GUILTY NE - Ismenia Marinero, 45, & son Josue, 5, Omaha, 6 May 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.omaha.com/news/metro/sea...cle_08b60708-f452-11e4-9b39-fb9e54cb87a5.html

The son, Roberto C. Martinez-Marinero, reportedly told investigators that he killed his mother, threw his 5-year-old brother Josue Ramirez-Marinero in the Elkhorn River and put his 11-month-old brother Angel in a dumpster. Angel was found alive and well. Josue has not been found.
--------------

that answers part of my above post.......HE put the baby in the dumpster............so why save one and not the other?

it wasn't because the five year old could identify him, he turned himself in and confessed.......so why???

I don't think he wanted the baby to live. Maybe he figured he'd be suffocated by trash or crushed by compactors. He's an absolute monster

Omaha had almost 7 inches of rain on Wednesday night alone. Any body in that river is likely long gone. :(

Please be a miracle Josue! Somehow be safe! RIP Isme. The whole mess is just tragic.

Update from Omaha Police: 3:09 p.m. 5/8/15:

The Omaha Police Department is hearing a great amount of speculation and rumors centered around this case. The only official sources of information are the Omaha Police Department and the Douglas County Attorney's Office. The Omaha Police Department is referring all evidence related questions to the Douglas County Attorney's Office in order to maintain the integrity of the investigation.

It is important to remember this is still an on-going investigation and search 5-year-old Josue Ramirez-Marinero

Nicole Goodrich
@nkgoodrich
Hearing that the search for today may shut down around six -- or when it gets too dark to see through the trees/brush.

I'm horrified to read this! Her own son? Why?

God bless the person who found the baby in the dumpster, I don't think for one second that the baby was placed there to be safe!
Thankfully he was found.

I'm praying for the little guy, maybe some miracle and he will be found safe someone, but it's not looking promising!

What an evil monster,

I just want this baby to be found, I'm so scared for him

Here are some of the new details in those last two articles posted in case anyone is trying to skim!

• Police reiterate that the boy is missing and all efforts to find him are still in motion.
  • The father, Jose Ramirez, is in custody for being an illegal immigrant.
  • A woman living in the apartment complex where the suspect car was found said that she saw someone park the car wearing a black hoodie and black rubber gloves.
  • Two weeks ago, Marinero asked her friend to look after her children if anything bad happened to her.
  • Leading up to the fire, Marinero had seen men in trucks following closely behind her around town.
  • She also had plans to meet someone, maybe a social worker, at the South Omaha Library on Tuesday.
  • On Tuesday night, Marinero had plans to meet with Ramirez. He kept calling Marinero, but her phone was off. About 11 p.m., he received a message from her phone that she was at the hospital but heading home.

BBM I'm guessing it was the son who sent this message? To delay a call to police regarding missing persons? Twisted nevertheless.

Nicole Goodrich
@nkgoodrich
We can still hear @OPDABLE1 circling overhead at the search site.

eta......approx. 15 min. ago

Nicole Goodrich
@nkgoodrich
OPD says they are NOT looking for volunteers. Best way to help is to avoid the search area so they can work.

just this second

Nicole Goodrich
@nkgoodrich
But if you can any info that can help, call police.

I had a former student who's mom was murdered when he was 5 in front of him he remembers [emoji29]

How awful! And, I suspect that the same thing happened in this situation. Unless, he took her and the 5 yo back to his home, and had them in separate rooms.

I'm interested in hearing his motive, if he had accomplices, and what type of person he was. The public didn't even hear that Ismenia had an older son until his arrest. Nothing as in, Her adult son has been made aware of the situation, is being questioned, and is cooperating. One gets the impression from the niece's statement on WOWT.com that LE didn't even interview him prior to him walking into the corrections facility, and that her mother informed LE of their concerns about him. We shall see.

I had a former student who's mom was murdered when he was 5 in front of him he remembers [emoji29]

How awful! And, I suspect that the same thing happened in this situation. Unless, he took her and the 5 yo back to his home, and had them in separate rooms.

I'm interested in hearing his motive, if he had accomplices, and what type of person he was. The public didn't even hear that Ismenia had an older son until his arrest. Nothing as in, Her adult son has been made aware of the situation, is being questioned, and is cooperating. One gets the impression from the niece's statement on WOWT.com that LE didn't even interview him prior to him walking into the corrections facility, and that her mother informed LE of their concerns about him. We shall see.

Nicole Goodrich
@nkgoodrich
No word as to how long into the evening the search will last.

7e08cdf3-20b0-4076-bcad-a7e53a4a43d7_500.jpg

still praying for you sweetie :rose:

the search is still on-going

UPDATE: Omaha police say Angel Ramirez-Marinero has been returned to his family, and Jose Ramirez, the boy's father, who was being held because he is an illegal immigrant, has been released and has returned to his home on 48th Street. The family is expected to attend a vigil at Fourth and Cedar streets at 8 p.m. Friday. Five-year-old Josue Ramirez-Marinero remains missing, according to Omaha police.
by KETV NewsWatch 7 7:53 PM

Alexandra Stone
@AlexGStone
Family tells me this is a moment of "joy" after a tough week @KETV

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members