NE NE - Chance Englebert, 25, Gering, 6 July 2019 (new father)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“When he gets mad, he’ll walk to cool down,” Baylee said. “But I didn’t think he’d go far. He just kept walking until I couldn’t see him. I didn’t think he was serious.”

This is a quote from an interview on NebraskaLostnMissing website. She was referring to CE's walking away from the grandparent's home the evening he disappeared.

What did he say that she didn't think he was serious? Could he have said "I'm leaving and I am not ever coming back?

OCT 28, 2019

On July 6, 2019, 25-year-old Chance Englebert spent the day golfing with family in Gering, Nebraska. He left with his wife, Baylee, and their infant son. Together, they went to Baylee's grandparents’ house to pick up a few things. According to Baylee, it was in her grandparents’ driveway around 7:30 PM that Chance got out of the car and walked away heading toward Terrytown. He was seen on surveillance walking in that direction. He’s never been seen or heard from again.

[...]

EPISODE 197: Chance Englebert — The Vanished Podcast

“When he gets mad, he’ll walk to cool down,” Baylee said. “But I didn’t think he’d go far. He just kept walking until I couldn’t see him. I didn’t think he was serious.”

This is a quote from an interview on NebraskaLostnMissing website. She was referring to CE's walking away from the grandparent's home the evening he disappeared.

What did he say that she didn't think he was serious? Could he have said "I'm leaving and I am not ever coming back?

New here, so I hope I'm replying right. But I've been lurking this case and decided to make an account. I would like to know that also, if he said "I'm leaving and not coming back"

Maybe they’re using it as a verb... the highway is a way to ditch (town, etc)?
Below is the first report I can find that mentions the ditch and unless his friends misunderstood him (which is possible I suppose) I interpret it to mean he was actually walking in a ditch. MOO

JUL 16, 2019
Man reported missing in Nebraska may be in Wyoming - Casper,WY Oil City News
West said that Englebert apparently told friends he was walking in a ditch toward Torrington and told friends that he wanted them to come pick him up.

OCT 28, 2019

On July 6, 2019, 25-year-old Chance Englebert spent the day golfing with family in Gering, Nebraska. He left with his wife, Baylee, and their infant son. Together, they went to Baylee's grandparents’ house to pick up a few things. According to Baylee, it was in her grandparents’ driveway around 7:30 PM that Chance got out of the car and walked away heading toward Terrytown. He was seen on surveillance walking in that direction. He’s never been seen or heard from again.

[...]

EPISODE 197: Chance Englebert — The Vanished Podcast
Ok, does this make ANY sense to the rest of you?

They went to Baylee's grandparents' house to pick up a few things. Chance got out of the car and just......walked away? A new Dad just walked away?

Reading this makes me think that they were going to head back home, right? So why would he just take off like that, if they were going home in the first place?

I smell a BS story here and have from the beginning. Something happened at that golf course- an argument was mentioned, and after that, whatever it was that was upsetting him obviously caused his man to not want to be with his wife, either. They were obviously arguing in their vehicle- it had to have been bad enough that he needed to get away from her family and fast.

Did he feel threatened by anyone? He called a friend for a ride- he must have been desperate to get away from there. I just saw above that the family has hired a lawyer- interesting, wouldn't you say? If no one did anything wrong, there wouldn't be a need for a lawyer. If he just walked away on his own, they wouldn't be responsible for his actions.

I wonder what he told his friend on the phone? Did he mention anything about feeling threatened?

I wish that LE would share at least the places that sightings of CE have been reported. For ex. if many of the reported sightings are in a line toward Montana or further west into Wyoming then it tells us something. It would heighten the awareness of people in that area to his presence. If they are randomly scattered all over the place then maybe not so much.

Listened to The Vanished podcast.

I believe it's possible that the wife is not being completely forthcoming about the details surrounding what made her husband upset that day/night. Perhaps they fought even, especially if he wanted to abruptly pack up and leave her families home. Maybe she was embarrassed. But I don't believe those details are most likely relevant. Or, he was upset about exactly what she claimed, the comment someone made about his job.

