NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 Jun 2001 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still thinking that Jason started walking with no particular intention of ''running away''.
Maybe he made a wrong turn, was frustrated by the last minute inconvenience, or absentmindedly just kept walking until he wanted to stop, or something or someone made him stop. imo, speculation.
I lean toward this. I think it is important to remember Jason had some cognitive difficulties he had to overcome in life.
This has been mentioned in writing over the years but you can also hear it from Kelly herself when she was interviewed on the Unfound podcast a while back.
Jason was not a 100% typical 19 year old and I think that was probably a major factor in his disappearance-whether he got lost, ran off, had a relationship unknown to family that led to his death, or was lured by a neighbor.

My only problem with a scenario like this is it's quite dramatic and spontaneous. I can't believe something like that went down in suburbia without anyone hearing or seeing anything. You're also multiplying the number of people who'd need to cover up the murder and keep it a secret.

Not only that, but Jason does not seem like a guy who would get involved with a married woman IMO.

Last edited:
Could it be possible that his remains have been found but not identified yet (ie. John Doe)? And I say 'unidentified' because perhaps they haven't been analyzed/tested by forensics/LE because they're still in storage? I don't know the statistics of human remains found every year in the U.S., but it must be high.. what if there's a big backlog?

Could it be possible that his remains have been found but not identified yet (ie. John Doe)? And I say 'unidentified' because perhaps they haven't been analyzed/tested by forensics/LE because they're still in storage? I don't know the statistics of human remains found every year in the U.S., but it must be high.. what if there's a big backlog?

It's possible. The don't try to get a DNA profile from all remains found.

(Post partially DBM. I mixed up two cases.)

Does anyone recall why Jason's car was in the shop-was it body work or mechanical repairs? How long had Jason's car been in the shop prior to his disappearance?
I believe I read somewhere his parents did pick it up sometime after.

We had two hailstorms that spring. There was a lot of damage, and the places to get them fixed were swamped. The first was the worst and I believe it was in early May sometime.

His parents did pick up the car, and it sat parked for quite a while in the driveway. It was a nice dependable Honda as I recall.

Unfortunately she ignored my message when I reached out to her on Facebook :/

You should have tried her on YouTube, like you did me! LOL

I have not checked in here for a while. You guys have been busy. It was stagnate for a couple of months. I need to check my notification settings, and my spam settings.

Last edited:
This is my fear. What if they have found him (maybe only fragments that can't give them a full profile)? How many John Does are there in Omaha?

There's only a 5 UP's in NamUS. Two are known males, the rest are uncertain and are partial remains, and one is blond.
I'm thinking there could be more unidentified remains out there for Nebraska than are in the database.

Not only that, but Jason does not seem like a guy who would get involved with a married woman IMO.

Yeah. That's why I've overlooked this possibility for all this time. Just... trying to think outside the box.
What haven't we considered that could be because of the way we consider JJ to be. Or who we think JJ is.
Maybe we have him all wrong? Partially wrong.
I still don't think this one rings true. But, there's always that, we're separated routine.
Tons of stuff.
Just possibilities.
Whatever it was, if he didn't walk away, unless it was pure assault by a predator, it's something no one would have guessed.

There's only a 5 UP's in NamUS. Two are known males, the rest are uncertain and are partial remains, and one is blond.
I'm thinking there could be more unidentified remains out there for Nebraska than are in the database.

Almost certainly.
And even though someone on here said that they wouldn't murder someone then bury that person on their farm I imagine someone else might not be as knowledgeable about the problems with that. Wasn't it some young mother a couple of years ago that went missing with two guys from a bar. Found her buried on the guy's Dad's 50 acres.
It's crazzzzzy time out there.
Stay safe community.

And truly though, if I had to put a guess based solely on what I know about JJ it would be that he ran into the wrong person at the wrong time.
We're talking about literally, a choir boy. I mean nothing by that except what it is. Well, I guess maybe not choir, but you get the point with his activity in his Church.
JJ is that all American innocent youth that has no appearance of bad whatsoever. Puts his brother to sleep at night. Favorite song is "I'm Gonna Be" I mean Holy cow.
There's just NOTHING to look at this young man and say, I'll bet he was going to a drug deal at the trap house.
He's walking with a Chicago Cubs shirt on..... just helped his brother take in the trash and then poooooooof.

So, it's either he ran into Patrick Bateman on his short walk to the high school.
Warren Buffet is hiding him in his office and training him as the new Oracle.
Or... there are things we didn't/don't know about JJ.

FRUSTRATING

JJ's long walks and his disappearance are connected, I think, as many people on here have guessed. If his usual shift at Fazolis was at 5:30 PM, I assume he took those walks in the morning/early afternoons? Maybe at the same time he took off for Benson the day he vanished? Whether someone was keeping tabs on him during those walks, or if he had been meeting up with someone all those times, it may be connected to why he disappeared.

And truly though, if I had to put a guess based solely on what I know about JJ it would be that he ran into the wrong person at the wrong time.
We're talking about literally, a choir boy. I mean nothing by that except what it is. Well, I guess maybe not choir, but you get the point with his activity in his Church.
JJ is that all American innocent youth that has no appearance of bad whatsoever. Puts his brother to sleep at night. Favorite song is "I'm Gonna Be" I mean Holy cow.
There's just NOTHING to look at this young man and say, I'll bet he was going to a drug deal at the trap house.
He's walking with a Chicago Cubs shirt on..... just helped his brother take in the trash and then poooooooof.

So, it's either he ran into Patrick Bateman on his short walk to the high school.
Warren Buffet is hiding him in his office and training him as the new Oracle.
Or... there are things we didn't/don't know about JJ.

FRUSTRATING

Yea I think it was wrong place/time or accident. I don’t discount the theory that he could have had a relationship or issue that was hidden from family but that seems less likely.
Not everyone has a dark side. I think Jason was as “good” as has been reported. I think he may have been considered neuro atypical but I don’t know exactly what his cognitive issues were and if there was a formal diagnosis. I do know he was reportedly shy, college classmates said he was so shy at times he couldn’t make eye contact. He had to push through a lot to achieve his goals.
I would think there would have found some kind of evidence of a secret life on his computer or in his room, journal, notebook, unknown phone number, but apparently there wasn’t.
It’s possible though due to his nature he wanted to help someone in some way or trusted someone he shouldn’t have.

I would put that in as the 80% likely rule (the walks). Do we know where he may have liked walking?
The only instance I've heard of where he liked to walk was to a park in the opposite direction from where he was heading the day he vanished.
But here we are again, still the same place in a way. Was it innocent walking? If so then we have Patrick Bateman (American Psycho character in case mods think I'm outing a suspect) and it was random.
So, the key may be if those walks were innocent or not.
Now, nothing has as of yet come out regarding finding something drug related in his room after he was gone. Of course that doesn't mean anything absolute, but who knows. Plus, JJ was pretty cash strapped as it was. But maybe there it is...?
Had to pay for college. Had to pay for the car, deductible at least probably.
Did he owe someone and they weren't going to put up with that anymore?

Yea I think it was wrong place/time or accident. I don’t discount the theory that he could have had a relationship or issue that was hidden from family but that seems less likely.
Not everyone has a dark side. I think Jason was as “good” as has been reported. I think he may have been considered neuro atypical but I don’t know exactly what his cognitive issues were and if there was a formal diagnosis. I do know he was reportedly shy, college classmates said he was so shy at times he couldn’t make eye contact. He had to push through a lot to achieve his goals.
I would think there would have found some kind of evidence of a secret life on his computer or in his room, journal, notebook, unknown phone number, but apparently there wasn’t.
It’s possible though due to his nature he wanted to help someone in some way or trusted someone he shouldn’t have.

I definitely hope he was as innocent as we think. Though that might not help us or the police figure anything out. Would be better if he was doing something that somebody figured out.
And that's just it, nothing has come up so far to say he wasn't that innocent.
Now, would it take a James Renner style approach to this whole thing to shake up the tree and drop some undiscovered fruit around the yard? I mean, prior to James' investigation into MMurray, who would have thought all of that was going on behind the scenes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cancerkilla