NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 Jun 2001 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I been studying this case for 5 years now and I don't think a neighbour lured him in as most people in this forum assume, let's just assume a perverted neighbour who was familiar with Jason saw him randomly and quickly got out his door to lure him in with "I need help with something can you come in" and Jason enters how would this neighbour tackle a 6 foot tall guy? and would the neighbour really have a gun readily with him in that moment? what if his gun is hidden somewhere? let's just assume he hit Jason with a big object wouldn't someone see a strange guy carry something massive? I'm just not convinced the more I read about his case. I just don't think it was a random opportunist I feel like it was planned due to his circimstance and I honestly have a feeling the restaurant Jason worked at is not being honest. What are the odds on that specific day his timetable changes he vanishes without a single trace? just because the staff members where cleared does not mean they're completely innocent. I just wish we knew how Jason was in that restaurant maybe he saw something? I also think he could have met with someone he trusted hence why Jason may have told his colleague to meet him at school, that's ofcourse if it was Jason idea. This is just my personal opinion ofcourse anything could have happened to Jason.

You mention a good point of maybe he saw something in the restaurant he wasn’t suppose to people have made the same conclusion with Michael Adams disappearance in the 80s who was the around the same age as Jason i think maybe Jason saw employees doing something illegal and they chose to shut him up because of it.

@Discogomerx Please contact law enforcement with this. We can't discuss particular people like this until they have been named as POIs or suspects by law enforcement. But I think what you are saying is a tip they would want to review carefully. IMO.

I agree, please contact police with the information. Also, you can always private message with other WSleuthers here to be more specific. :)

It's true that Fazoli's were the wildcard, and one of the few parties to know of Jason's change of plan. They sent one of the coworkers to pick Jason up, but assuming this person's story checked out, what happened? Another Fazoli's employee raced to get to the school first and intercept Jason? That sounds a bit farfetched to me, and otherwise we're looking at a conspiracy, and that's even more dubious. And like @hannah246 said, the idea of Jason getting lured to his death by a random neighbour is also somewhat unconvincing. But when we explore the possibility that Jason had an ulterior motive for meeting at the school, suddenly things start to fall into place.

Another thing we tend to assume is that Jason's killer is an older, possibly middle-aged man. Going by some of the property records in Jason's neighborhood, there were some younger guys in their 20's who owned homes. Perhaps if Jason was in some kind of secret relationship, it was with someone nearby who was closer to his age-20's or maybe early 30's. If it were a mutual non-grooming thing, it's easier to believe that over Jason being with someone in their 40's or 50's. It could also explain how they were able to physically get the drop on him when he (presumably) entered their home or vehicle (provided that a weapon wasn't just automatically drawn on him). Hard to imagine a much older male luring Jason into their home and then physically restraining him with sheer muscle.

I can't recall if this UID on Namus was ever suggested for Jason and discussed here? I read about it again tonight on another forum (seen it before); and I wonder if it has been looked into or even can be looked into re. DNA. Unidentified Person Case (namus.gov)
Interestingly enough, there are only six UIDs listed under Nebraska.

Last edited:
I can't recall if this UID on Namus was ever suggested for Jason and discussed here? I read about it again tonight on another forum (seen it before); and I wonder if it has been looked into or even can be looked into re. DNA. Unidentified Person Case (namus.gov)
Yeah, last heard the skull was sent to a lab in Texas and then never mentioned again by LE. Supposedly they ruled out some Nebraska cold cases that it could be linked to, but never stated specifically which ones.

I would hope he's been ruled-out, since the UID is a white male. Here is the WS thread for the UID. I asked carbuff to check the rule-outs, but I believe auto-rule-outs by DNA won't appear in NamUs. :
NE - NE - Ashland, Skull found on trail at Carol Joy Holling Camp, Salt Creek, Jun'17

I would hope he's been ruled-out, since the UID is a white male. Here is the WS thread for the UID. I asked carbuff to check the rule-outs, but I believe auto-rule-outs by DNA won't appear in NamUs. :
NE - NE - Ashland, Skull found on trail at Carol Joy Holling Camp, Salt Creek, Jun'17

Oh, I didn't know there was a thread for the UID. Thanks! Oh, I just peeked at the UID thread in question, and in an article there it says the pathologist had said he was about 90 percent certain it was a female skull, but still... I see that someone earlier in that thread has questioned as to whether it is JJ as well. Now I see post in answer to me above yours, thanks for the update Matthew Tyler!

Last edited:
The male/female thing is confusing. One article says likely female one says likely make.

Oh, I didn't know there was a thread for the UID. Thanks! Oh, I just peeked at the UID thread in question, and in an article there it says the pathologist had said he was about 90 percent certain it was a female skull, but still... I see that someone earlier in that thread has questioned as to whether it is JJ as well. Now I see post in answer to me above yours, thanks for the update Matthew Tyler!
A forensic dental autopsy was performed on June 10 and excluded several "cold cases" in Nebraska. Teeth from the skull were extracted and sent to the UNMC lab where DNA was collected. The DNA results were entered into CODIS (a DNA indexing system). The skull and dental information was then entered into National Crime Information Center as an unidentified person.

The skull was sent to an anthropologist and he determined the skull to be from a 19 to 30 year old male with a Caucasoid ancestry.

The male/female thing is confusing. One article says likely female one says likely make.

A forensic dental autopsy was performed on June 10 and excluded several "cold cases" in Nebraska. Teeth from the skull were extracted and sent to the UNMC lab where DNA was collected. The DNA results were entered into CODIS (a DNA indexing system). The skull and dental information was then entered into National Crime Information Center as an unidentified person.

The skull was sent to an anthropologist and he determined the skull to be from a 19 to 30 year old male with a Caucasoid ancestry.

I would assume that "cold cases in Nebraska "would include Jason's. And honestly, the only thing that is ever going to heat this case up at this point is finding his body, presuming he is deceased. To me, the most obvious and logical theory is that Fazoli's was involved, but if police ruled it out where else is there to go?

I would assume that "cold cases in Nebraska "would include Jason's. And honestly, the only thing that is ever going to heat this case up at this point is finding his body, presuming he is deceased. To me, the most obvious and logical theory is that Fazoli's was involved, but if police ruled it out where else is there to go?
Yes I always thought there was a Fazoli’s connection. Apparently there was a male employee that was looked at by police due to some concerning behavior around the staff outside of work but nothing came of it. Jason’s mom has said many times Fazoli’s was ruled out.
I don’t think Jason ran away. I think he may have detoured for some reason and met with foul play. The detour could have been planned by Jason. Or he could have cut through Fontanelle Park and been in the wrong place at the wrong time. It was on the route and has been reported to be sketchy. Also a lot of construction went on there on and off before and after Jason went missing. Not sure what state the park was in during the time he went missing.

I wonder if there is any way to write in and ask if Jason was one of the eliminated possibilities.

I wish I knew. I will try to research that.

I know others have written in to ask that from various investigators involved in different cases. I don't feel comfortable doing that too much, especially as I am not an American. I have in other cases though, mainly Canadian ones. :)

Yes I always thought there was a Fazoli’s connection. Apparently there was a male employee that was looked at by police due to some concerning behavior around the staff outside of work but nothing came of it. Jason’s mom has said many times Fazoli’s was ruled out.
I don’t think Jason ran away. I think he may have detoured for some reason and met with foul play. The detour could have been planned by Jason. Or he could have cut through Fontanelle Park and been in the wrong place at the wrong time. It was on the route and has been reported to be sketchy. Also a lot of construction went on there on and off before and after Jason went missing. Not sure what state the park was in during the time he went missing.

I suspected Fazoli's at first, simply because they were the catalyst for Jason's disappearance. However, I've come to rethink that over time. I cannot identify any motive or opportunity for someone at Fazoli's to abduct him. First of all, we know who was sent to pickup Jason. I understand it was a female coworker? If that girl was cleared, who was the abductor? As I said recently, are we expecting that someone at Fazoli's sent the girl to collect Jason, then personally drove there themselves to intercept him before he made it to the school? Were they all in on it together? If so, what scandal was so great that a restaurant had to plot the death of an 18 year-old server?

There is more to this story than meets the eye. I'm believing less and less that it was a random accident or crime of opportunity. I think Jason had more going on in his private life than first assumed.

It's tempting to link this with Fazoli's for sure, but as Ekardh said that gets into major conspiracy territory. If we look at the timing of it, it would be tough to pull this off without a hitch: Manager calls Jason and one of them suggests an 11 am pick up at the school. He sends the girl to get him. He abducts Jason himself, kills him, and disposes of him and is back in time at the restaurant by 11:15ish to pick up the girl's call when she tells him Jason never showed up. The other option is that he sends someone else to abduct Jason, which also is risky. Conspiring with teenagers to commit murder is quite a gamble. The more people involved, the more likely someone talks. The only thing I think Fazoli's did that day was ruin/change plans that Jason already had. When Jason goes to explain this to whoever they maybe lash out? The one thing that's tough to figure in that theory is how the change of plans lead to murder.

The only thing I think Fazoli's did that day was ruin/change plans that Jason already had. When Jason goes to explain this to whoever they maybe lash out? The one thing that's tough to figure in that theory is how the change of plans lead to murder.

That is one theory I have also considered - that he stopped by to tell someone he couldn't meet them later after all, because he was going to work, and either that made the person lash out in anger or he saw something when he stopped by unexpectedly that they didn't want him to see / know. Just an idea / speculation.

I also think he could have been randomly victimized by a stranger, though.

It's tempting to link this with Fazoli's for sure, but as Ekardh said that gets into major conspiracy territory. If we look at the timing of it, it would be tough to pull this off without a hitch: Manager calls Jason and one of them suggests an 11 am pick up at the school. He sends the girl to get him. He abducts Jason himself, kills him, and disposes of him and is back in time at the restaurant by 11:15ish to pick up the girl's call when she tells him Jason never showed up. The other option is that he sends someone else to abduct Jason, which also is risky. Conspiring with teenagers to commit murder is quite a gamble. The more people involved, the more likely someone talks. The only thing I think Fazoli's did that day was ruin/change plans that Jason already had. When Jason goes to explain this to whoever they maybe lash out? The one thing that's tough to figure in that theory is how the change of plans lead to murder.
I wish we would hear something from the girl who was picking him up at Benson High.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LoriVee