Regardless, (imo) this young man made a rash decision to take off on foot without a solid plan. He was upset. It doesn't sound like he was thinking clearly. I personally cannot cast blame on the wife here. Perhaps she didn't feel inclined to chase him down on foot, follow behind him, beg him to return. Who knows. But he was spotted on surveillance, so that puts him alive after he walked off.

I think it's entirely possible this poor guy drowned or passed away due to the elements.

If it is foul play, IMO, he was not a victim of anyone he knew.

I feel horrible for his family and his young wife.

It's possible (and this is just me throwing a thought out there as my opinion, not fact), that something like this went down:
Wife feels that CE isn't supportive enough, doesn't make enough money, etc. And she's concerned he's going from one job to another.
At the golf outing, it's just the guys, CE and his in-laws. And there's at least some alcohol involved.
Her family starts talking to CE about wife's concerns. You know, Daddy wants what's best for his daughter and grandchild. It's not an uncommon argument among families.
CE feels insulted and possibly that his manhood and role as family provider has been questioned. The talk may have continued after they all returned to the house.
If he's got a temper (or if alcohol helps trigger than temper) I can easily see him storming away from that situation when he gets a chance.
I doubt he intended to leave permanently, but I think he was angry enough he wanted to get far away right then. I think something happened (accidentally, probably related to the storms) and he never got the chance to cool off and return to the in-laws (or head back home separately from wife and child).

It's possible (and this is just me throwing a thought out there as my opinion, not fact), that something like this went down:
Wife feels that CE isn't supportive enough, doesn't make enough money, etc. And she's concerned he's going from one job to another.
At the golf outing, it's just the guys, CE and his in-laws. And there's at least some alcohol involved.
Her family starts talking to CE about wife's concerns. You know, Daddy wants what's best for his daughter and grandchild. It's not an uncommon argument among families.
CE feels insulted and possibly that his manhood and role as family provider has been questioned. The talk may have continued after they all returned to the house.
If he's got a temper (or if alcohol helps trigger than temper) I can easily see him storming away from that situation when he gets a chance.
I doubt he intended to leave permanently, but I think he was angry enough he wanted to get far away right then. I think something happened (accidentally, probably related to the storms) and he never got the chance to cool off and return to the in-laws (or head back home separately from wife and child).

My spouse has mental health issues that they refuse to address/confront. The going through multiple jobs quickly & his temper leads me believe that he may have been experiencing a manic episode (sometimes they can last for several months with very little remission between each episode, especially at a younger age). And if this was the case then perhaps her & her family were trying to intervene for everyone affected by it, including him. If he was in denial then it’s my personal opinion via my experiences that he lost his temper which then would lead him to make a rash decision like walking out.

Ok, does this make ANY sense to the rest of you?

They went to Baylee's grandparents' house to pick up a few things. Chance got out of the car and just......walked away? A new Dad just walked away?

Reading this makes me think that they were going to head back home, right? So why would he just take off like that, if they were going home in the first place?

I smell a BS story here and have from the beginning. Something happened at that golf course- an argument was mentioned, and after that, whatever it was that was upsetting him obviously caused his man to not want to be with his wife, either. They were obviously arguing in their vehicle- it had to have been bad enough that he needed to get away from her family and fast.

Did he feel threatened by anyone? He called a friend for a ride- he must have been desperate to get away from there. I just saw above that the family has hired a lawyer- interesting, wouldn't you say? If no one did anything wrong, there wouldn't be a need for a lawyer. If he just walked away on his own, they wouldn't be responsible for his actions.

I wonder what he told his friend on the phone? Did he mention anything about feeling threatened?
Did you listen to the podcast? One thing I was very concerned about was the fact that his mom said that his wife asked about getting a death certificate in the first week!!! Major red flag for me! MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper