - Gering to Torrington Google Maps

I thought maybe his friends were in Torrington, he was walking toward there, and asking that they come pick him up. Otherwise, I have no idea.

I haven't seen anything about whether they actually picked him up or not or what the argument with family was about. MOO
I kind of thought that too. His friends were in Torrington (which is just inside Wyoming) or he was telling his friends to meet him in Torrington. Maybe he was going to try to hitch a ride there or something. I just get the feeling that there are plenty of people involved here that are not exactly telling everything they know.

Good grief, this is sounding so similar to the Tyler Davis case in Ohio.

It is obvious to me and I am sure many others on here, that Chance was leaving and didn't intend to come back, at least that night, anyway. Something upset him to walk that far, and during a storm, and have him call his friends to pick him up.

My partner and I have promised to NEVER walk away like this during an argument... only allowed to go to the other end of the house lol
the vulnerability of fleeing while upset/sad/angry/impulsive opens doors to too many possibilities. I do think he left completely of his own free will, I think he was overwhelmed and discouraged and needed space and then something must have happened later, otherwise I think he would at least let his mother or LE know he’s alive. It’s been so many days!
Hopeful that I’m wrong and that he just needs extra time to be off the map to shake this quarter life crisis.. I mean, new marriage, new baby, new extended family... it’s a lot of responsibility whether you’re ready or not! Lots of new external pressures..
So hoping for a happy ending!
All of this is moooo

Okay, you should be putting a warning before your posts...." this could be harmful to your health"... I, too, sprayed every last drop of my Coke in my mouth on the wall and floor. My cheeks are painful from laughing hysterically!
I have now regained my composure and will give my thoughts on that unidentified object near the babies knee.... it is the mom's thumb.

I did not notice that oddity until you guys commented on it and I too got a healthy chuckle. I agree it is mom's thumb (after doing a few double and triple takes) but her left arm is also what is holding the baby so I think it must be bad photoshopping.

JUL 23, 2019
Moorcroft Man Remains Missing After Extensive Weekend Search
[...]

Over the weekend, somewhere between 30 and 40 family members and friends scoured the Gering-Scottsdale area as well as branching out to neighboring towns Bayard, McGrew, and Mitchell and across state lines into Torrington, Wyoming.

“A lot of the terrain is pretty rough,” said Chance’s wife, 20-year-old BE, who also participated in the weekend search involving small groups of people on horseback, foot, and ATVs. “Some of us had been out from sunup to sundown.”

It’s not just a stroll through some rolling hills, she added. Over the past few days, the group traversed canyons and ravines filled with brush and poison oak and through the high grass and weed-covered banks of the North Platte River dividing Gering and Scottsbluff.

[...]

With the river levels falling after heavy rains and flooding earlier this month, BE and family have been in contact with divers, and are in the process of reaching out to volunteer K9 teams to walk roadside ditches.

The family is currently doing their own investigation, she said, along with efforts by the police, with the two groups reaching out to share information for their parallel investigations.

Monday afternoon, she was planning to take more pamphlets to cities east of Gering and will continue to reach out to national media outlets, and even a psychic, to try to spread the word of his disappearance and bring her missing husband home.

[...]

The Gering Police Department did not return County 17’s request for a case update.

"(Chance)Englebert was reported to have gotten into an argument with his family on July 6, according to West. He was last seen leaving the home on foot at about 7:30 pm.

(Gering, NE Deputy)West said that Englebert apparently told friends he was walking in a ditch toward Torrington and told friends that he wanted them to come pick him up."

Man reported missing in Nebraska may be in Wyoming - Casper, WY Oil City News

I've read all the FB comments on those who are looking for CE but there is no information about the 'friends' who CE asked to come and pick him up. Did they pick him up or not? Certainly it is not a secret who the friends are.

"(Chance)Englebert was reported to have gotten into an argument with his family on July 6, according to West. He was last seen leaving the home on foot at about 7:30 pm.

(Gering, NE Deputy)West said that Englebert apparently told friends he was walking in a ditch toward Torrington and told friends that he wanted them to come pick him up."

Man reported missing in Nebraska may be in Wyoming - Casper, WY Oil City News

I've read all the FB comments on those who are looking for CE but there is no information about the 'friends' who CE asked to come and pick him up. Did they pick him up or not? Certainly it is not a secret who the friends are.
The fact, (and if it is a fact) that he called friends to pick him up, suggests
that he wanted to get the heck out of Gering but didn't want to end his life.

When looking at the map (Owl Road
and where his phone last pinged) the road is very near to a leg of the North Platte. I hate to think this but I can't help but think he was caught unaware and the river overtook him before he could get to higher ground.

The fact, (and if it is a fact) that he called friends to pick him up, suggests
that he wanted to get the heck out of Gering but didn't want to end his life.

When looking at the map (Owl Road
and where his phone last pinged) the road is very near to a leg of the North Platte. I hate to think this but I can't help but think he was caught unaware and the river overtook him before he could get to higher ground.

Certainly a possibility.
However, I would like to know what the friends he called to come pick him up have to say.
Depending on their response(s) we'd have a much better guess as to whether CE is alive or dead.

JUL 25, 2019
Meet the Martinsons, Gillette's demolition derby family
5d39dbe16a7a5.image.jpg

Brothers KM, PM and TM with TM’s demolition car at their home Wednesday evening. The M's have painted their cars in honor of their friend, Chance Englebert, who has been missing for more than two weeks.

You’ve heard of families that seem to specialize in one sport or another, like the one that has five sons who start for the varsity football team, and the one with sons, daughters and cousins who are basketball stars. They’d be known as a football family or a basketball family.

But a demolition derby family?

[...]

JUL 25, 2019
Meet the Martinsons, Gillette's demolition derby family
5d39dbe16a7a5.image.jpg

Brothers KM, PM and TM with TM’s demolition car at their home Wednesday evening. The M's have painted their cars in honor of their friend, Chance Englebert, who has been missing for more than two weeks.

You’ve heard of families that seem to specialize in one sport or another, like the one that has five sons who start for the varsity football team, and the one with sons, daughters and cousins who are basketball stars. They’d be known as a football family or a basketball family.

But a demolition derby family?

[...]
LOL I love this. Feels so rural. When I was a kid I’d help at my aunts county fair and I’d time the demolition derbys and it was a great time, this warms my heart... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog