GUILTY NE - Ismenia Marinero, 45, & son Josue, 5, Omaha, 6 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i sort of understand them... Lord only knows what his motivations were, but the mom loved her son no matter what. she died for him. he would probably still love him had she survived. i have a son who is a handful and somewhat troubled who has hurt me so many times and i love him no matter what. (i hope nothing like this ever happens) it would hurt me even more to know the family hated him. they forgave him for his mom.

i can vouch for that too... my youngest is two and he trails after my 7 year old step son like a puppy.

unlike this story though. my 20 and 17 year old sons adore the baby. the 20 year old comes out as i pull up from work and gets him out of the car every day.

The part about Angel looking for Josue really saddened me. Having boys and seeing how a little brother idolizes a big really hit home. I could imagine my own children and it really hurt. What a classy family to say what they did. Angel will be well cared for no doubt but that hole will always remain. This tragedy just weighs on my heart for this family.

Also Gabriela is denying any involvement and yelled that out in court. Not sure if that link was posted. But she disgusts me. She is just like the arrogant piece of work I had assumed. I pray the justice system works.

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/Suspects-in-Murder-Kidnapping-Make-First-Appearance-in-Court-303438091.html?device=phone&c=y

my ex husband hit me in the face when my oldest boy was 2, he remembers.
I am very sorry for you and for him.
Children often remember more than they are given credit for. Hopefully your son has dealt with his feelings unlike my former student.

The family is having a community memorial service tonight for Josue. I believe today was Josue's actual birthday from what I gathered from the post I saw on the memorial. I still keep thinking of this family and hoping healing is happening in their hearts. This day has been a sad one for our community; a young officer/mother killed in duty was also laid to rest. My heart hurts and these past few days have weighed on my heart as I thought about the fragile nature of life. Hold onto your loved ones and really cherish every moment with them; you just never know what tomorrow holds.

Omaha Says Goodbye to Mother and Son Murdered Earlier This Month
Story.jpg

Omaha, NE (ABC9 News) A funeral service was held Saturday morning in Omaha for a mother and son murdered earlier this month.

(snip)
The service was heartbreaking to those who knew the family and even to those who didn't.

(snip)
Josue's casket was donated by a group of monks from Iowa. You can continue to help the family by donating to the Ramirez-Marinero fund at any U.S. Bank location.

The man accused in the killings will go to trial. Roberto Martinez-Marinero, 25, waived his preliminary hearing Thursday. He is the son of Jesus Ismenia Marinero and Josue's half-brother. Their family said they have learned to forgive.

"We'll never forget what happened, but we need to forgive because that's the way Grandma showed us. We can't have that bad feeling in our heart," Rosa said.

Martinez-Marinero's girlfriend, Gabriela Guevara, is also in jail, charged as an accessory.
---------------more and video of the service at link :(

:rose: josue :heartbeat:
:rose: jesus ismenia :heartbeat:
:rose: strength to those that love them

Thank you SO much for posting that Queen Bee!!!
:tears:

:floating: :floating:
:rose: :rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New details revealed in Marinero murders

During Guevara’s preliminary hearing Friday, an Omaha police officer assigned to the homicide unit took the stand, answering questions about the investigation.

The officer said during an initial interview, Guevara said she was not present at the time of Jesus Ismenia Marinero's murder. However, the officer said surveillance video from a neighbor’s home indicates Guevara was there at the time.

The officer testified that in follow-up interviews with Guevara, after reviewing the surveillance video, Guevara's story changed.

The officer said the video shows Guevara moving in and out of the home and that Guevara was with Martinez-Marinero when they left with three children.

(snip)
At the end of testimony, when asked for a time of death on Jesus Ismenia Marinero, the officer said, "She was still alive when she was dumped."

Douglas County Judge Lawrence E. Barrett said he found there is "a possibility she may have been an aider or abettor in the murder of Jesus" and increased Guevara's bail to $5 million.

MORE AT LINK

-web-gabriela-guevara-0120-jpg.jpg

http://www.ketv.com/news/accessory-suspect-in-marinero-slayings-appears-in-court/33416734

hoooollllyyyyyy hell. cold pieces of work...... bet they had no idea their neighbor had a camera.....

New details revealed in Marinero murders

During Guevara’s preliminary hearing Friday, an Omaha police officer assigned to the homicide unit took the stand, answering questions about the investigation.

The officer said during an initial interview, Guevara said she was not present at the time of Jesus Ismenia Marinero's murder. However, the officer said surveillance video from a neighbor’s home indicates Guevara was there at the time.

The officer testified that in follow-up interviews with Guevara, after reviewing the surveillance video, Guevara's story changed.

The officer said the video shows Guevara moving in and out of the home and that Guevara was with Martinez-Marinero when they left with three children.

(snip)
At the end of testimony, when asked for a time of death on Jesus Ismenia Marinero, the officer said, "She was still alive when she was dumped."

Douglas County Judge Lawrence E. Barrett said he found there is "a possibility she may have been an aider or abettor in the murder of Jesus" and increased Guevara's bail to $5 million.

MORE AT LINK

-web-gabriela-guevara-0120-jpg.jpg

http://www.ketv.com/news/accessory-suspect-in-marinero-slayings-appears-in-court/33416734

This one is so hard to deal with. :( A little boy with his whole life ahead of him and his mum who loved her children to the end.

I can not imagine what the poor family are going through. They are so strong to forgive, I take my hat off to them. They are honouring the memory of Josue and Jesus.

I truly hope we see justice in this case.

watching the service on that video was heartbreaking :(

what a strong family

:rose: :rose:

5571f3229dcf2.image.jpg

Jesus Ismenia Marinero

Woman helped boyfriend dispose of his mother's body in Omaha, officer testifies

(snip)
The girlfriend, Gabriela Guevara, may be charged with murder if Marinero indeed was alive, prosecutors said.

Guevara, 24, had a preliminary hearing on Friday. She has been charged with five felony accessory counts, including two counts of being an accessory to murder.

Ismenia Marinero’s son, Roberto Martinez-Marinero, 25, is facing a first-degree murder charge in his mother’s slaying and in the drowning death of his half-brother, 4-year-old Josue Ramirez-Marinero.

(snip)
Martinez-Marinero and Ismenia Marinero had been arguing about money in the weeks before the killing, Dye said. On the night of her death, Dye said, Ismenia Marinero had gone to her son’s house with Josue and Angel, and another fight ensued.

“She told him he was an ungrateful child,” Dye said. Martinez-Marinero snapped, grabbed a knife with a six-inch blade and stabbed her multiple times in the neck and torso. He also beat her with an aluminum bat, Dye said.

Angel was spared when an alert passer-by heard rustling in a dumpster and rescued the boy. A garbage truck was scheduled to unload the trash bin the next day — and Angel almost certainly would have died in the crush, Kleine has said.
-----------more at link: http://www.kearneyhub.com/news/regi...e-0bb5-11e5-82fd-43b24d33a8be.html?mode=story

:rose: jesus ismenia
:rose: josue
:rose: strength to those that love them

Not sure if anyone else has been following this case. I haven't read the threads here about it. But this popped up in my news feed today....

http://www.ketv.com/news/suspects-in-murder-case-led-search-rescue-crews-to-elkhorn-river/37819202

"By luck someone had a video," Deputy County Attorney Brenda Beadle said to Dye on the stand. "By luck or divine intervention."Prosecutors played the video in court, to sobs from family members. Police said the video shows Roberto Marinero, 25, carrying a body wrapped in a white sheet out of a home near 25th and Poppleton streets.

This case was so awful to me. I can't imagine his mother's broken heart knowing her son was killing her. Her fear for the younger kids she couldn't protect. I'm glad he took the plea and saved the family from a lengthy trial.

From March:

http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/jud...cle_976ebc00-e6ec-11e5-a977-b7bf2959782d.html

A judge Thursday refused to suppress statements Gabriela Guevara made to Omaha police after her boyfriend killed his mother and 4-year-old brother last spring.

Guevara’s attorneys had attempted a “Caril Ann Fugate defense,” arguing that she was so traumatized by and scared of Roberto Martinez-Marinero that she couldn’t knowingly waive her right to remain silent with police...

Guevara faces five accessory charges that could land her in prison for 45 years. No trial date has been set.

August 23, 2016
12:30 AM

Woman who helped boyfriend dump mother's dead body pleads no contest to being an accessory

Guevara pleaded no contest Monday to being an accessory — for helping boyfriend Roberto Martinez-Marinero carry his mother’s body to a car and then helping him dump her in southeast Omaha.

She faces up to 20 years in prison on the accessory charge when she is sentenced in October. In return for the 25-year-old Guevara’s plea, prosecutors dropped four accessory charges that could have netted another 25 years in prison.

Guevara not only helped Martinez-Marinero cart out his mother’s body, she threw out Martinez-Marinero’s cellphone in an attempt to conceal their location.

http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/wom...cle_8c96e681-fdc4-58f6-877e-c3b4d5d0d43b.html

Was she there when he killed Josue as well?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back